Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > What Veggie Do You REALLY Despise?

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

When I even say cooked eggplant - I can actually feel myself starting to gag.  Cooked eggplant is just right there with fresh salted slugs in my personal food chain.

Okra is major yummy - pan fried in grandma's skillet.

And since the hormone thing has reared its head in this thread in regards to beef - please note that hormones have been illegal in the poultry industry since NIXON.   When they advertise that a poultry product is "hormone free" it like saying "The new Chevy - now with seats!"  Just stupid advertising that people still fall for a quarter of a century later.

VintageV

Nov 11 05 01:50 pm Link

Model

Zab

Ellenton, Florida, US

photoguy42 wrote:
The only vegetable I particularly despise...

George W Bush

Hey! I said "good natured" thread! *LOL* wink

Nov 11 05 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Zabrena wrote:

Hey! I said "good natured" thread! *LOL* wink

You know... I was just thinking about that... you are talking about "good natured" yet, it's a thread to smash vegetables... big_smile

Nov 11 05 03:28 pm Link

Model

Zab

Ellenton, Florida, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
We never shot up our cattle with any hormones or drugs either.  So I know I ate safe meat when I was a kid. But it's been so long since I've had any beef that I don't think I could even  "stomach" it! After so many years, I've got no desire to even try it.  It grosses me out to even think about it!

I know what you mean! If I tried to eat beef right now I'd more than likely get sick myself .. it's been soooooooo long!
That and fast food, I haven't had that in about three years, I'd get sicker than a dog if I ate a Mickey D's burger right now .... *bleck*

So .. as long as everyone is posting what veggies they DO like ... here are my favorites!

-Artichokes (the REAL ones!)
-Sugar Snap Peas (still in the pod!)
-Red Bell Peppers
-Asspagrass (Asparagus)
-Brussel Sprouts
-White Corn

Nov 11 05 03:29 pm Link

Model

Zab

Ellenton, Florida, US

UdoR wrote:
You know... I was just thinking about that... you are talking about "good natured" yet, it's a thread to smash vegetables... big_smile

*LOL* Hee hee .. well .. some of them deserved to be smashed! big_smile wink

Nov 11 05 03:30 pm Link

Model

Danielle A

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Pass the sweet potato, just leave that purple eggplant at home! sad

Nov 11 05 03:33 pm Link

Model

Samantha Smead

Clive, Iowa, US

Lima Beans!!!

Nov 11 05 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I know that many here don't like mushrooms... not sure why... but for me, coming from Germany, we have so many different mushrooms, and mushroom recipes... there is some very hearty stuff.

My favorites are hands down Oyster Mushrooms... sauteed with some garlic, onions, in Madeira wine.

Frying in the pan, with some fresh crushed peppers over them, maybe a little sweet cream (just a dash) over it.

Having some bavarian dumplings or garlic mashed  potatos as a side... hmmmmm *closes eyes*, nobody experienced my cooking... here...

But where I agree with most of you... is gagplant... don't like it... eat it on veggie sandwich... but I am not a fan of it either.

Nov 11 05 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Ed Burns Photography wrote:
I keed! I keed!...I'm such a kidder. 

Seriously, I can't stand the ones that don't cause as much controversy and just lay there in bed all day doing nothing.  Tyler is cool though...

Oh Gawd!

Nov 11 05 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Fred L. Timm wrote:
Okra.

Worst thing God ever created.

What! I love it (especially whe way my mother used to make it).  God's gift to the world /t

Nov 11 05 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Model Sarah wrote:

noooooooooooooo bread it!!! It is so good breaded and fried.

Yes! Sahah's my new veggie Queen.  /t

Nov 11 05 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

UdoR wrote:

I agree ... we need to can this talk about veggies. /t

Nov 11 05 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Lima beans, unless they're from a can in a C-rations box.  Of course C-rations are now obsolete, so the only existing examples must be about 30 years old.  Maybe this is something I will never again eat...

-Don

Nov 11 05 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

I hate Artichokes!!!!!  I don't know if I even spelled that right but UGH!!! they're the most awful thing EVER!!! O_O

Nov 11 05 10:22 pm Link

Model

Jordan

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Susi wrote:
Well don't come to my house because I'm from Louisiana and might make you eat something weird like catfish or frog...which tastes like chicken as does squirrel.  Actually squirrel's taste pretty good, especially my mom's squirrel and dumplings.

...Yeah.. I just moved from Louisiana... Ive tasted it (by trickory) and it was gross... sorry.
Catfish is cool. I dont eat it (or any other type of fish for that matter), but I dont find it weird either.

Nov 12 05 12:31 am Link

Model

Jordan

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Susi wrote:

Well don't come to my house because I'm from Louisiana and might make you eat something weird like catfish or frog...which tastes like chicken as does squirrel.  Actually squirrel's taste pretty good, especially my mom's squirrel and dumplings.

Plus, a squirrel is just a rat in a cuter outfit. Rats dont appeal to me.

Nov 12 05 12:32 am Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Torrance, California, US

Fred L. Timm wrote:
Okra.

Worst thing God ever created.

Yes!!!...Oprah HAS to go!

Nov 12 05 02:04 am Link

Photographer

Steve Cain

Irvine, California, US

UdoR wrote:
LOL...

I am actually a vegghead for over 23 years..

Well, I was a vegetarian for a few years when I was younger...and now have gone mostly vegan again. May I never eat some bad meat that makes me get sick and nauseated at a restaurant again! lol

Please see my "what meat do you loathe to eat" thread lol...

Nov 12 05 02:13 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Anything in the bean family.

I prefer food that looks up at me with sad eyes, anyway.

Nov 12 05 02:50 am Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Tomatos. They are evil and vile and want to take over the world. I know they do; you can find them hiding in all kinds of food... evil vile despicable naughty creatures! And yeah, I know they're actually fruit, but they lurk in the veggie garden pretending to be veggies. See? You must learn to fear the tomato!

-Pat-

Nov 12 05 04:25 am Link

Model

Jordan

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
Tomatos. They are evil and vile and want to take over the world. I know they do; you can find them hiding in all kinds of food... evil vile despicable naughty creatures! And yeah, I know they're actually fruit, but they lurk in the veggie garden pretending to be veggies. See? You must learn to fear the tomato!

-Pat-

I don't give a rats ass what science says, maters are a veggie. They look like a veggie, they taste like a vieggie, they smell like a veggie. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......

Nov 12 05 06:20 am Link

Model

Shayuma

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Zabrena wrote:
- Sweet Potatoes (and they have to ruin marshmallows for you too on that one!)
- Beets

I dont like sweet potatoes or beets either. Also don't like asparagus. I "thought" I was going to cook a decent meal for myself by fixing steak, homemade mash potatoes and asparagus. Soon as I bit into that crap I gagged...NEVER again

Nov 12 05 06:58 am Link

Model

Jessica Loren

Baltimore, Maryland, US

DRowan wrote:
When my daughter was a baby...we took her to the mall. All the ladies were commenting on how much she loved sweet potatos & carrots because her nose was orange. We didn't notice cause it's kind'a like having a puppy and not noticing how much they are growing & stuff...

I guess you had to be there, ok, nevermind.

BTW....she hates them now.

When Jess was a baby, I took her the doctor for the same reason. I thought she had gotten into a bag of cheese curls! No kidding, every little crease in her body was orange!

Diagnosis was...more greens and less beta carotene.

Nov 12 05 11:07 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

theda wrote:
I prefer food that looks up at me with sad eyes, anyway.

https://www.area291.com/happy-meal.jpg

Nov 12 05 11:15 am Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

https://www.houseofjames.com/pics/064626710033.jpg
Jr. Asparagus I despise him.

Nov 12 05 12:06 pm Link

Model

Jordan

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

area291 wrote:

https://www.area291.com/happy-meal.jpg

LOL!

Nov 12 05 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Pat Thielen wrote:

-Pat-

https://images.amazon.com/images/P/6303441343.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Nov 12 05 06:58 pm Link

Model

Zab

Ellenton, Florida, US

Ed Burns Photography wrote:
Yes!!!...Oprah HAS to go!

AMEN! wink

Nov 12 05 07:21 pm Link

Model

_Blip_

Tampa, Florida, US

I can't stand...

1) Brussel sprouts
2) Beets
3) Sweet potatoes
4) Ocra
5) Radishes

And, I can't eat broccoli, as I don't digest it well, so that would have to be on the list too. ;-)

Nov 12 05 07:27 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Crazy Benny

Rochester, New York, US

Benny wrote:
I do not like these https://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sick/sick0020.gif
https://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/images/food/broccoli.gif https://www.clipart.vg/clipart/photos/tomato03.jpg https://www.aklaat.com/images/dict/cauliflower.gif

Me too

Nov 13 05 02:31 am Link

Model

Sheri B

Allentown, Pennsylvania, US

I hate lima beans.  Speaking of thanksgiving they ruin succotash.  Just corn is fine with me.

Nov 13 05 11:17 am Link

Model

Mindy

Chandler, Arizona, US

I've never had asparagus..

But.. I don't like beets, onions, or anything that is SPICY. Red peppers, bell peppers, jalepenos, etc.

Nov 13 05 11:20 am Link

Model

Mindy

Chandler, Arizona, US

Sheri B wrote:
I hate lima beans.  Speaking of thanksgiving they ruin succotash.  Just corn is fine with me.

I hate lima beans too! ew!

Nov 13 05 11:21 am Link