Forums > Model Colloquy > The New Model Info and Scam Guide

Model

lindam

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom

ohmygosh, i so wish i read this post earlier!! it's fab.  Unfortunately though, i have been scammed and really need advice from the more experienced of you in this forum.
a company - abigail betz couture - approached me asking me to do a shoot for them.  I said yes and after speaking to them for a few weeks via email passed on my details.  They said that they wired a check to my bank and i thought that they had when i checked my bank balance (i had not checked it previously for a while) they asked me to deduct my fee and send the rest on via western union.  When they thought that the money had been put into my bank account, they were hassling me none stop for three days to find a western union (the nearest one is liverpool airport - a good 25 miles away!).  I sent the money on and then found out i owed the bank.  I had a meeting with my bank manager who informed me that the only money that had gone into my bank within the past month was money that i had put in and wages from the solicitors firm in which i work.
I emailed and phoned this company (who look to be an actual company in africa) but have had no joy.

Has anybody else been scammed like this and who can i report it to?

Any advice would be so much appreciated as it was quite a lot of money!

Lin
xxx

Nov 19 07 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

Fifi-Alexis wrote:

I'm not a mod, but I'd say go for it!

big_smile

Could you just get your foot out of my face? Can I get a booby or another body part yo?
DAYUM..

wink

Nov 21 07 08:16 am Link

Model

sianm

High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom

lindam wrote:
ohmygosh, i so wish i read this post earlier!! it's fab.  Unfortunately though, i have been scammed and really need advice from the more experienced of you in this forum.
a company - abigail betz couture - approached me asking me to do a shoot for them.  I said yes and after speaking to them for a few weeks via email passed on my details.  They said that they wired a check to my bank and i thought that they had when i checked my bank balance (i had not checked it previously for a while) they asked me to deduct my fee and send the rest on via western union.  When they thought that the money had been put into my bank account, they were hassling me none stop for three days to find a western union (the nearest one is liverpool airport - a good 25 miles away!).  I sent the money on and then found out i owed the bank.  I had a meeting with my bank manager who informed me that the only money that had gone into my bank within the past month was money that i had put in and wages from the solicitors firm in which i work.
I emailed and phoned this company (who look to be an actual company in africa) but have had no joy.

Has anybody else been scammed like this and who can i report it to?

Any advice would be so much appreciated as it was quite a lot of money!

Lin
xxx

I also received a message from them on this but luckily i didnt give out my details....what is wrong with ppl like this?!....

Nov 22 07 01:11 pm Link

Model

lindam

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom

I know i can't believe i did it.  I'm so stupid.  Unfortunately for them my dad is a police officer and my boss a solicitor and i like my money too much to give up without a fight.  I think it's the Thai in me!
xXx

Nov 24 07 02:38 pm Link

Model

Emi Doll

Fairmount, Illinois, US

I just got the Essentials magazine scam in my inbox as well.  I immediately sensed it was phony because of the horrible spelling, random capitalization and general lack of knowledge of the english language.  I'm so glad I read this topic first, though.

Nov 24 07 05:10 pm Link

Model

Rhonda Wilson

Arlington, Georgia, US

Thank you for all the great tips! I'll be sure to reference this thread often.

Nov 25 07 04:22 am Link

Photographer

Woody UK

Evesham, England, United Kingdom

If any one gets email from a Mr Thomas Brown,please beware.
He claims to be an agent for Essentials magazine ine the UK.
He's contacted a model i know in the US saying that he'll get her on the cover of the magazine. He will arrange a shoot in her area but wants to send her $600 straight away to cover the shoot.
In the real world this does'nt happen.

He uses this email [email protected]
And sends out this mobile No 4407024 094462

I've left all the details in the hands of the magazines legal department.

Nov 25 07 11:28 am Link

Model

Nikki Vicious

Flower Mound, Texas, US

Here's one I actually hadn't heard about before...

So you get contacted through MM by a legit photographer, talk for a while, and things either work out for a shoot or they don't (in my case they didn't because I can't do nudity). A few days later, someone tracks you down through email/IM and starts giving you all these stories about how that photographer was a hacker and how he abused/kidnapped/murdered/etc a previous model he worked with. Being rather cautious, I recorded the IP address/computer information of the person I was speaking with...

A few days after that, I get a phone call from a blocked number (still no clue how he got my number) claiming to be from the police department where the photographer was from, and asking me to email my portfolio link and any other identifying information to a "detective" with the special crimes department, who was using a gmail address.

I played along, knowing exactly what would happen... the person gets your email address, then works backwards to hack your MM/OMP/etc, and then uses that to scam other people. I used a brand new gmail account, since they're free, and then sent a OMP link that didn't exist anymore, and amazingly, about 30 minutes after the person got the email, I could no longer log in to that account.

Moral of the story, use extremely hard to crack passwords (no.. sexy11 is not a hard to crack password...) and if something sounds too off the wall, and you can't find anything at all about it by googling it, stop communicating with that person.

Nov 30 07 02:20 pm Link

Model

Annoula T

Fort Lee, New Jersey, US

I guess I am really happy that I just read this thread.. because I received an e-mail about two days ago....

first email

Hi Model ,
My name is Chris Canales,38 Male from London,England. Am a freelance modeling agent working for FHM Magazine in recruiting models, Make Up artist and Hair stylist,I'm currently recruiting models for a special edition of the magazine which will take place in California SACRAMENTO, between 8TH Dec-10th Dec 2007 and presently we are recruiting good Models around United State for this shoot I saw your profile and some of your works on the web while surfing the internet, I appreciate them and I would like us to do some works together,I presently have good offer for you.Please i want to know if you are interested in working with us in this end of the year edition of  FHM magazine.You stand a chance of making reasonuditable $1650 from this deal,and even a noticeable fame. Let me know if you are interested in my offer as soon as possible and I would give you further details......

Best regards......
Chris Canales

second email

Hello Anna,
     Thanks for the quick response and interest this is special offer.There is no nudity involved ok, let me give you more details.The whole shoot will be in California SACRAMENTO, second week of december 2007,the taken pictures will be used for the magazine cover of FHM magazine.The name of our client's company is FHM Magazine( www.fhm.com) its a united kingdom based magazine company.This company has just been establish in some countries around the world.Anyway the location of the shoots will be somewhere in SACRAMENTO, CA.The photographer for this project will be coming down form NY while we are inviting Make Up Artist and Hair Stylist from Canada,we believe that you will make a good Model.The shoot is just for 2days and you will be paid $1,650 for the whole project,the Job is Urgent so you are to get back to me as soon as possible so that i can arrange on how to get you the part payment.You will be paid $500 as your part payment, this money is for your transport down to California. The date for the shooting is not yet fixed,i will have to make arrangement for that ahead from now,there is a company financing this whole project,i will email you the exact date for the sho\ting a week before as soon as the arrangement is completed with our client.As part of  our working policy and ethics,we give part payment from any client before we proceed with any job and balance immediately after the work,your accommodation and feeding we be free cause we will make provision for it upon your arrival.The payment will be mailed out to you as soon as you send your Full Name and Contact Address in this format below:

Name on check :
Complete Mailing address,
city,
state,
zip code :
Cell/Phone number :

As i told you earlier there is a company financing this whole project they will be taking care of your payment,accommodation and all that, the payment would be mailed directly to you alongside the studio fee and immediately you have it,you will take out your $500 and send the remaining to the studio agents in California so that the studio for the shoot will be secured.Then you will be paid the balance of $1,150 immediately after the shooting, I hope this is quite clear.Please I'd like you to check your email on a regular basis, i might have updates for you.
Thanks and do have a lovely day....

Best regards...
Chris Canales

--- guess it does sound like a scam to me!!!

Dec 03 07 02:43 pm Link

Model

MYS Britt

San Diego, California, US

I like the one scam thats says =  you wont need to pay a dim!!

Dec 15 07 07:18 pm Link

Model

Your Haven

Tyler, Texas, US

I am sure you've all seen the trend in this thread already, but I thought I would point it out in case......... ya know...

If it is a "reputable" company, a person claiming to represent a well known photographer and they claim to have found your profile on websites where you can receive messages to an inbox THERE, yet you've been contacted to your direct email- bypassing the site completely, Its more than likely a scam.  I would wager that a legit photographer/agent or company who utilizes reputable sites such as MM or OMP, and has an account on such sites, does not try to email potential models because they are all aware that we are very weary of scams. They also know that our photos are valuable to us, whether we are professionals or not-other wise we would not be seeking work as a model. They are not going to do things that scream SCAM in your face, if they are aware of these scams and do not want to be dismissed. Thats stupid and doesn't make sense.

If they found you on MM, they will contact in that manner because that is what this place is for. ~those who do not, and are not scamming, in my opinion, SHOULD take this into account and start using the sites for what they are made for.

But as someone mentioned earlier, the more important part of an email address is AFTER the "@". To make that more specific and clear.......

IF THEY ARE FROM MAXIM, they aren't going to message you via email, bypassing a legit modeling contact site, with an email address that is from yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc...
these are free and everyone knows you can make up any name you want.
This isn't to say you can't be legit if you have a free account, but if that's your situation, you should just use the websites instead until you're potential model is comfortable and has seen that you are not a joke.
Magazines like Maxim are going to have an email address that uses that name. Most of the photographers, or other model seekers who have a website to showcase their experience generally use the email of their domain.... they are usually provided by the web host and are usually the photographer's preferred contact address.. .because they don't want us to know their whole life story and have access to their information any more than we wish to share ours. If they have a website email, they will avoid contacting you with their personal name and internet access provider provided email....
@sbcglobal.com or whatever it is nowdays would let you know that they subscribe to that service and the address can be traced easily.

and on a NON monetary scam note....... Ive received tons of scams from people who found me on Modsheet.... I am not discrediting the site itself, but I do know that when I began a profile THERE, suddenly google showed the exact profile information on modsheet, malemod.com (im clearly female), and now as of yesterday also on modpost.com........ AND all of my personal information, my location, and my last name even was posted on the profile when I was not logged in. I provided a zip code for the registration, but listed my location for the profile as "NorthEast Texas"... so why does my profile say the exact town associated with my zip code? That information was not supposed to be made public. But it was there.

and anyway, because anyone that wants to can make a free account there without having to provide legit photos or any photos at all, I have recently been contacted by many men who were asking for nude photos for fun.... but also some who claimed that my profile on the site was a bit short and did not contain the images "their client" needs, but "I will need you to email me a full body front, profile, and back, fully nude. A headshot and a topless front will also be required."

There was never mention of sending me funds... there were travel expenses etc, IF I were chosen, but in order to be considered further, I would need to send the requested shots.

sorry but screw that... I have a pay site... you aren't going to get the content for free just because you think I must be really ignorant sense I model artistic nudes.

*****Im glad that MM requires someone to approve your profile based on the images you submit. Its not a cure-all, I know, but its at least a filter. SO thanks to MM for THAT!*****

Dec 17 07 07:06 pm Link

Model

May Flower

Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Hello,
   My name is James Smith, i am freelance modelling agent working for essenials magazine in New York recruiting models for Essentials Magazine currently wanting models for a new and special edition of the magazine.I saw your profile and pictues while surfing the internet, I appreciate them and I would like us to do some works together.I presently have good offer for you. I want to know if you are interested in modeling because I need pictures of a good looking person who will be on the magazine cover of one of next month edition.Please let me know if you are interested in the Job. You stand a chance of making reasonable $600 from this deal to start,and even a noticeable fame. Let me know if you are interested  by mailing me in my offer and I would give you further details and you can aswell visit  the website....
www.essentialsmagazine.com
Regards
James Smith..

Yeah, I received this e-mail on three separate occasions, I finally had enough and reported it to the police also. These scams are a piss off and are a waste of my time to read them. It is sad, however, that people actually get "sucked" in to these things!!! I am really happy that this thread was posted....

Cheers

Dec 18 07 08:19 pm Link

Model

May Flower

Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Oh and p.s.
If an opportunity looks like this:

Hi,
I am John Powell a talent scout based in Europe at the verge of establishing a global modeling portal which will keep you abreast of the latest in the fashion world.Currently some clients of mine are looking to sponsor models who would like to work internationally we are carefully selecting models for our directory and we don't mix professional models with newcomers.Also there is a modeling contest in Paris come January 2008.If you are interested in participating contact Bijorhca Models via email [email protected].
Once you are selected for the event do contact me via email so that i  can render render the necessary assistance to you.
Payment of your Entry Fee,Flight ticket,lodging expenses and  submission of professional photos, including head shots, and full length shots will be taken care of by my sponsors.

Warmest Regards
John Powell

Chances are...it absolute B.S.

An easy way to get rid of them, or to figure them out, is ask for references of whom they have worked with in the past, the manager of the company they are working or shooting for...etc.

I have had so many people who have tried to scam me, and when you ask for information like the stuff listed above, they usually DO NOT REPLY...

Heck, ask for their Model Mayhem # !!! It works!!!

Cheers

Dec 18 07 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Ryan Gee

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

the message below was emailed to my girlfriend ... who is also a member on MM. I thought it was very odd. Looks sleazy and scam like to me. Thought I'd share.

Unique NON_PUBLISHED shoot. 400/hr. I realize you usually don't do this type of work but this offer may appeal to those who do not wish that type of work simply because of the exposure. If it still does not fit your comfort level, please accept my best wishes for your career and excuse any inconvenience.
We are marketing the software to the adult industry and therefore need a short erotic condom protected boy/girl video to work with. If you are concerned about anonymity you may wear a mask (like zorro or mardi-gras). 1 hr boy/girl condom protected scene. No pain anal swallowing, kink, etc. Just very straightforward, low-key shoot. You, the actor and one cameraperson.. The shoot is very easy. Acting, dialog, etc not necessary as the footage is heavily edited. pay is 400/hr cash on site. If you work out well for the first shoot, we'll hire you for as many scenes as we can fit in during your stay. We have references from a few omp models we've worked with also.

These shots will be used for the editing demos only and not published or broadcast in any way. Therefore it shouldn't have any negative effect on your career. And you will get excellent exposure and referrals, ONLY if desired, to some of the largest adult directors and producers in the business. If you are available, please let me know what nudity and performance limits you may  Good luck, love your pictures. Also if you need digital or print images for your own use, I can certainly provide you with whatever you want to pose for. If this is not your cup of tea then please accept my best wishes and hope for your future endeavors

If you are interested. we'll pay for travel to san diego , and pay for hotel. Would you want to return the same day or stay a while? We can also refer you to some other photographers who might like to do some nude stills (for publication) for the standard rate
references available on request

Dec 19 07 07:50 pm Link

Model

Des Tinee

Brookfield, Wisconsin, US

Ryan Gee  wrote:
the message below was emailed to my girlfriend ... who is also a member on MM. I thought it was very odd. Looks sleazy and scam like to me. Thought I'd share.

Unique NON_PUBLISHED shoot. 400/hr. I realize you usually don't do this type of work but this offer may appeal to those who do not wish that type of work simply because of the exposure. If it still does not fit your comfort level, please accept my best wishes for your career and excuse any inconvenience.
We are marketing the software to the adult industry and therefore need a short erotic condom protected boy/girl video to work with. If you are concerned about anonymity you may wear a mask (like zorro or mardi-gras). 1 hr boy/girl condom protected scene. No pain anal swallowing, kink, etc. Just very straightforward, low-key shoot. You, the actor and one cameraperson.. The shoot is very easy. Acting, dialog, etc not necessary as the footage is heavily edited. pay is 400/hr cash on site. If you work out well for the first shoot, we'll hire you for as many scenes as we can fit in during your stay. We have references from a few omp models we've worked with also.

These shots will be used for the editing demos only and not published or broadcast in any way. Therefore it shouldn't have any negative effect on your career. And you will get excellent exposure and referrals, ONLY if desired, to some of the largest adult directors and producers in the business. If you are available, please let me know what nudity and performance limits you may  Good luck, love your pictures. Also if you need digital or print images for your own use, I can certainly provide you with whatever you want to pose for. If this is not your cup of tea then please accept my best wishes and hope for your future endeavors

If you are interested. we'll pay for travel to san diego , and pay for hotel. Would you want to return the same day or stay a while? We can also refer you to some other photographers who might like to do some nude stills (for publication) for the standard rate
references available on request

LOTS of ppl are saying they are getting this message

Dec 25 07 11:53 pm Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

This is the best thread ever!  "A sucker is born every minute," as the saying goes.  I.e. there is always a new crop of inexperienced hopefuls who can't tell a legit offer from a scam.  The more info like this appears in more places, the more newbies will be forwarned and forearmed.  Fifi, there's a special place in Heaven for you.

Dec 26 07 12:51 pm Link

Model

Miss Lich

Mount Vernon, Alabama, US

very helpful information

Dec 29 07 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Thanks Fifi, you just saved us all a lot of typing!

Dec 29 07 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Fifi-Alexis wrote:
This is a thread for new and not so new models to use as a reference in case a particular question comes up. I know some of the threads in the forums are full of incorrect information or go completely off-topic, so we created this thread to help you sort through all the clutter.

So, let’s get started:

The most common scam people ask about in the forums turn out to really be Nigerian Scams. They aren't new... and definitely not only associated with modeling. So, if you receive a message you think may be one, go here http://www.newmodels.com/Nigeria.html , and it should help to clear up some things.

Ok, so if you get an email and you are sure it isn't a Nigerian Scam, but still aren't sure if it is legit, I will break down the common ways to determine whether or not you will be ripped off. Let’s dissect the message you may have received. Often times, there are major clues that tip you off to a scam…. Clue #1: I’m not being mean, I’m just being honest… if you are 5’2 and you receive an e-mail informing you that some agent/ talent coordinator/ designer/ model scout wants to fly you to another country for a “Fashion Show”, be wary. The typical height for a fashion model (runway and editorial) is between 5’8 and 6’0 (www.newmodels.com), and since designers use sample sizes, the odds of them tailoring a garment specifically to you are slim to none. Clue #2: If you are told that you will be sent a Money Order/ Check and you have to cash it and send a portion back to the original sender, be very wary. This is one of the most common scams out there. It’s not just used in the Modeling Industry. It is a well-known scam. This link details it better, http://www.newmodels.com/myths.html Clue #3: If you are asked to do an interview over a web cam, runaway. No reputable agency will ever ask you to undress/pose on a web cam.  Bottom line, if you feel uneasy at all about a “job offer” you receive, do a www.Google.com or www.Google.ca  on the company/ person offering to hire you. More times than not, you will find something pertaining to whether or not it’s a scam immediately.Also, thanks to SayCheez!, you can also use this site to help you decipher whether or not you are dealing with a scammer.

Do I have what it takes to make it in the industry/what genre would I be better in? By going to these links will answer all your questions: Mainstream Modeling (i.e. Fashion, Editorial and Commercial) and Plus-Sized Modeling. DO NOT WORRY IF YOU DON’T FIT ANY OF THOSE STANDARDS!!! You can still model…. Fashion modeling isn’t the end all. There are many other genres that you could go into (i.e. Glamour, Art, Art Nudes, Fetish, Alt, Swimsuit, and Lingerie). You just have to find your niche.

How do I know my exact measurements?:

http://plussize.about.com/od/dressingfo … ements.htm

It’s geared more for full figures but the same directions work for everyone.
Tips: Make sure your measuring tape stays level. The fullest part of your hips means around your butt. If at all possible, have someone else measure you rather than trying to
measure yourself. It will be much more accurate.

Will doing nudes hinder my career? Doing/shooting nudes doesn't make someone a whore/pervert.... Even high fashion involves some sort of nudity (be it topless, implied or full nudity). But, only do nudity if you are completely comfortable. No one would/should ever force you into doing something you just aren’t ready to do. You don’t have to do nudity, but outside of the fashion world, it will limit your paid work opportunities. That doesn’t mean that if you aren’t fashion material you have to do porn. There are various outlets that use nudity in a tasteful manner.

I would like to thank, Roger (TXPhotog) for the site www.newmodels.com, UdoR for his runway thread, and TheStitchWitch for her link on proper measurements.

Much of this info is simply not correct. The models on this site are going to lose a lot of work if they follow it. Using this info as a guide is sort of like saying if a guy tells you that you have beautiful eyes then he's a player or a scoundrel. it might be true some of the time, but you won't date much if you blow off every guy who compliments you. Its how things work.

The info cited here is only true if you only consider large modeling agencies to be legitimate. There are lots of working models that are under 5'8", for example. And there are lots of smaller agencies that can get you work that aren't as organized as well-established agencies.

The most troubling info is all of the garb about licensing. Getting a license is a big hassle, but virtually ANYONE can get a license. It doesn't prove anything. It just proves that you jumped through that particular hoop. Additionally, the states don't do bupkis about enforcing anything. They just take your money and give you a number. There is no oversight, no one will ever call you or visit to see if you are legit once you've obtained the license. You could very easily obtain a license and conduct bigger scams than anyone else. Also, you only need a license if you charge a fee for your services to the model. So if you get a pct of the job fee, you need a license. If you run fashion shows for a large client, you don't need a license. There are lots of ways to run a modeling agency without needing a license. In order to get a license, you need to have a physical office, which costs a lot of money. Many agents who freelance don't want to spend $2000/month for an office just to appease some 80yo guy from the state who does the site inspection. Additionally, you don't need a license to exclusively represent someone under contract (at least not in NY or Florida).

To me, many "legitimate" agencies are bigger scammers than a guy with a website who posts your pictures and sees what happens. These "model searches" are all scams; they tell these girls they have potential and make them pay fees to attend the events.

The bottom line is money. If you have to pay anything, or if you have to do something for free that you'd normally get paid for, its probably a scam. Maybe scam isn't the right word. If a guy tells a girl what she wants to hear (hey, you have great potential) and then charges her for his time to take bad pictures of her, is that a scam? She's gonna think she's a model no matter what you tell her. Like anything else, use your head. If it seems fishy then it probably is, but be CAREFUL instead of being paranoid.

When models are starting out they can't be too picky as to who they deal with. You're going to meet a lot of scoundrels along the way, just like in dating or any other aspect of life. Use your judgement and don't put yourself in a position of vulnerability, like flying off somewhere. Be careful, but don't be so paranoid that you never get a job or an interview at all. You're probably not as great as you think you are, so don't think you're being smart when you blow off a guy who can legitimately help your career.

Dec 30 07 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

MLB PHOTOGRAPHY

Long Beach, California, US

Fifi-Alexis wrote:
This is a thread for new and not so new models to use as a reference in case a particular question comes up. I know some of the threads in the forums are full of incorrect information or go completely off-topic, so we created this thread to help you sort through all the clutter.

So, let’s get started:

The most common scam people ask about in the forums turn out to really be Nigerian Scams. They aren't new... and definitely not only associated with modeling. So, if you receive a message you think may be one, go here http://www.newmodels.com/Nigeria.html , and it should help to clear up some things.

Ok, so if you get an email and you are sure it isn't a Nigerian Scam, but still aren't sure if it is legit, I will break down the common ways to determine whether or not you will be ripped off. Let’s dissect the message you may have received. Often times, there are major clues that tip you off to a scam…. Clue #1: I’m not being mean, I’m just being honest… if you are 5’2 and you receive an e-mail informing you that some agent/ talent coordinator/ designer/ model scout wants to fly you to another country for a “Fashion Show”, be wary. The typical height for a fashion model (runway and editorial) is between 5’8 and 6’0 (www.newmodels.com), and since designers use sample sizes, the odds of them tailoring a garment specifically to you are slim to none. Clue #2: If you are told that you will be sent a Money Order/ Check and you have to cash it and send a portion back to the original sender, be very wary. This is one of the most common scams out there. It’s not just used in the Modeling Industry. It is a well-known scam. This link details it better, http://www.newmodels.com/myths.html Clue #3: If you are asked to do an interview over a web cam, runaway. No reputable agency will ever ask you to undress/pose on a web cam.  Bottom line, if you feel uneasy at all about a “job offer” you receive, do a www.Google.com or www.Google.ca  on the company/ person offering to hire you. More times than not, you will find something pertaining to whether or not it’s a scam immediately.Also, thanks to SayCheez!, you can also use this site to help you decipher whether or not you are dealing with a scammer.

Do I have what it takes to make it in the industry/what genre would I be better in? By going to these links will answer all your questions: Mainstream Modeling (i.e. Fashion, Editorial and Commercial) and Plus-Sized Modeling. DO NOT WORRY IF YOU DON’T FIT ANY OF THOSE STANDARDS!!! You can still model…. Fashion modeling isn’t the end all. There are many other genres that you could go into (i.e. Glamour, Art, Art Nudes, Fetish, Alt, Swimsuit, and Lingerie). You just have to find your niche.

How do I know my exact measurements?:

http://plussize.about.com/od/dressingfo … ements.htm

It’s geared more for full figures but the same directions work for everyone.
Tips: Make sure your measuring tape stays level. The fullest part of your hips means around your butt. If at all possible, have someone else measure you rather than trying to
measure yourself. It will be much more accurate.

Will doing nudes hinder my career? Doing/shooting nudes doesn't make someone a whore/pervert.... Even high fashion involves some sort of nudity (be it topless, implied or full nudity). But, only do nudity if you are completely comfortable. No one would/should ever force you into doing something you just aren’t ready to do. You don’t have to do nudity, but outside of the fashion world, it will limit your paid work opportunities. That doesn’t mean that if you aren’t fashion material you have to do porn. There are various outlets that use nudity in a tasteful manner.

For the sake of your career and reputation, DO NOT start an outing thread in ANY of the forums. They always turn into a he-said/ she-said pissing match and they are against the forum rules https://modelmayhem.com/p.php?thread_id=178611. In the end, you will do more damage to yourself than the person you are outing.

Tattoos… They can enhance and also hinder. For non-mainstream models, tattoos aren’t usually a big deal… it’s mostly the preference of the photographer. But, for commercial and fashion models, there is a Customer and you could lose out on a big job if the Customer is adamant on using a non-tattooed model. You really have to think what’s more important…Your tattoo or your potential career.

I know this was already touched on a little, but it is something that needs to be brought up again….. Often times, you will see posts saying, “I'm only 5'0, but I can kill a runway.... The Industry just isn't being fair......” It’s not about being fair or how hard you can rip the runway. Fashion shows are not about the model. Fashion shows are put on to showcase the clothing. There are many factors that go into why taller models are used. This thread, https://modelmayhem.com/p.php?thread_id=112761, explains it in more detail.

I would like to thank, Roger (TXPhotog) for the site www.newmodels.com, UdoR for his runway thread, and TheStitchWitch for her link on proper measurements.

Very well said! I work for a talent agent in Los Angeles, and can verify what has been said here. Since there are many new models, I will gladly be available to assist with advise on this subject:
If you as a models have any questions or are concerned that a photographer, editor, publisher, what ever they claim to be is not on the legit, then first off...your intuitions sometime can be a good sign NOT to work with this person....otherwise, I am available all the time if you want to contact me directly with a question. I can be reached directly in several ways:
A message can be sent to me in the reply box of www.bbrphotography.com-myself or an agent will answer the question as oon as possible.
my personal email address is [email protected]
BBR Photography's phone number is (310) 404-5153, someone will be glad to answer any questions you have, or they can relay a message to me and I will get back to you.

Dec 30 07 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

MLB PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:

Very well said! I work for a talent agent in Los Angeles, and can verify what has been said here. Since there are many new models, I will gladly be available to assist with advise on this subject:
If you as a models have any questions or are concerned that a photographer, editor, publisher, what ever they claim to be is not on the legit, then first off...your intuitions sometime can be a good sign NOT to work with this person....otherwise, I am available all the time if you want to contact me directly with a question. I can be reached directly in several ways:
A message can be sent to me in the reply box of www.bbrphotography.com-myself or an agent will answer the question as oon as possible.
my personal email address is [email protected]
BBR Photography's phone number is (310) 404-5153, someone will be glad to answer any questions you have, or they can relay a message to me and I will get back to you.

What kind of an agent posts in a forum to solicit business?

You see here is another thing. The most difficult aspect of running a modeling agency is recruiting. Every girl in America thinks she is a model. You get calls all day long from people who have no chance of ever getting a modeling job. The one thing that an agency doesn't want to do is to post their phone number so that random people call. You'll get 200 calls for every one  you get from an actual model.

I'll tell you what's wrong with newmodels.com. Their "advice" assumes that because an agency  has gotten a license, they are legitimate, which is far from the case. Many of those guys that call themselves an agency, but really all they do is charge models for really bad pictures have licenses.

One of the biggest scams is warning you about other scams, so you'll assume that the one telling you about the scam is the good guy.

Dec 31 07 06:22 am Link

Photographer

Your Haven wrote:
I am sure you've all seen the trend in this thread already, but I thought I would point it out in case......... ya know...

If it is a "reputable" company, a person claiming to represent a well known photographer and they claim to have found your profile on websites where you can receive messages to an inbox THERE, yet you've been contacted to your direct email- bypassing the site completely, Its more than likely a scam.  I would wager that a legit photographer/agent or company who utilizes reputable sites such as MM or OMP, and has an account on such sites, does not try to email potential models because they are all aware that we are very weary of scams. They also know that our photos are valuable to us, whether we are professionals or not-other wise we would not be seeking work as a model. They are not going to do things that scream SCAM in your face, if they are aware of these scams and do not want to be dismissed. Thats stupid and doesn't make sense.

If they found you on MM, they will contact in that manner because that is what this place is for. ~those who do not, and are not scamming, in my opinion, SHOULD take this into account and start using the sites for what they are made for.

But as someone mentioned earlier, the more important part of an email address is AFTER the "@". To make that more specific and clear.......

IF THEY ARE FROM MAXIM, they aren't going to message you via email, bypassing a legit modeling contact site, with an email address that is from yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc...
these are free and everyone knows you can make up any name you want.
This isn't to say you can't be legit if you have a free account, but if that's your situation, you should just use the websites instead until you're potential model is comfortable and has seen that you are not a joke.
Magazines like Maxim are going to have an email address that uses that name. Most of the photographers, or other model seekers who have a website to showcase their experience generally use the email of their domain.... they are usually provided by the web host and are usually the photographer's preferred contact address.. .because they don't want us to know their whole life story and have access to their information any more than we wish to share ours. If they have a website email, they will avoid contacting you with their personal name and internet access provider provided email....
@sbcglobal.com or whatever it is nowdays would let you know that they subscribe to that service and the address can be traced easily.

and on a NON monetary scam note....... Ive received tons of scams from people who found me on Modsheet.... I am not discrediting the site itself, but I do know that when I began a profile THERE, suddenly google showed the exact profile information on modsheet, malemod.com (im clearly female), and now as of yesterday also on modpost.com........ AND all of my personal information, my location, and my last name even was posted on the profile when I was not logged in. I provided a zip code for the registration, but listed my location for the profile as "NorthEast Texas"... so why does my profile say the exact town associated with my zip code? That information was not supposed to be made public. But it was there.

and anyway, because anyone that wants to can make a free account there without having to provide legit photos or any photos at all, I have recently been contacted by many men who were asking for nude photos for fun.... but also some who claimed that my profile on the site was a bit short and did not contain the images "their client" needs, but "I will need you to email me a full body front, profile, and back, fully nude. A headshot and a topless front will also be required."

There was never mention of sending me funds... there were travel expenses etc, IF I were chosen, but in order to be considered further, I would need to send the requested shots.

sorry but screw that... I have a pay site... you aren't going to get the content for free just because you think I must be really ignorant sense I model artistic nudes.

*****Im glad that MM requires someone to approve your profile based on the images you submit. Its not a cure-all, I know, but its at least a filter. SO thanks to MM for THAT!*****

You sound like the girl who thinks she knows something, like a girl who encounters a guy on match.com who is rich and handsome and figures he simply must be lying.

I am always amused by women who apply for a nude modeing job, but who refuse to send a nude photo. Who the heck is going to hire you for a nude job without first seeing what you look like? Please get a clue girls. While its likely that the guys on a web site like that were not legitimate, there simple IS a requirement to see you nude in advance for consideration for a nude or topless project. I would need to see you in person in most cases, as 2 lbs can make a huge difference and a 6 month old photo can be completely useless in assessing a model's suitability for a project.

A more reasonable conclusion is that, what agency or magazine would hire a girl who has a pay site? Once you get a pay site you are no longer a desirable model. You're just a net-whore.

Dec 31 07 06:45 am Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

This was the casting on MM:

Begins on:
Dec 21, 2007

Data added:
Dec 21, 2007

Casting for:
Female Models

Compensation:
Cash Money

Details:
Hey ladies,

We are looking for lingerie/swimsuit models to be the new face of our website.  The pay for this shoot is $1000 for the whole day. You will also be featured in our first magazine issue, and will be offered other work for the site. Please submit your hottest pictures to [email protected], and put "Hot Mfer Model?" as the subject. We will be choosing the models soon, so don't delay!

Today I received an email and at the bottom was this in small, faint (the text color is lightened):

- Disclaimer: No photographs, images or videos can be accepted unless you are the owner of the photographs, images or videos or own the copyright or have permission fr om the copyright owner for each image submitted MFER LLC. By submitting your photograph/s, images or video you and/or the copyright owner agree to give permission to MFER LLC. to use submitted photographs, images or videos for display on the BadMFer and HotMFer web sites for the casting contest purposes and contest promotion only.
- MFer LLC. and it's properties is not responsible for securing and or checking the copyright to any photographs, video, audio, stories or any other media submitted to MFer LLC. and its properties for display on MFer LLC's web sites, merchandise or marketing. Permission for copyrighted materials is solely the responsibility of the submitter. MFer LLC. can not be held responsible for any items submitted and will remain harmless in any copyright disputes.
- We certainly hope this isn’t the case but If you can not participate because of copyright issues with your photographs please let us know so we can remove your entry.
This is a great opportunity for future work for the up and c om ing HotMfer magazine that will be displayed on news stands and the internet around the world.  We look forward to meet with you here in the near future.
Brian Hawkins
President CEO
MFer LLC

I immediately responded and explicitly stated to REMOVE my photos and information.

I received this response

Thank you for entering the HotMFer contest. Your pictures will be posted ASAP

Jan 01 08 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

RSWPhotographic

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

CandyCaneFL wrote:
I recieved this email and i sent it to Fiona Galley, the editorial assistant at Essentials magazine, who told me that this is a NIGERIAN SCAM and that she has reported it to the Police.

Hello,
   My name is James Smith, i am freelance modelling agent working for essenials magazine in New York recruiting models for Essentials Magazine currently wanting models for a new and special edition of the magazine.I saw your profile and pictues while surfing the internet, I appreciate them and I would like us to do some works together.I presently have good offer for you. I want to know if you are interested in modeling because I need pictures of a good looking person who will be on the magazine cover of one of next month edition.Please let me know if you are interested in the Job. You stand a chance of making reasonable $600 from this deal to start,and even a noticeable fame. Let me know if you are interested  by mailing me in my offer and I would give you further details and you can aswell visit  the website....
www.essentialsmagazine.com
Regards
James Smith..

I got a very similar one for photographers last week myself.  Nicely set up web page for you to go to and everything.  But based in New York with a .UK email address?  I jsut deleted it. Too bad, it was kind of flattering.  hehe
Robert

Jan 02 08 11:33 am Link

Model

Missy Grace

Nottingham, New Hampshire, US

I copied this from person above......

"Hi
      My name is Alexander Thaddeus,you are one of the few people chosen out of the screening exercise performed by modelmayhem for us saying you have got the physical features we need for our catalogue update,I have a pay Fashion job for you if you are interested,My client wants to update her Catalog with her new year release Fashion outfits and i'm interested in you for the professional shooting no nudity, fetish, bondage, escort and other adult cotent stuff.. so if you are interested you can get back to me.

The shooting will hold at a rented photographers studio in your location,so you dont have to worry about travelling,the name and address of the studio will be fowarded to you before the date of the shooting,all make up will be taken cared of in the studio you can come along with any body of your choice on the day of the shooting,your mum,dad,friend,body-guard anybody you wish to come with just for you to feel comfortable .

JOB DETAILS:
You have 12 different Fashion outfits to cover,which would be provided by our client on the day of the shooting and you would be paid the $1200
                                                      MANAGEMENT
                                                   ALEXANDER THADDEUS"

A month ago I got THE SAME email, but different name, whatttya know!? I was skeptical, and now KNOW it's a scam cause he sent me over $8000 in a personal check, whos name on check was not from client at all.  Luckily I used to work at a bank, so I went ahead and deposited it, and im supposed to send him back $6000. I told him I knew it was a scam, but to be sure I told him id wait a month before transferring it.  So of course have not heard back from him.  As a short model, paid work is slim.  It's more of a hobby for me, and living vicariously 'through myself' as a model.  Ill never be tall, but this is the 3rd time ive been scammed, catching them all in the act (the key is to ask loooooots of questions, which they always have an 'excuse' of why they cant provide any references, or why the client isnt contacting me himself.) All this has just discouraged me even more and taking out the fun of modeling.  Im so glad to find this on here!

Jan 12 08 05:06 pm Link

Model

Amythia

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Kelly Lyres MANAGEMENT asked me open a back account so that I could get a credit card so that can pay me faster, after I had mentioned they could use pay pal just as easily.

I found them fishy to begin with because the email is filled with misspelling, and used broken english.  And they never answered ALL the questions I had, because they didn't give me any information other than I get 900 bucks and they work with CG and Maxim and they are currently in Africa shooting...

900 dollars for an ametuer model? I should have not wasted my time and blocked them from the start!  It wasn't until they asked me to create a bank account that I had no more patience left.

EDIT:  It's the exact same as the one above me, just change a few details and name.

My name is Kelly Lyres,you are one of the few people chosen out of the screening exercise performed by modelmayhem for us saying you have got the physical features we need for our catalogue update,I have a pay Fashion job for you if you are interested,My client wants to update her Catalog with her new year release Fashion outfits and i'm interested in you for the professional shooting no nudity, fetish, bondage, escort and other adult cotent stuff.. so if you are interested you can get back to me.
The shooting will hold at a rented photographers studio in your location,so you dont have to worry about travelling,the name and address of the studio will be fowarded to you before the date of the shooting,all make up will be taken cared of in the studio you can come along with any body of your choice on the day of the shooting,your mum,dad,friend,body-guard anybody you wish to come with just for you to feel comfortable .
JOB DETAILS:
You have 12 different Fashion outfits to cover,which would be provided by our client on the day of the shooting and you would be paid the $900
MANAGEMENT
KELLY LYRES

Jan 12 08 06:44 pm Link

Model

LittleRedFairy

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I am new on the forum, and have just receieved this in my inbox. Given that am 5"1, live in Scotland and have only done TFP so far (all of which are detailed on my profile, I was wary of this message.

Felt I should forward it on, but if anyone can clarify that this is geniune (which I doubt0, do let me know.

Thanks.

Hello,

My name is Bennard C. Vera-Cruz, I am here with a great pay fashion job (Assignment) worth 9,500 pounds for you, My client wants to update her Catalogs with her new year release fashion outfits and I'm interested in you for the shooting, I'm a photographer by profession with 4 years experience.Find all details for the job below.

Job Location: The shooting will hold at a rented photographers studio in your location,so you don't have to worry about traveling,the name and address of the studio will be forwarded to you before the date of the shooting,all make up will be taken cared of in the studio.you can come along with any body of your choice on the day of the shooting, your mum,dad,friend,body-guard anybody you wish to come with just for you to feel more comfortable.

Job Details: You have 12 different Fashion outfits to cover, which would be provided by our client on the day of the shooting.

Types of cloths: Jeans and Jackets, Some Material Clothings.
Name of client: Mrs Susane Roberts.

Job Percentage: The total pay for the jobs is 9,500 pounds and you get 3,500 pounds as your percentage.

Expectations: You need to have good and attractive poses (start practicing). Basically this is all required of you, please get in touch with me if you will take the job and we can go from there, i have some of my work if you will like to view i can send 2-3 to you, if you are willing to take the job get in touch with me on the email.

NB:PLEASE ALL CORRESPONDENCE SHOULD GO TO:[email protected]

Regards
Bennard C. Vera-Cruz
[email protected]

Jan 22 08 10:31 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

PhotoStudio 45 wrote:
You sound like the girl who thinks she knows something, like a girl who encounters a guy on match.com who is rich and handsome and figures he simply must be lying.

I am always amused by women who apply for a nude modeing job, but who refuse to send a nude photo. Who the heck is going to hire you for a nude job without first seeing what you look like? Please get a clue girls. While its likely that the guys on a web site like that were not legitimate, there simple IS a requirement to see you nude in advance for consideration for a nude or topless project. I would need to see you in person in most cases, as 2 lbs can make a huge difference and a 6 month old photo can be completely useless in assessing a model's suitability for a project.

A more reasonable conclusion is that, what agency or magazine would hire a girl who has a pay site? Once you get a pay site you are no longer a desirable model. You're just a net-whore.

Wow, I was ready to take everything you were going to say into consideration.... but, you just had to go and be insulting from the beginning.

Jan 22 08 06:44 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

PhotoStudio 45 wrote:

lol

I have rarely had to submit nude photos for nude gigs.  Hell, I started shooting paid nude work before I ever had images to send out.

And magazines use models with pay sites all the time.  Those girls are more willing to appear in the mag for free because they get free advertising for their sit.  Hello!

Jan 22 08 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

Chick Habit

Columbus, Ohio, US

MelissaLynnette LaDiva wrote:
And magazines use models with pay sites all the time.  Those girls are more willing to appear in the mag for free because they get free advertising for their site.  Hello!

Shhh!!!
Do not feed...

Jan 25 08 10:33 am Link

Photographer

jamesdickens

Morro Bay, California, US

great advice!

Jan 26 08 07:29 pm Link

Model

Donna Petra

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Thank You FiFi!! smile

Jan 27 08 12:12 pm Link

Model

W Forever

Atlanta, Georgia, US

cheryllynnh wrote:
BTW thanks Star - that is a very informative site!

I have recently been approached by a model recruiter that works for a company called New Generation Management based in Johannesburg, South Africa. It was for a Gucci ad. Where she saw my pictures was legitimate. She gave me The companies address, her bosses email,name and number. She says that they do'nt have a website yet, because the company is only 8 months old. She rquired a one time fee of $322.00 for legal protection, and administration costs. She said the shoot will take approxitmatly 17 days, and I would be paid 625 dollars a day all food, accomadations and transportation would be taken care of. Below is three of several emails sent to me by her keeping me updated. Do you think this is a scam?

Hi Alvin,my apologies for the delayed response, the national internet provider here has been experiencing technical problems with the internet coming on-and-offline. Anyway I have received your photos and they look great.I will submit them together with about 500 other applications to a panel of judges who will run a filtering process by selecting 200 applicants and later select thefinal 50.So we only need 50 participants to take part in 50 counries worldwide. I will keep you updated, and should you make it to the last 50, We will have to assign a lawyer to protect you in case any disputes arise during or after the photo shoots.Please also take note that GUCCI will be veryadventurerous with this photo shoot, therefore there will be a lot of risk involved.Thus I have stated above that we will assign a lawyer.If you makeit to the last 50 you will be required to pay a once off fee of $382.52 for participation, legal protection and admnistration costs.YOU WILL ONLY NEED TO PAY THIS FEE ONCE YOU HAVE MADE IT TO THE LAST 50. Thank you and feel free to ask any questions if you need more info. Chanelle RaymondsRecruitment Specialist - GUCCI international

Good day Alvin & congratulations! The management of New Generation Recruitz and GUCCI International wouldlike to let you that you have made it to the final 50 participants.This means that you will be featured in one of the GUCCI ad campaigns.The ads will be published around 50 countries and the photo shoots will begin on 12 February 2008 - 29 February 2008. Please not that we will however require you to arrive here in Paris a week prior to the take off of the project so that you can acclamatize your yourself with the environment and the rest of the team. Remuneration This project will take exactly 17 days.On the last day you will be givenyour plane ticket which will be scheduled for 1 March 2008.You will be paid a tax free amount of $625-00 a day.Food,transport and accomodation will be covered by GUCCI International.Upon arrival you will be required to sign the contract. After you pay the participation fee of $322.60(Please disregard theprevious amount, it was my mistake), we will in 48 hours send you yourplane ticket and the name of the person who will collect you from the airport. Our banking Details are as follows:Bank Name - Standard BankAccount No. - 204104181 Branch Name - Malvern Country - South Africa Please use your Name and Surname as a reference. After making the payment, please e-mail me the deposit slip, your fullname & surname, Identification copy, as well as your home and/or postaladdress.Please also send the name of your nearest family member and their contact details and address. Thank you once again and see you in Italy.Chanelle RaymondsSpecialist Recruit - GUCCI International.        -------------------------------------------South Africas premier free email service - www.webmail.co.za

Hi & thank you for your reply Alvin. I really understand what you mean.With so much internet fraud, its not that easy to trust anyone.But anyway, I assure you that, although we are still fairly new(8 months old), we are a legitimate company based in South Africa.Our company name is New Generation Recruitz,Our address is no.5221A, The office Park, Johannesburg, South Africa - Zip Code 2096 Manager Contact No.+2783 695 8310 Manager's name is Roland De Abreu or You can email him on [email protected] do not have a website yet but weare in the process of building one. So I think by March or the latest April we should have one. Thank you and please feel free to ask any questions. Chanelle Raymonds Recruitment Specialist - GUCCI International

What do you think?

Jan 27 08 02:51 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Alvin West wrote:

I have recently been approached by a model recruiter that works for a company called New Generation Management based in Johannesburg, South Africa. It was for a Gucci ad. Where she saw my pictures was legitimate. She gave me The companies address, her bosses email,name and number. She says that they do'nt have a website yet, because the company is only 8 months old. She rquired a one time fee of $322.00 for legal protection, and administration costs. She said the shoot will take approxitmatly 17 days, and I would be paid 625 dollars a day all food, accomadations and transportation would be taken care of. Below is three of several emails sent to me by her keeping me updated. Do you think this is a scam?

Hi Alvin,my apologies for the delayed response, the national internet provider here has been experiencing technical problems with the internet coming on-and-offline. Anyway I have received your photos and they look great.I will submit them together with about 500 other applications to a panel of judges who will run a filtering process by selecting 200 applicants and later select thefinal 50.So we only need 50 participants to take part in 50 counries worldwide. I will keep you updated, and should you make it to the last 50, We will have to assign a lawyer to protect you in case any disputes arise during or after the photo shoots.Please also take note that GUCCI will be veryadventurerous with this photo shoot, therefore there will be a lot of risk involved.Thus I have stated above that we will assign a lawyer.If you makeit to the last 50 you will be required to pay a once off fee of $382.52 for participation, legal protection and admnistration costs.YOU WILL ONLY NEED TO PAY THIS FEE ONCE YOU HAVE MADE IT TO THE LAST 50. Thank you and feel free to ask any questions if you need more info. Chanelle RaymondsRecruitment Specialist - GUCCI international

Good day Alvin & congratulations! The management of New Generation Recruitz and GUCCI International wouldlike to let you that you have made it to the final 50 participants.This means that you will be featured in one of the GUCCI ad campaigns.The ads will be published around 50 countries and the photo shoots will begin on 12 February 2008 - 29 February 2008. Please not that we will however require you to arrive here in Paris a week prior to the take off of the project so that you can acclamatize your yourself with the environment and the rest of the team. Remuneration This project will take exactly 17 days.On the last day you will be givenyour plane ticket which will be scheduled for 1 March 2008.You will be paid a tax free amount of $625-00 a day.Food,transport and accomodation will be covered by GUCCI International.Upon arrival you will be required to sign the contract. After you pay the participation fee of $322.60(Please disregard theprevious amount, it was my mistake), we will in 48 hours send you yourplane ticket and the name of the person who will collect you from the airport. Our banking Details are as follows:Bank Name - Standard BankAccount No. - 204104181 Branch Name - Malvern Country - South Africa Please use your Name and Surname as a reference. After making the payment, please e-mail me the deposit slip, your fullname & surname, Identification copy, as well as your home and/or postaladdress.Please also send the name of your nearest family member and their contact details and address. Thank you once again and see you in Italy.Chanelle RaymondsSpecialist Recruit - GUCCI International.        -------------------------------------------South Africas premier free email service - www.webmail.co.za

Hi & thank you for your reply Alvin. I really understand what you mean.With so much internet fraud, its not that easy to trust anyone.But anyway, I assure you that, although we are still fairly new(8 months old), we are a legitimate company based in South Africa.Our company name is New Generation Recruitz,Our address is no.5221A, The office Park, Johannesburg, South Africa - Zip Code 2096 Manager Contact No.+2783 695 8310 Manager's name is Roland De Abreu or You can email him on [email protected] do not have a website yet but weare in the process of building one. So I think by March or the latest April we should have one. Thank you and please feel free to ask any questions. Chanelle Raymonds Recruitment Specialist - GUCCI International

What do you think?

Considering this is never how models are booked for shows... it is a scam.

Jan 27 08 03:06 pm Link

Model

W Forever

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Fifi-Alexis wrote:

Considering this is never how models are booked for shows... it is a scam.

I do'nt really belong to agency. The website she saw my photos is for african American male models that only allows us to be contacted by email.

Jan 27 08 06:17 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Alvin West wrote:

I do'nt really belong to agency. The website she saw my photos is for african American male models that only allows us to be contacted by email.

Exactly..... most of the models you will see in these big shows are agency booked.

Jan 27 08 06:25 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

bumping

Mar 18 08 09:56 am Link

Model

Yvette Fintland

Reno, Nevada, US

First, I want to thank all of you for participating in the fight against scams. I receive so many scams on a weekly basis that I decided long ago to start posting them so that other models can be aware of them. If the scammer uses a website (company name) in the scam email. I will contact the owner of the website or company custmer service to let them know. I then send the full header of the email so that they can also do their part in stopping the scammer. I do this to confirm the scam and also because usually the business owners that the scammer is using their information is not aware of it. Believe me, they are very happy to hear about it so they can help fight the scammer.

I also think it's great that many of you have posted links to look up scams. I would like to let you all know that if you or someone you know have been scammed, you can report it to the FBI at the following Internet address: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Their website will also warn the public of scams being reported to them. You must have a copy of the email, full header and details of scam. If you did not get scammed but want to report a possible scam. You should blog it or report it in threads like here at MM. DO NOT waist your time in reporting something to the police or the ic3.gov site if you were not a VICTIM of a scam. It will just get tossed out because they get 1000's of reports and it will take them longer to get to the real issues from people that got scammed.   

Below is just one scammers emails out of many I receive. I will do my share in posting for everyone in the Industry to read up.

Here are two scam emails I just received:
Subject: Modeling Pay offer....

Hi
My name is johnson miller , am a photographer and  freelance model agent.I saw
your head shot on model mayhem..SO GREAT AND AWESOME. We are looking for
T-Shirt models. Warpshirt.com is the latest and greatest t-shirt site on the web
The Pay is good and can be Residual if the job is done right.
We do not do any (Nudity,Lingerie,Undergarments,Diaper,Tub or Toilet)
Photography or any work affiliated with Adult Content.

Shoot Details.

*Female and Male Models Wanted.
*Absolutely No Nudity.
*Model will be wearing our T-shirts.
*Model will be paid a total sum of $1700 for this project and No travel is
involved.
If you think that you have the look,
please contact me directly
via .. official email

[email protected]
Models will be
used to display products
for our website, catalog, etc..We are
looking for all types of models.
Please visit us at www.warpshirt.com to confirm our products and then get back
to our freelance model agent on
[email protected]
JOB DETAILS:
You have 12 different Fashion outfits to cover, which would be provided by
our client on the day of the shooting and you would be paid the $1700
Management...
miller johnson
N.B...You can only contact me via my official mail box and not from my
website...
[email protected]

To see how far the scammer is willing to go, I responded and here is the second email I received:
Subject: Shooting details

Thanks for your fast response the Job is Urgent probably in a months it all
depend on the studio agent so you have still got much time to prepare for it,we
would be handling the wardrobe and MUA,no nudity, fetish,bondage, escort and
other adult content stuff as i stated earlier on.We are trying to sort out most
things so we can send you details to GQ and MAXIM magazine for preview cause we
work in collaboration with them so if you are interested get back to me today
with your details to include full name,address and phone number or your pay pal
account so that i we can arrange your part payment for you to be rest
assured($400).The part payment would be mailed directly to you alongside the
studio fee and immediately you have it i will instruct you and give you the
studio agents name you are to send the studio rental fee to.Then you will be
paid the balance immediately after the shooting, I hope this is quite
clear.Please I'd like you to check your email
on a regular basis, i might have updates for you
MANAGEMENT.
miller johnson
N.B...You can only contact me via my official mail box and not from my
website and also let me know if you have a pay pal account or wells fargo account  so that we can
arrange for you part payment as soon as possible and if you do not have any of the following please do get back to me with your full name and address for certified check payment ...

[email protected]

Oct 22 08 04:10 pm Link

Model

Yvette Fintland

Reno, Nevada, US

Follow up from the company www.warptshirt.com. The following is an email I sent to the company to let them know about the scam.

Yvette Fintland wrote:

Hello warpshirt.com,

I am writing in regards to a paid job offer from a Johnson Miller. Would like to know if anyone is familiar with Johnson Miller recruiting models for warpshirt.com. I have included the email sent to me from Mr. Miller below. Because I get so many scam emails through some of my sites, I am simply taking precaution and following up with some refferences.

Thank you,
Yvette Fintland

Here is the companies response:

Thank you for your email.  No, we are not familiar with Johnson Miller.  This is indeed a scam, we have no individuals who recruit for us.  Did you receive any other information from Miller.  If so, please let us know as we will investigate the matter fully.

We apologize that somebody has contacted you under false premises.

Thank You,

Warpshirt.com

Oct 22 08 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

name changed

New York, New York, US

We just received this email from models in MIami last week...it could be helpful to you guys!

http://frontmanagement.blogspot.com/

Jan 01 09 02:34 pm Link