Forums > Photography Talk > When it comes to taking pictures...

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

...do you just click a whole bunch of times and finish the shoot with 500+ images, or do you take your time, pay attention to details, make it perfect, and then shoot a couple, winding up with 100 or so images?

Curious minds want to know. big_smile

Nov 28 05 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan123

Arlington, Virginia, US

This thread was started a couple of weeks ago.  I personally try to shoot a roll of 36 exposures during one sitting.

Nov 28 05 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Is it just me or does it sound like that question exhibits a bias?

But check this thread:  https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=16496

Nov 28 05 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Sorry about that. Didn't see one. Thanks for the reply anyways. smile

Edit: Nah, no bias, both get great results, I was just wondering.

Nov 28 05 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

Harrison Sweazea

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

I take a lot of images, but I try to make each one count. A two-hour shoot sometimes produces 100-200 shots digital.

Nov 28 05 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

BCADULTART

Boston, Massachusetts, US

When shooting digital, I stop often and review the images.  Sometimes I will go back to a setup (after making changes) and shoot more.  If I finish a shoot with
300 images and after editing, I have 10 great frames (in my opinion) I am happy with the shoot.

Back in the days of shooting chrome film for clients I would shoot 10 to 20 rolls of slide film and a couple of double packs of Polaroid to get one image that would appear as a full-page in a annual report.  Keep in mind that AD's like to have film to edit.  On digital I save all original images, then do an edit file.

Nov 28 05 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

Robert_Darabos

Saginaw, Michigan, US

if i shoot digital, between 100 and 300 shots.
if shooting film, at least 1 or 2 rolls, never more than 3 rolls though.

no slam against anyone, but i would think that if you have to shoot 20 roll sof chromes in order to get a good shot, you're doin gsomething wrong.

Nov 28 05 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Glen Berry

Huntington, West Virginia, US

Harrison Sweazea wrote:
I take a lot of images, but I try to make each one count. A two-hour shoot sometimes produces 100-200 shots digital.

Out of the 100-200 images you shoot, how many distinctively different, very high quality shots do you think you might end up with? I'm curious.

thanks,
Glen

Nov 28 05 04:24 pm Link