Forums > General Industry > Shady photographers...

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by Marguerite: 
All that I was asking with this post is how to weed out "Shady Photographers" from real ones. And so called talent scouts? What are some good questions to ask. And yes I was offened by someone saying that I am not what my profile says. No in some of the pictures I was not but now I am. I work very hard to retain  my figure, and size. I work out, control my diet. And what I meant by legit photographers is they say one thing and are/do another. It seems like any guy/girl with a $500. camera can call themselves a photographer. How can I weed these amatures out from true photographers with a passion for what they do. Thank you for your understanding. Best reguards!

Indpendent from experience level and how long they are in the industry, I think that you should judge from their photos ... basically the RESULTS of what they are doing.

There are people 20 years in the business, who know all about every single technicality of the craft, but their photos don't "talk" to you. There maybe a newbie, that just started out 2 years ago, but is gifted and is just getting into a professional level, whose pictures simply blow you away.

So, IMHO, you should make a decision on which photographer you are working with, based on his/her style and if the endproduct is appealing to you.

May 26 05 10:16 am Link