This thread was locked on 2013-11-06 22:43:06
Forums > Model Colloquy > How much do you make.....? Playboy

Photographer

Photos Etc

Lenoir, North Carolina, US

Just curious for the models that have shot for playboy...How much did you make from the photo shoot or calendar or any prints that playboy uses?  Just curious on what they are paying...

Sep 30 07 05:13 am Link

Model

Lady Emily

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I haven't shot with them but it doesn't pay that much. Playmate pays 25, 000 but it's really hard to get.
I don't have any exact figures because I haven't shot with them before... but I heard it's a few hundred dollars for the day.

Sep 30 07 05:24 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Typically $500 for a day shoot, although for some special applications and video use I have seen fees as high as $1,500.  The centerfold and celebrities get a lot more, of course.

Sep 30 07 10:04 am Link

Photographer

TheNormGallerys

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Photos Etc wrote:
Just curious for the models that have shot for playboy...How much did you make from the photo shoot or calendar or any prints that playboy uses?  Just curious on what they are paying...

Passed payments received from PB Inc.

Centerfold = $14,000.00 + personal appearance contract moneys.
Special Edition publications = $650.00 to $1500.00 per publication.
PB Inc. CyberClub web-sites = $650.00 to $750.00 per publication.

Sep 30 07 10:31 am Link

Model

Viktoria

Bethpage, New York, US

TXPhotog wrote:
Typically $500 for a day shoot, although for some special applications and video use I have seen fees as high as $1,500.  The centerfold and celebrities get a lot more, of course.

Thats all?  A crappy catalog job pays better. I thought those girls made like 10 k a shoot...

Sep 30 07 07:58 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Angel Photos

Heath, Ohio, US

Also if you get accent as a Playboy you can only be shot by their photographers and no other.

Sep 30 07 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Angel Photos

Heath, Ohio, US

Darkangel6875 wrote:
Also if you get accent as a Playboy you can only be shot by their photographers and no other.

sorry thats except. lol

Sep 30 07 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

I've read that the "Women Of..." features get paid around $25.00.

Sep 30 07 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

A Traveler

San Francisco, California, US

when I modeled for them they only payed me $1.32. Something about my boobs being too small.

Sep 30 07 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

Nick Zantop wrote:
when I modeled for them they only payed me $1.32. Something about my boobs being too small.

Your self portrait is gone... *cries*

Sep 30 07 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

A Traveler

Iris Swope wrote:

Your self portrait is gone... *cries*

which one & from where?

Sep 30 07 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

TXPhotog wrote:

Viktoria wrote:
Thats all?  A crappy catalog job pays better. I thought those girls made like 10 k a shoot...

Not the ones I've booked with them.

Alan from Avian Productions books with them quite a bit.  I'm sure he has more current information than I do.  Perhaps he will answer the question.

Sep 30 07 08:17 pm Link

Model

Viktoria

Bethpage, New York, US

TXPhotog wrote:

TXPhotog wrote:

Not the ones I've booked with them.

Alan from Avian Productions books with them quite a bit.  I'm sure he has more current information than I do.  Perhaps he will answer the question.

Well, when i did the promo job for them they paid $100 an hour... at least to the fashion models.  The glamour models left without having their vouchers signed, so i guess they have perhaps some kind of an agreement.  But I can't imagine they would have gotten less than us, because they actually were playboy models...

Sep 30 07 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Lily of the Valley

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Viktoria wrote:

amusing isn't it?? smile

Sep 30 07 08:22 pm Link

Model

Viktoria

Bethpage, New York, US

Phil Haley wrote:

amusing isn't it?? smile

i just think its amazing so many people WANT to be in playboy and they are so poorly paid.  perhaps its like being in vogue, it pays like crap but then opens you job to major campaigns which certainly pay much better....

Sep 30 07 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

A Traveler

Viktoria wrote:

i just think its amazing so many people WANT to be in playboy and they are so poorly paid.  perhaps its like being in vogue, it pays like crap but then opens you job to major campaigns which certainly pay much better....

I wonder, what sort of campaigns might someone who poses in Playboy be offered? No sarcasm, just genuinely curious.

Sep 30 07 08:25 pm Link

Model

Viktoria

Bethpage, New York, US

Nick Zantop wrote:

I wonder, what sort of campaigns might someone who poses in Playboy be offered? No sarcasm, just genuinely curious.

lol, no, i meant whatever the equivalent of campaigns for a glamour model might be. like a calendar or something... i don't know what that is, but something that pays a lot....

Sep 30 07 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Athearn

Boulder, Colorado, US

And just think, a newbie with no experience, no photos, and no talent wants at least $100 an hour. I guess that model won't be shooting with Playboy--they don't pay enough!

Sep 30 07 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Viktoria wrote:

Understand, "be in Playboy" means two very different things.  One is to be in it in a non-featured way, such as one girl with one photo.  Examples would be the grapevine section or the "Girls Of . . ." features.  That doesn't pay much.  Being in a multipage spread can pay a lot more, but that's very  hard to get.

The other meaning models have is to be hired for a publication that carries the Playboy name, such as the Newsstand Specials.  Those also don't pay much, but the model ever after gets to (and inevitably does, as long as she stays in the glamour business) call herself "a Playboy model".

Sep 30 07 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Viktoria wrote:
lol, no, i meant whatever the equivalent of campaigns for a glamour model might be. like a calendar or something... i don't know what that is, but something that pays a lot....

I don't know what the rates for a high end calendar like the Pirelli calendar are.  That could well be pretty high.  But it's also very exceptional.

Sep 30 07 08:31 pm Link

Model

Viktoria

Bethpage, New York, US

TXPhotog wrote:

Understand, "be in Playboy" means two very different things.  One is to be in it in a non-featured way, such as one girl with one photo.  Examples would be the grapevine section or the "Girls Of . . ." features.  That doesn't pay much.  Being in a multipage spread can pay a lot more, but that's very  hard to get.

The other meaning models have is to be hired for a publication that carries the Playboy name, such as the Newsstand Specials.  Those also don't pay much, but the model ever after gets to (and inevitably does, as long as she stays in the glamour business) call herself "a Playboy model".

i don't subscribe to playboy, but i did look at a copy when i was doing the promo for them (they had them everywhere, and there was nothing else to do), I only saw the nekkid chick in the middle of the magazine, i didn't know there were other girls in there.

Sep 30 07 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Haick

Richmond, California, US

Viktoria wrote:

They do, it differs. Well known people, celebs and so on get much more than the hot girl next door. The more likely you are to sell a magazine, the more you make. For example, about 10 years ago, a wrestling personality reportedly got about $25k to do be the centerfold. That issue was the best selling issue of playboy ever. So, they asked her back and paid mid to high 6 figures. That issues outsold the first. So, they asked her back and supposedly gave her a million dollars.

Pamela Anderson probably gets those 6 and 7 figure deals. The Wal-mart girls are probably getting $10k-$20k.

Sep 30 07 08:34 pm Link

Model

Viktoria

Bethpage, New York, US

Richard Haick wrote:
Pamela Anderson probably gets those 6 and 7 figure deals. The Wal-mart girls are probably getting $10k-$20k.

the wal mart girls?
lol smile
wal mart workers pose for playboy???

Sep 30 07 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Haick

Richmond, California, US

Richard Haick wrote:

They do, it differs. Well known people, celebs and so on get much more than the hot girl next door. The more likely you are to sell a magazine, the more you make. For example, about 10 years ago, a wrestling personality reportedly got about $25k to do be the centerfold. That issue was the best selling issue of playboy ever. So, they asked her back and paid mid to high 6 figures. That issues outsold the first. So, they asked her back and supposedly gave her a million dollars.

That's for centerfold gils, by the way. The little stuff and side jobs make much, much less.

Sep 30 07 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

MannyA

Miami, Florida, US

Darkangel6875 wrote:

sorry thats except. lol

no it's accept

Sep 30 07 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Haick

Richmond, California, US

Viktoria wrote:

the wal mart girls?
lol smile
wal mart workers pose for playboy???

Yeah, there's an issue of just Wal-mart girls. They do it all the time. They get girls from big companies to do the shoots. I think they've even done Starbucks and McDonald's girls.

Sep 30 07 08:37 pm Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

The Women of Walmart?   I've heard of it...

An above poster said the "Women of..." Get $25 ??

Sep 30 07 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

joe duerr

Santa Ana, California, US

Darkangel6875 wrote:

sorry thats except. lol

Sorry, No that still makes no sense. I think you mean accepted and not as a Playboy but as a Playmate. I may be wrong because I'm really not sure what you are trying to say...

Sep 30 07 08:39 pm Link

Model

Viktoria

Bethpage, New York, US

Richard Haick wrote:

Yeah, there's an issue of just Wal-mart girls. They do it all the time. They get girls from big companies to do the shoots. I think they've even done Starbucks and McDonald's girls.

oh my god, for real?  they need to do the girls of mayhem!  we've got some hot girls on here... it would be cool smile

Sep 30 07 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

Viktoria wrote:

oh my god, for real?  they need to do the girls of mayhem!  we've got some hot girls on here... it would be cool smile

lol, they did a  Girls of Myspace.

Sep 30 07 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

retphoto

Sunbury, Pennsylvania, US

it would be nice to have HARD fact on what Playboy does pay, so some of us photographers could show to all the "WANNABIES" who think just because they're showing some skin they're going to make big bucks.

Sep 30 07 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

ThisYearsModel

Phoenix, Arizona, US

it's $500 a day for anything but a centerfold or some special pictorial like 'Girls of 7-11'.

why bag on Playboy though when there are hundreds of girls on here and OMP who have done or dream of being in Maxim and FHM and receive no payment at all.  Of course there's the exposure - which along with a dollar will buy a can of Pepsi. "weeeeeeeeee - look at meeeeeeeeeeeee- I'm a li'l slut hot date in FHM! I'm so much better and classier than those nude hoebags."

Idiots.

Sep 30 07 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

ThisYearsModel wrote:
Of course there's the exposure - which along with a dollar will buy a can of Pepsi. "weeeeeeeeee - look at meeeeeeeeeeeee- I'm a li'l slut hot date in FHM! I'm so much better and classier than those nude hoebags."

Idiots.

What?

Sep 30 07 08:49 pm Link

Model

Viktoria

Bethpage, New York, US

ThisYearsModel wrote:
it's $500 a day for anything but a centerfold or some special pictorial like 'Girls of 7-11'.

why bag on Playboy though when there are hundreds of girls on here and OMP who have done or dream of being in Maxim and FHM and receive no payment at all.  Of course there's the exposure - which along with a dollar will buy a can of Pepsi. "weeeeeeeeee - look at meeeeeeeeeeeee- I'm a li'l slut hot date in FHM! I'm so much better and classier than those nude hoebags."

Idiots.

um... are you angry?

Sep 30 07 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

GAETANO CATELLI STUDIOS

Oxford, Mississippi, US

ThisYearsModel wrote:

Idiots.

troll.

Sep 30 07 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

yourphotographer

Chicago, Illinois, US

retphoto wrote:
it would be nice to have HARD fact on what Playboy does pay, so some of us photographers could show to all the "WANNABIES" who think just because they're showing some skin they're going to make big bucks.

You can call Corporate in Chicago. Playmates get paid 25 thousand. Playmate of the Year gets paid 250 thousand.

Special Editions pays 250 dollars to the model and the freelance photographer is paid 400 dollars. If the model does make it as a Playmate, there is potential for a photographer to receive a finders fee, but Playboy does not promise this.

Special Editions is a good way to enter into Playboy. If selected, a model will be reviewed by other Editors for potential use. Playboy has many ventures including modeling their line of clothing.

Before any model starts to hop aboard the train for submissions to Special Editions, take a look at who they accept.

Sep 30 07 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

A Traveler

ThisYearsModel wrote:

Idiots.

did you sit on a thumbtack?

Sep 30 07 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

yourphotographer

Chicago, Illinois, US

GAETANO CATELLI STUDIOS wrote:

troll.

Maxim doesn't pay the model, but does pay 500 dollars to the photographer if the do print the picture. They offer a quarter page for the right picture. Very difficult to get accepted.

Celebrities that do shoot for Playboy are paid in the million dollar figure and not the 6 figure.

Sep 30 07 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Taxes are taken out of the Playmates fees.
It is not paid in one lump sum, but rather in many small payments.

Also . . . don't forget the contract that Playmates have to sign stating that they can't have their own websites or model for anyone without PB's permission for at least 2 years after the date of publication . . . . not a very good deal if you ask me . . . . . and I shot centerfolds for them for 11 years.

KM

Sep 30 07 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

MurphyMurphy Studios

Denver, Colorado, US

Viktoria wrote:

The reason why they CAN pay very little is because there ARE so MANY woman wanting to be in the mag (or web).

Supply and Demand.

Just for fun, how much does a full editorial spread in a major fashion mag pay a fashion model?  I don't think that it pays well at all, does it?

Sep 30 07 09:08 pm Link