Forums > Travel Notices > bondage road trip

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Tanya Weaver wrote:

Yeah for Brains! Please keep me updated! If there is promise in NYC, I may have to figure it out! And exactly why cant I sit on your lap?

Well if you really WANNA  wink

Oct 10 07 01:51 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

That's ridiculous. You don't have to drive all of it. I'm a professional driver, I can most certainly help out.

Do you just sit around and think of ways to make me happy, Elizabeth? I mean, really.

Oct 10 07 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Miss Anna Vaughn wrote:

I vote for hybrid to save on gas expenses.

I'm bringing my cd's, which I know James will like...the rest of you can suffer through m obsession with weird music!

Okay, I was kidding. I'll be nice.

The hybrid *IF* I can afford it by then.
If not, my van gets OK mileage AND it has tons of room.
As for music, I'll have the laptop jacked in to the vehicle's sound system & I can play DJ.
You know *MY* tastes are eclectic enough that I can take requests for the whole trip & not play the same song twice.

Oct 10 07 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

That's ridiculous. You don't have to drive all of it. I'm a professional driver, I can most certainly help out.

Renee can drive at a pace that defies physics.  Letting her drive will probably save DAYS on the trip.

Oct 10 07 01:54 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

SLE Photography wrote:

The hybrid *IF* I can afford it by then.
If not, my van gets OK mileage AND it has tons of room.
As for music, I'll have the laptop jacked in to the vehicle's sound system & I can play DJ.
You know *MY* tastes are eclectic enough that I can take requests for the whole trip & not play the same song twice.

Can we give you a DJ name?

Oct 10 07 01:55 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

SLE Photography wrote:

Renee can drive at a pace that defies physics.  Letting her drive will probably save DAYS on the trip.

You've obviously never seen me drive.

Oct 10 07 01:56 pm Link

Model

The Original Sin

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

It's a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. Looks like this, only grey and with a tonneau cover.

https://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s231/anastosmotors-wi/dodgeram1500truck4x4quadcab_3.jpg

Very easy to drive, very comfortable, lots of storage, terrible mileage. But I love my baby!

THAT I can not only drive but steal.  I love my big ol' Dodges.

James, I should have my laptop up and running by then as well, one way or another.

I have video camera, extra batteries and plenty of tapes for doing some mundane roadtrip documentary.

I have tents and sleeping bags in case we end up with a flat and/or a night we're short crash space.

Anna: bet mine is just as weird as yours- I'm eclectic as hell.

Also, I have access to a mini-fridge that is designed for semis and can be plugged into an AC adapter in any vehicle.  Cold drinks are a necessity.

As of right now, I have only two weeks I can be along- but I'm looking into having that fixed.  Discovered that I can send the two oldest to sleepaway camp for a couple weeks for a reasonable price- they'll love that.

Oct 10 07 01:56 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

Renee Blaine wrote:

James, I should have my laptop up and running by then as well, one way or another.

I have video camera, extra batteries and plenty of tapes for doing some mundane roadtrip documentary.

I have tents and sleeping bags in case we end up with a flat and/or a night we're short crash space.

Also, I have access to a mini-fridge that is designed for semis and can be plugged into an AC adapter in any vehicle.  Cold drinks are a necessity.

As of right now, I have only two weeks I can be along- but I'm looking into having that fixed.  Discovered that I can send the two oldest to sleepaway camp for a couple weeks for a reasonable price- they'll love that.

Obviously, I have excellent taste in partners in crime!

Oct 10 07 01:58 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

You can steal my truck only if you steal the payments for it as well. She's loud as well, dual flowmaster exhaust, like, 6 inch pipes......I love my truck so much.

Oct 10 07 01:58 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Miss Anna Vaughn wrote:

Obviously, I have excellent taste in partners in crime!

That's it, you're moving in with me. Leave everything behind in boring old Ohio, come live with me and the boys.

Oct 10 07 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

You've obviously never seen me drive.

That's scary.
The whole trip might actually take LESS than a week if we create a time warp.

That should make the bookings entertaining to organize...

Oct 10 07 02:04 pm Link

Model

The Original Sin

Louisville, Kentucky, US

SLE Photography wrote:

That's scary.
The whole trip might actually take LESS than a week if we create a time warp.

That should make the bookings entertaining to organize...

I once drove from Clearfield, PA, to Monticello, FL in under 18 hours, including the three one hour breaks for food and mandatory child care and restroom breaks..

I'll let you google the mileage.

Oct 10 07 02:07 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

I made it from Mcguire AFB to Philly airport in about twenty minutes once. It's normally about a 45 minute drive.

That's when I was taking my exhusband to the airport to send him home to his parents so I could salvage my life.

Oct 10 07 02:08 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Renee Blaine wrote:

I once drove from Clearfield, PA, to Monticello, FL in under 18 hours, including the three one hour breaks for food and mandatory child care and restroom breaks..

I'll let you google the mileage.

big_smile Monterey, CA to Ft Leonard Wood, MO. Two and a half days driving about 14 hours a day

Oct 10 07 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Renee Blaine wrote:

2 laptops & 2 internet capable phones will be a big help.
I'll have the webcam and my small camera does low res video in mpeg format, an extra vidcam would be nice but converting from tape sucks.
Tents & bags sound great...I'm not expecting everyone to offer us places to crash (and Tanya, we have other friends in the ATL, we weren't expecting to impose on you).
Between the pile of us, there should be much musical choice.
The mini fridge is a nice idea, but space & power usage will be a consideration.  A cooler & ice might be easier.
A whole month might be stretching it, right now total DRIVING time is aprox. 1 week, so realistically we could do this in about 2.  Otherwise it might have to happen in segments.

We'll get it all worked out  wink

Oct 10 07 02:09 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Oh yeah, I can bring my laptop as well. Forgot about that.

Oct 10 07 02:10 pm Link

Model

The Original Sin

Louisville, Kentucky, US

SLE Photography wrote:

2 laptops & 2 internet capable phones will be a big help.
I'll have the webcam and my small camera does low res video in mpeg format, an extra vidcam would be nice but converting from tape sucks.
Tents & bags sound great...I'm not expecting everyone to offer us places to crash (and Tanya, we have other friends in the ATL, we weren't expecting to impose on you).
Between the pile of us, there should be much musical choice.
The mini fridge is a nice idea, but space & power usage will be a consideration.  A cooler & ice might be easier.
A whole month might be stretching it, right now total DRIVING time is aprox. 1 week, so realistically we could do this in about 2.  Otherwise it might have to happen in segments.

We'll get it all worked out  wink

I'm sure- we didn't skimp on planning time!

Oct 10 07 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

big_smile Monterey, CA to Ft Leonard Wood, MO. Two and a half days driving about 14 hours a day

I made this run in right about 1 hour one time.

Oct 10 07 02:11 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

SLE Photography wrote:

There's so many factors though, traffic, mainly, cops, vehicle performance. I can't weave in my truck like I could in my Saturn.

Oct 10 07 02:13 pm Link

Model

The Original Sin

Louisville, Kentucky, US

SLE Photography wrote:

Having been in the vehicle with you driving, I am not in the least bit surprised.

Oct 10 07 02:15 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

Y'all aren't going to like me driving at all. I hate driving faster than 65 or so.

Oct 10 07 02:15 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Miss Anna Vaughn wrote:
Y'all aren't going to like me driving at all. I hate driving faster than 65 or so.

You're not driving then. You keep us happy with snacks, drinks, and smokes. Another good point, am I the only person who smokes?

Oct 10 07 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Renee Blaine wrote:

Having been in the vehicle with you driving, I am not in the least bit surprised.

I wasn't typing back then LOL

Oct 10 07 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Miss Anna Vaughn wrote:

We can blindfold you if necessary.  That should make for fun live video.

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

You're not driving then. You keep us happy with snacks, drinks, and smokes. Another good point, am I the only person who smokes?

You probably will be by then. I'm quitting in order to extend my career, and Renee recently quit, as well.

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

No smoking in the car.
It would make me extremely ill.

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

SLE Photography wrote:

We can blindfold you if necessary.  That should make for fun live video.

Blindfolds? Rawr.

Oct 10 07 02:19 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

(sigh) It's okay, I'm working on quitting, I'm just not very dedicated about it. I'm down to smoking maybe two cigarettes a day. I can go without smoking if need be. I don't want to make anyone sick.

Oct 10 07 02:20 pm Link

Model

The Original Sin

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

Yes and no.

I've actually done very well and mostly quit- but if I absolutely cannot stand another second without a smoke, I'll light up, smoke half, and toss it.

But on road trips, I generally make a pack of cloves stretch a week.

Oct 10 07 02:20 pm Link

Model

The Original Sin

Louisville, Kentucky, US

SLE Photography wrote:

No smoking in the car.

Noted and understood.  No smoking around James!

Oct 10 07 02:21 pm Link

Model

-Jen-

Howell, Michigan, US

Miss Anna Vaughn wrote:

Can we give you a DJ name?

DJ buttlover.

LMAO

Oct 10 07 02:24 pm Link

Model

Tanya Weaver

Atlanta, Georgia, US

SLE Photography wrote:

No smoking in the car.

Ditto- not in the car. Too enclosed! Public/open spaces I dont care.

Oct 10 07 02:24 pm Link

Model

-Jen-

Howell, Michigan, US

*cough* stop to see me?

I'll feed ya. wink

Oct 10 07 02:26 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

Jen_T wrote:

DJ buttlover.

LMAO

Lawlz.

I'm actually liking DJ Nitrate for some reason.

Oct 10 07 02:27 pm Link

Model

The Original Sin

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Miss Anna Vaughn wrote:

Lawlz.

I'm actually liking DJ Nitrate for some reason.

As in the Fertilizer?

Oct 10 07 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:
(sigh) It's okay, I'm working on quitting, I'm just not very dedicated about it. I'm down to smoking maybe two cigarettes a day. I can go without smoking if need be. I don't want to make anyone sick.

If you ladies need to smoke at a rest stop or whatever it's fine.  But concentrated in the car would give me allergy & asthma attacks like whoa.
Renee, if you remember, I had to take pills before we went tot he club the night of your first suspension to make it through a few hours in the smoke there.

Oct 10 07 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Jen_T wrote:
*cough* stop to see me?

I'll feed ya. wink

Well, we'll be in Michigan, lemme see where you fit on the map  wink

Oct 10 07 02:32 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

SLE Photography wrote:

If you ladies need to smoke at a rest stop or whatever it's fine.  But concentrated in the car would give me allergy & asthma attacks like whoa.
Renee, if you remember, I had to take pills before we went tot he club the night of your first suspension to make it through a few hours in the smoke there.

Seriously, if we hit traffic, and we're just sitting there, I will get out of the truck/suv/car and walk alongside the vehicle and smoke, because it's the only way I can keep from going off roading in the median.

Oct 10 07 02:32 pm Link

Model

The Original Sin

Louisville, Kentucky, US

SLE Photography wrote:

Darling, I was asleep, remember?

Oct 10 07 02:35 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Renee Blaine wrote:

Darling, I was asleep, remember?

At a club? Wow, sounds boring.

Oct 10 07 02:35 pm Link