Forums > Critique > I'll critique as if considering shooting you

Model

DELEAT3D

me please?

Oct 28 07 09:27 pm Link

Model

Alex N

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

As long as outright insults aren't involved I'm game.

Oct 28 07 09:30 pm Link

Model

Disko Love

Modesto, California, US

critique me.  Insult me.

Oct 28 07 10:14 pm Link

Model

Lenora Dark

Dallas, Texas, US

Go ahead, if you're still offering critiques smile

Oct 28 07 11:06 pm Link

Model

Scarlet Raine

Orange Park, Florida, US

I would love to be critiqued

Oct 28 07 11:08 pm Link

Model

JessieDee

Orlando, Florida, US

Please.

Oct 28 07 11:14 pm Link

Model

J0SH

Me please

Oct 28 07 11:15 pm Link

Model

Rhian Alise

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

I am in. Be sweet!! I never participate in these critiques so Im weary!! smile

Oct 28 07 11:18 pm Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Make-up by Heather  wrote:
and would you use me as your MUA??

I'd definitely use you, but would you expect anything else given your port? smile

Oct 29 07 04:16 am Link

Model

Alex Davenport

Spokane, Missouri, US

Rue99 Photography wrote:
Thought I'd try critiquing a few models before turning in for the day. I'd like something different than the usual critiques, so...

I'll let you know what would come to mind if I were considering a shoot with you, by viewing your port and profile. Looks count, but looks are not everything. There will be a lot of reading between the lines because that's all I have to go by.

I will be blunt, so the squeamish need not apply!

I'm interested- let's hear it!

Oct 29 07 04:18 am Link

Photographer

Invenova

Irvine, California, US

Alex Davenport wrote:

I'm interested- let's hear it!

What happened to your forum posting? You stopped giving critiques out sad I was expecting to hear your critiques at that time tongue
Anyway, yes, OP, lemme hear ur critique plz

Oct 29 07 04:24 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

K-i-t-t-y Kat wrote:
I'd like to hear it.

You already know what I think of your work smile

When I first saw your profile, my impression was that you cared about the art rather than the money, a good sign. Also, it seemed like you were trying to get attention not through skin but through communicating yourself, another good sign. Although the initial pics in your port were not so strong, recent work has improved so my intuition seemed correct - a model interested in better work through better photogs.

All of the above are very important when I select who to work with. I know some other photogs feel the same way, where it's not just the model's look but also whether they're working towards a quality port. 

Although your looks and height don't strike me as an agency model, you've made up with it in other ways.

Rating: Promising - eager to see how your port turns out.

Oct 29 07 04:34 am Link

Makeup Artist

mariam03

Austin, Texas, US

Hi!  I'm squeamish, but let me have it!  Please keep in mind the 1st-3rd pics are unretouched from a shoot today...

Oct 29 07 04:39 am Link

Makeup Artist

mariam03

Austin, Texas, US

mariam03 wrote:
Hi!  I'm squeamish, but let me have it!  Please keep in mind the 1st-3rd pics are unretouched from a shoot today...

Oh, by the way, I'm a MUA...is that okay?

Oct 29 07 04:39 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Riki F wrote:
go ahead

You're focusing on being a commercial model, and I shoot artistic implied nudes so I'd wonder why you'd want to shoot with me. Also, commercial print models have less use for my photos than fashion or art models. I also think an implied nude in my style would be inconsistent with your port's character.

Rating: Hesitant - would request the reason why you'd want to shoot with me, and want to know the work would be used in your port.

PS. You have a very nice port for commercial print, but in my OP I stated my point of view and take that literally smile

Oct 29 07 04:44 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

TwistedDoll wrote:
I would love to hear it :3

I notice your avatar which shows goth, 5'7" at 110, 32-24-34, so you're within striking distance of a fashion model with a desire for alt. I personally love the edgy combinations, and you'd give my work more exposure.

The two negatives are that your port could be stronger, and you're only 17 so I can't shoot any of the things I normally would. I can get past the first because I'd like to see what I could add, but can't get past the 2nd.

Rating: Good, request contact again when you're 18.

Oct 29 07 04:50 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

tattooed beauty wrote:
Go for it

Although my shoots are implied nudes for the most part, I usually try to create looks which have some fashion or nature-style art, and without draw a disproportionate attention to any one part of those "parts".

Looking at your current port and stats, that's not a direction I see you going in. 

Rating: Incompatible (with my style)

Oct 29 07 05:09 am Link

Model

Ambrosia Watts

Redding, California, US

Love to be critiqued. Go for it!

Oct 29 07 05:14 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Kelly Lynn Dempsey wrote:
sign me up!

Weight, and measurements are nearly perfect for what I like to see in a model. If I were an agency shooter, an extra 1+ inches would be great, but right now the 5'7 is just fine. I like the profile description, and an initial glance at the port looks alright too.

I'm big on faces, and am split on your looks. On some I really like the way they turned out, others I think they could be better. Since I'm fairly confident in capturing expressions, I can probably capture the looks that I like.

Rating: Good

Oct 29 07 05:26 am Link

Model

Ambrosia Watts

Redding, California, US

BTW you have some beautiful images on your port. I noticed we are not to far from eachother so, if I receive some good feedback from you about my port we could possibly set a shoot up.

Oct 29 07 05:32 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Lauren Curtis wrote:
please smile

Artistic type - check
Work would get exposure - check
Height - check
Stats - check (for someone who's 5'10)
Work is compatible with your port - check
Interesting face - check

Pursuing modeling seriously - doesn't seem like it but with everything else going, this is an easy one.

Rating: Very good

Oct 29 07 05:36 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Disko Love wrote:
critique me.  Insult me.

I'm going to skip ahead and do yours because I happened to look at your port the other day, so it makes it really easy. I'll tell you exactly what I was thinking. 

----
I looked at your port and it screams creativity, sexuality, diversity. I was flipping through it, and was downright *intrigued* by it. It makes me wonder who this person is, it gives me little glimpses of what she might be like, but leaves me thirsting for more. What makes her tick, what is she after, where does she want to go, what will she do next?

Rating: Excellent. I'd shoot you just so I could get answers to the above.

Oct 29 07 05:49 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Stephanie Wisdom wrote:
Me please, if you're still doing them :3

From the avatar, it looks about 180 degrees from what I'd shoot. From the profile, it seems like you'd expect the photog to supply the MU. Activity on the port is not very high, so I doubt the work would benefit my port. I don't see a sense of direction either in modeling.

Rating: Not ready.

Oct 29 07 05:55 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Martina Goodman-Withers wrote:
This sounds interesting. Would love you to have a go at my port. Thanks.

An edgy avi, dark port, great stats for what I do, moody and dark portfolio with an emphasis on quality, good activity on MM, and a haunting look. In short, I love it.

Rating: Excellent

Oct 29 07 06:02 am Link

Model

Marty Red

Rue99 Photography wrote:

An edgy avi, dark port, great stats for what I do, moody and dark portfolio with an emphasis on quality, good activity on MM, and a haunting look. In short, I love it.

Thank you so much. I would love to work with. You have the most amazing images.

Oct 29 07 07:50 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

lynxkarma wrote:
Curious...

You have the figure, you have the stats, and you're clearly interested in a quality port. You obviously won't be doing modeling full time, but you're very active in the forums too. Normally that would be just perfect for me, but there's something missing, but I can't pinpoint it at the moment. Maybe it's a lack of intensity or edge in the expressions... or maybe it's just my mood today.

Rating: Puzzled

Oct 29 07 02:05 pm Link

Model

Jacqui Faye

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

I am squeaky new...would love to hear what you have to say!

Oct 29 07 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Christy Bryant wrote:
Please look at my port...

Profile says you don't do implied, stats are not agency, so I would look no further.

Rating: Incompatible

Oct 29 07 02:08 pm Link

Model

cheryllynnh

Flint, Michigan, US

Please?

Photographer

MnR Imaging

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Love some input on this...

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Sheyna1 wrote:
I'd love to hear what you have to say smile

Stats are good, port has a hint that maybe you'd be interested in what I shoot, hate the avi, but some shots in the port indicate it's misleading. Sweet face, so I'd find out whether there was something you're after that might be edgier.

Rating: Good

Oct 29 07 02:14 pm Link

Model

Selena St James

Go ahead...would love one!

Oct 29 07 02:15 pm Link

Model

NudeDude

Sacramento, California, US

Oh man!  Just the kind of review I've been looking for

Oct 29 07 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

JoannaJ wrote:
I would love to heard it:)

Everything adds up, stats, port, fashion, activity, face. Don't be misled by the short analysis - some things are so obvious they aren't worth thinking about - I'd be drooling at the opportunity to work with you.

Oct 29 07 02:18 pm Link

Model

Taylor Victoria

Chicago, Illinois, US

Go ahead...im game for your pov!!!

Oct 29 07 02:18 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Reading, Pennsylvania, US

Sounds like fun!

Oct 29 07 02:24 pm Link

Model

Elise Austin

Eureka, California, US

Would you do me?  Thank you!
           - Elise

Oct 29 07 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Morgan Booth wrote:
me please?

First, I don't shoot minors anymore. But the at 5'6, maybe you'll get to 5'8 if you're still growing. Why aren't there stats? Curious because I think they'd be just right and a key piece of information to show you're a serious model.

From your profile, I like everything I see. Interest in multiple genres, you're into art. And your avi is solid - it shows signs of someone after quality. I open the port and see you're truly into art, and the top two rows are really solid work. Modeling activity is very good too. 

Then I think maybe I should consider a shoot after all.

Rating: Excellent - if I only saw the top two rows only in the port.

Opinion: I'd ditch most the pics in the last 2 rows of your port.

Oct 29 07 02:29 pm Link

Model

Talisman Langley

Ogden, Utah, US

I'd love a critique if my port isn't too small.

Oct 29 07 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

MissyCass wrote:
Go for it!!!

I shoot artistic, so the story I get from reading your profile and looking at the avi is that there's probably not a good match. But then I open the port, and I see another story someone's got a double life - the commercial model by day, the artistic model by night. At first glance the port is not that cohesive, but many of the images are strong when taking individually. I'd be excited. 

Rating: Very good.

Oct 29 07 02:39 pm Link