Forums > Events > Apr 27 'Beverly Hills Mansion Supershoot' / SoCal

Photographer

Bradford Photography

Waterbury, Connecticut, US

Whisky - The Barbarian wrote:
NOTE

Any models who want to shoot with me, please note that I WILL NOT pay for releases.

Thankyouverymuch tongue

hmmmmmmmm

Apr 25 08 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

M Images wrote:

Lookin forwad to that one!!

And FYI Brad... check pages 5 and 6... two brunettes there too... wink

Apr 25 08 04:38 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

NOTE

Any models who want to shoot with me, please note that I WILL NOT pay for releases.

Thankyouverymuch tongue

Yo K-dawg... the SM 'Model Mayhem' releases are ONLY $10 dude... and a great way to show your model her appreciation for attending.  Something to consider... wink

Apr 25 08 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

Bradford Photography

Select Models wrote:

Haha by that I meant looking forward to getting the email of the entire list of people but yes as well looking forward to meeting Briana too lol

Apr 25 08 04:49 pm Link

Model

Sarai la

Los Angeles, California, US

Select Models wrote:

Here is another brunette that is attending, Me!!lol

Apr 25 08 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Sara Cat wrote:

Here is another brunette that is attending, Me!!lol

Yeah... see... now we just may have too many brunettes... lol  I know of a cute blonde that lives in Ontario I could invite... if she'd ever call me... wink

Apr 25 08 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

Bradford Photography

Apr 25 08 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

M Images wrote:

Brad is just speechless... somebody give him some oxygen... lol

Apr 25 08 06:56 pm Link

Model

Xana Starr

Village Park, Hawaii, US

Lacie Marie wrote:

SSSSSooooooooo looks like Jessica Simpson!!!

she really does!!!

Apr 25 08 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

ms xana wrote:
she really does!!!

Who does?.. where dat pic?... hmm

Apr 25 08 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

Bradford Photography

Select Models wrote:

Brad is just speechless... somebody give him some oxygen... lol

Ya, I dont know what happend - I typed shit and it just didnt appear. wierd huh?

Apr 25 08 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

M Images wrote:

Ya, I dont know what happend - I typed shit and it just didnt appear. wierd huh?

Welllllllllllll... not really weird... cause if you put your fingers on top of poopoo and you push down... trust me... no letters will show up... hmm

Apr 25 08 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Bradford Photography

Select Models wrote:

Welllllllllllll... not really weird... cause if you put your fingers on top of poopoo and you push down... trust me... no letters will show up... hmm

wow Gary, didn't realize we were still 8 years old.

Apr 25 08 07:35 pm Link

Model

Sarai la

I found this and thought it was cute!!
https://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh12/_alixx_--likeshimstill--/brunettes.jpg

I still love my blonde sisters!!

Apr 25 08 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Sara Cat wrote:
I found this and thought it was cute!!

I still love my blonde sisters!!

Fur sure ScatBabe... cute as puppies in a box... and HEY... you gotta quit holdin back on all those blonde sisters... wink

Apr 25 08 08:00 pm Link

Model

Sarai la

Select Models wrote:
Fur sure ScatBabe... cute as puppies in a box... and HEY... you gotta quit holdin back on all those blonde sisters... wink

haha I have a lot of blonde and brunette friends and I wuv them both!

Apr 25 08 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Bradford Photography

Sara Cat wrote:

Damnn Right!!!

Apr 25 08 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

Select Models wrote:

Yo K-dawg... the SM 'Model Mayhem' releases are ONLY $10 dude... and a great way to show your model her appreciation for attending.  Something to consider... wink

How about I give them pictures!  I'm sure the value of a photo carries more weight than a measly $10-$20 tongue

Ask Shodire, I'm giving her the CD from our last SM shoot this Sunday.  Over 100+ SHARP and FULL HIGH RES photos.

Apr 25 08 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Sara Cat wrote:

haha I have a lot of blonde and brunette friends and I wuv them both!

Well come on then... share the wealth... give ME a chance to love'm... lol

Apr 25 08 09:22 pm Link

Model

Eleisha Jemuel

BLUE JAY, California, US

How about I give them pictures!  I'm sure the value of a photo carries more weight than a measly $10-$20 tongue

Ask Shodire, I'm giving her the CD from our last SM shoot this Sunday.  Over 100+ SHARP and FULL HIGH RES photos.

Someday hopefully.

Apr 25 08 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Yes... but DUDE... this Sunday you're gonna be working with close to a dozen models that you've NEVER worked with before... wink

Apr 25 08 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

Select Models wrote:

Yes... but DUDE... this Sunday you're gonna be working with close to a dozen models that you've NEVER worked with before... wink

Now that I announced that I will NOT be buying a release, I'm sure that list will thin up a little; I'll be lucky to shoot 3-4. tongue

I will NEVER see the logic in paying for a release when I will NEVER use the photos for publishing or print work.  If I did, I will contact the models later and a release will be negotiated on a more professional term.

Besides, most of the time photos will end up on the models portfolio anyways, why should photographers have to pay the models to build their portfolio? 

yA DiGG?!?! tongue

If anyone disagrees/ agrees please feel free to PM me and we can discuss smile

Apr 25 08 10:06 pm Link

Model

Sarai la

Select Models wrote:

Well come on then... share the wealth... give ME a chance to love'm... lol

Sorry they don't model;) lol

Apr 25 08 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

Bradford Photography

Now that I announced that I will NOT be buying a release, I'm sure that list will thin up a little; I'll be lucky to shoot 3-4. tongue

I will NEVER see the logic in paying for a release when I will NEVER use the photos for publishing or print work.  If I did, I will contact the models later and a release will be negotiated on a more professional term.

Besides, most of the time photos will end up on the models portfolio anyways, why should photographers have to pay the models to build their portfolio? 

yA DiGG?!?! tongue

I agree with ya Kesler - you do have a good point and make a strong and valid arguement to support it.  Your reasoning makes sense and I agree with the fact that if print does come of these shots then you will renegotiate things.  I tell all my models when they sign full releases that if anything comes of the pictures as a result of me putting somewhere (i.e someoen wants to use it for an ad or outright buy it) I will contact that model before making a decision and fill them in on the info and then work out how much to cut them in on (I figure 10-15% at the least) depending on what the usage of the photo is going to be as well if it wasn't for them I wouldnt be makeing the $$ in teh first place lol.  Touché good sir!

Apr 25 08 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

Key Productions

Oceanside, California, US

$140 for the registration fee + $10x 10 releases = I'm broke and I've to wait for 2 months for the next event...lol...
I'd rather use the images as a screen saver... big_smile

Apr 25 08 10:30 pm Link

Model

Eleisha Jemuel

BLUE JAY, California, US

So happy for all the people that get to go. Have fun guys post great pics.

Apr 25 08 10:48 pm Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

M Images wrote:

I agree with ya Kesler - you do have a good point and make a strong and valid arguement to support it.  Your reasoning makes sense and I agree with the fact that if print does come of these shots then you will renegotiate things.  I tell all my models when they sign full releases that if anything comes of the pictures as a result of me putting somewhere (i.e someoen wants to use it for an ad or outright buy it) I will contact that model before making a decision and fill them in on the info and then work out how much to cut them in on (I figure 10-15% at the least) depending on what the usage of the photo is going to be as well if it wasn't for them I wouldnt be makeing the $$ in teh first place lol.  Touché good sir!

Not signing anything protects BOTH  Model and Photographer because neither one can use the photos for anything if either party objects.

Example, lets say a company wanted to use my picture I took of Jeska and use it for a cosmetic advertisement displayed on a European magazine.  Now lets say they wanted to offer me somewhere in the 4 digit price range; not only will I need to get Jeska's written release (she'll get a pretty good chunk, I'll probably end up with $500 bucks sad )  But I'll need Gary's release too because it was his studio.  So in the end instead of going through all that trouble for a measly couple of hundred bucks, the photographer never mentions anything to anyone and everyone lives happily ever after lol

IMO, signed releases are only relevant IF the shoot was planned from the beginning to be published. 

So yea...

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox tongue

Apr 25 08 10:59 pm Link

Photographer

Ellis - The Cyclops

Mission Viejo, California, US

yA DiGG?!?! tongue

Kesler-

I think we have discussed this before, and you know I share the same logic. 

I am in the same boat as Manny here... I am barely able to afford the registration let alone all of the model releases.  Until I find regular work again that is what I am faced with. 

I should end my thoughts here, but I am always open to talk more directly via PM if anyone wants to.

Ok.... Back to the music!  Where's that list Gary?

Apr 25 08 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

From the models stand point on charging for the release.

Purpose
This is mostly due to the fact that a good majority of the photographers that take their pictures never give them their photos.

Logic
Ladies, if the photographers don't want to show you the photos let alone put them up on the forums, do you REALLY want to see them? 

I think Someone posted a guide a while back to, "How to Survive a group event, and get the best photos possible."  The guide pretty much outlines the following key points.

I - Get contact info of all photographers

II - Try to avoid the "paparazzi" crowd.

III - Understand that posing for multiple photographers at once will reduce your chances of a "great" shot.

IV - Both models and photographers must respect each other, do not pass limits. 

Models and photographers attend group shoots for a couple of reasons, they are to:

Network - Meet new people, exchange contact info; find out who you would like to work with on a solo level.

Challenge - You have to be pretty creative to get a "clean" shot. smile

Apr 25 08 11:39 pm Link

Photographer

Ellis - The Cyclops

From the models stand point on charging for the release.

Purpose
This is mostly due to the fact that a good majority of the photographers that take their pictures never give them their photos.

Logic
Ladies, if the photographers don't want to show you the photos let alone put them up on the forums, do you REALLY want to see them? 

I think Someone posted a guide a while back to, "How to Survive a group event, and get the best photos possible."  The guide pretty much outlines the following key points.

I - Get contact info of all photographers

III - Understand that posing for multiple photographers at once will reduce your chances of a "great" shot.

IV - Both models and photographers must respect each other, do not pass limits. 

Models and photographers attend group shoots for a couple of reasons, they are to:

Network - Meet new people, exchange contact info; find out who you would like to work with on a solo level.

Challenge - You have to be pretty creative to get a "clean" shot. smile

I hearby elect K-Dawg as speaking chairman of the photogs.  He will now speak on our behalf.  lol

Apr 25 08 11:56 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Yamashita

Temecula, California, US

Anybody get a list of who is attending?

Apr 26 08 01:38 am Link

Model

SABRINA BOULTON

Fountain Valley, California, US

Hey Gary don't forget me!

Apr 26 08 01:55 am Link

Photographer

Bradford Photography

Karl Yamashita wrote:
Anybody get a list of who is attending?

NO!!! OH WHERE OH WHERE IS THIS AMAZING LIST???

Apr 26 08 05:32 am Link

Model

Laura A Shodire

I don't know-but you're on it! smile

Apr 26 08 05:46 am Link

Photographer

Ellis - The Cyclops

M Images wrote:

NO!!! OH WHERE OH WHERE IS THIS AMAZING LIST???

I dont know...  Did everyone get the email with the 411?  I haven't received it yet...

Apr 26 08 10:05 am Link

Photographer

Karl Yamashita

Temecula, California, US

Jeska and Laura's shoot probably has kept Gary busy. He probably was editing some pictures and fell asleep at his computer.

Apr 26 08 10:23 am Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

Karl Yamashita wrote:
Jeska and Laura's shoot probably has kept Gary busy. He probably was editing some pictures and fell asleep at his computer.

That or this time around he finished the left over RUM.

Apr 26 08 10:38 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Ellis - The Cyclops wrote:

I dont know...  Did everyone get the email with the 411?  I haven't received it yet...

Hey Ellis... you got mail with directions... seeya there... wink

Apr 26 08 10:46 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Another rockin MM superbabe attending... CHARISSA!

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/080401/01/47f1c69bcd56a.jpg

Apr 26 08 10:50 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

ZERO 'paparazzi crowd' invited to this event... infact... the photographer to model ratio at this shoot will be less than 2 to 1... wink

Apr 26 08 10:52 am Link