Forums > General Industry > NYC meetup

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

Maybe me!  I am going on vacation the next day, but would love to meet up for drinks.

Jun 21 05 10:53 am Link

Model

JH

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I might swing through. 

Jun 21 05 02:25 pm Link

Model

Simply Sonya

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I will be getting into NYC on that morning - I think I will come also!!  Would love to network with you guys!!  Look forward to it!

Jun 21 05 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

Arturo Cantu

New York, New York, US

Ched, just curios why you want to meet all the way up there when your in B'klyn?

Jun 21 05 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

vlad voloshin

New York, New York, US

how about if you are a photog. just wear a camera smile)....in addition to your normal clothes that is

Jun 21 05 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

MB Photo 13

New York, New York, US

Well I am done for comming ,This sounds like a good idea  and could be turned into a Bi monthly  event  Well as for who will know who's from MM  thats a good question  we should all make up a hello my name is tag  with your MM screen name   and if you are a Photog, Model, MUA and so on.  Well thats my 2 cents  its not the best idea  but it could work

Cheers
Mark 

Jun 21 05 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Posted by art cantu: 
Ched, just curios why you want to meet all the way up there when your in B'klyn?

It's a nice place and I just moved here so I only know a few spots so far.

Jun 21 05 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

Posted by art cantu: 

Art, are you in brooklyn?  hell we should just have a brooklyn meetup!

(midtown- whatever!)

seriously though, I might be able to make it- I just hope it isn't a bunch of photogs sitting around a bar talking shop- that's just not very productive, now is it?

-J

Jun 21 05 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

*SerenaBeana*

Manhattan, Illinois, US

Should I bring all my crazy models friends- or are all you creepy photogs gonna weird 'em out with ur all black outfits and red lil hats:P

Cuz the models are staying away from this thread you notice? except me-
I run the borderline;)

Then again I'm weird, strange AND creepy...does that count???

Jun 21 05 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

let's meet at the dog run.

Posted by serena beena 
Cuz the models are staying away from this thread you notice? except me-

We will just cancel anyway.

Jun 21 05 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

Posted by *SerenaBeana*: 
Should I bring all my crazy models friends- or are all you creepy photogs gonna weird 'em out with ur all black outfits and red lil hats:P

HATS, wtf? no one told me about the red lil hats?  what if I showed up without one huh?  How do you guys think that would make me feel.  $@%#'s!

Jun 21 05 08:23 pm Link

Model

Sheena

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

Sounds cool i wanna come!!!!...but what about us under 21 yr olds..im sure im not the only one here =\....and why does it have to be so far as if its not hard enough to commute jeeeezzz the subway....sad....

Jun 21 05 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Posted by *SerenaBeana*: 

Cuz the models are staying away from this thread you notice?

Bring everybody. Photographers, MUA's, models, assistants, designers, retouchers, whatever. Just people getting together and what happens, happens.

Are the models intimidated because it's mostly photographers responding? They should not be. If they show up and there is a problem they can come talk to me and we'll sort it out.

If you're going to make trouble don't come.

Certainly if anyone is hesitant to come for any other reason, just message me and we'll talk about it.

If the subway is an issue, post where you are and maybe you can share a cab with someone.

Jun 21 05 10:16 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Posted by Sheena: 
Sounds cool i wanna come!!!!...but what about us under 21 yr olds..im sure im not the only one here =\....and why does it have to be so far as if its not hard enough to commute jeeeezzz the subway....sad....

Since when is it hard for a bunch of models to get into a bar?

Jun 21 05 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Just checking.

I need a drink of bubbles.  No soda for me this week.

Jun 22 05 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

must... keep... thread... alive...

Jun 22 05 10:11 am Link

Photographer

Arturo Cantu

New York, New York, US

Art, are you in brooklyn?  hell we should just have a brooklyn meetup!
-J

Justin,
I am in B'klyn... thought you knew that.

I think your
right, its going to be a bunch of photog's talking shop.
But what else do we talk about?  Weather? Sex?

I'm definately intrested but dont think I want to go all the way uptown. Plus the bar looks a little classy? I like bars with a lounging area.

(Off topic)
Justin, remember that shoot by the bridge... Well I was kicked out by a state trooper!  Shot in Chinatown instead, check it out.   https://modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic_id=42b77f40cdd71

Jun 22 05 10:22 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Ok, to hell with the Hudson.

CHANGE OF VENUE - BROOKLYN

(from http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/bars/index.html)

* The Abbey
536 Driggs Ave. (between N. 7th & N. 8th),
Phone: 718-599-4400, 
Map: Click Here
[L Trian to Bedford Ave]

The Abbey opened several years ago and is now a non-touristy staple. It has a maroon pool table, a pinball machine, and a an occasionally used DJ's booth populate the back. It is a largish space, and the air conditioning rocks in the summer. Beers start at $4 or so and the bartenders are always competent and often quite friendly. Small but solid tap selection (Guinness, Brooklyn Beers, etc.) and in general, no b.s. or hassles. Definitely worth visiting and the growing gay scene at The Abbey makes this bar even more appealing whether you are straight, gay, or undecided. Plus the jukebox will pleases fans of early 90's indie.

It's a straight shot from Union Square on the L and accessible from the G (Metropolitain Ave) and you can drive to it as well.

Jun 22 05 10:47 am Link

Photographer

MB Photo 13

New York, New York, US

So ched with the change of venue is every one still interested,   I am game  for where ever  so I am going to keep on passing the word  and telling all the NY Talent i know  about this meet  and greet  at the Abbey

Cheers
Mark

Jun 22 05 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Ok, thanks Mark.

Jun 22 05 11:00 am Link

Model

StaciF

New York, New York, US

So models can join in also....is there parking for the jerseyites?

Jun 22 05 11:25 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Posted by StaciF: 
So models can join in also....is there parking for the jerseyites?

Yes, models are welcome. Everybody's welcome.

There is parking all over the place, this is bar central for Brooklyn, just watch the signs.

FROM NEW JERSEY
Take the Holland Tunnel to Canal Street straight across Manhattan to the Manhattan Bridge. Right after the bridge exit for the Brooklyn Queens Expressway, make a right at the light, and go right again at the fork following the signs for Brooklyn Queens Expressway towards Triboro (north toward the Bronx). It's exit 32 from the BQE, Metropolitain Avenue. Go to the second light and turn right. You'll be on Union Avenue crossing numbered streets. Make a left onto North 12th Street and follow it to Driggs Avenue, making another left. It's #536 Driggs Avenue, but I suggest you look for parking anywhere.

map here

Jun 22 05 11:40 am Link

Model

Jan Armstrong

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada

i don't know if i can make it its a longCommute on a subway from Canada.

(JK)

no really If I was in NY I would be so there.

sounds like Fun.

Jun 22 05 01:38 pm Link

Model

Jane Evil

Geneva, New York, US

Sounds like a blast.....I might just pop in to to have a couple drinks and say Hi...have to find a place to crash though...5 hrs is a long way to drive to pop in and pop out....lol

Jun 22 05 01:49 pm Link

Model

SO

Austin, Texas, US

I wonder how lost I'd get attempting to find the place...

Jun 22 05 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

MB Photo 13

New York, New York, US

This will be a awsome way for NY Model Mayhem talent to meet and greet  and network with the  Models , MUA's, Photographers & Designers ON Model Mayhem So come on everyone, Pass the word around to all the NY  MM members you know

Cheers
Mark

Jun 22 05 03:29 pm Link

Model

Goddess Erinys

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

when is this going to be again?? are alot of models going too?

Jun 22 05 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

RoldanImages

New York, New York, US

count me in smile

Jun 22 05 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

John Van

Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Sounds like fun. I liked the Upper West Side location, being in Westchester County myself. Brooklyn is hell to get to from here. Still, if I'm in the city that day, I might drop by.

If it's a success and it becomes a tradition, please consider a location in Manhattan, close to Penn or Grand Central for those dreaded bridge-and-tunnel people.

Jun 22 05 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Bodi

East Northport, New York, US

is there daught guinness there? If there is I will be there and will likely want to move into the place.

Jun 22 05 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

MB Photo 13

New York, New York, US

Ginness on tap and cheap beer & drinks!
Networking with photogs,Models MUA'S and
Designers   and meeting the faces of the people  that are on MM this can and will be a kick ass event so everyone from the NY area on MM must attend !  If all goes well this will turn into a Bi Monthly event  in and around Manhattan so taking a treck out to Williamsburg Brooklyn is not that bad SO EVERYONE PASS THE WORD !

Jun 22 05 04:58 pm Link

Model

AnnaMarie

Flushing, New York, US

Changing to Brooklyn now!  Why not come to Queens!  We have great drinking holes in Bayside!  It is know for its drinking holes!  Heck, we should just all wear our swimsuits and head out to Long Beach!
:-)

Jun 22 05 05:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Desiree Rice

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I might be able to make it.  Should be a good time.

Jun 22 05 05:42 pm Link

Model

Reby

New York, New York, US

I think it should happen - I was jealous of the party held for MM in Cali!

Jun 22 05 06:52 pm Link

Model

Ashley-Tatum

Washington, Arkansas, US

If i'm with my dad do you think they will let me in?????

Sounds like fun!

A-T

Jun 22 05 06:54 pm Link

Model

Karla

Oceanside, California, US

I think I'll be there yikes)

Jun 22 05 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

BarryH

Taipei City, Taipei City, Taiwan

Posted by Ashley-Tatum: 
If i'm with my dad do you think they will let me in?????

Is your dad a model?

Jun 22 05 07:18 pm Link

Model

Ashley-Tatum

Washington, Arkansas, US

Posted by BarryH: 

Is your dad a model?

now THAT's a scary thought.  but i think i'll need him to get me into a bar!

Jun 22 05 07:23 pm Link

Model

lisamona

Toronto, Iowa, US

i wish there were meetings like that in Canada sad, really really want to come i feel like im missing out tons of fun , well maybe next time just keep posting those kind of meetings...
Kat

Jun 22 05 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

John Van

Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Posted by AnnaMarie: 
Changing to Brooklyn now!  Why not come to Queens!  We have great drinking holes in Bayside!  It is know for its drinking holes!  Heck, we should just all wear our swimsuits and head out to Long Beach!
:-)

You don't want to see me in my swimsuit :-)

Jun 22 05 09:07 pm Link