Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Third Date ideas

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Long story short.....

Going on a third date this Friday. First two dates were planned by him, first sushi and then italian. Fantastic dates. But I'm planning the third. While I'd like to incorporate dinner into the mix, I'm looking for something creative to do afterwards (i.e. not just hang out at a bar, or go dancing at a club) and I'm looking for suggestions and ideas.

His interests and mine are extensive, so throw whatever ideas you have at me please.

I live in NJ, close to NY (not close enough to do Philly).

I have a shoot at noon the next day so I don't want to be out ridiculously late.

PM me, or drop a line here. Thanks- much appreciated.

-D-

Mar 08 06 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

No underwear gets the message across without question!

Mar 08 06 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of CIP

Long Beach, California, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:

Yeah  - date #3 usually means you're a keeper...  So it's showtime...

Mar 08 06 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

ericphotonyc

Brooklyn, New York, US

Nothing says I had a good time on the first two dates better than ménage à trois.

Odds are you will get a fourth date as well.

Mar 08 06 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

ask him to spring for 'Tavern  on the Green' and a night at the Waldorf,

if the price gives him a seizure, drop the cheap bastard,  and date a photographer!

Mar 08 06 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of CIP

ask him to spring for 'Tavern  on the Green' and a night at the Waldorf,

if the price gives him a seizure, drop the cheap bastard,  and date a photographer!

And the first LOL of the day is awarded!!!  Man that was a good one!  This is classic...

Mar 08 06 03:09 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Background information on me...

Good girl.

All kidding aside, I'm looking for some creative ideas that don't involves sex etc. I don't give it up on the third date. Thanks for assuming I do though.

-D-

Mar 08 06 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Daniela V wrote:

Good girl.

All kidding aside, I'm looking for some creative ideas that don't involves sex etc. I don't give it up on the third date. Thanks for assuming I do though.

-D-

D, seriously- most guys who respect themselves are gonna give you the advice that by date 3- you should plan something that gives you the opportunity to end in intimacy if you so choose (your house, a hotel, a weekend getaway, etc).

Good girl has nothing to do with it.  Adult men date for sex.  Yes, we like relationships, your company, your ideas, fun, etc.  But ultimately- biology governs why men seek women.

Lot of good men follow the 3 date rule.

Think about it if you really like the guy.

-Jose

PS: Tom Leykis (radio personality) preaches it as gospel.

PPS:  If you write off men who understand themselves enough to know what their needs are- you may end up with a very young or naive man who truly doesnt understand or respect himself enough to stay in a lasting relationship with you- even if he thinks he is ready.

Mar 08 06 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Jose is applying the Cuban rule. I feed you I, f.. you.

D. go dancing and dont eat much!

Mar 08 06 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

nothing says love better than bowling....

Mar 08 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Jose is applying the Cuban rule. I feed you I, f.. you.

D. go dancing and dont eat much!

No dude- there is nothing to do with that.  Please dont characterize me as saying women are prostitutes.  Im just advising her from a MANs perspective.

Mar 08 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Art Of Imaging

Brooklyn, New York, US

Coney Island Astroland Park smile ESPN Zone- that air hockey game is lots of fun and would make you both go crazy hehehe smile

Mar 08 06 03:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Marcia Dionne

Frisco, Texas, US

This is why I have sex on the first date, to see if I even want to go on a second.

I am soooooooo kidding.

I do wish I could help you out w/ ideas but I really suck at planning dates.  I usually leave it up to the guy.

Good Luck!

Mar 08 06 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of CIP

Daniela V wrote:

Good girl.

-D-

Devil's advocate here:  If he's cool with this rule - he has it on tap from someone else...

Mar 08 06 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Marcia Dionne wrote:
This is why I have sex on the first date, to see if I even want to go on a second.

LOL Marcia- you rock!

Mar 08 06 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

Daniela V wrote:

Good girl.

-D-

OK, you want creative ideas that don't involve sex.

I'm drawing a blank here.

Mar 08 06 03:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Marcia Dionne

Frisco, Texas, US

The Art of CIP wrote:

Devil's advocate here:  If he's cool with this rule - he has it on tap from someone else...

Call me naive, but all guys can't possibly be like that.  Maybe they are.  Hell, I don't know.

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Jose- JoseOnline wrote:

No dude- there is nothing to do with that.  Please dont characterize me as saying women are prostitutes.  Im just advising her from a MANs perspective.

humor!  una broma!

Photographer

Art Of Imaging

Brooklyn, New York, US

oh and if you are a butt person, go ice skating cause then you may fall on your bumm and then later on at night you can play rub the bumm tongue

Mar 08 06 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of CIP

Marcia Dionne wrote:

Call me naive, but all guys can't possibly be like that.  Maybe they are.  Hell, I don't know.

Okay - Naive....

Mar 08 06 03:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Marcia Dionne

Frisco, Texas, US

Jose- JoseOnline wrote:

LOL Marcia- you rock!

Dude!  Thanks for cutting out the part about me kidding.  Now word is gonna get out that I'm a whore!  Thanks alot, I just cleaned up my reputation!  LMAO

Mar 08 06 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

SolKat Photography

Jacksonville, Florida, US

go to kids r us and grab twister.

its a fun game and easy way wink
haha

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

The Art of CIP wrote:

And the first LOL of the day is awarded!!!  Man that was a good one!  This is classic...

I concur!

Model

Dances with Wolves

Jose- JoseOnline wrote:

D, seriously- most guys who respect themselves are gonna give you the advice that by date 3- you should plan something that gives you the opportunity to end in intimacy if you so choose (your house, a hotel, a weekend getaway, etc).

Good girl has nothing to do with it.  Adult men date for sex.  Yes, we like relationships, your company, your ideas, fun, etc.  But ultimately- biology governs why men seek women.

Lot of good men follow the 3 date rule.

Think about it if you really like the guy.

-Jose

PPS:  If you write off men who understand themselves enough to know what their needs are- you may end up with a very young or naive man who truly doesnt understand or respect himself enough to stay in a lasting relationship with you- even if he thinks he is ready.

Ok, well I posted this thread looking for good ideas of where to go besides the typical stuff. I didn't realize that I would get nothing back besides having sex etc.

Personally, I don't have to think about it. Sex is not an option for me on a third date, and if he doesn't like that, it's not my loss at all. I don't sleep with people I'm not in love with, that is how I respect ME. If a girl wants to sleep with a guy on the 1st, 2nd, whatever date, that's fine- more power to her- and I won't sit there and judge- but I know that for me, it's not going to happen because I "like the guy". It'll happen when I LOVE the guy.

But the thing is...that's not what this thread is supposed to be about- so basically- I'm asking that if people can't throw out some suggestions of where to go and what to do besides dinner, movie, bar, club etc. then to not respond at all..least of all trying to make this into a "just have sex" thread. I don't think I'm asking too much.

-D-

Mar 08 06 03:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Marcia Dionne

Frisco, Texas, US

KM von Seidl wrote:
nothing says love better than bowling....

I sooo thought that said blowing.  That would, however, lock in a 4th date. LMFAO

Mar 08 06 03:21 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Marcia Dionne wrote:

He's not my boyfriend. If he's sleeping with someone else, then OK.

Mar 08 06 03:22 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Marcia Dionne

Frisco, Texas, US

In all serious, as stated previously, ice skating is a really good idea.  Or go to a grown-up arcade, like around here we have Dave and Busters.  You could even go see a play.

Mar 08 06 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of CIP

Jose- JoseOnline wrote:

You know what's crazy - I've never once heard this man's show - but  alomos everyone I know compares me to him...  I'm almost scared to listen to what this guy has to say...

Mar 08 06 03:24 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

F-ing Nuts Benny wrote:
Coney Island Astroland Park smile ESPN Zone- that air hockey game is lots of fun and would make you both go crazy hehehe smile

ESPN zone!!! That is a G-R-E-A-T suggestion! Thank you!!

-D-

Mar 08 06 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

visionmedia

Troy, Michigan, US

Is this a daytime date or at night?

Mar 08 06 03:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Marcia Dionne

Frisco, Texas, US

Daniela V wrote:

He's not my boyfriend. If he's sleeping with someone else, then OK.

Well, if someone is dating multiple people, they shouldn't have sex w/ any of them or just date the one they are having sex with.  That's so unfair to the other people and at what point would he stop having sex with the other person and start having sex with you.  That would just be weird.  No way would I be cool if a guy I were dating were having relations with someone else.  That's just rude. 

True, it is only gonna be your third date.  But what if it's your 10th and he says, oh yeah, by the way, I'm having sex with this other girl I'm dating.

Mar 08 06 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Take him to an indoor rock climbing place, then his favorite sports bar, then to a strip club. 

However if male ingenuity serves me well, if he's not gett'n it by date 3, regardless of whose flipping the bill, he's pick'n up a hooker on the way home and losing your digits big_smile

Mar 08 06 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

TEAM

Oxnard, California, US

Marcia Dionne wrote:

Well, if someone is dating multiple people, they shouldn't have sex w/ any of them or just date the one they are having sex with.  That's so unfair to the other people and at what point would he stop having sex with the other person and start having sex with you.  That would just be weird.  No way would I be cool if a guy I were dating were having relations with someone else.  That's just rude. 

True, it is only gonna be your third date.  But what if it's your 10th and he says, oh yeah, by the way, I'm having sex with this other girl I'm dating.

... good point.

Mar 08 06 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of CIP

Okay Daniella - if I were in this guy's shoes...  It would be nice to be invited into the lady's home...  You've already established he respects your "no sex yet" rule...  But as I guy I can say this guy probably works hard and he deals with the stress that comes along with it...  I'm not saying sleep with him - but rather give him an escape from himself and his daily life.  Be the provider if leisure and relaxation and your stock will go through the roof...  Planning stuff is simply more stress...  Going to a lady's house that you care about and being treated like a king is sheer heaven...  Come on - you're a grown woman - you should know this... tongue

Mar 08 06 03:32 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Marcia Dionne

Frisco, Texas, US

TEAM_FUZE wrote:

... good point.

thanks Cedric!

Mar 08 06 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Art Of Imaging

Brooklyn, New York, US

Daniela V wrote:

ESPN zone!!! That is a G-R-E-A-T suggestion! Thank you!!

-D-

thank you, so now that I have a good idea for a third date, how do I get the first 2 ? lol

Mar 08 06 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of CIP

F-ing Nuts Benny wrote:

thank you, so now that I have a good idea for a third date, how do I get the first 2 ? lol

I suggest Myspace.com.... HA!!!

Mar 08 06 03:35 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

The Art of CIP wrote:
Okay Daniella - if I were in this guy's shoes...  It would be nice to be invited into the lady's home...  You've already established he respects your "no sex yet" rule...  But as I guy I can say this guy probably works hard and he deals with the stress that comes along with it...  I'm not saying sleep with him - but rather give him an escape from himself and his daily life.  Be the provider if leisure and relaxation and your stock will go through the roof...  Planning stuff is simply more stress...  Going to a lady's house that you care about and being treated like a king is sheer heaven...  Come on - you're a grown woman - you should know this... tongue

What part of I'm looking for date ideas is not making sense here?

With all due respect- if you don't have any "date" ideas such as the ones that others are posting, and can't get your head past anything besides sex/sexual acts, then you're talking to the wrong person. I don't need to be told about a man's desires etc- I'm fully aware of them- newsflash- not just men have sexual desires. That doesn't mean I'm ready to act on them. So basically, unless you're going to tell me something useful, your posts are pointless and only serve to entertain others that are find you humorous etc.

-D-

Mar 08 06 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

TEAM

Oxnard, California, US

I think it would be cool to really plan the day around an event like a play or sports event or even museum/gallery.  Keep it simple and intimate.  The sports event would be borderline intense depending on who's playing but it would be kind of fun.

My two cents.

Mar 08 06 03:37 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

visionmedia wrote:
Is this a daytime date or at night?

Friday night- probably around 8.

Mar 08 06 03:37 pm Link