Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Third Date ideas

Model

Ashleigh Williams

Columbia, South Carolina, US

I learned in Psychology 101, that if you take a date to a theme park, they end up thinking they are in love with you because of the excitement and adrenaline rush.  So if you really like this guy, this is a good way to keep him around (without having to give up the goodies smile ).   Also, miniature golf is always fun, but considering I'm from South Carolina I really don't know what's up there around your area, but good luck, I hope you have fun smile

Mar 09 06 09:28 am Link

Model

Kylie Alexandra

Geelong, Victoria, Australia

Ok on my first date with my husband (mind you we had been flirting for almost 6 months, can you say sexual tension?) it was my birthday and we went for dinner and drank way to much wine had no stop conversation, then dancing very hot. I ended up getting a bit to drunk and got tired of waiting for him to try something and asked him to come home with me. He did and never left.
But that's just me and I always like my sex.

Good third date ideas...hmmmmmm
Go old school do dinner and a movie.
I had a date take me to the shooting range once it was a blast, we had close contact because he helped me aim...but no sex. I do think it was date 3.
Hazam's idea was good.
Rock climbing, go for a long drive...
ok I ran out of ideas that don't involve sex sorry :-( good luck

Mar 09 06 10:24 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Mike Mancuso wrote:
Constantly going out to dinner can be expensive.

If either of you have your own place I reccomend cooking dinner together. For under $20 you can cook an Italian dinner and have a nice bottle of red wine. You can really have fun doing this and make it a great meal. Afterwards snuggle up together to a movie. 

And just because its an in-house date will not imply having sex.

C H E A P !  you are a REAL photgrapher. Models must fall for that 'home cooked meal' speech!

I have them help me carry equipment and 'share' the experience!

Mar 09 06 10:25 am Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

Mike Mancuso wrote:
And just because its an in-house date will not imply having sex.

Get me anywhere close to her bedroom and I go into automatic mode. The brain is running at full speed making all sorts of plans to get closer.

Mar 09 06 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Jim Goodwin

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Try a comedy club. Everyone loves to laugh, it shows you have a good sense of humor, and it doesn't require any special skills to enjoy. Since you will both be laughing together all night, all you will both remember is how much fun you had together (and maybe you can pick up a few good jokes). It makes it easy to be a fun date. Good luck!

Jim

Mar 09 06 10:34 am Link

Photographer

Amanda Schlicher

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Christopher Bush wrote:

no! 

do not EVER ask a guy to take a pottery lesson!  very important.

What's wrong with a pottery lesson?  Lots of men make pottery.  Besides, it's not like I'm asking him to devote his life to crocheting or something... it's just something fun, messy, and challenging to do together.

My first date with my boyfriend was a fight club.  He knocked me across the floor on my ass (literally... concrete floor!) with a roundhouse to the belly... then I knew it was love.

This tactic only works if you are both boxers/martial artists to begin with.  Not recommended for the average first date.

Mar 09 06 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Mike Mancuso

Harleysville, Pennsylvania, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:

C H E A P !  you are a REAL photgrapher. Models must fall for that 'home cooked meal' speech!

I have them help me carry equipment and 'share' the experience!

LOL....  Far from a real photographer!!!!

Oh and believe me I am the furthest thing from cheap, I just spent $160 Saturday night on dinner and my date sucked, yet have had dates where I spent less than $20 and they have been awesome. 

And what is this third date sex rule????

Mar 09 06 11:59 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Amanda Schlicher wrote:
My first date with my boyfriend was a fight club.  He knocked me across the floor on my ass (literally... concrete floor!) with a roundhouse to the belly... then I knew it was love.

This tactic only works if you are both boxers/martial artists to begin with.  Not recommended for the average first date.

Holy crap, that's hot.

This is why I still want to date Xena.

https://www.jeremysilman.com/movies_tv_tt/xena_prncss_wrrr_ssn_3/Xena%20&%20Gab.jpg

Oh ... Um, yeah, wait, Gabrielle can come too.

Mar 09 06 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

Amanda Schlicher

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
Holy crap, that's hot.

This is why I still want to date Xena.

https://www.jeremysilman.com/movies_tv_tt/xena_prncss_wrrr_ssn_3/Xena%20&%20Gab.jpg

Oh ... Um, yeah, wait, Gabrielle can come too.

We recently went to another fight club... he told me he wanted me to give him a black eye, but I couldn't stomach it.  Smashed him pretty hard in the temple several times though, and a pretty good one on the nose.  My knuckles hurt for a week...  I loves me some visceral romantic bonding. smile  I also vote for something adrenaline inducing.

Mar 09 06 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

UPDATE REQUIRED!

step up Daniela!

Mar 12 06 11:27 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Ashleigh Williams wrote:
...this is a good way to keep him around (without having to give up the goodies smile ).

I think this form of thinking is drilled in to heads by mothers and it needs to stop.  It gives appearance that the "goodies" is not a two-way street.  That mentality clearly shows one is participaing with the notion they are giving something more than receiving something...

Mar 12 06 11:40 am Link

Photographer

RayAndrews

Dallas, Texas, US

Daniela V wrote:
Long story short.....

Going on a third date this Friday. First two dates were planned by him, first sushi and then italian. Fantastic dates. But I'm planning the third. While I'd like to incorporate dinner into the mix, I'm looking for something creative to do afterwards (i.e. not just hang out at a bar, or go dancing at a club) and I'm looking for suggestions and ideas.

His interests and mine are extensive, so throw whatever ideas you have at me please.

I live in NJ, close to NY (not close enough to do Philly).

I have a shoot at noon the next day so I don't want to be out ridiculously late.

PM me, or drop a line here. Thanks- much appreciated.

-D-

Don't plan...find a part of town that you may not be familiar with (safe location of course) and see what you find (i.e new place to eat, have cocktails, just enjoy your time together).  plus it's a good way to gage how comfortable you are with them...if you have to plan everything out, what will be your response when the unexpected happens...and you might find something you both will enjoy and remember.

Mar 12 06 11:48 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Ashleigh Williams wrote:
...Also, miniature golf is always fun...

Don't go golfing!
There's something subliminal about getting some putts in a hole.

Mar 12 06 11:52 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

PEOPLE the date has ALREADY happened!

more advice is moot!

Mar 12 06 11:52 am Link

Photographer

RayAndrews

Dallas, Texas, US

PEOPLE the date has ALREADY happened!

more advice is moot!

yeah, but it's interesting reading

Mar 12 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

RayAndrews wrote:

yeah, but it's interesting reading

yes it is! 
but those of us with no sex lives of our own  want to know if Daniela did the NASTY!

Mar 12 06 11:57 am Link

Model

Kylie Alexandra

Geelong, Victoria, Australia

yes it is! 
but those of us with no sex lives of our own  want to know if Daniela did the NASTY!

Here, here to that!

Mar 12 06 11:58 am Link

Photographer

Fantasy On Film

Detroit, Michigan, US

Daniela,

I have learned to read the profiles and look at the online photos..BEFORE I make a reply.

You are asking the MM community to give you advice for a date with a guy that YOU know..not us.

Has he seen your MM portfolio? We have...hence the responses that zero in on sex.

My SUGGESTION is to walk, sit & talk with this man..find out where his thoughts are about life, you, hisself. Let him get to know your mind. Understand each other.

Oliver

Mar 12 06 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

J Merrill Images

Harvey, Illinois, US

Third date  ... time for a little bit of subtle romance   .... there are a million things you can do in NYC and you can probably do each of them at three different places  .... I say don't worry about just what you do but make sure it gives you plenty of time to talk  .... no movies, theatre or other things that make you just sit next to each other like slugs. Buy him a meaningful card or a little gift - nothing too expensive because that will seem overboard. Do something that lets him know that you are beginning to see him as someone special.

BTW - we want the complete report on the "funky munkee" after the tenth date!

<  insert silly, lascivious grin  >

Mar 12 06 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

Jose- JoseOnline wrote:

D, seriously- most guys who respect themselves are gonna give you the advice that by date 3- you should plan something that gives you the opportunity to end in intimacy if you so choose (your house, a hotel, a weekend getaway, etc).

Good girl has nothing to do with it.  Adult men date for sex.  Yes, we like relationships, your company, your ideas, fun, etc.  But ultimately- biology governs why men seek women.

Lot of good men follow the 3 date rule.

Think about it if you really like the guy.

-Jose

PS: Tom Leykis (radio personality) preaches it as gospel.

PPS:  If you write off men who understand themselves enough to know what their needs are- you may end up with a very young or naive man who truly doesnt understand or respect himself enough to stay in a lasting relationship with you- even if he thinks he is ready.

Jose, you must be kidding... O.o, I have never known any respectable man that has an ounce of respect for the woman he's with that would want sex by only the 3rd date.  If that is the only thing on the man's mind, he is not relationship worthy yet.

Mar 12 06 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

J Merrill Images

Harvey, Illinois, US

We all want sex from you on the first date, not the third. It's in our genes. The issue, however, is whether or not we see the wisdom in putting the brakes on the party in our pants because you are special enough to wait for.

Mar 12 06 03:26 pm Link