Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Some of The Best Quotes....

Model

MONIKA KOVACS

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Here I begin:

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared
impossible before they were done."
-- Author unknown

"There is a way to look at the past. Don't hide from it. It will not
catch you - if you don't repeat it."
-- Pearl Bailey

"Consider doubt as an invitation to think."
-- Author unknown

"A hero is not somebody you follow. A true hero is somebody who,
through her ideas and accomplishments, puts you in command of your own destiny."         
-- Dr. Michael Hurd

Mar 11 06 09:11 am Link

Photographer

images by elahi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Visionary thinkers will always receive violent opposition from mediocre minds
Einstein

The problems of the world today cannot be solved by the same level of created them in the first place
Einstein

Never spend major time with minor people and never spend minor time with major people
Jewel Diamond Taylor

The problem with the education system is that it teaches people how to make a living instead of how to live
Dick Gregory

Mar 11 06 09:15 am Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

I love those quotes! smile

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" --Bill Cosby

Mar 11 06 09:16 am Link

Photographer

theedge

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

"I never think of the future - it comes soon enough." - Albert Einstein

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take. - Wayne Gretzky

"Don't be so humble, you're not that great". - Golda Meir

"Charlie Brown is the one person I identify with. C.B. is such a loser. He wasn't even the star of his own Halloween special." -- Chris Rock

"We're in this position - I think it's our duty to abuse it."---Bono

"A lot of photographers feel their art is to discover who you are. Anton is about who you might be."
Bono on U2's favourite photographer

Mar 11 06 09:19 am Link

Photographer

DSP_Productions

Lexington, Kentucky, US

If you think education is expensive - try ignorance.

Mar 11 06 09:27 am Link

Model

Foxy Blue

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I love all those. I think my favorite is a proverb though
"A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts"

Mar 11 06 09:32 am Link

Photographer

Tonic Dog Studios

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

"One man raising the dead is a miracle; two men raising the dead is a conspiracy."

-David Prill

Mar 11 06 09:39 am Link

Photographer

Stormrider

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

"Well, being a dick ain't so bad.  See, there are three kinds of people: Dicks, pussies and assholes.  Pussies think everyone can get along and dicks just wanna fuck all the time without thinking it through.  But then you got your assholes, Chuck.  And all the assholes want is to shit all over everything.  So pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because pussies get fucked by dicks.  But dicks also fuck assholes, Chuck.  And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get?

You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit."

-Drunk bum from Team America

Mar 11 06 09:49 am Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

"I don't get high, but sometimes I wish I did. That way, when I messed up in life I would have an excuse. But right now there's no rehab for stupidity."
—Chris Rock

And I hope that five years and 10 years from now, I'll be a better man, a more mature man, a wiser man, a more humble man and a more spirited man to serve the good of my people and the good of humanity.
—Louis Farrakhan

Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.
—Noam Chomsky

If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged.
—Noam Chomsky

Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.
—Coretta Scott King

People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?
—Thich Nhat Hanh

Mar 11 06 09:51 am Link

Photographer

images by elahi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Eric S. wrote:
"I don't get high, but sometimes I wish I did. That way, when I messed up in life I would have an excuse. But right now there's no rehab for stupidity."
—Chris Rock

And I hope that five years and 10 years from now, I'll be a better man, a more mature man, a wiser man, a more humble man and a more spirited man to serve the good of my people and the good of humanity.
—Louis Farrakhan

Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.
—Noam Chomsky

If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged.
—Noam Chomsky

Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.
—Coretta Scott King

People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?
—Thich Nhat Hanh

nice

Mar 11 06 09:52 am Link

Photographer

Stormrider

Fighting on the internet is like the Special Olympics........Whether you win or lose, you're still retarded.

-random quote

(very sorry if this pushes anyones buttons)

Mar 11 06 09:58 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

In heaven all of the interesting people are missing. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Mar 11 06 10:19 am Link

Model

MONIKA KOVACS

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

SELF WORTH = NET WORTH

Mar 11 06 10:30 am Link

Model

Nocturnity

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

"When life gives you lemons...squeeze those fuckers into a water gun and shoot people in the eye"

Mar 11 06 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Nocturnity wrote:
"When life gives you lemons...squeeze those fuckers into a water gun and shoot people in the eye"

I have been reading your posts. I can recommend a good therapist in Indianapolis!

Mar 11 06 12:19 pm Link

Model

Nocturnity

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:

I have been reading your posts. I can recommend a good therapist in Indianapolis!

LOL im perfectly sane and perfectly happy.  I just like speaking my mind.  Its fun tongue

Mar 11 06 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

"People who quote others have small minds"
Winston Churchill.

And to follow that up, here's a whole bunch of quotes on my personal page that I never update.  I'll be adding some from this thread tho  smile

http://members.aol.com/slejames/Quotes.html

Mar 11 06 01:30 pm Link

Model

Phoenix E

i already posted these in a different thread recently, but hey:

At eighty, I think what I shall regret are the things I always wanted to do and never did; the experiences I denied myself because I was too concerned about others' opinions, or too anxious for their approval; but I think I would regret most a life wasted living as someone who was not me...
--i can't remember who first said this...

A slave is he who cannot speak his mind.
A man without fear cannot be a slave.
--Euripides

Mar 11 06 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

qphotonyc

New York, New York, US

good judgement comes from experience
...and experience comes from poor judgement.

Mar 11 06 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

I won't f**k each of you, but I'm gonna try.

-Napoleaon

Mar 11 06 02:45 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

MarkMarek wrote:
I won't f**k each of you, but I'm gonna try.

-Napoleaon

Napoleon, upon entering Josephine's bedroom for the first time:  "Madame, I am not here to make a speech."

Mar 11 06 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

theedge wrote:
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take. - Wayne Gretzky

I love that one!

Mar 11 06 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

D Gordon Photography

Brooklyn, New York, US

"The quickest way to a mans heart is through his chest..." - My wife

Mar 11 06 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

SolraK Studios

Atlanta, Georgia, US

…the crowd, is in fact, composed of individuals; it must therefore be in ever man's power to become what he is, an individual. From becoming an individual no one , no none at all is excluded,except he who excludes himself by becoming a crowd.

Søren Kierkrgaard

Mar 11 06 03:03 pm Link

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Call for the feeling rather than the thing. Give the universe more room to answer. - Dewitt Jones

To the artist, art is a verb. - Bayles & Orland, Art and Fear

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. - Voltaire

The objection to Puritans is not that they try to make us think as they do, but that they try to make us do as they think. - H. L. Mencken

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes. - Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

In our country are evangelists and zealots of many different political, economic and religious persuasions whose fanatical conviction is that all thought is divinely classified into two kinds -- that which is their own and that which is false and dangerous. - Justice Robert H. Jackson

If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all. - Chomsky

If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other. - Carl Schurz

Opinions are not to be learned by rote, like the letters of an alphabet, or the words of a dictionary. They are conclusions to be formed, and formed by each individual in the sacred and free citadel of the mind, and there enshrined beyond the arm of law to reach, or force to shake; ay! and beyond the right of impertinent curiosity to violate, or presumptuous arrogance to threaten. - Frances Wright

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive. - Robert Louis Stevenson

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -Soren Kierkegaard

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

I said to myself, I have things in my head that are not like what anyone has taught me - shapes and ideas so near to me - so natural to my way of being and thinking that it hasn't occurred to me to put them down. I decided to start anew, to strip away what I had been taught. - Georgia O'Keeffe

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will have to ram it down their throats. - Howard Aiken

Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. - Oliver Wendell Holmes

War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children. - Jimmy Carter

Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events. - Sir Winston Churchill

Mar 11 06 03:11 pm Link

Model

threezerothreefoureight

Atlanta, Georgia, US

"when i die........ I want they bury me upside down, so my critics can kiss my ass"

-Bobby Knight

Mar 11 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Exile1

Simi Valley, California, US

"Eloquence is truth stated concisely" Chanakya.

Mar 11 06 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.

Mar 11 06 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

Homer

Los Angeles, California, US

To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
-Elbert Hubbard

The Great Black Things that have loomed against the horizon of my life, threatening to devour me, simply loomed and nothing more.
-Elbert Hubbard

I have failed my way to success.
-Thomas Edison.

I don't believe in supermodels, only in good people and good work.
-Homer

Mar 11 06 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

retphoto

Sunbury, Pennsylvania, US

"For me, photography is a craft and a pleasure. If it is an art, I call it a one-finger art because it is a medium of the eye and the spirit much more than of the hands."

Edwin G Snyder from the forword to "Woolf's England"

Mar 11 06 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

dame

New York, New York, US

I am America. I am the part you won't recognize. But get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me.
Muhammad Ali

If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.
Muhammad Ali

The man who has no imagination has no wings.
Muhammad Ali

stop crying, before i give you something to cry about.
my MAMA

Mar 11 06 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

"Anyone can piss on the floor, but it takes a man to shit on the ceiling"

unknown - bathroom - Brooklyn

Mar 11 06 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

"I am not looking for your style of pictures right now, thank you"
MM model

smile

Mar 11 06 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Burgos Photography

Washington, District of Columbia, US

"Pain make man think, thought make man wise, wisdom make life bearable."

-from Tea House of the August Moon/Marlon Brando

Mar 11 06 04:06 pm Link

Model

Lilly Ruiz

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

"Time is an invention.
Now is a reality.
So much creativity is happening for the simple reason that we have withdrawn ourselves from past and future.
Our whole energy remains blocked either in the past or in the future.
When you withdraw all your energy from past and future a tremendous explosion happens.
The explosion is creativity."

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams!
Live the life you've imagined.
As you simplify your life,the laws of the universe will be simpler;solitude will not be solitude,poverty will not be poverty,nor weakness weakness."
Henry D Thoreau

"Learn your lessons quickly and move on."
                                   Eileen Caddy

"Why destroy your present happiness by a distant misery which may never come at all?
For every substantial grief has 20 shadows and most of the shadows are of your own making"
           Sidney Smith

And one of my favorites:
"Everything that happens and everything that befalls us has a meaning,but it is often difficult to recognize it.
Also in the book of life every page has two sides:We human being fill the upper side with our plans,hopes and wishes,but Providence writes on the other side,and what it ordains is seldom our goal."
                          NISAMI

Mar 11 06 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

"I would never belong to any club that would have someone like me as a member."
-Woody Allen, Annie Hall

"Do unto others, then split."
-Unknown

"Ain't I a stinker?"
-Bugs Bunny

Mar 11 06 04:28 pm Link

Model

Lilly Ruiz

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

" LIFE IS LIKE A WILD TIGER.YOU CAN EITHER LIE DOWN AND LET IT LAY ITS PAWN ON YOUR HEAD-OR SIT ON ITS BACK AND RIDE IT."

"WHEN YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE REACHED THE END AND THAT YOU CANNOT GO ONE STEP FURTHER,WHEN LIFE SEEMS TO BE DRAINED OF ALL PURPOSE:WHAT A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY TO START ALL OVER AGAIN,TO TURN OVER A NEW PAGE."
           Eileen Caddy

Mar 11 06 04:33 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

"You miss 100% of the shots you never aim to take."
-Wayne Gretsky

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile."
-Roger Staubach

"Aerodynamically, the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly. . .but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway."
-Mary Kay Ash

"Security is a superstition-it does not exist in nature.  Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure."
-Helen Keller

and my FAVORITE
"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are."
-E.E. Cummings

Mar 11 06 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
"Anyone can piss on the floor, but it takes a man to shit on the ceiling"

unkwown - bathroom - Brooklyn

Remind me not to use the same bathrooms as you!

Mar 12 06 02:38 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Vegas Alien wrote:
"I would never belong to any club that would have someone like me as a member."
-Woody Allen, Annie Hall

Credit where credit is due, Woody swiped that one from Groucho Marx

Mar 12 06 02:39 am Link