Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Bull jive models

Photographer

E One

The Port City Prince wrote:

Perhaps they're thinking the EXACT same things about you.

*runs to the Critique forum...nope, nothing from the OP*

I dont bullshit...im straight up, thats why this is posted!!!

Sep 26 08 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Slusher

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Paul Begley Photography wrote:
Man dat be some jive talkin muddafukka.....git heea on ma lap bitch an ama gunna get me some sawcy piktchas...ana don ask me fo no muny aw ama gunna slap ya upside da head...yeahbitchdatsright.

I need an interpreter.

https://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/zaidenwinters/airplane7a.jpg

Model

LaLa4

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, US

E One wrote:

Because they bull shit and think their the shit!! Try again
!

So the answer can't possibly be because they don't want to work with you?!

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

E One wrote:

!

You really like that word don't you?

If you think "because they don't want to work with you" isn't straight up enough for you, the issue really isn't with the models honesty, but rather your grasp of the english language.

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

LaLa wrote:
So the answer can't possibly be because they don't want to work with you?!

Of course not.  Everyone wants to work with the OP.  Don't you? wink

Sep 26 08 06:49 pm Link

Model

Savvy O

New York, New York, US

E One wrote:

!

Are you saying I'm wrong and they do want to work with you???
hmm

Photographer

pullins photography

Troy, Michigan, US

Rachel Jay wrote:

So you'd rather hear:

"Sorry, your work blows and your attitude sucks.  I wouldn't work with you if you paid me $1000 an hour."

Than:

"Thanks for the interest, but I'm not looking to shoot the style you have in your portfolio right now."

honesty is the best policy...which is why this country is in the predicament it's in right now..mucho dishonesty. Models should be honest and say, "no, I'm not interested in working with you, but thanks anyway," rather than insult someone's intelligence with some cocakmamey story. Do you think a photographer's ego is so fragile you can't say "no" politely?

Photographer

E One

Rachel Jay wrote:

So you'd rather hear:

"Sorry, your work blows and your attitude sucks.  I wouldn't work with you if you paid me $1000 an hour."

Than:

"Thanks for the interest, but I'm not looking to shoot the style you have in your portfolio right now."

that's what I want to hear, but hearing this, Im only doing paid assignments and you know every photographer they work with doesnt pay them, that pisses me the fuck off,

instead say something logical!

Sep 26 08 06:50 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

E One wrote:
that's what I want to hear, but hearing this, Im only doing paid assignments and you know every photographer they work with doesnt pay them, that pisses me the fuck off,

How do you know every photographer they work with isn't paying them?

Sep 26 08 06:51 pm Link

Photographer

J Sharp

Sacramento, California, US

E One wrote:
be freakin honest, dont bullshit, dont copout ant shit, be straight up!

If you post in the Critique Section YOU WILL GET AN HONEST NO BULLSHIT ANSWER

Photographer

40Three Studios

Washington, Arkansas, US

pullins photography wrote:
Models should be honest and say, "no, I'm not interested in working with you, but thanks anyway," rather than insult someone's intelligence with some cocakmamey story. Do you think a photographer's ego is so fragile you can't say "no" politely?

As far as MM is concerned, there's enough photographers with hair-trigger egos and sensitivity to where it's necessary for a model to do exactly what Rachel suggested.

And I don't blame them. Kill 'em with kindness and professionalism. When you stoop to their level, you begin to smell like them.

Photographer

F Stop Photography

Boynton Beach, Florida, US

damn...where's that thread so frequently posted regarding Forum Suicide when I need it? Grrrrrrrr c'mon, anyone have that link for our friend J J?

Sep 26 08 06:52 pm Link

Model

LaLa4

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, US

Rachel Jay wrote:

Of course not.  Everyone wants to work with the OP.  Don't you? wink

Has he won the Powerball?

Model

Savvy O

New York, New York, US

E One wrote:

How do you know the past photographers haven't paid them?????
Is there some model mayhem lie detector test I don't know about???

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:
Bitter much? So ignore the model who's giving you a line of crap, and find one of the better more experienced models and pay them. Somethings are only learned the hard way.

If someone is not bitter already, all it can take is a few flakes to get them there.

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

honesty is the best policy...which is why this country is in the predicament it's in right now..mucho dishonesty. Models should be honest and say, "no, I'm not interested in working with you, but thanks anyway," rather than insult someone's intelligence with some cocakmamey story. Do you think a photographer's ego is so fragile you can't say "no" politely?

It's an even bigger problem when someone is told the truth and the person hearing it is so delusional that they think there must be a problem with that person.

Of course, the problem always exists with others. Wait, I'm sorry. Let me rephrase that...

"This world is shit cuz the bullshitters don't think they're bullshittin but that they're always being bullshittin'd upon."

Sep 26 08 06:53 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

The Port City Prince wrote:
There's enough photographers with hair-trigger egos and sensitivity to where it's necessary for a model to do exactly what Rachel suggested.

And I don't blame them. Kill 'em with kindness and professionalism. When you stoop to their level, you begin to smell like them.

Thanks.  And I agree.  And sometimes, even when you let someone down politely and professionally you get called names or worse :sigh:

Sep 26 08 06:53 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

LaLa wrote:
Has he won the Powerball?

lol I like you smile

Sep 26 08 06:54 pm Link

Model

LaLa4

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, US

E One wrote:

Rachel Jay wrote:
How do you know every photographer they work with isn't paying them?

QFT.

My portfolio says I'm only doing paid assignments. I could be getting paid in my rates or- gas money, wardrobe, etc.

And yes, I do do trades with exceptional people. However, everyone has a tendency to think they're exceptional. Therefore, I put, "Paid only" in my profile.

Sep 26 08 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

E One wrote:

The logic is that THOSE photographers are perceived as BETTER than you by those models.

Still having trouble?

Sep 26 08 06:55 pm Link

Photographer

Matt Knowles

Ferndale, California, US

bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit...

Sorry, I came in late and I have some catching up to do.

Model

LaLa4

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, US

Rachel Jay wrote:

lol I like you smile

wink

Model

Savvy O

New York, New York, US

yikes

Sep 26 08 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Let's see if we can simplify this...

Even though you're offering to pay models, they're making excuses why they don't want to work with you.

So, basically you can't give it away.

What can you infer from that that doesn't involve blaming someone else?

Sep 26 08 06:57 pm Link

Retoucher

ImagesRetouched

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Tangent:
They're = they are (contraction). ex: They're cute little bunnies.
There = a location. ex: Go over there.
Their = possessive. ex: That is their couch.

Now that we've got the grammar lesson of the day out of the way... have you even read any of the responses posted here? You want to know why models are telling you they aren't shooting but you find them shooting with other photographers. Post this same thing in the critique forum and you will find out why. No bullshit.

That said, a lot of models say they are currently not shooting - which really means they are currently not shooting with YOU. (Similar to the "I don't shoot nudes" rule). The photographers they are shooting with are probably: a) people they've worked with before and continue to creatively collaborate with, b) super incredibly mad talented and they'd have to be completely insane to say no to or c) paying them crazy amounts of money for images they feel are of high enough quality for them to agree to do the shoot.

If they aren't shooting with you, chances are you don't fit in one of these three categories.

Photographer

glamour pics

Los Angeles, California, US

E One wrote:
I have seen models who I emailed, and say there not shooting, but when you see them on someone elses page they like lets shoot agains sometime. Then you'll email them, they want to shot you a line of shit, as if they think there smart enough to know they haven't bullshitted anyone, knowing there just hurting themselves. Then they  are only doing  paid assignments but dont have much experience, maybe a in 1 or 2 publications and say I want to be paid. There are many more models who are much more experienced then you who deserve to be paid!!

Perhaps the models don't think your work is yet to the level that will enhance their portfolios. Perhaps they are put off by the language you use. Perhaps they wonder why the only samples you have are snapshots of big beauties. Perhaps your vicious tone and profanity frighten and repel them. Based on your language, they might even consider you less then genteel.

Photographer

pullins photography

Troy, Michigan, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

It's an even bigger problem when someone is told the truth and the person hearing it is so delusional that they think there must be a problem with that person.

Of course, the problem always exists with others. Wait, I'm sorry. Let me rephrase that...

"This world is shit cuz the bullshitters don't think they're bullshittin but that they're always being bullshittin'd upon."

if the models tell him that they're not interested, then the photog is screwed up if he can't face reality.. Problem is, how many "models" are honest enough to say no initially, but when it's shoot time, they back out with the lamest of excuses?
Oh and if anyone thinks backing out has to do with the quality of work, I know of way too many photogs here in MI who are tops in their field who have had cancellations with the most insipid of excuses.

Sep 26 08 06:58 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

LaLa wrote:
However, everyone has a tendency to think they're exceptional.

Are you bullshittin' me?

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

ImagesRetouched wrote:
Tangent:
They're = they are (contraction). ex: They're cute little bunnies.
There = a location. ex: Go over there.
Their = possessive. ex: That is their couch.

You're kidding right? Let's work on how to spell "bullshit" before we get into proper grammar lol.

Model

LaLa4

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, US

Rachel Jay wrote:

Are you bullshittin' me?

lol

Sep 26 08 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

J Sharp

Sacramento, California, US

F Stop Photography wrote:
damn...where's that thread so frequently posted regarding Forum Suicide when I need it? Grrrrrrrr c'mon, anyone have that link for our friend J J?

Pat must be busy today, so here it is:

PYPI FASHION wrote:
Welcome to Model Mayhem.
Some useful links to avoid Forum suicide:

Forum Rules
How to contact a moderator
Frequently asked questions
My quick advice to new models
More comprehensive advice for new models

Top ten newbie mistakes:

10. Spamming the forum with request for work or vote for me threads.
9. Cross posting the same post into multiple forums.
8. Not searching the forums before asking.
7. Assuming you will change established norms because you think you're special.
6. Embedding NSFW images in the forum or using one as an avatar.
5. Asking if this is a scam or posting warnings about scams. It's already been posted.
4. Submitting a post thinking you can delete a thread or the original post.
3. Posting without lurking to see the lay of the land.
2. Not taking advice when you have been clearly proven wrong.
1. Posting a rant of any kind and doing it in ALL CAPS.

Bonus: Posting a rant talking shit about someone thinking you will get everyone's support. .

Sep 26 08 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

if the models tell him that they're not interested, then the photog is screwed up if he can't face reality.. Problem is, how many "models" are honest enough to say no initially, but when it's shoot time, they back out with the lamest of excuses?
Oh and if anyone thinks backing out has to do with the quality of work, I know of way too many photogs here in MI who are tops in their field who have had cancellations with the most insipid of excuses.

But wouldn't they first have to agree to the concept of wanting to work with the photographer to ever qualify as a flake?

Photographer

glamour pics

Colleague, your language has upset my boss! Please moderate your tone lest you incur the royal wrath of The Beast from Burma.

https://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/davidka_01/-Natasha-snarling-Email-size.jpg

Photographer

F Stop Photography

Boynton Beach, Florida, US

Roy Rogers Theme Song

"Happy Trails to You" by Dale Evans

Some trails are Happy Trails,
Others are blue.
It's the way you ride the trail that counts.
Here's a Happy Trail for you!

Happy Trails to you, until we meet again
Happy Trails to you, keep smilin' until then...
Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.
Happy Trails to you, until we meet again..."

https://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/fstopphotography/roy-rogers.jpg

Sep 26 08 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

pullins photography

Troy, Michigan, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

But wouldn't they first have to agree to the concept of wanting to work with the photographer to ever qualify as a flake?

do you mean they are flakes for agreeing to work with the photography initially?

Sep 26 08 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Gregory Prescott Photo

This thread is freakin hilarious!!!  I can't stop laughing.  OP, you need to just learn to take a hint.  If a model doesn't want to work for you for free, a model doesn't want to work with you for free.  Simple as that.  Just move on to the next.  We all go through it.  Its part of the game.  Some models won't work for you for pay if they don't like your work.  Once you have quality work, you will get quality models.

Sep 26 08 07:03 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Well folks, it's time for me to head out and go have fondue smile  Someone PM me if the OP posts a thread in Critique, so I can give my as-promised, no-bullshit, honest-to-goodness critique big_smile Kthanksbai!

Sep 26 08 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

YZE Photography

Huntsville, Alabama, US

LaLa wrote:

Nope. Maybe someone was trying to be polite.

In all fairness to both sides, yes I've been through this. No, I don't go off the deep end about it. Yes it burns me, especially when the person they shot with doesn't produce good work, or every shoot that they do looks exactly alike. It pisses me off, but everyone has the right to choose for themselves. Some people like garbage. How else could people like Lil' Wayne eat? What I do take exception to is the way many models & photographers alike claim that a model that does this is trying to be nice. How insane! Repeatedly lying to someone = trying to be nice? Since when? Lying is one of the worst things possible. It's a way out for people that don't have the courage or decency to tell the truth or be real. I'd much rather hear "I don't really like your style, sorry" or "I don't think your quality/concepts are quite up to par." Those are NICE ways to let someone down. Lying is childish bs.

Sep 26 08 07:07 pm Link

Model

Janice Marie Foote

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
Problem is, how many "models" are honest enough to say no initially, but when it's shoot time, they back out with the lamest of excuses?

I say no ahead of time and always have 'cause that's just how I roll! Dig...

Sep 26 08 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

pullins photography

Troy, Michigan, US

YZE Photography wrote:

In all fairness to both sides, yes I've been through this. No, I don't go off the deep end about it. Yes it burns me, especially when the person they shot with doesn't produce good work, or every shoot that they do looks exactly alike. It pisses me off, but everyone has the right to choose for themselves. Some people like garbage. How else could people like Lil' Wayne eat? What I do take exception to is the way many models & photographers alike claim that a model that does this is trying to be nice. How insane! Repeatedly lying to someone = trying to be nice? Since when? Lying is one of the worst things possible. It's a way out for people that don't have the courage or decency to tell the truth or be real. I'd much rather hear "I don't really like your style, sorry" or "I don't think your quality/concepts are quite up to par." Those are NICE ways to let someone down. Lying is childish bs.

that's what I was saying...I cannot believe that people believe that a lie is better than the truth

Sep 26 08 07:10 pm Link