Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Bull jive models

Model

LaLa4

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, US

YZE Photography wrote:
In all fairness to both sides, yes I've been through this. No, I don't go off the deep end about it. Yes it burns me, especially when the person they shot with doesn't produce good work, or every shoot that they do looks exactly alike. It pisses me off, but everyone has the right to choose for themselves. Some people like garbage. How else could people like Lil' Wayne eat? What I do take exception to is the way many models & photographers alike claim that a model that does this is trying to be nice. How insane! Repeatedly lying to someone = trying to be nice? Since when? Lying is one of the worst things possible. It's a way out for people that don't have the courage or decency to tell the truth or be real. I'd much rather hear "I don't really like your style, sorry" or "I don't think your quality/concepts are quite up to par." Those are NICE ways to let someone down. Lying is childish bs.

pullins photography wrote:
that's what I was saying...I cannot believe that people believe that a lie is better than the truth

That's because you aren't a model, and you haven't been ripped apart by someone who is tripping off an ego burn.

I quoted rates to a photographer once (he contacted me to shoot, it said on my profile only paid shoots), and he proceeded to say the meanest things he could think of, simply because I told him what my rates were.

Sep 26 08 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

YZE Photography

Huntsville, Alabama, US

LaLa wrote:

YZE Photography wrote:
In all fairness to both sides, yes I've been through this. No, I don't go off the deep end about it. Yes it burns me, especially when the person they shot with doesn't produce good work, or every shoot that they do looks exactly alike. It pisses me off, but everyone has the right to choose for themselves. Some people like garbage. How else could people like Lil' Wayne eat? What I do take exception to is the way many models & photographers alike claim that a model that does this is trying to be nice. How insane! Repeatedly lying to someone = trying to be nice? Since when? Lying is one of the worst things possible. It's a way out for people that don't have the courage or decency to tell the truth or be real. I'd much rather hear "I don't really like your style, sorry" or "I don't think your quality/concepts are quite up to par." Those are NICE ways to let someone down. Lying is childish bs.

That's because you aren't a model, and you haven't been ripped apart by someone who is tripping off an ego burn.

I quoted rates to a photographer once (he contacted me to shoot, it said on my profile only paid shoots), and he proceeded to say the meanest things he could think of, simply because I told him what my rates were.

1)This has nothing to do with being a model or a photographer. It's about having integrity & being an honest human being.
2)I could go on & on about buying things for shoot or not scheduling a shoot because of another one, only to be stood up & lose money on all of it to match your "ripping apart". Hell, I've been "ripped apart" for my rates as well & my rates are WAY TOO LOW! Plus I've spend good money on equipment, something most "models" never take into consideration! I won't do any of that though, because your answer here shows that you've COMPLETELY missed the point, the only real point in this whole thread.

Sep 26 08 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

E One

pullins photography wrote:

that's what I was saying...I cannot believe that people believe that a lie is better than the truth

that's kinda where im getting at, why instead of telling me the truth you got to lie,and say some bull shit??

Sep 26 08 07:30 pm Link

Model

LaLa4

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, US

YZE Photography wrote:

1)This has nothing to do with being a model or a photographer. It's about having integrity & being an honest human being.
2)I could go on & on about buying things for shoot or not scheduling a shoot because of another one, only to be stood up & lose money on all of it to match your "ripping apart". Hell, I've been "ripped apart" for my rates as well & my rates are WAY TOO LOW! Plus I've spend good money on equipment, something most "models" never take into consideration! I won't do any of that though, because your answer here shows that you've COMPLETELY missed the point, the only real point in this whole thread.

I'm saying that MAYBE models are lying to this photographer because they don't want him to blow a fucking gasket and take it out on them.

Hell, that's what I'd think he was going to do if I told him the truth.

Sep 26 08 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

Sorry I'm late...

Has the train wrecked yet?

Sep 26 08 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

YZE Photography

Huntsville, Alabama, US

E One wrote:

that's kinda where im getting at, why instead of telling me the truth you got to lie,and say some bull shit??

I'm with you on that, but man-to-man, the GWC thing is likely to have turned some models off. It doesn't give them an excuse to lie, but liars don't need extra reasons to do so.

Sep 26 08 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

The Silencing Machine

South Amboy, New Jersey, US

lol

Sep 26 08 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

YZE Photography

Huntsville, Alabama, US

LaLa wrote:

I'm saying that MAYBE models are lying to this photographer because they don't want him to blow a fucking gasket and take it out on them.

Hell, that's what I'd think he was going to do if I told him the truth.

Not really. you said:

Yes. We shoot with the good dude for free. The ones who aren't up to par, we charge.

Get the hint yet?

That's quite different from what you're saying now. What you're saying now is better, but you can't offer up a lie because of what you think someone will do. Especially if you don't have any evidence of them doing that in the past. Maybe in person, if you had safety concerns, but these "ladies" do it on the phone, in emails & messages! What's that about?

Sep 26 08 07:44 pm Link

Model

LaLa4

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, US

YZE Photography wrote:
Not really. you said:

Yes. We shoot with the good dude for free. The ones who aren't up to par, we charge.

Get the hint yet?

That's quite different from what you're saying now. What you're saying now is better, but you can't offer up a lie because of what you think someone will do. Especially if you don't have any evidence of them doing that in the past. Maybe in person, if you had safety concerns, but these "ladies" do it on the phone, in emails & messages! What's that about?

I was offering a different theory. No, we don't know what they were thinking. I'm offering possibilities.

And yes, you can offer up a lie because of what you think someone will do. People do it all the time.

Sep 26 08 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

YZE Photography

Huntsville, Alabama, US

LaLa wrote:
I was offering a different theory. No, we don't know what they were thinking. I'm offering possibilities.

And yes, you can offer up a lie because of what you think someone will do. People do it all the time.

People: kill people every day.
           cheat every day.
           abuse kids every day.
           rape every day.
           smoke crack/meth every day.
           believe Bush, I mean, McCain every day.
           and so on.

I guess morality is gone. Just don't teach a child that something is ok because people do it everyday.

Sep 26 08 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

E One

YZE Photography wrote:

I'm with you on that, but man-to-man, the GWC thing is likely to have turned some models off. It doesn't give them an excuse to lie, but liars don't need extra reasons to do so.

It's like this, The model works with these high end photographers which I doubt pay the models because their work is so good they can girl like that. But they say I ONLY am accepting paid assignments, get the drift, it's like saying I make 8.00 bucks an hour but really you make 10.00 so thats bull shit!!!

Sep 26 08 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Preachers Photography

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

E One wrote:
It's like this, The model works with these high end photographers which I doubt pay the models because their work is so good they can girl like that. But they say I ONLY am accepting paid assignments, get the drift, it's like saying I make 8.00 bucks an hour but really you make 10.00 so thats bull shit!!!

Post a thread in the critique forum and you will get no bullshit. It is a no bullshit zone!

You can run to the end of the chain and bark or you can slip the collar and run with the big dogs.

Me, I'm a Chihuahua, but I am a Chihuahua with no chain.... smile smile

Sep 26 08 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

YZE Photography

Huntsville, Alabama, US

E One wrote:

Ok.

Sep 26 08 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

Yves Duchamp - Femme

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

What's with all the Paula Abdul references? I think I'm caught in a hit-and-run...

Sep 26 08 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

E One

Preachers Photography wrote:

Post a thread in the critique forum and you will get no bullshit. It is a no bullshit zone!

You can run to the end of the chain and bark or you can slip the collar and run with the big dogs.

just did

Sep 26 08 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

YZE Photography

Huntsville, Alabama, US

That's a self portrait. I checked. You're no Chihuahua! Akita maybe.

Sep 26 08 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Yves Duchamp - Femme

E One wrote:

just did

Awwww girrrrrrrl!!!

Sep 26 08 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Preachers Photography

YZE Photography wrote:

That's a self portrait. I checked. You're no Chihuahua! Akita maybe.

*Shhhhhhh*

I like to think I am more like a Fila Brasileiros, so ugly I almost make it back around to cute... but not quite.

Sep 26 08 08:07 pm Link

Retoucher

ImagesRetouched

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=351124

...this is going to be interesting!

Sep 26 08 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

E One wrote:
But they say I ONLY am accepting paid assignments, get the drift, it's like saying I make 8.00 bucks an hour but really you make 10.00 so thats bull shit!!!

Winner! ...of the Anti-Analogy-Of-The-Month Award. smile

Sep 26 08 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

Yves Duchamp - Femme

E One wrote:
But they say I ONLY am accepting paid assignments, get the drift, it's like saying I make 8.00 bucks an hour but really you make 10.00 so thats bull shit!!!

Paul Bryson Photography wrote:

SRSLY. Like, what does that even mean?

Sep 26 08 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

YZE Photography

Huntsville, Alabama, US

*Shhhhhhh*

I like to think I am more like a Fila Brasileiros, so ugly I almost make it back around to cute... but not quite.

A hard working guard dog. I can see that.

Sep 26 08 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

YZE Photography

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Paul Bryson Photography wrote:

LMAO! I almost corrected it, but could only say ok.

Sep 26 08 08:14 pm Link

Model

au revoir

New York, New York, US

LaLa wrote:

QFT

I'll give you my opinion too.

Third....

Sep 26 08 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

ImagesRetouched wrote:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=351124

...this is going to be interesting!

Hahaha, I beat ya to the first reply. tongue

Model

au revoir

New York, New York, US

Shon D Photography wrote:
/thread

lmao

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

Shon D Photography wrote:

SRSLY. Like, what does that even mean?

Don't ask, cause he sure as fuck can't tell. lol

Sep 26 08 08:16 pm Link

Model

au revoir

New York, New York, US

E One wrote:
there gonna try to shoot me some shit, I dont like bull shit.

So apparently anything shy of an ass-kissing positive critique = bullsh*t.

.....Yeah.....they probably will.  *shrug*

Sep 26 08 08:19 pm Link

Model

au revoir

New York, New York, US

J Sharp Photography wrote:

+1

This is too ridiculous to be real.

No...some people really do start sh*t this dumb..... roll

Sep 26 08 08:20 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

I have to put down the wine.

I so thought "Bull Jive Models" was an agency lol

Sep 26 08 08:22 pm Link

Model

Mischa Marie

Sacramento, California, US

This is bullshit yall. Hahahaha

Sep 26 08 08:22 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Rachel Jay wrote:
Ok, one, calm the fuck down.

Win.

Sep 26 08 08:23 pm Link

Model

Ka dence

Dayton, Ohio, US

lol lol lol lol

Sep 26 08 08:25 pm Link

Model

Ka dence

Dayton, Ohio, US

Daniela Victoria  wrote:

lol

Sep 26 08 08:25 pm Link

Model

Mischa Marie

Blah blah blah bullshit. Thats all i get from this.

Sep 26 08 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

YZE Photography

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Daniela Victoria  wrote:

Now my ribs hurt.

Sep 26 08 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

YZE Photography

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Mischa4 wrote:
Blah blah blah bullshit. Thats all i get from this.

It was delivered badly, but there is some truth to it. You'll have to go through the thread if you care to understand, but I'd understand if you don't.

Sep 26 08 08:29 pm Link

Model

au revoir

New York, New York, US

:giggle:  I knew there was another one out there! wink

Oops!!

/threadjack

Sep 26 08 08:36 pm Link

Model

Mischa Marie

YZE Photography wrote:

It was delivered badly, but there is some truth to it. You'll have to go through the thread if you care to understand, but I'd understand if you don't.

I wasnt talking about the thread itself, I was talking about the word "bullshit" I think I read it 736 time hahaha.

Sep 26 08 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

Preachers Photography

Adah Hagen wrote:
:giggle:  I knew there was another one out there! wink

Oops!!

/threadjack

This is me.... wink

https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/preacherspulpit/Pets/Lupe2.jpg

Sep 26 08 08:38 pm Link