Forums > Events > SNAPMUP.com-Meetup/Shootout-MAR 26 -5kSqFt - NJ

Photographer

Taryn True

Union City, New Jersey, US

oh look whats that...it's f347495745kin sunny out today...

;D

Mar 27 09 06:20 am Link

Model

Kat Livingston

Brooklyn, New York, US

Wow! I want to thank you Tarilyn, and everyone else for the amazing event last night! It was incredible getting to meet and work with such talented people! Everyone looked amazing and the designs by Rana were just gorgeous! It was quite a production, and I'm so happy I was able to be a part of it! Thank you so much!! smile

Mar 27 09 06:48 am Link

Model

Rebecca Marchand

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Last night was fantastic!  It was more than I thought it would be, and getting to meet / work with great photographers and models in one place as really great.  I can't wait for the next one!

Mar 27 09 09:02 am Link

Makeup Artist

LA Make Up

Bridgewater, New Jersey, US

Tarilyn deserves a standing ovation for putting together an amazing event last night. It was awesome to be included and I had the honor of making up the stunning Kat Livingston! I'm really looking forward to Sunday.
You rocked it girl! Sending some love your way!
xxx ooo

Mar 27 09 10:05 am Link

Photographer

Art Of Imaging

Brooklyn, New York, US

awesome event, i met many cool people and a few people i talk to all the time on MM i finally put their ugly faces with a name tongue  lol

Mar 27 09 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Taryn True

yesterday was so much fun but such a blur. now, i cant remember half the people i met. i was literally starring at people's faces, completely off in another world thinking about the next thing i had to do!

Mar 27 09 11:54 am Link

Model

Zoe SS

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Last night was so much fun! I'm so glad I got to meet so many amazing people, see lovely familiar faces and rock the most gorgeous outfit on the runway. 

Can't wait for the next one.

xoxo

Mar 27 09 12:22 pm Link

Model

Keycifer Black

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I hada  great time !
Anyone with pictures of  me should send them my way smile I can't wait to see everyone's work!

Mar 27 09 12:37 pm Link

Model

Gigi Wilde

Wayne, New Jersey, US

Key wrote:
I hada  great time !
Anyone with pictures of  me should send them my way smile I can't wait to see everyone's work!

Same here, things happened so quickly and I didn't get to exchange contact info with the photographers who got pictures of me. I'd love to see them, even though I forgot to take off that wristband haha.. how annoying!

Mar 27 09 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Taryn True

usually people start uploading during the first week after each event.
you have to leave room for daytime jobs, weekend fun and sitting down to edit.

Mar 27 09 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Cohn

Just waking up from my Nyquil based Coma. I guess i was sick and didn't really realize it last night, great meeting all those who I met, anyone I meant to meet and didn't, Sorry, next time smile

Great job Tarilyn smile

Mar 27 09 02:27 pm Link

Model

ForesT

Brooklyn, New York, US

it was super fun doing the runway and meeting friends i havent seen in a while, i missed them!

Mar 27 09 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

Art Of Imaging

Brooklyn, New York, US

ForesT wrote:
it was super fun doing the runway and meeting friends i havent seen in a while, i missed them!

*cough cough*

and meeting new friends/hookah/sushi/karaoke buddy big_smile

Mar 27 09 03:22 pm Link

Model

SerenaTC

My sister and I had a blast! It was great and we can't wait until the next one. Thank you Tarilyn, it was amazing!

Mar 27 09 04:17 pm Link

Model

ForesT

Brooklyn, New York, US

Craziest Benny wrote:

*cough cough*

and meeting new friends/hookah/sushi/karaoke buddy big_smile

yesssss! and still having that damn butt song stuck in my head!

Mar 27 09 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

Taryn True

scheer00 wrote:
My sister and I had a blast! It was great and we can't wait until the next one. Thank you Tarilyn, it was amazing!

oh man, i wish i had run into you! sunday right?

Mar 27 09 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

Taryn True

ForesT wrote:

yesssss! and still having that damn butt song stuck in my head!

i have your coat!

Mar 27 09 06:14 pm Link

Model

YuffieBunny

Secaucus, New Jersey, US

last nite was a lot of fun! if any of you got shots of me and my crazy pink lashes send 'em over!

Mar 27 09 06:44 pm Link

Model

Marcia Wood

New York, New York, US

It was cool to see some familiar faces and to meet Benny!

Mar 27 09 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Anselpixel

Atlanta, Georgia, US

This event was hard to get to, and cost me quite a lot between car rentals, hotel, meals and other incidentals.
When I arrived, the place was a madhouse.
It was ten o'clock and there was no drink service left except for some warm beer.  We hadn't eaten for hours, and there wasn't a snack in sight.
I found a place to sit and was exiled a few minutes later.
I never found another place to sit down, and eventually went to my car and sat until the models decided to leave.
After another hour on the nightmarish roadways of New Jersey, we arrived at our hotel and went to bed.
I know this was all a "snap" for locals, and amateur photographers typically behave badly when shooting too few models in too small a space.  That being said, I can say without any doubt it wasn't a good venue to advertise as a national event.
It just wasn't ready for prime time.
Sorry, but somebody has to tell you.

Mar 27 09 06:53 pm Link

Model

ForesT

Brooklyn, New York, US

TarilynQuinn wrote:

i have your coat!

oh goddamnit thats right! ok sunday i will write on my hand so i wont forget

Mar 27 09 06:59 pm Link

Model

Red Rhapsody

Toms River, New Jersey, US

Anselpixel wrote:
It was ten o'clock and there was no drink service left except for some warm beer.

I must say I was very unhappy with the bar service as I'm sure everyone else was.

But other than that I had a great time catching up and meeting new people.

Mar 27 09 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

Shane Perez

Brooklyn, New York, US

Pretty good time at the actual event, although it was kind of a maze trying to find the actual place in that area. I was pretty sad about all beer + alcohol being completely gone before 10:30. I hope the bartender was being compensated besides tips, cause that's the person that probably sucked for the most. She was super cute too! I mean really, it's in jersey, I'm sure there was someone with a car that coulda made a run for more alcohol.

Mar 27 09 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Taryn True

the studio had promised signs to the place, which was never done besides 2 signs that no one could see.

we'll be more prepaid with food and beverage next time, def more prepared. and i'll personally see to it that we will have more printed signs for directions outside as well.

i always take note of any kinks and work very hard to fix them.

Mar 27 09 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Cohn

TarilynQuinn wrote:
the studio had promised signs to the place, which was never done besides 2 signs that no one could see.

we'll be more prepaid with food and beverage next time, def more prepared. and i'll personally see to it that we will have more printed signs for directions outside as well.

i always take note of any kinks and work very hard to fix them.

I know ya do! You did a great job despite all the issues raised above, its a HUGE event to coordinate and any event this size is gonna be wrought with issues both predictable and others. The biggest suggestion I have (Which SnapM has done before) is Name tags. Obviously I understand tables didnt arrive, which is the best way for people to find others and view their work, but name tags would have resolved the anonymity issue as well. Although I am a social creature I am sometimes overwhelmed and not all that outgoing in large groups.

I was at another networking event that recently (Which sucked compared to snapM) but did do the name tag things perfectly. They had pre-printed tags with "Photographer", "Model", "Makeup artist" etc at the door on a table, you walked in, took yours and sharpied on your name. Wasn't fancy but definitely worked well. Colored paper would be even better.

2 or three giant tables for people to put down their portfolio's would also be great, chaotic perhaps, but if they were in different area's I think that'd work.

Jeff

Mar 27 09 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Corwin Prescott II

that was a ballin time i can't wait to be part of the next one

Mar 27 09 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

Taryn True

Jeff Cohn::X-Pose.net:: wrote:
I know ya do! You did a great job despite all the issues raised above, its a HUGE event to coordinate and any event this size is gonna be wrought with issues both predictable and others. The biggest suggestion I have (Which SnapM has done before) is Name tags. Obviously I understand tables didnt arrive, which is the best way for people to find others and view their work, but name tags would have resolved the anonymity issue as well. Although I am a social creature I am sometimes overwhelmed and not all that outgoing in large groups.

I was at another networking event that recently (Which sucked compared to snapM) but did do the name tag things perfectly. They had pre-printed tags with "Photographer", "Model", "Makeup artist" etc at the door on a table, you walked in, took yours and sharpied on your name. Wasn't fancy but definitely worked well. Colored paper would be even better.

2 or three giant tables for people to put down their portfolio's would also be great, chaotic perhaps, but if they were in different area's I think that'd work.

Jeff

lol, i had free lanyards and plastic tags with papers for people to write their names on at the front table. i guess we'll make it more noticeable next time?

i'll have more tables next time, definitely.

Mar 27 09 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Corwin Prescott II

who is going to fess up to owning the white saturn

Mar 27 09 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Cohn

TarilynQuinn wrote:

lol, i had free lanyards and plastic tags with papers for people to write their names on at the front table. i guess we'll make it more noticeable next time?

i'll have more tables next time, definitely.

DOH!

Mar 27 09 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Thanks TQ and Studio 6.  An excellent event with excellent peeps.

Mar 27 09 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

Photos by Lemuel

I had an amazing time. I saw and met some amazing models. I got to watch some great photographers. This is was the most fun I had in a long time.
https://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/94/l_4e00f6db4c084bb78e7be3f4bb59d8af.jpg

Mar 27 09 10:37 pm Link

Model

Gigi Wilde

Wayne, New Jersey, US

Anselpixel wrote:
This event was hard to get to, and cost me quite a lot between car rentals, hotel, meals and other incidentals.
It was ten o'clock and there was no drink service left except for some warm beer.  We hadn't eaten for hours, and there wasn't a snack in sight.
I never found another place to sit down, and eventually went to my car and sat until the models decided to leave.
After another hour on the nightmarish roadways of New Jersey, we arrived at our hotel and went to bed.
I know this was all a "snap" for locals, and amateur photographers typically behave badly when shooting too few models in too small a space.  That being said, I can say without any doubt it wasn't a good venue to advertise as a national event.

I'm so sorry you didn't have a better time. If you were still in the area I'd promise to show you some good shooting locations in Jersey so it wouldn't have all been a bust.

I wish I could have met you while you were there.

Mar 28 09 02:51 am Link

Model

Gigi Wilde

Wayne, New Jersey, US

Jeff Cohn::X-Pose.net:: wrote:

Jeff

Very true, I felt *very* awkward approaching photographers with no talking points to start with since I had no idea who they were, and most photographers on here don't have their picture on their profile. The bartender did a great job considering her predicament, she was very friendly.

Mar 28 09 02:54 am Link

Model

Gigi Wilde

Wayne, New Jersey, US

Corwin Prescott II wrote:

Oh God lol

Mar 28 09 02:55 am Link

Model

Rachel Dashae

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Corwin Prescott II wrote:

How about Jer had almost convinced me that it was my car that was in the way the next day, wth.

Anyways, it was amazing meeting everyone, so much talent there, I got to meet a lot of people I've always wanted to. :] So thanks for everything Tarilyn, it was a blasty blast, even if I was running a little ragged by the end of the night.

Oh, and it was awesome seeing a lot of faces I hadn't seen in a while. big_smile You know who you are!

Mar 28 09 06:01 am Link

Photographer

Taryn True

Gigi Wilde wrote:

Very true, I felt *very* awkward approaching photographers with no talking points to start with since I had no idea who they were, and most photographers on here don't have their picture on their profile. The bartender did a great job considering her predicament, she was very friendly.

steve prue of team rockstar managed to capture a lot of portraits of the photogs.
perhaps a printer and station for the photogs to take their own portrait and print it out?

Mar 28 09 06:50 am Link

Photographer

Taryn True

Anselpixel wrote:

i'd like to address your issues, because i am very much aware of them.

- i'm sorry about nj roadways, i guess when you live here it's easier to understand how the signs work?

- we did have light snacks out, but they were lollipops and such, perhaps next time we can get some pizza or subs? i didn't think a lot of people would want to eat full meals.

- the drinks will be in plentiful next time. i really really really didn't expect to sell out by 10:30.  we had stocked a lot.

- the lounge had to be cleared because we needed to make an annoucement about a couple of cars that were blocking an unexpected late night truck from leaving.
next time we will have parking attendees outside directing cars. there are two other lots people didn't know about as well. shortly after, everyone was allowed back in.

this was the first event in this location, but all of these issues can be solved for the next one without a problem.

for the next event, we are oping up space in the back for a larger makeup/changing room as well as allowing more space for more free for all stations since that's a big hit.

SO NEXT EVENT
- larger changing/makeup room
- more portfolio tables
- more free shooting stations & lighting
- more food and drink

Mar 28 09 07:13 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Bodi

East Northport, New York, US

I was stuck in the lounge area shooting video most of the evening but still had a good time. It was nice seeing a lot of familiar faces and meeting a few new people. I also wanted to say that Raquel Reed did a great job interviewing people and was great to work with on that. Benny's cell phone ringers will be stuck in my head for days now .

Mar 28 09 07:27 am Link

Model

SerenaTC

TarilynQuinn wrote:

oh man, i wish i had run into you! sunday right?

Sunday it is!

Mar 28 09 08:03 am Link

Photographer

Tat Leong

New York, New York, US

Tarilyn, it was a pleasure meeting you and thank you for all your hard work putting this event together !!

Here's a quickie from the event, forgot to get the model's name, duh smile
https://www.tatleong.com/images/gallery/Snap_4825_web.jpg

Mar 28 09 11:35 am Link