This thread was locked on 2009-05-10 17:49:22
Forums > General Industry > In Memory - George Hoffmann, Onyx Photography

Model

Megan Evans

Richmond, Virginia, US

I wanted to pass on something I received from another modeling site.  I never had the pleasure of working with him, but his work is awesome.  His MM # is 58112.

"IN MEMORY

It is with deep regret that we announce the passing of longtime One Model Place member and dear friend George Hoffmann of Onyx Photography (Member #98981 - http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?P_ID=98981). He was a true artist who brought creativity and imagination to each photo shoot, in a style that was uniquely his own. His images graced the covers and pages of many glamour magazines and fitness publications. You can see more of his work at http://www.onyxphotography.com.

George had the pleasure and privilege of working with some of the most talented models in the industry, many of them OMP members. He also photographed celebrities including pro tennis player Venus Williams, actress Cherie Johnson, Kaki West, and Pitbull.

One Model Place will be leaving up Onyx's portfolio so that members and fans can enjoy his amazing work. Please feel free to add image and portfolio comments in honor of this great artist. If you have any personal stories or memories you wish to share, please email Elias at [email protected]."

Jan 16 09 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

GW Burns

Sarasota, Florida, US

May you find the peace that eluded you on this earth George.  You touched so many in this industry with your talent, I only wish you understood your impact.  I am saddened at one of my peers passing.  God Speed George.
GW

Jan 16 09 01:46 pm Link

Model

Carmen Mia

New York, New York, US

*prayers*

Jan 16 09 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

RIP George...  Such a pity to lose a wonderful talent. I hope you have found your peace.

Jan 16 09 02:27 pm Link

Model

Solstice Rain

Davenport, Florida, US

Sad. I didn't know him but it looks like a losse of great talent. Peace and rest

Jan 16 09 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

oh wow!  I've seen his work probably ever since I got into this.  He's always has beautiful bikini shots for me to admire! sad

Jan 16 09 03:44 pm Link

Model

amanda logue

Albany, California, US

Such a very talented photographer...I had hoped to one day work with him...Both him and his work will be missed...RIP George Hoffmann

Jan 16 09 07:49 pm Link

Filmmaker

Image Video

North Canton, Ohio, US

truly a great loss!!!

Jan 16 09 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

Rav Holly

Los Angeles, California, US

I heard the news early this morning, so, so, sorry to hear it. RIP GEORGE...you were truly one of the Kings of Glamour Photography.

Jan 16 09 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

Vizual Synergi Imaging

Aspen Hill, Maryland, US

May he be in a better place... What a tremendous loss, he will be truly missed!

Jan 16 09 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

got the same email

We have often shot some of the same girls...never got the chance to meet him
anyone know what or how he passed ?

Jan 16 09 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Modelsensation

Santa Monica, California, US

...there will never be another, my friend you will be missed...and never forgotten...I still can't believe this news...

Jan 16 09 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Alan

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Never met him and I wish I had....he captured the eyes of beauty in a HAUNTING way. Inspirational work and motivating. Very sad, best wishes to his family and friends.

Dave

Jan 16 09 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

j3_photo

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I just saw Mandy Lynn post on her status about his passing...she worked with him....sad day
RIP George

Jan 16 09 10:35 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

A terrible loss of a great photographer, I was always an admirer of his work.
May he rest in peace and my condolences to his family and friends for their loss.

Jan 16 09 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

Beyond Vanilla

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

The artistic and technical qualities of George's work is something we all can aspire to. I've often looked at his images and asked myself, "How did he do that?" I guess I will never know. His mastery of lighting, posing, and editing, I will continue to admire. RIP George.

Jan 16 09 10:59 pm Link

Photographer

ANTHONY NESTE

Flagler Beach, Florida, US

I was always an admirer of his work. God bless the loved ones he left behind.

Jan 16 09 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

Danny Does Glamour

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'm extremely saddened by this news. George was someone I admired for a long time. His unmistakable style has always been an interesting mystery to me. We shot many of the same models and I know he will be missed by those who knew him personally and through his work.

Danny

Jan 16 09 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Holy F........
Sad the world loses such a talent....
RIP

Jan 16 09 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

J Jeffreys

Atlanta, Georgia, US

RIP

Jan 16 09 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

Does anyone know how such a fantastic talent was lost so sudden?

Jan 16 09 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Ferradas

San Jose, California, US

This is really sad.. Rest in peace my friend.

Jan 17 09 12:09 am Link

Photographer

Ruben Vasquez

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Man... He was such an inspiration to sooo many photographers. I have always admired his unmistakeable style and had hoped that one day I could train under him. I never knew him but I miss him. Rest in peace my friend. You wont be forgotten.

Jan 17 09 01:40 am Link

Model

Malloy Martini

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I feel like we've lost two people from the MM family too soon....I hope the best for both their families....

Jan 17 09 02:22 am Link

Photographer

fbimagery

New Liskeard, Ontario, Canada

Dont get me wrong....I am saddened by the passing...I just wonder why people come out of the woodwork when someone dies and say nice things....instead of saying them to the person while they are around?
When my mother passed, I was 22. At her funeral, I met relatives I never knew for the first time.....I told them all if they can not make time to say hello while I am alive, dont bother saying goodbye when I am dead.

Jan 17 09 02:28 am Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

https://img6.modelmayhem.com/070222/09/45ddaaf9e2a68_m.jpg  https://modelmayhm-2.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080605/16/48484cdcdf695_m.jpg

Jan 17 09 02:49 am Link

Photographer

Mgaphoto

San Diego, California, US

Dave Wright Photo SF wrote:
https://img6.modelmayhem.com/070222/09/45ddaaf9e2a68_m.jpg  https://modelmayhm-2.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080605/16/48484cdcdf695_m.jpg

Sad! I always admired his style

Jan 17 09 03:02 am Link

Photographer

Danny Does Glamour

Atlanta, Georgia, US

fbimagery wrote:
Dont get me wrong....I am saddened by the passing...I just wonder why people come out of the woodwork when someone dies and say nice things....instead of saying them to the person while they are around?
When my mother passed, I was 22. At her funeral, I met relatives I never knew for the first time.....I told them all if they can not make time to say hello while I am alive, dont bother saying goodbye when I am dead.

Perhaps it is only when someone passes that people stop long enough to think about what that person really meant to them or reflect on how their lives were affected by that person.

Jan 17 09 03:14 am Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Take a minute to send a few messages to photographers you admire. smile

Jan 17 09 03:20 am Link

Photographer

fbimagery

New Liskeard, Ontario, Canada

Dave Wright Photo SF wrote:
Take a minute to send a few messages to photographers you admire. smile

Bingo.
and this goes for everyone who has touched your life in a positive way. Life is too short, and Death comes unexpectedly to some, and how much effort is it to send  an email or message or even say hello to someone whom you feel has enriched your life at any point?....

Jan 17 09 04:15 am Link

Photographer

John Fiore Photography

Certainly one of the best out there with such a distinct unique style. George, you work will be missed and thank you for helping me with some advise with one of my models.

Jan 17 09 04:21 am Link

Photographer

Digitoxin

Denver, Colorado, US

Very sad.  I always admired his work.

Jan 17 09 05:32 am Link

Retoucher

A Creative Niche

Atlanta, Georgia, US

My prayers are with his family and friends...he will be missed as his work was one of the best!

Jan 17 09 05:37 am Link

Photographer

pullins photography

Troy, Michigan, US

Megan Evans wrote:
I wanted to pass on something I received from another modeling site.  I never had the pleasure of working with him, but his work is awesome.  His MM # is 58112.

"IN MEMORY

It is with deep regret that we announce the passing of longtime One Model Place member and dear friend George Hoffmann of Onyx Photography (Member #98981 - http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?P_ID=98981). He was a true artist who brought creativity and imagination to each photo shoot, in a style that was uniquely his own. His images graced the covers and pages of many glamour magazines and fitness publications. You can see more of his work at http://www.onyxphotography.com.

George had the pleasure and privilege of working with some of the most talented models in the industry, many of them OMP members. He also photographed celebrities including pro tennis player Venus Williams, actress Cherie Johnson, Kaki West, and Pitbull.

One Model Place will be leaving up Onyx's portfolio so that members and fans can enjoy his amazing work. Please feel free to add image and portfolio comments in honor of this great artist. If you have any personal stories or memories you wish to share, please email Elias at [email protected]."

My condolences to his family and friends..His talents will definitely be missed sad

Jan 17 09 05:40 am Link

Model

SheaLee

Cookeville, Tennessee, US

A talent lost but his inspirations will be remembered.  So sad.....prayers go out to his family...God speed

Jan 17 09 05:40 am Link

Photographer

pullins photography

Troy, Michigan, US

fbimagery wrote:

there are people who come into our lives, that we often think about, yet don't always have the time to keep in touch with on a daily basis..were we to do that, we would never get anything done.
The whole grieving process is probably three fold...one, to remember, one to regret one what and will be missed, and third, a reminder of our own mortality.
However, there is no reason to say bad things about someone once they're gone..if there's nothing nice to say, then don't say anything I would think/

Jan 17 09 05:46 am Link

Model

Selena St James

RIP George you and your talent will be missed.  My thought and prayers go out to him and his family!

Jan 17 09 06:58 am Link

Photographer

Nightwing Photo

Columbus, Ohio, US

I have been unable to find any details of this news on any other source on the web. Does anybody have further information?

Jan 17 09 07:34 am Link

Model

ariana fromtoronto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Oh no sad... i wwanted to work with him so much!.. This is such a great loss..

Jan 17 09 07:51 am Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

R.I.P. George

Jan 17 09 08:05 am Link