Forums > General Industry > TFP and poor negoiating...

Model

BQueenGirl

Belleville, Michigan, US

Posted by Cameron Watson: 
I recently commented to a fitness model, I liked her look and considering I was expanding my fitness portfolio if there was anything I could do for her ...let me know.

She replied, she 'loved' my work and 'couldnt wait to work with me'.
then said her rates were $100 per hour, needed edited images and all raw material... was this acceptable?

Shocked, I said it wasnt acceptable and wished her luck after I suggested I wouldnt work for free let alone less than free...

I was told my answer was harsh and not in the spirit of negoiation...

Can anyone out ther tell me who is daffed here... I am new to this business but not business in general. I am not used to going to work and then having to pay for the privilege ...

Generally, I get annoyed when photographers solict me, such as when telemarketers call my office.

Models will come to you, do not worry smile

Jul 14 05 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

Don't think I've ever had exactly this problem... but I do wish people would negotiate as clearly and concisely as possible.  I'm having trouble understanding why the average corporate meeting takes about three e-mails to schedule and confirm, yet most exchanges between photographers and models seem to go back and forth forever.

So look at the bright side, at least she told you what she wanted and didn't waste too much of your time?

Jul 15 05 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Andre Knudsen

REGO PARK, New York, US

She replied, she 'loved' my work and 'couldnt wait to work with me'.
then said her rates were $100 per hour, needed edited images and all raw material... was this acceptable?

If you pay a model, she is not entitled to anything more than her rate. This is like going to McDonalds to buy a meal and the person who hands it to you asks for a bite.

Usually if you pay a model you get a fulll release signed and as a bonus to her you give her a few images.

Jul 15 05 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

Andre Knudsen

REGO PARK, New York, US

Generally, I get annoyed when photographers solict me, such as when telemarketers call my office.

Models will come to you, do not worry smile

How do you expect to get work if you don't want photographers to contact you?

Jul 15 05 09:16 pm Link