Forums > General Industry > Copyright question

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I would just like to point out that nothing in this thread so far contradicts my first post! :-P

Jul 15 05 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Posted by theda: 

No, I said a commissioned piece was not automatically considered work for hire.

You specifically said it could not be one time thing, repeatedly, in no modifying context, in an attmept to prove Aaron wrong about something irrelevent just becauser you seem to enjoy that sort of thing.

Theda, No.
Read the thread again.
You pick and choose.

Here, If it makes your pathetic little ego feel better. Let me say:

I WAS WRONG. I SHOULD HAVE SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT A ONE TIME THING WITHOUT A CONTRACT THAT SAYS WORK FOR HIRE IS NOT WORK FOR HIRE BECAUSE PEOPLE WITH SMALL MINDS CAN NOT FOLLOW WHAT WAS BEING DISCUSSED IN IT'S TOTALITY!

There! Happy.
Go away now.
You annoy me!

We already stated anything can be stated in a contract.
Aaron stated that a commissioned work was automatically a work for hire.
I figure, anyone with a little commonsense would know that a. A contract can say anything.
b. That since we already discussed that possibility and that aaron's statement was blanket, not specific, That you could put one and one together.

Obviously not.

Work for hire is NEVER a one time thing, Unless, As stated earlier in the thread, You ahve a contract, Which by the way can say anything, which states it is a work for Hire.

Happy now.
Take your hormone shot!

Jul 15 05 12:22 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I annoy you? How dare I read what you wrote instead of what you meant! How dare I not read your statement in the contxt of something you seem to recall saying a few months ago!

Jul 15 05 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Posted by Ty Simone: 

Ok theda, now I need permission to go back to calling an asshole an asshole, or maybe just a dumbfuck, how would that be?

Ty, I've never said any such thing in my entire life you incredibly intelligent and wonderful human being you! Let me just say, I hold you in the highest esteem! However I'm going to consider suing you for libel over that comment! smile

Ty I've understood the work for hire provisions completely ever since I first became aware of them many years ago because, well, because I don't have the reading comprehension problems some others around here do....  I've never said anything remotely as stupid as what you accuse me of here. I can't say the same about... uh, some of us here though! Apologize and admit to being a lying liar who lies, RIGHT NOW!

Jul 15 05 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

I just wanted to thank the responders for making me laugh.

Quite funny,  jolly good show.

Jul 15 05 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Posted by Aaron_H: 

Posted by Ty Simone: 

Ok theda, now I need permission to go back to calling an asshole an asshole, or maybe just a dumbfuck, how would that be?

Ty, I've never said any such thing in my entire life you incredibly intelligent and wonderful human being you! Let me just say, I hold you in the highest esteem! However I'm going to consider suing you for libel over that comment! smile

Ty I've understood the work for hire provisions completely ever since I first became aware of them many years ago because, well, because I don't have the reading comprehension problems some others around here do....  I've never said anything remotely as stupid as what you accuse me of here. I can't say the same about... uh, some of us here though! Apologize and admit to being a lying liar who lies, RIGHT NOW!

I apologize, You are absolutely right!
The comment was not made by you, It was Made by Gary Davis.
I apologize.
I missed that when oing through the post where the quotes were sio screwed up I could barely follow it.

Again, I apologize.

Even Theda thought I was referring to what you had said. :-)

Theda.
You keep right on spinning dear.
I will again edit my statement for you.
How is this:

With the Exception noted in section 102(2) which does not apply to photography except where it deals with compilations and such, and short of someone using the term in a contract to attempt to get the benefits of a work for hire, Work for hire can no be a one time shot.
sound better?

I apologize for again assuming you had a little bit of intelligence in that once it was established that contractually you can do anything, that I need not make that exception in my statement.

Jul 15 05 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Posted by Ty Simone: 
I apologize, You are absolutely right!
The comment was not made by you, It was Made by Gary Davis.
I apologize.
I missed that when oing through the post where the quotes were sio screwed up I could barely follow it.

Again, I apologize.

Ok, thanks. I'll adjust you to being a mistaken mistaker who mistook in that instance.

I know I messed up some quoting on a few posts and I haven't fixed them yet. I don't know if that comment was in one of my posts anyway, too tired to look.

Jul 16 05 03:42 am Link