Forums > General Industry > People that don't read a member's profile....

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by MichaelBell: 
That is not what I meant, that is all fine and good. What I was refering to is photogs who contact a model and start asking them if they are single or asking them out on a date right off the bat with someone they dont know.

Sounds like some people are treating this like some kind of dating service, I'm just saying to show a little respect.

OH... okay... sorry, misunderstood.

I think I need to get laid... so I won't jump the gun so fast... bwahahahahaaa...

Kidding... sorta... LOL

Jul 15 05 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by theda: 
I used to have a thing for Asian women, but then I dated one and was cured. Submissiveness was never part of my interest, but maybe leatent heterosexuality was?

Then again... not all women are the same, with the same behavioural patterns...

Are you saying now "NO" to Asian women... even if there is a real hottie crossing your way?

Oh... another interesting question, I was in relationships where my lady was bi and liked Asians too. When she went after some really cute hotties at her college, it seemed that there are not that many Asian girls that play with other girls.

Just an impression we started to have. If you don't want to answer this here, you can send me an email, or... just ignore me...

Jul 15 05 03:13 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Posted by theda: 

Posted by KM von Seidl: 

Posted by Ty Simone: 

Ohm The Asian Fetish thing.... What is up with that?
Why is it all us guys have a thing for Asian women?
I could never explain it myself.
Maybe you could :-)

It's called MEN WHO EAT RICE

particularly white dudes who only date asian women.  of course some of it probably has to do with personal taste in looks, but obviously lots has to do with the fantasy/perception of the submissive Asian female.

My brother-out-law is convinced the phenomenon is related to latent homosexuality. It's no less ridiuclous than the submissive asian female theory.

I used to have a thing for Asian women, but then I dated one and was cured. Submissiveness was never part of my interest, but maybe leatent heterosexuality was?

Maybe you were into the dragon lady thing.  Or maybe it was a phase you were going through whilst coming to terms with your sexuality (a sort of infantilism like coming out) and once you had emotionally matured you could date with more complexity.

I can't tell you.  I'm not a white guy or an Asian woman.  I was just passing along what an Asian housemate called it, Men Who Eat Rice, not my term, and what she though of it, and what a documentary on Asian brides had offered up.

I'm sure that cultural stereotypes surrounding Asians have NOTHING to do with why certain dating phenomena exits.  (Insert dripping sarcasm emoticon)

Jul 15 05 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by KM von Seidl: 

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 
Must be awful to be attractive and have people interested in going out with you.

Oh, the tortures of a models life.

You're all enduring the torments of Auschwitz survivors, aren't you?

LOL.

Not that your post would need it, but I really wish they had a "dripping with sarcasm" icon, just for those dense folks who might miss the point.

Thanks KM.

That is the big difference between those who like me and those who don't. Those who like me, appreciate the sarcasm. Those who don't like me, wouldn't know sarcasm if it fell out of the sky, ripped their face off and pooped on their head.

Jul 15 05 03:26 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Or maybe I just thought they were purrty? Prior to my relationship with the Asian woman, I had been involved with very waspy types. I actually haven't *dated* a woman since her. So much for that theory.

I also have a thing for very short, dominant women of any race. Napolean complexes must turn me on.

Posted by KM von Seidl: 
Maybe you were into the dragon lady thing.  Or maybe it was a phase you were going through whilst coming to terms with your sexuality (a sort of infantilism like coming out) and once you had emotionally matured you could date with more complexity.

I can't tell you.  I'm not a white guy or an Asian woman.  I was just passing along what an Asian housemate called it, Men Who Eat Rice, not my term, and what she though of it, and what a documentary on Asian brides had offered up.

I'm sure that cultural stereotypes surrounding Asians have NOTHING to do with why certain dating phenomena exits.  (Insert dripping sarcasm emoticon)

Jul 15 05 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by KM von Seidl: 

Must be awful to be attractive and have people interested in going out with you.

LOL.

Not that your post would need it, but I really wish they had a "dripping with sarcasm" icon, just for those dense folks who might miss the point.

Thanks KM.

That is the big difference between those who like me and those who don't. Those who like me, appreciate the sarcasm. Those who don't like me, wouldn't know sarcasm if it fell out of the sky, ripped their face off and pooped on their head.

I liked you because I thought you were 100% serious. Now I will have to reconsider.

Jul 15 05 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

I have got to get a cat.

(What was this thread about originally????)

Jul 15 05 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Posted by KM von Seidl: 

LOL.

Thanks KM.

Even if I don't agree with what you are posting (rare), I always appreciate the intelligence and the occasional sarcasm you bring to the table.

Jul 15 05 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by KM von Seidl: 
Even if I don't agree with what you are posting (rare), I always appreciate the intelligence and the occasional sarcasm you bring to the table.

(tips fedora)

Thank you, ma'am.

Even if a thread gets hijacked, I always appreciate it when the hijacking is done to throw compliments my way.

Jul 15 05 03:37 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Posted by Udo R Photography: 

Oh... another interesting question, ....it seemed that there are not that many Asian girls that play with other girls.

There are many things in life that suck, I tend to think this would be one of them...

Jul 15 05 03:59 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Posted by KM von Seidl: 

(tips fedora)

Thank you, ma'am.

Even if a thread gets hijacked, I always appreciate it when the hijacking is done to throw compliments my way.

I know, I kinda (but not too much) feel guilty helping hijack a thread that reminded me of BarbaraS.

I guess we should go back and focus on the pitfalls of beauty and having friends...

Jul 15 05 04:02 pm Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

Posted by MichaelBell: 

Sorry, but I agree with the poster here. Professional photographers, hell, professional ANYTHING should not be hitting on models and asking them out on dates, how juvenile is that? Go to a freakin online dating service! Its horny jerkoffs like that who give honest and straightforward photogs like the rest of us a bad name and make alot of models and potential models very hesitant.

I am an amatuer and I know better than to use a models profile/message box/Email as a means to hit on her or ask her out and it puzzles me that photogs who call themselves "professionals" can't figure this shit out themselves. 

Thank you! : )

Jul 15 05 07:15 pm Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

Wow, this thread went far while I was away. 

In response to some ppl's comments... check this, I DID change my username!!! we'lll see  if that changes anything...

In response to a comment of  what I have against "glamour"... I really don't have anything AGAINST them, I respect all kinds of modeling and photography, it's just that I am not interested in doing it.  In regards to the term "glamour" here, like Theda said, i was referring to the fact that "glamour" online usually means micro bekinis, hardly there thongs, one hand squishing boob, the othe one  between your thighs type thing.  I never actually read through maxim, fhm, or playboy, but you guys that have, have to admit there are images like that in those mags too. 

I just feel that as a petite girl and with your modeling market pretty much limited to commercial/print/beauty/fitness/swimwear/glamour/erotica, Once there is an image of you doing lots of glamour/swimwear/lingerie, that becomes your image, and you only get photographers and clients interested in you doing that.  Of course if you're already famous to begin with, no body cares whether you're shot/acted nudes or glamour, they still use you for top fashion/commercial  campaigns, but if you are seeking agency representation, I think a model has to be careful on what work to take, as that will really affect your image. In my case, I'm interested in doing commercial/fashion/editorial/print... and any images that appears non-commercial, explicit, or suggestive of sex, wil blur my focus and my impression. 

But really I'm not AGAINSkT glamour... so ppl what do glamour, don't be offended ; )

Jul 15 05 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

BTW ..
Do you do nudes> :-)

Jul 15 05 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

... yeah... and how about not glamour, but like... errr... 'ya know... how 'bout you squoosh your breast together while sucking your thumb and look naughty into the camera, pretending you don't know that your other hand is covering your crotch...

I mean... all classy and artistic... and no glamour... whadd'ya saaaayyyy?

;-)

Jul 15 05 08:45 pm Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

gahahaha funny : )

Jul 16 05 03:25 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Darcy Stockton

New York, New York, US

This happens to me A LOT.

In my profile I say I only do select TPF with photographers, hair and make-up people.

While I understand the need for freelance models and will work with them for a fee (that's extremely reasonable) because I don't feel that they can bring a lot to my book. I only test with girls from certain agencies. Such as Karin, Women, and Next. (a lot of the work on my profile is old)

Jul 16 05 09:51 am Link