Forums > Events > Desert workshop/group shoot 9/27 Victorville, CA

Model

KellyV

Auburn, Washington, US

V Studio wrote:
Chantelle, if Kelly was at Drew's shoot, I could use her head as a monopod to hold up my camera and her arms to hold my vagabond smile  She's not small she's "compact"

Sadly... this is true. sad I lose a lot of brain cells this way... ones I can't afford to lose.
Hold up though V, I didn't agree to holding anything else!

Sep 25 09 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

GLASS SLIPPER PHOTO

SHERMAN OAKS, California, US

Would love to attend the workshop if any cancelations please let me know
thanks
Hal J. Lewis

Sep 25 09 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

Jim and Josefina

Ventura, California, US

Have a good time everyone!  I'm still working on the 9,000 images from our last trip!
Jim

Sep 25 09 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

T J Yun

Los Angeles, California, US

I've shot there, when it was 104 degrees. It will be only 99 degrees this Sunday. I'm bringing plenty of bottled waters to share. smile

Sep 25 09 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Drew Santos

Irvine, California, US

I have a photographer coming from the LAX area. Is anybody else coming from there so he could carpool with someone?

Sep 25 09 05:48 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Yamashita

Temecula, California, US

I have room for one person. Coming from Lake Forest which is next to Irvine.

Sep 25 09 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Marvelous Pictures

I'd like to do a carpool where either I drive and get some gas money or meet up with some of you guys half way in IE, covina or whatever and give you some gas money.  Thanks Drew, for letting people know, I'm the guy that's by LAX.

Sep 25 09 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

RSalcedo Photography

Marvelous Pictures wrote:
I'd like to do a carpool where either I drive and get some gas money or meet up with some of you guys half way in IE, covina or whatever and give you some gas money.  Thanks Drew, for letting people know, I'm the guy that's by LAX.

We'll be coming from Corona. we can meet there and you can carpool with us.

Sep 25 09 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

T J Yun

If you can drive to my studio in West Covina by 11am, I can be your driver. smile

Sep 25 09 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

Bright Candle Photo

I sent you a MSG bro.

Sep 25 09 08:06 pm Link

Model

Kandi Queen

San Diego, California, US

WooHoo, I will see you all Sunday, can't wait! and I get to shoot with the hottest girls in Cali, makes life that much better!

Sep 25 09 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Drew Santos

Irvine, California, US

with the addition of Jessika Dorian and Kandi, I introduce you the gorgeous Shawn to be added to the models' list. Lots of models. Photogs haven!

https://modelmayhm-4.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090530/20/4a21fe65d6798.jpg

Sep 25 09 10:39 pm Link

Photographer

William Praese

Damn if I know everyone were car-pooling then I wouldn't rent a car sad  too late

Sep 25 09 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

William Praese

Drew Santos  wrote:
with the addition of Jessika Dorian and Kandi, I introduce you the gorgeous Shawn to be added to the models' list. Lots of models. Photogs haven!

wow that's alot of models attending! I feel lucky I can attend this workshop, worth to ask for a couples days off and fly to CA smile

Sep 25 09 10:45 pm Link

Model

Chantelle Mathiasson

Carson City, Nevada, US

Kandi Queen-Ricci wrote:
WooHoo, I will see you all Sunday, can't wait! and I get to shoot with the hottest girls in Cali, makes life that much better!

omg yay!

Sep 25 09 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

Bright Candle Photo

Drew Santos  wrote:

Shawn & I are gonna be riding in the Karaoke Car up to Victorville tongue We will be singing the latest and greatest Polka hits of the century all the way to the spot!

Sep 26 09 12:52 am Link

Photographer

V Studio

La Mirada, California, US

5:24am bump

Sep 26 09 05:24 am Link

Model

Brandy Sky

Lancaster, California, US

Can't wait until tomorrow so excited!!!

Sep 26 09 07:22 am Link

Model

Chantelle Mathiasson

Carson City, Nevada, US

good morning everyone! I cant believe its tomorrow! Im going shopping in a little bit! YAY!!

Sep 26 09 08:29 am Link

Photographer

V Studio

packing and charging right now.

Sep 26 09 08:37 am Link

Photographer

Chanel Rene

Huntington Beach, California, US

Dayuuuummm....
Y'all managed to round up some super hot models! tongue

Sep 26 09 08:42 am Link

Photographer

Drew Santos

Irvine, California, US

Chanel Rene wrote:
Dayuuuummm....
Y'all managed to round up some super hot models! tongue

Well, you know how I roll. One of the photogs bet me that I will only have 8 or less models. I took the bet and rounded more models. I think we have 15! These additional models will not help getting more photogs as we are SOLD OUT and I'm not accepting any more photographers. I'm just adding more models for the attending photographers to have an awesome time. Here is Brandy's friend Melissa to join us. I hope she brings her friend along smile

https://modelmayhm-6.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090829/22/4a9a0dffa5d00.jpg

Sep 26 09 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Bright Candle Photo

Drew Santos  wrote:

Well, you know how I roll. One of the photogs bet me that I will only have 8 or less models. I took the bet and rounded more models. I think we have 15! These additional models will not help getting more photogs as we are SOLD OUT and I'm not accepting any more photographers. I'm just adding more models for the attending photographers to have an awesome time. Here is Brandy's friend Melissa to join us. I hope she brings her friend along smile

man only a sucker would make that bet tongue

Sep 26 09 09:51 am Link

Photographer

Karl Yamashita

Temecula, California, US

Drew Santos  wrote:

I take it because he thought there weren't going to be that many models that he didn't sign up? So now he is missing out on a awesome shoot with beautiful models left and right? Or could he be the photographer you told me about that got his refund from another group shoot and signed up for this shoot?

Sep 26 09 09:53 am Link

Photographer

Drew Santos

Irvine, California, US

Karl Yamashita wrote:
I take it because he thought there weren't going to be that many models that he didn't sign up? So now he is missing out on a awesome shoot with beautiful models left and right? Or could he be the photographer you told me about that got his refund from another group shoot and signed up for this shoot?

Just wait and see when he picks up the dinner bill. I can taste that filet mignon after the shoot. Is there a Claim Jumper in Victorville? I feel like eating an Ore Cart. smile

Sep 26 09 10:10 am Link

Photographer

Karl Yamashita

Temecula, California, US

Drew Santos  wrote:

Just wait and see when he picks up the dinner bill. I can taste that filet mignon after the shoot. Is there a Claim Jumper in Victorville? I feel like eating an Ore Cart. smile

Yeah, i think his candle was out when he made his bet with you, lol.

Sep 26 09 10:21 am Link

Photographer

Drew Santos

Irvine, California, US

Karl Yamashita wrote:
Yeah, i think his candle was out when he made his bet with you, lol.

When he pays the bill, he will be known as Dim Candle Photo. LMAO

Sep 26 09 10:24 am Link

Photographer

Bright Candle Photo

Drew Santos  wrote:
When he pays the bill, he will be known as Dim Candle Photo. LMAO

You voided out agreement ill make sure to grab some leftovers out of the dumpster for you tongue

Actually the main purpose of this bet was to see if you would bring on more models. so the bet paid off and was worth it.

Sep 26 09 10:31 am Link

Photographer

Karl Yamashita

Temecula, California, US

Bright Candle Photo wrote:

You voided out agreement ill make sure to grab some leftovers out of the dumpster for you tongue

Actually the main purpose of this bet was to see if you would bring on more models. so the bet paid off and was worth it.

???  you're so full of it, lol

Sep 26 09 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

J V Photography

Ventura, Iowa, US

Cant wait till tomorrow! It's gonna be a blast!

Sep 26 09 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Bright Candle Photo

Karl Yamashita wrote:
???  you're so full of it, lol

what!! don't make me post my blackmail pictures of you tongue

Sep 26 09 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

Chanel Rene

Drew Santos  wrote:

Well hopefully at least half of them show up!
Otherwise this will be a huge sausage fest! lol Y'all will end up having to shoot each other... tongue
And don't look at me! I may have DD's but I'm so not a model. lol

I'm excited to shoot some glamour! Hopefully your models can still be sexy around a female photographer. wink

Sep 26 09 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

V Studio

still packing for tomorrow bump.........damn.....i hope i didnt over pack.  Its gonna be crazy.  Drew and Karl, I cant wait smile

Sep 26 09 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Yamashita

Temecula, California, US

i'm out here now. it's windy and isn't that hot. bring sand bags for your strobes though, you'll need them.

Sep 26 09 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

Chanel Rene

V Studio wrote:
still packing for tomorrow bump.........damn.....i hope i didnt over pack.  Its gonna be crazy.  Drew and Karl, I cant wait smile

lol what time you heading out there homie?

Sep 26 09 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

V Studio

not sure yet Chanel still packing.....Karl, will a vagabond on a stand be good enough to hold down a strobe with lets say either an octobox or beauty dish attached?

Sep 26 09 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Yamashita

Temecula, California, US

i'm using beauty dish and vb2. no fear of it blowing over. softbox maybe a different issue without extra weight.

Sep 26 09 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

V Studio

thanks for the suggestions, I'll pop on the octo till the winds come up then switch to beauty dish.

Sep 26 09 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Drew Santos

Irvine, California, US

Karl Yamashita wrote:
i'm out here now. it's windy and isn't that hot. bring sand bags for your strobes though, you'll need them.

WTF! I had to cancel all my shoots and im here running around buying drinks and snacks, making name tags, confirming and getting more models, and you're shooting? Are you even bringing any EZ ups? WTF?!! This is BullShit!

Sep 26 09 03:13 pm Link

Photographer

Chanel Rene

Karl Yamashita wrote:
i'm using beauty dish and vb2. no fear of it blowing over. softbox maybe a different issue without extra weight.

me too me too!
And Michael loaned me his polarizer... big_smile

Sep 26 09 05:19 pm Link