Forums > Events > EA Photographics Workshop - 11/20 & 21- Etters, PA

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

I DIDN'T DIE ON THE NJ TURNPIKE TODAY WHEN MY BRAKES WENT OUT - WAHOOO!!! lol - good to be alive, ya'll! smile

Dec 13 09 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

EA Photographics

Reading, Pennsylvania, US

psithurism wrote:
I DIDN'T DIE ON THE NJ TURNPIKE TODAY WHEN MY BRAKES WENT OUT - WAHOOO!!! lol - good to be alive, ya'll! smile

Um, new car?

Dec 14 09 05:11 am Link

Photographer

ZZZPhotos

Marietta, Pennsylvania, US

psithurism wrote:

Please get your brakes fixed...I'd kind of like the chance to meet you...and photograph you some day...alive!!!!!  :-)

Dec 14 09 05:16 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

what it is... is a leak in the break cylinder that's slowly leaking fluid, something's screwy with the E-brake but the main brake lines (now) are fine (hey, we're poor - we couldn't deal with the brakes going COMPLETELY out, so we got it up to par where they only go kind of out, and eventually we'll be able to afford to bring it up to full functionality again - my husband only works a few miles away, i'm the one risking my life every day in this damn thing driving all over the freaking region!)... so if you're going steadily along at a good 30 mph+ when you go to step on the brakes initially to slow yourself down it will catch normally, but the ABS is part of the issue here, so if you have to hit the brake again when you go to hit it, nothing happens for a good two seconds... it is somewhat terrifying. it's also like that for the... the first 10-15 minutes of a drive, i have to parallel park facing downhill on the left side of the street so leaving is always fun, even worse in reverse when you have to tap the gas to back up slightly because you're on a freaking hill (so yeah, it takes like 20 minutes to parallel park WITHOUT using the cars in front of and behind me as runaway SUV ramps (lol)- so needless to say, parallel parking, steep downward grades and - LOL - the NJ turnpike in its entirety, are not the easiest things to navigate. BUT, the car's gotten fixed as much as it can right now (hey, the brakes aren't going COMPLETELY out anymore, i don't have to ride the E-brake up the side of a guard rail and coast to a stop so... score!) - i've actually gotten kind of "good" at driving with pseudo-brakes and it will all be over soon - katie's getting a corolla! wahoo! it's a 2005 and the year will be 2010 so it'll be within 5 years (barely)... wow... by far, the newest car that i've ever had! so yeah, just keep your fingers crossed and relax in knowing that i think i only have to drive that car a grand total of like... 7 or 8 more separate days... and then all will be good. so... yeah... in about fortnight and a half-ish, whether or not i'm going to hit the car in front of me at a stoplight goes back to being a choice instead of a surprise! lol... yeah.

and there's my driving rant for the day. thanks for your time.

Dec 14 09 10:57 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

... it'd be nice if i currently had insurance... heh, whoops.

Dec 14 09 10:59 am Link

Photographer

EA Photographics

Reading, Pennsylvania, US

psithurism wrote:
... it'd be nice if i currently had insurance... heh, whoops.

Ok, no brakes for you!  Come back 6 weeks!  lol.  PLEASE be careful and try not to drive unless you REALLY have to.  I want you in one piece for the Feb seminar.  I am not into shooting corpses...  lol

Dec 14 09 11:57 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

all shall be well... in once piece, i shall remain... but maybe i'll start driving in full body-armour just to make sure smile

Dec 14 09 12:10 pm Link

Model

Trinity Chevalier

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US

I'm still waiting on pics from the photographer Katie and I shot with on the last morning....does anyone have contact info for him?

Dec 14 09 12:15 pm Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

... been wondering 'bout that myself... now that ya mention it - anyone? никто?

Dec 14 09 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Greggain Photography

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Hey, I can't find my memory card with the pics from this shoot on it..

Wait.. I never shot ..

Oh

Dec 14 09 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Ruegnitz Photography

Cranbury, New Jersey, US

Never mind!!  Grabbed the wrong event to post on!! Never do this on a blackberry!

Steve

Dec 17 09 05:48 am Link

Model

Alexis Aabsynthe

New Cumberland, Pennsylvania, US

It seems a lot of us are still waiting on pictures from a small group of select people.  I guess we work for free and don't expect anything in return.  Thank you for those who were so kind to send them!

Dec 17 09 10:22 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Bradley Imaging

Dayton, Ohio, US

Model Michelle Marie wrote:
It seems a lot of us are still waiting on pictures from a small group of select people.  I guess we work for free and don't expect anything in return.  Thank you for those who were so kind to send them!

That really sucks. I think the agreement that all of us photographers signed says we will provide images within 6 weeks. If you haven't got anything by the time the holidays are over, you may want to ask Adam to send out a "friendly reminder".

Dec 25 09 09:47 pm Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

SteveBradleyPhotography wrote:

That really sucks. I think the agreement that all of us photographers signed says we will provide images within 6 weeks. If you haven't got anything by the time the holidays are over, you may want to ask Adam to send out a "friendly reminder".

thus far they've been more than worth waiting for! art takes time - and time is the only thing we can't control.

hmmm... gives me an idea... anyone know a decent bit about the quantum foam theory? (the basic idea is that gravity is a field with many of the same fundamental properties as other fundamental 'force' fields in nature, meaning that the state of this field is -  at some level - uncertain and indescribable by quantum theories but since Einstein's general theory of relativity requires that gravitational fields and space-time be identical mathematical objects, space-time itself would also have to be subject to the same kinds of molecular uncertainty quantum theories overlook; so this indeterminacy means that it cannot be known with infinite precision BOTH the geometry of space-time and the rate of change of the space-time geometry, consistent with Heisenberg's "Uncertainty Principle" for quantum systems. Wheeler (after Heisenberg) imagined that this indeterminacy for space-time required that at the so-called "Planck Scale" of 10^-33 centimeters and 10^-43 seconds, space-time has a foaminess to it with sudden changes in its geometry into a wealth of complex shapes and textures that would have quantum black holes appear at 10^-33 centimeters, then evaporate in 10^-43 seconds; wormholes would form and dissolve, and later theorists even postulated that the production of a sub-universe (or 'baby universe') would be possible under these conditions disproved only by two minor problems - 1) we have no evidence that gravity is a quantum field; 2) we have no evidence that space-time has this type of structure at these scales... so in theory at 10^-33 centimeters, time would fold or bend inward on itself and everything in the past, present and future would exist simultaneously - instantaneously - without damaging the integrity of the space-time continuum)

... anyone still with me??? lol... never mind...

Dec 30 09 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Bradley Imaging

Dayton, Ohio, US

You lost me shortly after you said "quantum foam theory".

Dec 31 09 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

PhotoDr

Chantilly, Virginia, US

psithurism wrote:

thus far they've been more than worth waiting for! art takes time - and time is the only thing we can't control.

hmmm... gives me an idea... anyone know a decent bit about the quantum foam theory? (the basic idea is that gravity is a field with many of the same fundamental properties as other fundamental 'force' fields in nature, meaning that the state of this field is -  at some level - uncertain and indescribable by quantum theories but since Einstein's general theory of relativity requires that gravitational fields and space-time be identical mathematical objects, space-time itself would also have to be subject to the same kinds of molecular uncertainty quantum theories overlook; so this indeterminacy means that it cannot be known with infinite precision BOTH the geometry of space-time and the rate of change of the space-time geometry, consistent with Heisenberg's "Uncertainty Principle" for quantum systems. Wheeler (after Heisenberg) imagined that this indeterminacy for space-time required that at the so-called "Planck Scale" of 10^-33 centimeters and 10^-43 seconds, space-time has a foaminess to it with sudden changes in its geometry into a wealth of complex shapes and textures that would have quantum black holes appear at 10^-33 centimeters, then evaporate in 10^-43 seconds; wormholes would form and dissolve, and later theorists even postulated that the production of a sub-universe (or 'baby universe') would be possible under these conditions disproved only by two minor problems - 1) we have no evidence that gravity is a quantum field; 2) we have no evidence that space-time has this type of structure at these scales... so in theory at 10^-33 centimeters, time would fold or bend inward on itself and everything in the past, present and future would exist simultaneously - instantaneously - without damaging the integrity of the space-time continuum)

... anyone still with me??? lol... never mind...

Hmmm.. Gives me an idea for a photoshoot....

tongue

David

Jan 02 10 05:30 pm Link

Model

Candy La Dream

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

Im very interested.. I actually did a shoot today.. and I got some real nice pics... Whenever the dude finishes wit them I will be uploading them! Hope u like em.. Keep in touch... But I will def be interested in this event!

Oct 11 10 04:37 pm Link