Forums > Events > Yankee Air Museum Photo Shoot Grosse Ile

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

*The Shoot will take place at Grosse Ile over by Detroit... NOT YPSILANTI.. Directions will soon follow.
*The Shoot date is Saturday December 5th, from 11a-5p. Doors will open at 10a for registration and set up... Please be there by 11. I would like to have everyone registered and checked in so i can get some shooting in also smile
*The museum is asking for a donation, so given the numbers that have showed interest and amount they have asked for; admission is going to be $30 for both photographers and models. MUAs and stylists are of course pardoned; as long as you stick to your roles.

**My contact said Nudes will be ok; but she has to get it approved by the board-so she is emailing them; and I will hear back from her shortly; More then likely yes.

*I will be updating the 1st post to show all this information and starting a participation list... so start giving me your yes's; Being interested doesn't count anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yankee Air Museum’s Features for the December 2009 Group Shoot

Yankee Friendship
Yellow Stinson
*Shooting area around exterior on the ground shooting, no interior or on top of Plane areas.
````````````````````````````````
Yankee Doodle Dandy
C-47 Transport-White Cap
*Shooting area around exterior on the ground shooting, “Possible” interior, and “possible on top of Plane Areas
```````````````````````````````````
Yankee Warrior
B-25 Dolittle Raider
*Shooting area around exterior on the ground shooting, “Possible” interior, and “possible on top of Plane Areas
```````````````````````````````````
~Best for Last~
Yankee Lady
B-17 WWII Bomber
*2010 will be its 75th anniversary
*Shooting area around exterior on the ground shooting, Interior cockpit, Interior Bombay Doors Foot Bridge, Front Nose Glass, and also Belly Turret.
`````````````````````````````````````
There will be time slot schedules for the specific shooting areas on the B-17, and also the other planes. So we aren’t shooting on top of each other. There is the whole other half of the hanger that can be utilized; as well as the outside of the hanger. I am currently waiting on contact from Airport Manager as to possibility of using other historic areas of the airport.
   *Message me as to areas wanted for what time slots.. That schedule will be available for selection once I have the areas confirmed and I will hopefully be getting pictures taken this week. I have one main picture of the hanger of which I will be getting scanned in tonight or tomorrow to show of the beauties. But for now here is a link to the planes pictures and history http://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/historic-aircraft.html

There will also be a bulldog walking around the area enforcing the posted rules.  And to help with safety around the planes, certain areas cannot be walked on, or put pressure on. Best believe that there is a "If you bend it you buy it" policy in effect.
And these items are priceless!
**Yankee Air Museum has asked that no alteration what so ever is done regarding the nose art on the planes; no replacing art piece, or deleting.
**Also EVERY final picture must and will have the Yankee Air Museum Logo somewhere on the photograph, whether printed or digitally displayed.
Also as a general courtesy YAM has asked if we can send back a few examples of our work; when at the end of your developing stages you find a awesome photograph that displays your work well, if you could arrange to have the file sent to my (ILLIANA) email address I will then print and package them to take them over to their office. [email protected]

This is our first impression to the museum so let’s make it a great one so we can be welcomed back in the spring when their new Museum opens!

**RELEASE FORM**
The Yankee Air Museum Group Shoot will be held on SATURDAY DECEMBER 5, 2009  from 11am -to- 5pm. This event is 18+ and open to any and all Models, Photographers, MUA's and Stylists.

When? The event will be held during 11am -to- 5pm. (Note: for the purpose of setting up, check in and such, the doors will be open at 10:00am)

Where? Grosse Ile Airport

Who? The event will be hosted by Michigan Model ILLIANA and the Yankee Air Museum’s Public Relations Ms. Tracy Frink

Cost? The cost of the event is $30 and is uniform for Models and Photographers. MUA’S and stylists will be allowed to attend for free. (Note: If you are attending as an MUA or stylist, you MUST do what you are there to do. So, MUA's and Stylists will not be allowed to shoot {as either model or photographer} if you are found to have done so, you will be asked to pay the $30 entry fee).

Rules? The rules for the event are as follows:

**Yankee Air Museum has asked that no alteration what so ever is done regarding the nose art on the planes; no replacing art piece, or deleting.
**Also EVERY final picture must and will have the Yankee Air Museum Logo somewhere on the photograph, whether printed or digitally displayed.

1. No tentative list. We understand that sometimes you're unsure if you'll be able to attend or not. But please, if you're unsure, do not ask to be listed as "tentative", simply express your interest in attending once you know for sure.

2. No call-no shows. If you choose to no show to this event, you will not be allowed to attend future YAF events. Of all the things that are reputation killers, flaking has got to be in the top 5. (Note: Exceptions will be made for those with good reasons)

3) Last minute cancellations. I.E. "No money, no ride etc". This is something that has been announced well in advance for you to make proper adjustments to attend. One is excusable, but if it happens twice, you'll be asked not attend future events.

4) Communication is key! Photographers and models, please communicate with each other to coordinate and confirm your schedules, concepts, and meeting place.

5) Personal and professional conduct. I (the coordinator of the YAM Group Shoot) are trying to build the integrity and reputation of the YAM Shoots. So please, if you're invited to attend, conduct yourself in a manner befitting an industry professional. Should a problem with this arise, it will be addressed and quelled. Should this issue persist, you'll be asked to leave and not attend future events.

Also as a general courtesy YAM has asked if we can send back a few examples of our work; when at the end of your developing stages you find a awesome photograph that displays your work well, if you could arrange to have the file sent to my (ILLIANA) email address I will then print and package them to take them over to their [email protected]

RULES OF THE GROUP SHOOT

1. Safety before art!  We want you to be able to take the best photos possible, but PLEASE do not put yourself or model in a dangerous situation to do so.
   2. If an area has been blocked, roped or taped off, it is for a reason, DO NOT enter the area.
   3. No smoking inside the building. No smoking within 16” of any entrance. The designated smoking areas are at the ashtray outside the main entrance and on the patio. Dispose of your butts in an appropriate manner please (this does not mean on the ground).
   4. No alcohol is to be consumed on the
   5. No elicit drugs are to be carried onto the premises or used on the premises. The community’s laws extend within this building. If it’s illegal out there…it’s illegal in here.
   6. Please DO NOT turn off or unplug ANYTHING without asking first.
   7. No guns of any kind are allowed on the premises, whether real or replica.  No exceptions! Prop blades such as swords to be used in layouts are acceptable as long as the blade is dulled.

PARTICIPANT LIST
~*Photographers*~
-Phil MC#516473
-PF Dark#668172
-Lore-Li Photography#579479
-Microwave Photo #534006
-Lisolette Gilcrest#226845
-F11Photography#39309
*Assistant Dan Konopka
-Raw Photography#724119
*Assistant
-SP Studio#355337
-Distilled Dream#774096
-Nathan F #1271220
-Kool Concepts #1012474

~*Models*~
Female Models
-Illiana #845453
-Meghan C#23028
-Kayte Jones#1220681
-x Beebs x #1429009
-Kittie Nightbreed#1067833
-Lady Scarlett#463647
-SIN V aka Ivy Cat #666079
-Lula La Rose #1018916
-Kristin Rogers #1135264
-Stevie RW #1246747
-Kiki Kramer #1260588
Male Models
-Justin PC#361349
-Michael Justice #556800
-Kevin Griffin #1469141
-Neil (stevie fnce)

Couple Models:
Neil & Stephanie (stevie)

~*MUAS*~
-Fairytale Faces Makeup #572118

Carpool List
-Phil Mc

Nov 04 09 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

ILLIANA wrote:
Hey! I'm putting this out there to see who and how many are interested in a Photo shoot using the Yankee Air Museum; I've been corresponding with Mr. Zvara about using his planes, and things are in the making. But I need an idea on numbers. This shoot will hopefully take place in the Beginning of December before all the holiday craziness happens. No worries *the hanger is heated smile
   Its flying fleet consists of a B-17, a vintage B-25, a C-47 and a Stinson Reliant that was built during the 1950s. The B-17 was built at the end of World War II in 1945. 4 flying planes and 14 nonflying planes

Wow that would kick ass for some vintage pinups... big_smile

Nov 04 09 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

Grosse Ile is right down the street from me...

I'm interested

Nov 04 09 05:05 pm Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

*bump* i know there is more then two ppl wanting to do this!

Nov 04 09 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

J Vida

Toledo, Ohio, US

depends on the date and what we'd be allowed to shoot. but, i'd be interested.

Nov 04 09 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

dcsmooth

Detroit, Michigan, US

Not far at all, I know people who have been in the Grosse Ile hangar since the planes were recently moved there from Willow Run.

I may be interested depending on date and time.

Any limitations on content?  Pinups would definitely be desirable, but will they allow other genres such as figurative nudes?  Can photographers also bring our own models?

Nov 04 09 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

Jose G Photo wrote:
depends on the date and what we'd be allowed to shoot. but, i'd be interested.

^this^

Nov 04 09 08:12 pm Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Dates are in the making; sometime in the first 2 weekends of December; I'm still discussing details with the owner, as far as pin ups yes... that goes along with the whole WWII theme of the plane art. As far as nudes are concerned.. let me get them to say yes first tongue.

Nov 04 09 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

Sounds like a really cool venue.  I'd consider making the drive if I'm not already booked for that date.

Nov 05 09 02:07 am Link

Photographer

Brian_Bacon

Swartz Creek, Michigan, US

I would be interested in doing this.

Nov 05 09 08:09 am Link

Photographer

Lennon Photography

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Love to see some photos and get more info when you organize everything.

....Lennon Photography

You should put MICHIGAN so people know. :-)

Nov 05 09 09:26 am Link

Photographer

susan patrick harris

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Oo oo me me! I am in!!!

Nov 05 09 10:20 am Link

Photographer

distilledream

Oviedo, Florida, US

I'd be interested... sounds really sweet!

Nov 05 09 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Eternal Memories Photo

Newport, Michigan, US

ill go what day and time ?

Nov 05 09 05:29 pm Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Still waiting on a response for Date Suggestions; but more then likely it'll be the 1st or 2nd Saturday of December. So not to inflict with any holiday plans people might be making. smile

Nov 06 09 12:23 am Link

Photographer

Phil Mc

Genesee, Michigan, US

I'm very interested in this!!

Nov 07 09 05:00 am Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

There's something a little lopsided about those of us replying here.... a bunch of photographers and one model.

I don't think I'm pretty enough for pin up yet!   lol

Maybe Clint will volunteer?

Nov 07 09 07:20 am Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

Art Schotz wrote:
There's something a little lopsided about those of us replying here.... a bunch of photographers and one model.

I don't think I'm pretty enough for pin up yet!   lol

Maybe Clint will volunteer?

You couldn't afford me Art....wink

Nov 07 09 07:23 am Link

Photographer

dcsmooth

Detroit, Michigan, US

There are a number of MM models living within 5-10 miles of that location, but they may not read all the postings, or may not be interested in pinup.

Once a firm date and time is reached, then it's time to start looking around to see which models might be interested.

Nov 07 09 07:33 am Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

SPRINGHEEL wrote:

You're probably right about that...

Nov 07 09 07:41 am Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

Art Schotz wrote:

SPRINGHEEL wrote:

You're probably right about that...

Almost forgot - I've got a GOLDEN BUCKEYE CARD!

That should change the game some.    big_smile

Nov 07 09 05:24 pm Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

So how does the first Saturday in December sound? December 5th? Going once....

Nov 11 09 05:32 am Link

Photographer

Phil Mc

Genesee, Michigan, US

Yes!

Nov 11 09 05:40 am Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

going twice...

Nov 11 09 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

Dec 6 would work better for me, although I hate driving late on Sundsy nights.

I"m already booked on Saturday. 

Maybe the next weekend please?

And I'll bring LimaDigitalArt Project with me....   lol

Nov 11 09 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

... and I'll let you use my Golden Buckeye card... if you like.

Nov 11 09 05:23 pm Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Need more input guys!

Nov 11 09 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

PF Dark

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Just remember the workshop is on the 6th smile

Nov 11 09 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Phil Mc

Genesee, Michigan, US

the 5th or the 12th would work out for me.

Nov 12 09 05:30 am Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

I can't do it the 6th, Because I would really like PF Dark to be apart of this; and he has a bondage workshop on the 7th. Check out the event; it'll be awesome. I need to find out if military drill is that weekend, if it is; It'll be postponed til the 5th or 12th, I'm suppose to be meeting with Tracy Frink about Dates, rules, and all the loose ends. smile

Nov 12 09 06:47 am Link

Photographer

f11photography

Northville, Michigan, US

5th will work for me.  Not the 12th.
I'm happy to see that you are making this a go.

Nov 12 09 07:06 am Link

Photographer

Eye of Sicari

Toledo, Ohio, US

this time of year Saturdays really suck for me. I would be interested if it was on a Sunday.

Nov 12 09 09:15 am Link

Model

Lepidus

Bowling Green, Ohio, US

depending on a ride and money but other than that I think it sounds cool

Nov 12 09 09:41 am Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Either the 5th or the 6th would be fine, any later in December and people start going out of town, have Christmas parties and family functions, etc. I wouldn't schedule anything within two weeks of Christmas.

Nov 12 09 10:19 am Link

Photographer

Lore-Li Photography

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

depending on when... i'd be down...

Nov 12 09 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

The only thing that works for me is the first weekend of Dec.

However, as Art pointed out, there are virtually no llamas expressing an interest in this and without llamas, this will be pointless

Nov 12 09 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Lore-Li Photography

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

SPRINGHEEL wrote:
The only thing that works for me is the first weekend of Dec.

However, as Art pointed out, there are virtually no models expressing an interest in this and without models, this will be pointless

true...but has anyone pointed this thread out to any models yet?

Nov 12 09 01:47 pm Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Well I'm trying to spread the word so Help me out! lol. Its looking like the 5th. I'm meeting with Ms. Frink Tues, so I'll have all the info Tues night smile

Nov 12 09 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

dcsmooth

Detroit, Michigan, US

Saturday Dec. 5th would work better for me, early in the day.

Nov 12 09 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

RawPhotography

Detroit, Michigan, US

You know you can count me in! Imz excited! I fly out of grosse ile all the time so its like a second home to me.

Nov 12 09 04:28 pm Link