Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Would I pay you? And how much?

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

Los Angeles, California, US

Well, I'm stuck here going through some edits.  Need something to kill time in between images; so post here and I'll tell you if I'd pay you, and how much. 

Caveats:
This is assuming I hit the Mega Millions Lotto tonight and money is no object. 

Also assumes I'll work with everyone.  Worst case scenario is a TF offer.  Best case = Yes and a crapload of money lol.

Edit:  Ooops, didn't realize this was still going.  I'll start up again and try to finish those that responded.

Jan 26 10 09:13 pm Link

Model

April Marie x

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, US

smile

Jan 26 10 09:15 pm Link

Model

B R E N N A N

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

me!! hienvy

Jan 26 10 09:15 pm Link

Model

Heather S Kennedy

Half Moon Bay, California, US

Oh hai!  smile

Jan 26 10 09:17 pm Link

Model

John Ujjjjjjj Xghp

Ķızıltepa, Navoi, Uzbekistan

If you win the lottery, I know you're at least paying me with muffins and a cup of tea, right? wink

If you don't mind though, I'd like to know what you think would be a reasonable rate for me to charge.

Jan 26 10 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

April Marie x wrote:
smile

I would say yes to paid, but only based on your avatar.  It's well done enough that I'd pay, but not much.  $25/hr.  Right now I'm on a facial expression/emoting fetish and I need models that can express themselves.  I don't see enough of that to warrant more $ yet.

Jan 26 10 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

Brennan Hill wrote:
me!! hienvy

You're purdy.....I'd say if money were no object:  I'd like to shoot with you for a full day (8hrs), and offer $600.

Jan 26 10 09:33 pm Link

Model

Miz Tina Marie

Orlando, Florida, US

go for it thanks

Jan 26 10 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

Heather S Kennedy wrote:
Oh hai!  smile

I'd say $30/hr as I get more of a glamour vibe than fashion from you.  If I were trying to do glamour I'd probably offer more though.  Depends.

Jan 26 10 09:35 pm Link

Model

Annie RS

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I know your into fashion and I do not have that in my port, but I will ask anyways! smile

Jan 26 10 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

Lisa Levin wrote:
If you win the lottery, I know you're at least paying me with muffins and a cup of tea, right? wink

If you don't mind though, I'd like to know what you think would be a reasonable rate for me to charge.

LOL, if I win the lottery I'll make it a grande tea tongue

As for what you should charge, keep in mind I'm not sure what the market is like up north or even if it's similar in SD.....but for stuff like you're doing I'd try get somewhere between $25-$50/hr if you can.  You know my outlook on the whole rates thing though; charge what you think you deserve/can be happy with and if you get too few offers: lower your rates a little.  If you get too many to satisfy all of them: raise them a bit.  Do this until you reach a state of equilibrium between time to shoot, and being happy with your income from modeling.

Jan 26 10 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

Miz Tina Marie wrote:
go for it thanks

A bit too glamoury for me, so I'd say trade and if I like what we get from that shoot maybe offer money next time.

Jan 26 10 09:41 pm Link

Model

m3g0ra

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

Go on smile

Jan 26 10 09:41 pm Link

Model

Tamara MJ

Portland, Oregon, US

Me? XOXO

Jan 26 10 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

Annie RS wrote:
I know your into fashion and I do not have that in my port, but I will ask anyways! smile

Yep, but your pretty nonetheless and I have been wanting to get into art nudes so I'd offer $50/hr if you're able to pose more "artistically" and less glamoury.  Kinda like stuff you'd see Weston or Man Ray do.

Jan 26 10 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

Omen_Intendu wrote:
Go on smile

I'd say $20/hr, you've got pretty eyes.  I think it'd be money well spent.

Jan 26 10 09:47 pm Link

Model

Annie RS

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Tyrone Lavigne wrote:
Yep, but your pretty nonetheless and I have been wanting to get into art nudes so I'd offer $50/hr if you're able to pose more "artistically" and less glamoury.  Kinda like stuff you'd see Weston or Man Ray do.

Thank you Tyrone!  *squeeeeee* big_smile  *happy* I am not too keen on glamour either, but in Atlanta its sort of what these photographers want the most. I would love to unleash my artistic, emotive side.

Jan 26 10 09:48 pm Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

Tamara MJ wrote:
Me? XOXO

I like a lot of your work, and your facial features are great.  You're also close enough to my ideals as far as stats to warrant pay.  I'd offer $200 for half day to shoot with you.

Jan 26 10 09:48 pm Link

Model

Tamara MJ

Portland, Oregon, US

Tyrone Lavigne wrote:

I like a lot of your work, and your facial features are great.  You're also close enough to my ideals as far as stats to warrant pay.  I'd offer $200 for half day to shoot with you.

Wow. Thank you Tyrone. I will friend you so you can keep checking back on my progress. smile I have some pretty interesting shoots coming up. Take care!

Jan 26 10 09:51 pm Link

Model

John Ujjjjjjj Xghp

Tyrone Lavigne wrote:

LOL, if I win the lottery I'll make it a grande tea tongue

As for what you should charge, keep in mind I'm not sure what the market is like up north or even if it's similar in SD.....but for stuff like you're doing I'd try get somewhere between $25-$50/hr if you can.  You know my outlook on the whole rates thing though; charge what you think you deserve/can be happy with and if you get too few offers: lower your rates a little.  If you get too many to satisfy all of them: raise them a bit.  Do this until you reach a state of equilibrium between time to shoot, and being happy with your income from modeling.

Working on the equilibrium thing-- it's at the messy stage now, with my offers going all over the place. But thanks for the advice smile

Jan 26 10 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

Lisa Levin wrote:

Working on the equilibrium thing-- it's at the messy stage now, with my offers going all over the place. But thanks for the advice smile

LOL, rereading what I wrote, it appears I didn't really give you any advice.  I only told you what you already knew about how to charge.  I guess I suck at the whole advice thing too lol

Jan 26 10 09:54 pm Link

Model

John Ujjjjjjj Xghp

Tyrone Lavigne wrote:

LOL, rereading what I wrote, it appears I didn't really give you any advice.  I only told you what you already knew about how to charge.  I guess I suck at the whole advice thing too lol

LOL. It's koo. At least you didn't say something crazy like "You should charge $400/hour for portraits!" and completely mess up my conception of my rates.

But seriously, that tea better be ridiculously amazing, if that's what you're giving me after winning the lottery. lol

Jan 26 10 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

Lisa Levin wrote:

LOL. It's koo. At least you didn't say something crazy like "You should charge $400/hour for portraits!" and completely mess up my conception of my rates.

But seriously, that tea better be ridiculously amazing, if that's what you're giving me after winning the lottery. lol

LOL, well if I win the lottery tonight we'll be having that tea in England and shooting at some regal estate next week big_smile  $100 million can go a loooonngggg way hahaha

Jan 26 10 10:05 pm Link

Model

John Ujjjjjjj Xghp

Tyrone Lavigne wrote:

LOL, well if I win the lottery tonight we'll be having that tea in England and shooting at some regal estate next week big_smile  $100 million can go a loooonngggg way hahaha

Awesooooome. We'll just take your private jet out and stroll around Europe taking lovely images and eating crumpets. big_smile

Jan 26 10 10:08 pm Link

Model

L I L I T H

New York, New York, US

big_smile

Jan 26 10 11:38 pm Link

Model

Kindra Marie

San Diego, California, US

hienvy

Jan 26 10 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

L Su wrote:
big_smile

I love image #4 in your portfolio.  If you can assure me work like that I'd say $50/hr.

Jan 27 10 12:15 am Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

Kindra Marie wrote:
hienvy

Hi Kindra smile

If we can stay on the fashion side of things (and away from glam) I'd be willing to offer $60/hr.

Jan 27 10 12:17 am Link

Model

E R I N _

San Francisco, California, US

okie dokie :0)

Jan 27 10 12:18 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Shipstad

Burbank, California, US

sure.. thanks for your time (and money?)

Jan 27 10 12:23 am Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

E R I N _ wrote:
okie dokie :0)

Wow.  Teh fashion models always get the good money in my fantasy world where I win the lottery (*sniffle sniffle* I didn't win tonight sad )  since they can help me take my portfolio where I need it to be.  I'd offer $100/hr and a chocolate sundae to shoot you.

Jan 27 10 12:27 am Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

Patrick Shipstad wrote:
sure.. thanks for your time (and money?)

It depends on how good you are with people of my calibre (or lack thereof I suppose), as I am one fugly little dood lol, but if you can make me look halfway decent I could see spending $300 for a couple decent portraits for my mum.

Jan 27 10 12:29 am Link

Model

E R I N _

San Francisco, California, US

Tyrone Lavigne wrote:
Wow.  Teh fashion models always get the good money in my fantasy world where I win the lottery (*sniffle sniffle* I didn't win tonight sad )  since they can help me take my portfolio where I need it to be.  I'd offer $100/hr and a chocolate sundae to shoot you.

O_O

I thinks I luvs you.

Thank you Tyrone!! big_smile

Jan 27 10 12:38 am Link

Model

Kindra Marie

San Diego, California, US

Tyrone Lavigne wrote:

Hi Kindra smile

If we can stay on the fashion side of things (and away from glam) I'd be willing to offer $60/hr.

Fashion is my thing

Jan 27 10 01:01 am Link

Model

B R E N N A N

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Tyrone Lavigne wrote:

You're purdy.....I'd say if money were no object:  I'd like to shoot with you for a full day (8hrs), and offer $600.

big_smile

Jan 27 10 05:38 am Link

Model

Samantha Williamson

Altoona, Florida, US

me?

Jan 27 10 09:06 am Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

Elaine Ford wrote:
me?

I would say $55 an hour, and hopefully would get some good beauty stuff from you.  Love image #1.

Jan 27 10 06:56 pm Link

Model

Bekah Jenkins

Nashville, Arkansas, US

me?

Jan 27 10 07:12 pm Link

Model

Artur Henrique

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

me??? thanks wink

Jan 27 10 07:15 pm Link

Model