Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > models : I'll pick a concept for you

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

do you want an objective/creative opinion or a suggestion for a photo shoot?

I'll tell you - at first glance - what kind of shoot I would cast and direct you in.

Extra points if you write me after receiving my recommendation and actually fulfill the concept!

Friday night , chilling out here and have some free time...
**UPDATE: Going to bed now. goodnight!

***UPDATE - ITS MONDAY AND I'M GOING TO BED AGAIN, THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS AND NOTES, GONNA END THE THREAD NOW THOUGH, goodnight***

Feb 05 10 06:41 pm Link

Model

Tatiana Paris

Los Angeles, California, US

This sounds entertaining! big_smile

Feb 05 10 06:45 pm Link

Feb 05 10 06:46 pm Link

Model

TrackBelle

San Francisco, California, US

what should I do?

Feb 05 10 07:21 pm Link

Model

Miss Bravo

Mesa, Arizona, US

penny for your thoughts smile

Feb 05 10 07:34 pm Link

Model

Lauren Vickers

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

For sure Adam, I'm always searching for more inspiration.

Feb 05 10 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Tatiana Paris wrote:
This sounds entertaining! big_smile

Tatiana - have you heard of the "alter ego" theme ?

Where you play two different roles and the photograph is layered together afterward? I see you as having more than a few personalities but would like to see you play a wild teenager on one side and then a conservative school teacher on the other side. ...

Feb 05 10 09:22 pm Link

Model

Leslee Anne

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

Would love to hear....smile

Feb 05 10 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Katherine Burness wrote:
please!!

www.modelmayhem.com/KatherineBurness
www.modelmayhem.com/KatherineBurnessII
www.modelmayhem.com/KatherineBurnessIII

Flight Attendant. All the way. Look up Swiss Air online - and try to mimic that uniform. Fitted Jacket, flat front or A-line skirt, silk scarf, and a little pin with wings on it - that'd be awesome.

Feb 05 10 09:24 pm Link

Model

ms gordy

San Diego, California, US

something fun

Feb 05 10 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

TrackBelle wrote:
what should I do?

without a doubt, and also what is missing from your port is the "business" look.

The girl with looks and brains - do you know what I mean?

You could keep it conservative for the clothes- grey power suit, white shirt, hair up - tight. then let the hair down a bit. Accesorize it with a brief case or lap top  and some black framed glasses. Would be really neat to shoot in an office or perhaps a classroom with computers around you -  - just throwing it  out there.

Feb 05 10 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Miss Bravo wrote:
penny for your thoughts smile

fun port you have! I actually got two ideas. well, you remind me of a swimming instructor I had when I was a kid - she was so pretty. Did you ever consider shooting by a pool - you would be playing the lifeguard/swim instructor - the reflection from the pool would give you such a neat light and I really like the slicked back hair you have in one of your port pics - you could go with that same look.

Second, you're from texas. I just met someone from texas and he's all Texas if you know what I mean! It just comes pouring out of him and I think that's so cool - can you try something with that theme? Canadians like me have all kinds of wacky ideas of what Texans are - and most of them are true! Friendly, outgoing, big hair , big hats, etc. ...

good luck.

Feb 05 10 09:32 pm Link

Model

myrasegal

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Oh yeah! I'm all ears:)

Feb 05 10 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lauren Vickers wrote:
For sure Adam, I'm always searching for more inspiration.

Ah, the lovely Lauren. Nice to see you again.

you my dear inspire others, however since you asked. ...

I would like to see you get a bit dirty. Without being cliche. I'll leave you with this idea and then you can think about it , but what inspired me was a few weeks ago I was walking to work and there was this stunning model jogging ( I live in the fashion district of Toronto). She was dressed head to toe in lulu lemon and unfortunately she fell down right into a puddle - she was not hurt , but stood up and had black water and snow and who knows what else all over her body..but you know what ?She was even more beautiful - ironic, but from behind the mud on her face you could see a true beauty.

I guess the point I'm making is you know you're beautiful when you can be covered in mud and still look amazing.

Yours doesnt have to be mud...but...think about it.

Feb 05 10 09:39 pm Link

Model

Mika

Miami, Florida, US

Ooh, tell me!

Feb 05 10 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Leslee Anne  wrote:
Would love to hear....smile

nice little port there. Its time Leslee. Time to get you to pose with someone. Not a man. Another woman - a blond preferably.

Your hair colour is so awesome by the way.

You'd be great. You'd have fun. And everyone would list your photos.

Just dont do it in a studio - find a location, and not a bedroom - I'm thinking a kitchen backdrop.

Feb 05 10 09:44 pm Link

Model

Miss Bravo

Mesa, Arizona, US

Adam W Photography wrote:

fun port you have! I actually got two ideas. well, you remind me of a swimming instructor I had when I was a kid - she was so pretty. Did you ever consider shooting by a pool - you would be playing the lifeguard/swim instructor - the reflection from the pool would give you such a neat light and I really like the slicked back hair you have in one of your port pics - you could go with that same look.

Second, you're from texas. I just met someone from texas and he's all Texas if you know what I mean! It just comes pouring out of him and I think that's so cool - can you try something with that theme? Canadians like me have all kinds of wacky ideas of what Texans are - and most of them are true! Friendly, outgoing, big hair , big hats, etc. ...

good luck.

Wow those are some great ideas that I will definitely have to bring to life. I'm actually fairly new to Texas so I have all my own views on Texans as well and I can see some great shoot ideas coming from that. Thank you so much smile

Feb 05 10 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

myrasegal wrote:
Oh yeah! I'm all ears:)

Have you seen this movie - Austin Powers? Heather Graham is wearing this outfit in one scene with boots up to her knees and a funky top.

Take it to the extreme - 70's hair - afro on you, and grab a partner or two make it a party.

Feb 05 10 09:46 pm Link

Model

ms gordy

skipped smile

Feb 05 10 09:47 pm Link

Model

myrasegal

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Have you seen this movie - Austin Powers? Heather Graham is wearing this outfit in one scene with boots up to her knees and a funky top.

Take it to the extreme - 70's hair - afro on you, and grab a partner or two make it a party.

Wowee! What an amazing idea! Trust me...I will soooo do it! Thanks a million:)

Feb 05 10 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Mikazuki - K17773N wrote:
Ooh, tell me!

before I tell you . https://modelmayhm-4.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100116/11/4b52148690f48_m.jpg

wow good job to everyone involved with that one.

Alright so maybe I just watch too much t.v but you live in Miami and I'm jealous already. I watch CSI miami sometimes and I'm not saying do a csi concept (too campy), but those backdrops - of the water...the beach....is there a way for you to have that as a backdrop? I'm talking those skyscrapers that scream Miami.

I think there is a small beach which is pretty private and when you look up its just Miami buildings behind you....all you need is a photographer someone to hold the reflector first thing in the morning - early. Get to the beach as the sun is rising and shoot until its up - swimwear.

Feb 05 10 09:51 pm Link

Model

Curvy Krista

Boca Raton, Florida, US

Would love some new ideas!

Feb 05 10 09:55 pm Link

Model

Felicita H

Cape Coral, Florida, US

Concept, please! I'm looking to update my port, so maybe I'll be able to use it smile

Feb 05 10 09:56 pm Link

Model

Alyssa Perone

Hammonton, New Jersey, US

Im new to the MM world and need some new and exciting ideas for my port. What should I do!?

Feb 05 10 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

ms gordy wrote:
skipped smile

skipped you indeed but I hope you forgive me.

something fun eh ?

alright. You know Avril Lavigne when she was all anti-this and anti- that and then one day she dyed her hair blond and started doing ipod commercials? she went from grunge alt girl to squeeky clean and never looked back.

Thats what I want to see with you - I actually really like your look - it is something you feel comfortable with so step out of the comfort zone.. and during the shoot I want your ipod to have britney spears "oops I did it again" and also other pop songs to get you into character. You know, stuff that you would never listen to.

I'm thinking a daddys little girl look for you - princess, perfect angel. Cardigan sweater, knee length skirt, pearl necklace. Think squeky clean. What will make it interesting is that your true personality will come through your eyes and the photograph will truly read remarkably trust me.

Feb 05 10 09:57 pm Link

Model

ms gordy

hahaha

i forgive you smile

awesome, i can't wait smile
i send you a shot smile

Feb 05 10 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Curvy Krista wrote:
Would love some new ideas!

the second I saw your face I wanted to see you in a Japanese Kimono. You seem to like themes so this is a great theme for you - complete with white makeup and red lips - stunning.

I'm sure you can get your hands on a Kimono. Chopsticks in your hair - I can see the portrait now.

Let me know if you try it.

Feb 05 10 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Felicita H wrote:
Concept, please! I'm looking to update my port, so maybe I'll be able to use it smile

I read you have a son and I wouldn't normally suggest it , but since you linked your son on your profile - ever consider posing with your son ? It would be a commercial shot definitely . Lifestyle. Could make your port really stand out.

Something about a pretty girl with a child which is so innocent. Doesnt have to be a lavish production - young mom in the park.

Feb 05 10 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Alyssa Perone wrote:
Im new to the MM world and need some new and exciting ideas for my port. What should I do!?

Hi Alyssa, similar to another idea I gave earlier , same for you. you have pefect hair, perfect smile, skin, etc. Consider doing something a bit more 'dark'/'dirty'.

However, in time  - I think you're doing the right thing by building the basics right now, keep it up. Master your angles then go in for the kill.

Feb 05 10 10:08 pm Link

Model

Cobra Renee 09 to 10

Jacksonville, Florida, US

big_smile

Feb 05 10 10:22 pm Link

Model

Frances Jewel

Dayton, Ohio, US

big_smile Sure!

Feb 05 10 10:22 pm Link

Model

Tatiana Paris

Tatiana - have you heard of the "alter ego" theme ?

Where you play two different roles and the photograph is layered together afterward? I see you as having more than a few personalities but would like to see you play a wild teenager on one side and then a conservative school teacher on the other side. ...

Sounds very interesting! I would love to do something like that big_smile

Feb 06 10 04:20 am Link

Model

Teresa Myers

East Moline, Illinois, US

I would love to know what concept you think of for me!

Feb 06 10 04:29 am Link

Model

-Veronica

Orlando, Florida, US

I'd love to know smile

Feb 06 10 05:11 am Link

Model

Leslee Anne

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

nice little port there. Its time Leslee. Time to get you to pose with someone. Not a man. Another woman - a blond preferably.

Your hair colour is so awesome by the way.

You'd be great. You'd have fun. And everyone would list your photos.

Just dont do it in a studio - find a location, and not a bedroom - I'm thinking a kitchen backdrop.

Thank you for the compliment on my hair smile  Your concept...so NOT what I expected...lol.  Made me laugh though and think.  Kitchen huh?

Feb 06 10 06:50 am Link

Model

xzoeyx

Chester, England, United Kingdom

me ? smile

Feb 06 10 06:52 am Link

Model

amycore

Sounds fun!

Feb 06 10 10:02 am Link

Model