Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > models : I'll pick a concept for you

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Shannxn wrote:
i'd be into this!

Shannxn, Shannxn, Shannxn!

before I start https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/090824/09/4a92bb574945c_m.jpg

wow - now this is someone who wants to try new things. do me a favour and can we talk later about a concept for me ? I'll give you the 'jest' of it later if you can help me out - I really want YOUR opinion. message me.

So, having said that , I can think of so many things that I'd direct you in - but mostly I want to see you dressed up with a male model - he would be your accessory though of course very james bond and bond girl - I'd use a staircase in the backround and shoot you coming down in - he waiting for you - and I'd use a ring light and remove the grid to get the light into your eyes . then I'd set up a BD at a range of about 15 feet behind me to shoot the two of you together.

Feb 08 10 07:43 pm Link

Model

xPhilophobia

Osler, Saskatchewan, Canada

Sure big_smile pick one for me

Feb 08 10 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Nicholas Armstrong wrote:
haha, this sounds pretty killer.

you know what - I saw you and I thought I'd like to shoot you as a rock star and then I read your profile and saw that you're a musician. Nicholas - I think its meant to be.

wardrobe - H&M - we'd get 5 looks for you for under $50 and shoot all of them, and do one with makeup on your eyes  - - very what's his name who won idol last year? or didnt win - can't remember, but you know what I mean.

yea definitely rock star, if you have a guitar or I can shoot you with your band then that would be ever better - just do what you do best. you'd get some great shots. last scene I'd get a female model with you to play your groupie and the shot would be her following you into your hotel room - we just see you and her in the hallway and each of you turn to the camera looking a bit surprised but shameless. lol.

good luck

Feb 08 10 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

northernsiren wrote:
well since I'm just starting out with an alternative look, the advice would be appreciated.

yep - and I'd embrace that.

ah I've got it  - I'm sure you know a tatoo artist with a tatoo parlour (is that what you call them) ..anyway - you'd be the tatoo artist but i'd add a soft box and turn off the lights (which are probably flourescent) and have you sitting in the chair with the tatoo instrument thing (can you tell I dont have any tatoos lol), and really get a cool shot of you doing what you love.

the person getting the tatoo -hmm, we'd have to cast them well , I'm thinking a girl in a red bra and jeans something so cheesy for the guys , but the alt lovers and people who have an eye for art -  would be all eyes on you.

I'd have it photoshopped to really bring out  your tatoos might even do a b/w filter - which means i'd have part of you in colour or parts of the photo in colour but others in b/w .

Feb 08 10 07:54 pm Link

Model

davidzen

Chicago, Illinois, US

I always dig new concepts..hit me!

Feb 08 10 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

h a n n a h MARiE wrote:
i am curious this sounds fun.    smile

i've never had the urge to shoot wedding photography until i saw you  = so thats what I'd do . I still dont want to shoot weddings, but I'd put you in a dress we'd get at a vintage shop - your hair would be curly (its so pretty and flattering this way) and we'd do a beauty shot.

next, since we got the dress for $15 we'd do something so random and destroy the dress . with what? maybe paint - or maybe just you ripping it up , but you'd be the bride gone wild.

Feb 08 10 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lloyd Wootten wrote:
I'd like to hear your thoughts smile

so I've given you a port critique before and a male model critique before and I think you know what I'm going to say lol.

You totally inspire me for a vampire theme - nothing cheesy like a graveyard but I could do it all in a studio and play with the light levels later.

The thing is , y ou wouldnt even require that much makeup - I'd want to play with your angles and lines naturally to give you that look

take a look at my port - I think the 2nd pic , this is sort of what I'd do with you for the first shot, then we'd move out of the studio somewhere with trees in the background - mature trees and get some great shots of you - all very Vampire Diaries style.

You must get sick of me saying that to you eh???

Don't take it the wrong way, I can think of 100 different themes for you...thats just the one I 'd like to see on you.

Feb 08 10 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Stacy-Ann wrote:
This is fun smile I'm in

Stacy Ann - great look  - you have a Jennie Garth type quality to you good for you.

With you, theres nothing more than I'd like to direct you in than you with a really handsome male model - it would be quite romantic and classic actually - no tricks, just you and him looking stunning.  a range of looks for you both. it would take a few hours and you'd get some really stunning pictures for your port.

you really have a great look - think about it maybe post a casting for a male model. let me know how it goes if you execute it.

Feb 08 10 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Stephanie  Lincoln wrote:
what about me?

I cant resist - your eyes are stunning - I'd do a remake of twiggy picture circa Twiggy era - please tell me you know who I'm talking about .

simple short dress, go-go boots, and you looking just beautiful.

Feb 08 10 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

xPhilophobia wrote:
Sure big_smile pick one for me

yep no problem you also look like someone open to ideas so thats great - but lets take it the opposite direction - classic and safe - simple makeup - feminine clothes - the kind that you would never buy for yourself but I'd love to see you act the part of girl next door clean cut , etc..then you could go wild - deal?

Feb 08 10 08:14 pm Link

Model

xPhilophobia

Osler, Saskatchewan, Canada

Adam W Photography wrote:

yep no problem you also look like someone open to ideas so thats great - but lets take it the opposite direction - classic and safe - simple makeup - feminine clothes - the kind that you would never buy for yourself but I'd love to see you act the part of girl next door clean cut , etc..then you could go wild - deal?

Hmm, that's interesting.
Because out of modeling I AM the girl next door.
I usually have simple make-up, and feminime clothes.
Nobody has EVER been able to label me.
Because one day I could be looking EXTREMELY alternative, dark make-up.
And the next day I could be wearing a frilly skirt and a pink top & barely any make-up.
I think I will do a girly photoshoot one of these days. Thank you big_smile

Feb 08 10 08:18 pm Link

Model

Brandie Graves

Denver, Colorado, US

what should i do?

Feb 08 10 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

davidzen wrote:
I always dig new concepts..hit me!

last one - you too are someone who looks like they would be fun to shoot and try things and add to a shoot , keep it up.

there are a number of things I could suggest but I want to play on the sports theme with you - but put you in a pair of tights - a red gymnast outfit.

sound ridic? well, I'd want to play up on a gymnast shoot with you - honestly you'd be very believable for it , perhaps you are? you've got the gymnast body , symetrical and good arms. but we'd give you some chalk (the kind gymnasts use for their grip ) shoot you in front and on the equipment as best we could and one shot we'd get you to clap your hands and I'd get the shot just as the chalk dust made a cloud around your head - it'd be great.

Feb 08 10 08:22 pm Link

Model

Sukay

New York, New York, US

So you have a very alluring port - I want to do the 'less is more' with you - cover you up in clothes : jeans and a big sweater - like your boyfriends sweater and you're on a bed with white sheets smiling  - very commerical , natural light shot in the morning or north light in the afternoon so flattering and innocent. you've got your coffee and lap top next to you and a newspaper - ok the last few frames you can wear a smaller top ok! but just think you've got an expressive face you could do that look and make it look like you're just having a great saturday morning by yourself .

Oh wow!  That is something I def haven't thought of...All covered up.. Oh, that would make my mama so happy!, lol.  It sounds like a fun idea!  Might try that..  Thank you!

Feb 08 10 09:26 pm Link

Model

Cobra Renee 09 to 10

Jacksonville, Florida, US

I'd love to know

Feb 08 10 10:00 pm Link

Model

Nicole Michelle

Albany, New York, US

Nicole, thanks for doing the Haiti thing in your port - good job.

You've got a face that sells magazines. I want to vogue you up - make up and hair for 2 hours - I'd set up the lighting for a good hour or more until I get it right and shoot an editorial cover for you.

most of my shoots I do 1000s of pics...with you it would be 100 or less but we'd get it.

your face truly inspired - wish you all the best in this industry. stay in touch.

The Haiti shoot was amazing. I really wanted to find a way to contribute more than a few dollars, and since I'm a model, well I thought really hard of how I could use that to help. And so came forth the idea of a group photo shoot where everyone involved had to donate at least $25 but there was no max.

And thank you for the compliment! I would really love to do an editorial piece. Every time I shoot, it always ends up being very fashion, and well my height limits me professionally I suppose (in that category especially).

Feb 08 10 10:12 pm Link

Model

northern_siren_model

Boston, Massachusetts, US

yep - and I'd embrace that.

ah I've got it  - I'm sure you know a tatoo artist with a tatoo parlour (is that what you call them) ..anyway - you'd be the tatoo artist but i'd add a soft box and turn off the lights (which are probably flourescent) and have you sitting in the chair with the tatoo instrument thing (can you tell I dont have any tatoos lol), and really get a cool shot of you doing what you love.

the person getting the tatoo -hmm, we'd have to cast them well , I'm thinking a girl in a red bra and jeans something so cheesy for the guys , but the alt lovers and people who have an eye for art -  would be all eyes on you.

I'd have it photoshopped to really bring out  your tatoos might even do a b/w filter - which means i'd have part of you in colour or parts of the photo in colour but others in b/w .

Thanks so much for the reply, as a former apprentice, been there, done that, but I can make it look sexy wink Have a wonderful day!

Feb 09 10 06:16 am Link

Model

davidzen

Chicago, Illinois, US

last one - you too are someone who looks like they would be fun to shoot and try things and add to a shoot , keep it up.

there are a number of things I could suggest but I want to play on the sports theme with you - but put you in a pair of tights - a red gymnast outfit.

sound ridic? well, I'd want to play up on a gymnast shoot with you - honestly you'd be very believable for it , perhaps you are? you've got the gymnast body , symetrical and good arms. but we'd give you some chalk (the kind gymnasts use for their grip ) shoot you in front and on the equipment as best we could and one shot we'd get you to clap your hands and I'd get the shot just as the chalk dust made a cloud around your head - it'd be great.

Soon as I read the red tights part I said wtf?? But yes, I could see that working. Thanks!

Feb 10 10 01:05 pm Link

Model

Miss Ashley Raelyn

Birmingham, Alabama, US

i'm in desperate need of an amazing creative idea!

Feb 10 10 01:08 pm Link

Model

Natalie Davey

Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia

im in so what you got for me?

Feb 10 10 01:14 pm Link