This thread was locked on 2010-03-08 06:50:23
Forums > Model Colloquy > Is there a way to warn models about bad photograph

Photographer

Blakberi Photography

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Michelle Lamb wrote:
Why is there a cat in the middle of my text?

Did you not get the memo about posting in threads as a newbie?  Best to do some reading and lurking for a while, you will get the hang of it

Mar 08 10 06:45 am Link

Photographer

Mickle Design Werks

Washington, District of Columbia, US

If the incident involves potentially criminal acts (drugging, physical/sexual assualt, etc.) then the OP needs to stop posting and talk with local law enforcement.

If this involves a legal issue (usage, not getting compensation) then seeking counsel regarding the matter is the best course.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked.  The OP's question has been answered numerous times with the consensus being that she should put a "do not recommend" listing on her profile if she wishes to want to warn other Models about this particular Photographer.  The potential downside for doing this is that Photographers wanting to work with the OP may not desire to do so if they see such a list.

My advice is to list the Photographer amongst other Photographers that you've worked with with a heading  "Inquiries welcomed  about my experience with these Photographers" or something to that effect. That way you don't come off as negative and vindictive but give the Models that are doing their homework a chance to know that you may have some info for them.

Mar 08 10 06:45 am Link

Model

Wynter Rose

Wexford, Wexford, Ireland

Aisha Rose wrote:
Look all I wanted to know is if there was some way to warn models about him... I'm not trying to offend anyone, I was just asking a question. I'm sorry if my not giving details angers anyone, but that is between me, him, and if I so chose the courts. I just wanted one question answered that is all. Sorry I asked.

If you're not going to give details, no-one here can help you. Maybe you should try to sort it out between yourselves if you're not willing to inform people of what happened when asking outsiders for help.

Mar 08 10 06:47 am Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Moderator Warning!
Aisha Rose, I'm going to lock this thread. I'm sorry that we have so many here that cannot either answer a question without attacking, or simply hit their back button.

To those of you that choose to attack simply because someone asks a question that does not meet your lofty criteria, my advice would be to simply stay out of those in the future.

I'll be reviewing this thread more closely, and briggings may follow.

Mar 08 10 06:49 am Link