Forums > General Industry > talk about your most memorable stalker experience

Photographer

Bryan Crump

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

Have you ever had a stalker or been one? Tell us about your most memorable experience, good or horrible. Also why can't their be more damn sexy stalkers out there. Makes it so much more tolerable when they are hot.

Jul 25 05 03:56 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Only Physco Stalkers thier no fun!!

Jul 25 05 04:05 am Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

i got stalked for about 3 years by an obnoxious old lady, used to come home and find her on my doorstep, or in my house, had to move, god knows how she got in.

Jul 25 05 04:10 am Link

Photographer

BarryH

Taipei City, Taipei City, Taiwan

Posted by Bryan Crump: 
Have you ever had a stalker or been one? Tell us about your most memorable experience, good or horrible. Also why can't their be more damn sexy stalkers out there. Makes it so much more tolerable when they are hot.

I had a sexy stalker once.  It still wasn't fun!

Jul 25 05 08:04 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

I have this model who messages me through every damn modeling site, 3-4 times a month.  Everytime I post up a casting call, she is the first one to reply to it.  She texts me on my cell phone tell me to check out her page.  The fucked up thing about it is, she's fucking ugly!

Jul 25 05 08:57 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Can we classify habitual cancel(ers) as stalkers. I have / had 3 of those over my two years of photographerness. I want to say their names so loudly but I will not, but I will say that none of them are on this site.

Jul 25 05 09:07 am Link

Model

Pinky

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I'm not allowed to talk about due to a court order.

Jul 25 05 09:25 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Mine is way, WAY too long to post here.  I have it posted on my LiveJournal though.

After I got separated from my ex-husband, I was stalked for several months by a photographer I had shot with a few times.  He mainly works out of Washington and northern California, but has been known to fly to various parts of the country to talk non-models into posing for him.

http://josienutter.livejournal.com/345857.html

---
Josie Nutter
Modelling Wardrobe For Sale

Jul 25 05 01:08 pm Link

Model

shay dechelle

Phoenix, Arizona, US

wow..on or offline?

I attract weirdos, male and female. I had this African guy at my school who used to follow me around, and I finally noticed him behind me one day when I was driving home, I kept driving around in circles and he stayed behind me the whole time..I was totally freakin out.

Online, I've lost count. I have more problems with girls on the internet than guys..they become infatuated with people who have blog sites for some reason.

Jul 25 05 01:12 pm Link

Model

TiffanyB

Clinton, Mississippi, US

Actually,
I had a girl stalker a year ago. We were friends at school and she went with me to shoots and knew alot about me. We had an arguement a few months later (moral issues I didnt agree with) and parted ways. A few months later I saw her with her hair now blonde like mine, brown contacts, outfits I had bought, and telling everyone she was a model and aspiring singer planning to go to California ( all things everyone knew I was doing). She even made a xanga page and copied things I said and made them her own. It is Very scarey when you don't know how far they will actually go.
xoxox
Tiffany

Jul 25 05 01:21 pm Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

I have about 3. Thankfully, they (for the most part) keep their harassment online and I can just delete the nasty emails and comments they leave on my blog and other places.

Jul 25 05 01:55 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I don't have stalkers. I just have a couple of guys that like to send me nasty email over and over again. Actually, Marksora may be right and they may be the same guy. the IPs are different, though.

Jul 25 05 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Wiles

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US

Like a dumbass I married one.

Jul 25 05 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

San Francisco, California, US

Posted by theda: 
I don't have stalkers. I just have a couple of guys that like to send me nasty email over and over again. Actually, Marksora may be right and they may be the same guy. the IPs are different, though.

Well maybe if you'd ever reply to me I wouldn't need to get so nasty, Theda! 

EDIT:  Oh wait, this reply is public...?  DOH!  Crap, never mind...!

Jul 25 05 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

I haven't had one yet. I'm somewhat disappointed, actually.

My wife, on the other hand, has had a few low-level clearly-harmless online infatuations. All ended promptly when they found out that not only could I, as her main photographer not hook them up with her, but that I was, in fact, her husband.

Rather funny, now that I think about it.

Jul 25 05 03:24 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by Photogeeks: 
Like a dumbass I married one.

You weren't a dumbass for marrying one, you were a dumbass for leaving them all by themselves with nothing to think about but you. lol. ( I hope you are divorced with restraining order...true stalkers are anything but funny)

Jul 25 05 03:29 pm Link

Model

Ms Kaylee

Helena, Montana, US

I wouldn't really consider this guy a stalker. He just happened to try to follow me home one day when my mom kicked me out of her nail salon. He insisted on having my phone number so I gave him my email address instead to get him of my tail. Yea, then he just so happened to send me 5-7 emails a day. I started ignoring him after he kept on telling me how breath-taking I was and then sent me an angry email. That wouldn't be stalking. It's just freakishly obsessing.

But...this guy tried to kidnap me this one time. Pepper spray anyone?

Jul 25 05 03:29 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Here is my stalker prevention technique: Hi, I'm lapis. I am from Detroit. I may or may not own several weapons of mass destruction. I can legally prove i am not responsible for my own actions at certain times. I may or may not have many friends willing to break your limbs.

The only stalkers I have ever had were suicidal...but they have seemed to disappeared.....

(the above is written as tongue in cheek...or is it????)

Jul 25 05 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by Lapis: 
Here is my stalker prevention technique: Hi, I'm lapis. I am from Detroit. I may or may not own several weapons of mass destruction. I can legally prove i am not responsible for my own actions at certain times. I may or may not have many friends willing to break your limbs.

The only stalkers I have ever had were suicidal...but they have seemed to disappeared.....

(the above is written as tongue in cheek...or is it????)

Here is another one for your repertoire:

"Do you know what happened to the last person to (stalk/annoy/bother/whatever) me?"

(They usually answer "No.")

"Neither does anyone else."

M

Jul 25 05 04:39 pm Link

Photographer

photoguy42

Toledo, Ohio, US

I always said I'd make a lousy stalker....I hate wasting time so I'd be calling ahead to make sure someone is home before driving over there.

I figure it'd go something like this..."Yeah, hello? Hey, are you gonna be home around 8? Why? Well, I was gonna come over, hide in the bushes and take pictures of you through the windows. Maybe I'll steal some cookies while I'm at it. What's that? Oh, I just wanted to make sure there'd be someone home since I'd hate to drive all the way over and have there be no one home...." *click* "Hello?"

Yes, I had a stalker...but that was in high school. I never actually knew she was there...but she confessed to stalking me for months after we broke up. Something about sitting outside my house with friends hoping to catch me on my way somewhere and beat the hell outa me. (This was ten years ago) Now we're good friends again and I did pictures for her wedding last year.

Jul 25 05 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

Christofer Rodriguez

San Bernardino, California, US

I was sleeping one day, very well I might add, when I woke up from this shitty feeling - the shitty feeling was this girl I had met in a club ealier that week, that was now standing over me in my house. She said she knocked but nobody had answered. "Well that means leave bitch - not waltz on in!"

Jul 25 05 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Bryan Crump

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

Posted by crod169: 
I was sleeping one day, very well I might add, when I woke up from this shitty feeling - the shitty feeling was this girl I had met in a club ealier that week, that was now standing over me in my house. She said she knocked but nobody had answered. "Well that means leave bitch - not waltz on in!"

now that is creepy, I had two girls once take me to a party that they were not even invited to, now i definately make sure i know people at clubs a lot better, lol

Jul 25 05 07:54 pm Link

Model

Gone Baby Gone

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I was stalked before I ever modeled, years ago.

It was as an activist that I caught the attention of a rather unstable man who claimed to be a child psychologist. He had a all-around creepy vibe from the start. He called me in spurts over the next year and a half or so and show up at meetings that were open to the public and would follow me out at the end. My friends soon insisted that one of them accompany me home at night. He'd call a lot of them, and people in the animal rights community who might know me and ask about me.

Eventually a male friend got through to him.

Jul 25 05 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

In 1905 if a man tossed pebbles at a woman's bedroom window to get her attention, he was a romantic trying to win her affections.

In 2005 if a man tosses pepples at a woman's bedroom window to get her attention, he is a stalker trying to get a restraining order.

I guess the only difference between a stalker and a romantic is the timing......

Jul 25 05 11:08 pm Link

Model

Cynthia Leigh

Orlando, Florida, US

If you have a website, you're going to get stalkers (or potential stalkers), it's going to happen.  I've had people follow me around at conventions (which was harmless since non-tried to follow me back to my hotel room) and I've had fans ask me where I work (which I'd then tell them the last place I worked at and not necessarily the correct location). 

I've never had an actual scary stalker experience mainly because I never give someone the chance.  I don't list my current place of work and even the actual city where I live (I do live very close to New Orleans, but not in New Orleans itself).  And I never give my real name out.  Yep.  And photographer's scoff at this last fact too when I sign the model release with a different name. *LOL*

Jul 26 05 12:58 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 
In 1905 if a man tossed pebbles at a woman's bedroom window to get her attention, he was a romantic trying to win her affections.

In 2005 if a man tosses pepples at a woman's bedroom window to get her attention, he is a stalker trying to get a restraining order.

I guess the only difference between a stalker and a romantic is the timing......

It's still romantic when you leave dismembered rabbit corpses oin my doorstep with those cute little notes that say "u next."

Jul 26 05 02:29 am Link

Photographer

Jaddie

Buford, Georgia, US

Posted by Cynthia Leigh: 
If you have a website, you're going to get stalkers (or potential stalkers), it's going to happen.

Dear Cynthia Leigh & Friends

I have a Web site but no stalkers. (My domain is my real first name, which I think is pretty nifty.)

Personally, I think that's a good reason to keep these love handles and gut.

Just joking.

—Jaddie

Jul 26 05 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

lol, tru.

I had a stalker. Some "model" here in Ohio who got mad that I paid the girl she'd been stalking for 2 1/2 years and not her. She almost ruined my rep with lies.

Jul 26 05 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

Viva Van Story

Long Branch, New Jersey, US

Jul 26 05 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

Viva Van Story

Long Branch, New Jersey, US

Posted by theda: 

It's still romantic when you leave dismembered rabbit corpses oin my doorstep with those cute little notes that say "u next."

Ha Ha that made me laugh.. thanks I needed that today! 

Jul 26 05 09:15 pm Link

Model

sweet d

Wichita, Kansas, US

I have a current stalker, She is my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend. What I don't get is they only dated for a month. Its not like they were married. I just moved in with him a year ago. I'm way younger than he or she is so I think thats why she's so jelous and follows me arround.
Now she has decided to play arround, she put in a complaint saying I was stalking her! She took me to court and now there is a temporary protection order until she moves. Can you believe that, the judge put the order in effect bacause he doesn't know who to believe. She's saying I follow her arround and I'm saying she follows me arround.
To make things even more awful my boyfriend and her have a child together!!!!! He and I have been dating for over a year and a half. Because she is so crazy he severed his parental rights!....It was sad, I didn't even know the kid and even I cried. It was one of the hardest things to go through. Now she is claiming I broke the order and beat her up. I have to go to court in September. I have a full time job, she says I beat her up in mid day. I work from 7am to 7pm. SHE IS FLIPPIN CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!-Desirae

Jul 26 05 09:19 pm Link

Model

Angie Rae

Lawton, Iowa, US

I was stalked by my ex-husband for over a year. The reason why we divorced is because he was extremely abusive. He has broke my leg, gashed my head open, and used to rape me when my blood sugar was so low I was comatose..(I've had diabetes since I was 6 years old). sad It's a long, depressing story, but after my very first modeling job, I came home to find out my kids had let him in my house. I didn't even know he was there. He beat me up and dislocated one of my fingers. I never used to go to the hospital, since I am a nurse and was too embarrassed to let my friends in ER know my husband beat my ass on a daily basis, and hurt me so bad. They knew though, especially after I had been limping on my broken leg for over a week. I would tell them that my blood sugar went low and I fell and hit my head on the sink, or some crazy story like that..but they all knew. Thank God he leaves me alone now. I have to take a very high dosage of antidepressant/antianxiety medication now, since I have anxiety attacks and a bad case of PTSD because of him and his abuse. Sorry for the long, depressing story, but just wanted to share. It helps to talk about it. Yep, he's sexy, but so psycho, he's just ugly to me.

Jul 26 05 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Posted by sweet d: 
I have a current stalker, She is my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend. What I don't get is they only dated for a month. Its not like they were married. I just moved in with him a year ago. I'm way younger than he or she is so I think thats why she's so jelous and follows me arround.
Now she has decided to play arround, she put in a complaint saying I was stalking her! She took me to court and now there is a temporary protection order until she moves. Can you believe that, the judge put the order in effect bacause he doesn't know who to believe. She's saying I follow her arround and I'm saying she follows me arround.
To make things even more awful my boyfriend and her have a child together!!!!! He and I have been dating for over a year and a half. Because she is so crazy he severed his parental rights!....It was sad, I didn't even know the kid and even I cried. It was one of the hardest things to go through. Now she is claiming I broke the order and beat her up. I have to go to court in September. I have a full time job, she says I beat her up in mid day. I work from 7am to 7pm. SHE IS FLIPPIN CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!-Desirae

He only dated her a month and they have a child together? Now that's sad! It's why I've always been an advocate for birth control.  (very much against my Catholic up bringing!)

Jul 26 05 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Posted by Angie Rae: 
I was stalked by my ex-husband for over a year. The reason why we divorced is because he was extremely abusive. He has broke my leg, gashed my head open, and used to rape me when my blood sugar was so low I was comatose..(I've had diabetes since I was 6 years old). sad It's a long, depressing story, but after my very first modeling job, I came home to find out my kids had let him in my house. I didn't even know he was there. He beat me up and dislocated one of my fingers. I never used to go to the hospital, since I am a nurse and was too embarrassed to let my friends in ER know my husband beat my ass on a daily basis, and hurt me so bad. They knew though, especially after I had been limping on my broken leg for over a week. I would tell them that my blood sugar went low and I fell and hit my head on the sink, or some crazy story like that..but they all knew. Thank God he leaves me alone now. I have to take a very high dosage of antidepressant/antianxiety medication now, since I have anxiety attacks and a bad case of PTSD because of him and his abuse. Sorry for the long, depressing story, but just wanted to share. It helps to talk about it. Yep, he's sexy, but so psycho, he's just ugly to me. 

Kids learn from their parents. So the best thing you could do was to leave him for your childrens sanity as well as your own!

It seems you have been working on gaining your own self respect and esteem, which is very important.  Good for you!
I'm sorry you had to go through all that!

Jul 26 05 09:35 pm Link

Model

Angie Rae

Lawton, Iowa, US

Thanks Patrick, and yes, the one and only thing that actually gave me the courage to finally leave, after 14 years, was the handprint he left on my son's back. He is 6'4, so a very big man and left a bruised print on my son's back where he had smacked him, and obviously way too hard. I left him about a week after that, after continual threats of killing me, and he kept me locked in our house for a week, while he watched everything I did...I couldn't even use the bathroom without him right behind me. He lost his job that week, due to not calling in. My Mom came and saved me, and he had nailed the front door shut from the outside. Thanks for your support, people just don't understand what some of us abused women have went through.

Jul 26 05 09:49 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

I can so relate. I dated this retard for 2 months and his psycho girlfriend (ex at the time) started stalking me. So 2 1/2 years later she is still stalking me and I have a restraining order against her. She has sent me a million emails from about 37 different addresses. Threatened to kill me and my family. She is bi-polar on top of that. She is insane. She is very very insecure. She accuses me of stalking her and doing the things she does to me. So I just ignore her and she goes away for a little while. Shs starts staring at my pictures and sends me a 4 page letter of how much she is "better than me at everything" and so on. Basically attacks me for her insecurity. Bey can vouch for this... he is talking about the same girl.

yeah... hopefully someday she gets therapy and medication.
Maybe I should call Dr. Phil?

Jul 26 05 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Posted by Model Sarah: 
I can so relate. I dated this retard for 2 months and his psycho girlfriend (ex at the time) started stalking me. So 2 1/2 years later she is still stalking me and I have a restraining order against her. She has sent me a million emails from about 37 different addresses. Threatened to kill me and my family. She is bi-polar on top of that. She is insane. She is very very insecure. She accuses me of stalking her and doing the things she does to me. So I just ignore her and she goes away for a little while. Shs starts staring at my pictures and sends me a 4 page letter of how much she is "better than me at everything" and so on. Basically attacks me for her insecurity. Bey can vouch for this... he is talking about the same girl.

yeah... hopefully someday she gets therapy and medication.
Maybe I should call Dr. Phil?

Consider yourself vouched.

Jul 26 05 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Posted by Shanaye: 
wow..on or offline?

I attract weirdos, male and female. I had this African guy at my school who used to follow me around, and I finally noticed him behind me one day when I was driving home, I kept driving around in circles and he stayed behind me the whole time..I was totally freakin out.

Online, I've lost count. I have more problems with girls on the internet than guys..they become infatuated with people who have blog sites for some reason.

With looks like yours having people fall for you, get obsessed or even stalking is probably something you'll just have to live with. But as for the weirdo part, I'm sure part of the problem is that photo of yours, people see it and they immediately and over-enthusiastically want to get a good look at your face, so they flip their heads over to the side very quickly. The law of averages says that several of them will bang their heads on  nearby hard object in the process... that knocks a few screws loose but doesn't stop their attraction... I'm sure taking 2 or 3 seconds in your favorite editing program to flip the photo will take care of the weirdo problem right away

Jul 27 05 12:55 am Link

Makeup Artist

tamra o

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Sure have ... not fun.  The phone calls "checking up" on me and then driving by my house to make sure I was actually home.  Nights with him parked out front my house, strange notes sent to me at work indicating he was watching me.  Yikes - I don't recommend it at all.

Jul 27 05 01:29 am Link

Photographer

orinxpress

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Not a funny subject for me. When I finally rescued my dad from a "sweetheart swindler" with the aid of local county protective services and the police economic crime unit, he had only $26, and the clothes on his back. And then the woman started stalking me while I hid him and sought to evict her from his home.

Jul 27 05 02:09 am Link