Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Tampa M&G Chit Chat 5

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
thank you envirofucks.. People are still selfish assholes.......
People are still dicks...

ummm you're welcome...i guess?

doug
"the envirofuck"

(the envirofuck that has travelled outside the borders of the USA where there are no "envirofucks".... where your eyes and throat burn, from just breathing the air and you have to drink bottled water...and yeah, no swimming today...)

May 03 10 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

and Kieth, can you beat $449, free shipping and no tax on a G11?

May 03 10 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

S W I N S K E Y wrote:
doug
"the envirofuck"

(the envirofuck that has travelled outside the borders of the USA where there are no "envirofucks".... where your eyes and throat burn, from just breathing the air and you have to drink bottled water...and yeah, no swimming today...)

I don't think it's any real secret here that I'm fairly right wing, but I'm a right wing "envirofuck" and proud of it.

We're destroying the planet for money, and some seem happy with that sad

May 03 10 08:44 pm Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Morning all!

May 04 10 05:13 am Link

Photographer

EdwinR Photography

Gainesville, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

Chris Rifkin wrote:

I don't think it's any real secret here that I'm fairly right wing, but I'm a right wing "envirofuck" and proud of it.

what he said... i am a type of enviro- fck    just not  a psycho nut... and yes still conservative and leaning right... but not too far... just cockeyed enough... to be just right... ;-)

May 04 10 06:37 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Just got back from Federal Court in Tampa
Had my car towed while I was in court
I forgot to put the ticket on my dash before I went into court

$3.00 ticket ended up costing me $125.00 and 45 minutes of walking around downtown Tampa

May 04 10 08:43 am Link

Model

Solstice Rain

Davenport, Florida, US

Add me to the list of Enviro-Fucks. Yeah, whale hugging tree lover here. I feel your pain Chris. We all would like things to make our job easier. Hell, I'm annoyed that the new "eco friendly" cups at 7-11 don't keep my coffee hot. But I also cry at the marine life dying in a sea of oil.

Sometimes we just have to accept a balance.

May 04 10 08:50 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Just got done with the gym
Good times

My girl Vanessa competed in Pittsburgh this past weekend
She won her class and best of show

I guess she got 2 trophies, the big one over 5 foot tall

Whenever Joey gets back down here she wants to shoot again

May 04 10 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

EdwinR Photography wrote:

ahhhh Keith...now you and Ed can debate history...and the constitution...lol... Ed knows history very very well... let the dueling begin...lol... and just think   we could be doing this face to face in CR...danm those capitalists...conservative sobs...its our fault...  ok ok...would still like to have you join us in CR my liberal friend...over monkeys and guiness....even our  politics cant pull us apart... joined at the hip..

I wish it was too be.. And actually, I blame not the right for the lack of opportunity.. I blame the cheapness of WalMart shoppers.. lol  And digital... big_smile 

As for history, I will say this, the vernacular and definition of words 200 plus years ago are not the same as today and to try to make it that, is to change history.. wink

And yes, the hip!!  And a couple of horny cats!!!  lol

May 04 10 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

S W I N S K E Y wrote:

'Fraid not... sad  And for the record, that's cost.. OY!!

May 04 10 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:
Just got back from Federal Court in Tampa
Had my car towed while I was in court
I forgot to put the ticket on my dash before I went into court

$3.00 ticket ended up costing me $125.00 and 45 minutes of walking around downtown Tampa

lol  Sorry man, that's just funny.. Even funnier you being a lawyer and all.. lol   

But sorry to hear that happened.

May 04 10 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

Totally agree... Hence my word of money huggers....   

And to Doug's point, spend some time in Bejing or Mexico City and you WILL appreciate the tree huggers... Now, some do go a little overboard, but if no one is watching the other side, we'll all be screwed...  And honestly, this isn't about right or left, it's just about being a good member of the world family... After all, man is the one animal that can destroy all others and seems willing to do it if it makes a buck...

May 04 10 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

And to Doug's point, spend some time in Bejing or Mexico City and you WILL appreciate the tree huggers... Now, some do go a little overboard, but if no one is watching the other side, we'll all be screwed...  And honestly, this isn't about right or left, it's just about being a good member of the world family... After all, man is the one animal that can destroy all others and seems willing to do it if it makes a buck...

I`m talking about the selfish idiots who block progress,and improving the
quality of life all to save a few bugs..
You kbow why Long Island has the highest cost of living in the country?
Because it costs doube to ship anything there,because of the horrific traffic issues created by the bug fuckers stopping any new freeways trucks can use to transport goods.
And ask how people living on streets that truckers use,because the few main arteries are clogged so badly and these streets are the only ones passable for big rigs how it feels to have trucks going through your neighborhood at all hours of the day and night..
This is what I`m talking about.Inconvienence?
Tell people living on Conduit Ave in Queens that have to live with breathing truck fumes,or hear loud engines 24/7,because the southern freeway
that would have taken the trucks off the streets Nd given a clear shot from southern Long Island to Staten island about inconvience,because the
bug fuckers were butthurt over a new freeway going over useless marshland(right by Kennedy airport)and other abandoned areas..

May 04 10 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

OwenImages

Pinellas Park, Florida, US

Yippppeeeeeee!  I just ordered the Alien Bee Ring Flash!  I will have it on Friday!
http://www.alienbees.com/abr800.html

I already have the Vagabond II so I should be all set.  I will be almost as cool as Ed....ok, not quite but at least moving in the right direction.  big_smile

May 04 10 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

S W I N S K E Y wrote:

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
'Fraid not... sad  And for the record, that's cost.. OY!!

amazon dot com...go figure, they had BH by $40...

May 04 10 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Chris Rifkin wrote:
I`m talking about the selfish idiots who block progress,and improving the quality of life all to save a few bugs..

yes, i would be one of the selfish ones that understand why we can't lose one more sub species....

Chris Rifkin wrote:
You kbow why Long Island has the highest cost of living in the country? Because it costs doube to ship anything there,because of the horrific traffic issues created by the bug fuckers stopping any new freeways trucks can use to transport goods.

less to do with "envirofucks", then the loss of a once huge tax base...

ok,i'm gonna stop reading now, cause i only got a couple of friends, i'd hate, to not like, one more of them....

go giants...

May 04 10 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
I`m talking about the selfish idiots who block progress

Selfish idiots? Just 'cause their opinion is different than yours?

May 04 10 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:
Whenever Joey gets back down here she wants to shoot again

This decade, I hope...

May 04 10 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

EdwinR Photography

Gainesville, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
If it was about architecture then those were NOT envirofucks.  Perhaps historicalfucks, but not enviro...  And no offense, but if drivers can do it in europe, it can be done here. Yes, it's an inconvenience and I understand what you're saying, but it is truly amazing how we want to destroy so much history in this country. We're not much for working with the history to make things viable, it's all about slash and burn. Try driving around germany or ireland.. It's an eye opener.

This is Ed, I just couldn't resist. I think it's a combination of both. It's the historo-envirofucks.
And no offense taken, but european drivers do not drive trucks that are anything like American over-the-road 18 wheelers. Our trucks are simply bigger and longer. Many OTRs pull trailers that are either 48'-53' and this can be very difficult to maneuver in cities, such as NYC, which have street grids designed well over a century ago, and thousands of low bridges. NY also has dozens of parkways in it's system which were designed for cars only, and they won't replace the low bridges with higher ones, not simply for their historical value, but for non existent environmental reasons and the general hatred for trucks, so, the results are expected. The Long Island Expressway is a daily parking lot, and the state refuses to address it because it will cost too much and piss off the historo-envirofucks.

Ed

May 05 10 02:35 am Link

Photographer

OwenImages

Pinellas Park, Florida, US

Today is a special day at WH.  Just sayin'.

May 05 10 05:00 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Feliz Cinco De Mayo!

May 05 10 05:42 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Speaking of fucked up enviroment..
Any news on this oil slick in the Gulf?
I have a shoot for May 15th
and 2 the following weekend......(the 22nd and 23rd)

Do y`all think I`ll get these in(shooting in the water at sunset?)

I`m fearful about my June 25th shoot,and all my beach shoots
Fetcon week are in jepordy as well sad

Wondering if the back bays and lagoons that are facing westward will
be OK...

May 05 10 06:47 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Yes on the 15th

We'll have to see on the June shoot

=======================================================
DEEPWATER HORIZON OIL SPILL

INCIDENT UPDATE

May 4, 2010         2:03PM

Friends,

I just had a conference call with the Secretary of the Department of Environmental Protection, Mike Sole and I thought you would like to hear an update on the Deepwater Horizon incident. Mother Nature has cooperated somewhat and the oil slick has not yet made any landfall, but we are preparing for it in the near future in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Florida panhandle area.

Here are some of the technical points that you may want to know:

·        The well's potential flow is 1 million barrels a day, but the blowout preventer has one of three actuators functioning so the flow has been restricted to about 5,000 barrels a day.

·        The dome device they are deploying, perhaps as early as this weekend, will restrict that flow by about another 85%.

·        BP is moving forward with the drilling of relief wells, but that will take 2-3 months.

·        Florida continues to plan for land fall in the panhandle area and has already declared a level 2 emergency in Escambia through Bay counties.

·        If the slick reaches Franklin County, the St. Petersburg Coast Guard Station Command Center will activate to coordinate all efforts on the west coast.

·        Pinellas County Administrator Bob LaSala continues to coordinate with the DEP to be prepared for whatever response is necessary at the local level.

·        The Federal Government has already closed some of the Gulf around the plume to fishing and is considering further closures as the situation dictates.

There is currently no reason to believe that there will be weather that will drive the plume south into the Loop Current in the short term which would impact the shores around Pinellas County. Nevertheless, we are continuing to plan. The surface burns are working to the degree that nature will allow.

Although BP is leading the efforts to stop the flow and coordinate the cleanup, the state is being aggressive in planning to deploy whatever means necessary to protect our shores. We will not wait for BP if we feel it is time to deploy our resources. We believe that all BP assets will be available for recovery under the circumstances.

Here are several sources that you can directly access to get up to date information:

Florida Emergency Information Line:

Report oiled shoreline or request volunteer information:

Submit alternative response technology, services or products:

Submit your vessel as a vessel of opportunity skimming system:

Submit a claim for damages:

Report oiled wildlife:
(800)-342-3557

(866)-448-5816

(281) 366-5511

(281) 366-5511

(800) 440-0858

(866) 557-1401

Website Information:

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Fisheries Response

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Deepwater Horizon Website

U.S. Department of Energy Situation Reports for Deepwater Horizon Incident

U.S. Minerals Management Service (MMS) Gulf of Mexico Website

U.S. Department of Interior (DOI) Deepwater Horizon site

Florida Department of Environmental of Protection Deepwater Horizon Website

American Petroleum Institute Deepwater Horizon Question and Answer Website

The initial cleanup seems to be going well, but we must remain vigilant. I will continue monitoring the situation and keep you abreast of the circumstances. Of course, if I can be helpful, please don't hesitate to call my office at (727) 518-3902.

Kind Regards,

Jim Frishe

State Representative
Florida District 54

May 05 10 07:02 am Link

Model

Nikolette Amani

Augusta, Georgia, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

be OK...

I was thinking about this same thing

May 05 10 07:07 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

be OK...

The Dee wrote:
I was thinking about this same thing

I think according to the update Carl I think we are going to
be OK,especially if the summertime weather patterns hold(a sustained
northwesterly wind flow would fuck everything up and put the
slick into the Gulf Streem)
Don`t sweat it Whitney,we will figure out something if the worst
happens,

May 05 10 07:58 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:
Yes on the 15th

We'll have to see on the June shoot

=======================================================
DEEPWATER HORIZON OIL SPILL

INCIDENT UPDATE

May 4, 2010         2:03PM

Friends,

I just had a conference call with the Secretary of the Department of Environmental Protection, Mike Sole and I thought you would like to hear an update on the Deepwater Horizon incident. Mother Nature has cooperated somewhat and the oil slick has not yet made any landfall, but we are preparing for it in the near future in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Florida panhandle area.

Here are some of the technical points that you may want to know:

·        The well's potential flow is 1 million barrels a day, but the blowout preventer has one of three actuators functioning so the flow has been restricted to about 5,000 barrels a day.

·        The dome device they are deploying, perhaps as early as this weekend, will restrict that flow by about another 85%.

·        BP is moving forward with the drilling of relief wells, but that will take 2-3 months.

·        Florida continues to plan for land fall in the panhandle area and has already declared a level 2 emergency in Escambia through Bay counties.

·        If the slick reaches Franklin County, the St. Petersburg Coast Guard Station Command Center will activate to coordinate all efforts on the west coast.

·        Pinellas County Administrator Bob LaSala continues to coordinate with the DEP to be prepared for whatever response is necessary at the local level.

·        The Federal Government has already closed some of the Gulf around the plume to fishing and is considering further closures as the situation dictates.

There is currently no reason to believe that there will be weather that will drive the plume south into the Loop Current in the short term which would impact the shores around Pinellas County. Nevertheless, we are continuing to plan. The surface burns are working to the degree that nature will allow.

Although BP is leading the efforts to stop the flow and coordinate the cleanup, the state is being aggressive in planning to deploy whatever means necessary to protect our shores. We will not wait for BP if we feel it is time to deploy our resources. We believe that all BP assets will be available for recovery under the circumstances.

Here are several sources that you can directly access to get up to date information:

Florida Emergency Information Line:

Report oiled shoreline or request volunteer information:

Submit alternative response technology, services or products:

Submit your vessel as a vessel of opportunity skimming system:

Submit a claim for damages:

Report oiled wildlife:
(800)-342-3557

(866)-448-5816

(281) 366-5511

(281) 366-5511

(800) 440-0858

(866) 557-1401

Website Information:

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Fisheries Response

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Deepwater Horizon Website

U.S. Department of Energy Situation Reports for Deepwater Horizon Incident

U.S. Minerals Management Service (MMS) Gulf of Mexico Website

U.S. Department of Interior (DOI) Deepwater Horizon site

Florida Department of Environmental of Protection Deepwater Horizon Website

American Petroleum Institute Deepwater Horizon Question and Answer Website

The initial cleanup seems to be going well, but we must remain vigilant. I will continue monitoring the situation and keep you abreast of the circumstances. Of course, if I can be helpful, please don't hesitate to call my office at (727) 518-3902.

Kind Regards,

Jim Frishe

State Representative
Florida District 54

This could aslo affect the future M&G we are pplanning sad

May 05 10 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Chris Rifkin wrote:
This could aslo affect the future M&G we are pplanning sad

Yes we are definitely in a "Wait and see" posture right now

May 05 10 08:47 am Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

hello how is everyone?

May 05 10 09:17 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

bgcfoto wrote:
hello how is everyone?

Sup.

May 05 10 09:26 am Link

Photographer

EdwinR Photography

Gainesville, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
As for history, I will say this, the vernacular and definition of words 200 plus years ago are not the same as today and to try to make it that, is to change history.. wink

Ed again, Hello Keith, I couldn't help but respond to this one too. I can see your point here, I'm sure words like "Freedom", "Liberty", "Limited Government", "Inalienable Rights" don't have the same meaning they did 200+ yrs ago

May 05 10 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

EdwinR Photography wrote:
Ed again, Hello Keith, I couldn't help but respond to this one too. I can see your point here, I'm sure words like "Freedom", "Liberty", "Limited Government", "Inalienable Rights" don't have the same meaning they did 200+ yrs ago

And I'm sure those aren't the only words used. And words, like many things, fall under interpretation. Even Freedom or Inalienable Rights. Lest we also not forget that I highly doubt that the Fathers were thinking 200 plus years into the future and what this country and WORLD would be like.

I'll go so far as to say that if the Fathers were here today, the would claim the Right to Bear Arms is outdated and not needed. Why? Because what we have today was not available then. Hence a different need. The bottom line is, unless ANYONE has had a conversation with the founding fathers recently, we ARE interpreting what they deemed were Freedoms and Inalienable Rights. To deny that is to be closed minded. smile

OR, what would fall under the concept/idea of Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

May 05 10 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Don Smith photography

Riverview, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

And I'm sure those aren't the only words used. And words, like many things, fall under interpretation. Even Freedom or Inalienable Rights. Lest we also not forget that I highly doubt that the Fathers were thinking 200 plus years into the future and what this country and WORLD would be like.

I'll go so far as to say that if the Fathers were here today, the would claim the Right to Bear Arms is outdated and not needed. Why? Because what we have today was not available then. Hence a different need. The bottom line is, unless ANYONE has had a conversation with the founding fathers recently, we ARE interpreting what they deemed were Freedoms and Inalienable Rights. To deny that is to be closed minded. smile

OR, what would fall under the concept/idea of Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I think given world history just sense my Birth I think I'll have to pass on your assessment of the 2nd amendment.

May 05 10 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

EdwinR Photography

Gainesville, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Wolfie, words like "Freedom" and "Liberty" were the things our founders were thinking about. They established a nation based on those basic concepts. Just as you or I can not tell the future, the founders couldn't either, but they understood the lessons of history and they knew that if people did not posses their own freedom and liberty, they would become subjects to tyrants which would pop up from time to time. They understood this by first hand experience! The founders believed in "Limited Government" to prevent the rise of a tyranny and they did it by establishing a system of government of three separate but equal branches. They insisted on "Equal justice", and recognized Inalienable rights, or those rights which are reserved to the people. Now you can claim that the definitions of words change, but you cannot argue the context of those words.   

I hear this argument all of the time, and it has a flaw. It assumes that firearms technology renders the right to bear arms, as the best reason firearms should not be a right. Heres the thing, none of us can tell the future, that much is true. But we all know that technology does improve devices over time, and even the founders had to know this. In their time a Kentucky long rifle was the assault rifle of their day and they were around to see other improvements, but that wasn't what they were concerned with. What they were concerned with was Freedom and Liberty and they knew that one of the things that the people had the right to was a means for the people to rise up against tyrants with an ability to use force, if necessary. To defend freedom and liberty, and as a insurance policy which keeps the government limited. If we understood this, give the people, the biggest baddest guns to stand up against any would be Hitler, or Stalin, bring on firearms technology!

"The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared with any possible army,  must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."

Tench Coxe 1788

May 05 10 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

FootNote Fotography

Gainesville, Florida, US

And on another note....

Anyone like Baseball? I am defiantly looking to go to a Rays game when I am in the area next month (I love being able to say that). Anyone want to organize a group and go?

May 06 10 12:48 am Link

Photographer

EdwinR Photography

Gainesville, Florida, US

yeah all the political discussion is a buzz kill im afraid...

we are preparing for our trip to CR...one more shoot this weekend before the marathon...o yeah and our "clogged drain"...seems like Ed was a bit over zealous with the snake and drilled through the pipe and lodged the sucker in the ground... soooooo  we have been told by the experts, we must access the area by breaking into the floor where the pipe ends and cutting the "bad area" out and reconnecting with new pipe.... hmmmmm  cha ching.... well for now the snake lives on, stuck.. and we will take care of it when we return...

this is a thursday morning bump a roo...

May 06 10 03:14 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

FootNote Fotography wrote:
And on another note....

Anyone like Baseball? I am defiantly looking to go to a Rays game when I am in the area next month (I love being able to say that). Anyone want to organize a group and go?

When are you comming in again...
I`m actually going to be in town quite a bit (unusual for me)
Maybe we can set something up..
Believe it or not we have a 1st place team here
But most here are either Yankee Fans,or Mets fans(me,Reby,and Al)

May 06 10 03:57 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

I should probably talk to O'Meara and see if I can sucker him into letting me shoot one of those games

I've never shot a baseball game before

May 06 10 05:20 am Link

Photographer

FootNote Fotography

Gainesville, Florida, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

When are you comming in again...
I`m actually going to be in town quite a bit (unusual for me)
Maybe we can set something up..
Believe it or not we have a 1st place team here
But most here are either Yankee Fans,or Mets fans(me,Reby,and Al)

Yeah Joe is a traitor he is a Yankee's fan.

I still dont have any exact dates, but it will be the end of June and/or the start of July. I should be in town for 8-10 days.

May 06 10 05:29 am Link

Photographer

FootNote Fotography

Gainesville, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:
I should probably talk to O'Meara and see if I can sucker him into letting me shoot one of those games

I would love to get in there and be able to shoot... that would be crazy.

I was told they are pretty lenient on what they let you in there with though.

May 06 10 05:32 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:

I got to shoot a St Louis Cardinals game once ( you know, a real World Series winning team ). You cannot believe how unbelievably hot is in on the field. I had a female assistant that day, and her makeup was running off her face, she looked like Alice Cooper...lol

Also, those boys are hella big when you stand next to them!

May 06 10 06:34 am Link