Forums > General Industry > List photographers you would love to work with.

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Christopher Bush wrote:

so there's no cream to rise?  what type of society produces the most cream?

The sort of society in which I'm currently living in. Which is by most measures a shitty one. It produces an inordinately high percentage of exceptionally driven, talented individuals in a number of fields.

Sep 12 06 12:47 pm Link

Model

KatieK

Lawrence, Kansas, US

Sep 12 06 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

KM von Seidl wrote:
Has anyone actually done a head count of names listed?

Where's the really bad names that are overwhelming the list?

Well this particular thread isn't necessarily reflecting bad taste... I mean, I don't agree that all those photographers in the head count you made are better than average, but at the same time they aren't all average either.  I was speaking more philosophically though.  In general lists like this don't go to prove anything... and I don't really find them very "positive" MHana...

Sep 12 06 09:19 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Anyway,  I need to make a list of the often noted and then the greats or very goods that are often forgotten.

Here is one.

Hassan Kinley
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics.php?id=1241

Has anyone mentioned Escalante yet?

Do a search he is with the best also.

more later.
I do think these threads are postive but more people need to search out this site and not just repeat things other people say.

Sep 12 06 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

MHana wrote:
Anyway,  I need to make a list of the often noted and then the greats or very goods that are often forgotten.

Here is one.

Hassan Kinley
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics.php?id=1241

Has anyone mentioned Escalante yet?

Do a search he is with the best also.

more later.
I do think these threads are postive but more people need to search out this site and not just repeat things other people say.

I think I mentioned Escalante on the sylist thread, naming 10 names off the top of my head as examples of excellent photographers.  Since he doesn't hang out in shoutbox or appear in the forums, he doesn't get mentioned nearly as much as others.

Sep 13 06 01:02 am Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

Who do I have to sleep with to get my name off the list?

Sep 13 06 01:09 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

oldguysrule wrote:
Who do I have to sleep with to get my name off the list?

I've already covered that angle, Mr. G.  To sleep with some to get on the list, to not sleep with some to get on the list, to sleep with some just to sleep with 'em....

you see the theme in my offer.

Of course, you being a male and most of them female, gives a different twist than my offer.

Sep 13 06 01:16 am Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

KM von Seidl wrote:
Of course, you being a male and most of them female, gives a different twist than my offer.

Well yeah, but I'm hawt!

Sep 13 06 01:18 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

oldguysrule wrote:

Well yeah, but I'm hawt!

You are!  I saw that photo in your port before you took it out.  Plus, you've got that pocket thingie which you can use which basically makes you all purpose!

Sep 13 06 01:24 am Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

KM von Seidl wrote:
You are!  I saw that photo in your port before you took it out.  Plus, you've got that pocket thingie which you can use which basically makes you all purpose!

yep. self-sufficiently pansexual. lol

Sep 13 06 01:26 am Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

This thread is a cross between ?THe Oscars Gone Wild" and the AVN awards...

LMAO

Sep 13 06 01:27 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

oldguysrule wrote:

yep. self-sufficiently pansexual. lol

Pansexual.  Does that mean you have sex in a forest and have pointed ears?

Sep 13 06 01:29 am Link

Photographer

Josue Pena

Brittney Harrington wrote:

To Josh:
Hold your horses! When we first met before either of us had ports which contained images that were powerful and had imact.......well we had some smile ) - we planned a shoot so long ago I don't want to remember the actual date because it will scare me how time flies!

(-0) MY FAvORITE-RICh-oldguysrule-looking forward to working you-one of top 3 three faves here and I admire your work and sarcastic personality! You are the bomb!

0) GW Burns:  My loving husband (your syrup is growing mold) GW Burns-when are you xoming home? And when r we shooting?

1) JOSUE PENA
-i have wanted to shoot with you for forever but I lagged on setting up a shoot after our initial meeting and if we never shoot I will always admire your work! smile Muiah! But how about another coffee at that place where we met (I still forget the name???) Your work Is AMAZiNG and I hope to grace your port one day!

2) MAYCUPLOVER (yeah she is a MUA but whatever--she is as talented as she is kind and I hope to work with her one day! I would be ecstatic!

3) Rich rosendorf (RRpix) - would LOVE to work with him! Incredible artist/photog!

5) JonasJ (gives the best hugs ever, heart of gold and spectacular work!

6) ChristianBehr-no explanation necessary!

7) Michael Taverner-exceptional work and one heck of a creative eye

8) LU - love her work!

**those were the only ones that popped into my head-sure I will come up with more-oh wait three more---

z) Brian Ziff

8) David Oscar Flores

9) Robert Voltair

11))*****my favorite: DAVID INGHAM
-we set up a shoot and have been talking on MM numerous as well as viea phone and we went ahead and set up a shoot as well as an appt. To  style my hair!  I am still mind-blown however unfortunate circumstances occurred and we won't be working together anymore! Bummer and a half! Would love to shoot with him-maybe someday!

11) Marko-cezi-karuzic

12) Michael Rosen

13) Phillip Ritchie

14) Juan Zembrano

15) Udor (quite the popular man!)

16) And my fave: JAY carreon who for as long as I remain in this industry
*so all in end, I could keep adding to this list till it never ends!

17) Moody Melon

Dude I didn't realize I could make this list go on for awhile

18) And Erik Jensen-u r a doll-looking forward to shooting! smile

All the best,
Britt

aawww!! girl thanks for all that!!! U are the sweetest!!!
smile
lets go for a coffe now!!!!!

Sep 13 06 01:35 am Link

Photographer

Josue Pena

Cristina Ashley wrote:
Let's see....I'll post up my nice list that i've been keeping for a few months.

In no particular order...

That's The Spot
Sabawa
Dame
Kevin Russ
Kevin Norris
Bryan Benoit
Within A Dream
KoolGirlieStuff
Baii
Garth Staunton
RiceProject
JJ Photography
Ryan Michael
Josue Pena
Eric Wimberly
Christian Behr
Jamie Ibarra
ValentineFotographics
Redi
Renni Solis
D Blanks

*Phew.... that's not even everyone....

Maybe some day that dollar I burried out back will grow into a money tree
*crosses fingers*

hey I am in your list too!!! thanks!!! smile
you girls make my day!!!!
you have great taste on choosing photographers except for me!!! I sux!!!!!!!!
smile

Sep 13 06 01:38 am Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

KM von Seidl wrote:
Pansexual.  Does that mean you have sex in a forest and have pointed ears?

while holding a skin flute, yep

Sep 13 06 01:45 am Link

Photographer

ChristianBehr

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Thanks... it's an honor to be on those lists. 

Personally, I've been lucky enough to work with a couple of the main shooters on lists.  Jerry Avenaim and Roberto ( fotorat )... both inspired me greatly.

The lists don't tell me that I've got it... only that I'm on the right track at times.

christian

ps.  Yeah.. it's true, fotorat is a smelly bastard sometimes.  But then again, I think he endured me shortly after " Chili Night," so all's good.

Sep 13 06 02:15 am Link

Photographer

GW Burns

Sarasota, Florida, US

Brittney Harrington wrote:

To Josh:
Hold your horses! When we first met before either of us had ports which contained images that were powerful and had imact.......well we had some smile ) - we planned a shoot so long ago I don't want to remember the actual date because it will scare me how time flies!

(-0) MY FAvORITE-RICh-oldguysrule-looking forward to working you-one of top 3 three faves here and I admire your work and sarcastic personality! You are the bomb!

0) GW Burns:  My loving husband (your syrup is growing mold) GW Burns-when are you xoming home? And when r we shooting?

1) JOSUE PENA
-i have wanted to shoot with you for forever but I lagged on setting up a shoot after our initial meeting and if we never shoot I will always admire your work! smile Muiah! But how about another coffee at that place where we met (I still forget the name???) Your work Is AMAZiNG and I hope to grace your port one day!

2) MAYCUPLOVER (yeah she is a MUA but whatever--she is as talented as she is kind and I hope to work with her one day! I would be ecstatic!

3) Rich rosendorf (RRpix) - would LOVE to work with him! Incredible artist/photog!

5) JonasJ (gives the best hugs ever, heart of gold and spectacular work!

6) ChristianBehr-no explanation necessary!

7) Michael Taverner-exceptional work and one heck of a creative eye

8) LU - love her work!

**those were the only ones that popped into my head-sure I will come up with more-oh wait three more---

z) Brian Ziff

8) David Oscar Flores

9) Robert Voltair

11))*****my favorite: DAVID INGHAM
-we set up a shoot and have been talking on MM numerous as well as viea phone and we went ahead and set up a shoot as well as an appt. To  style my hair!  I am still mind-blown however unfortunate circumstances occurred and we won't be working together anymore! Bummer and a half! Would love to shoot with him-maybe someday!

11) Marko-cezi-karuzic

12) Michael Rosen

13) Phillip Ritchie

14) Juan Zembrano

15) Udor (quite the popular man!)

16) And my fave: JAY carreon who for as long as I remain in this industry
*so all in end, I could keep adding to this list till it never ends!

17) Moody Melon

Dude I didn't realize I could make this list go on for awhile

18) And Erik Jensen-u r a doll-looking forward to shooting! smile

All the best,
Britt

Wife thank you so much for including your hubby in the list...I will be in LA and Santa Barbara next week so get ready to shoot and tell the neighbors to close their windows at night lol!
G

Sep 13 06 08:40 am Link

Photographer

GW Burns

Sarasota, Florida, US

KatieK wrote:
How do y'all even start?!  I'm up to a huge list just off the top of my head and am certain that there are quite a few missing, but here's my wishlist: (in no specific order)

Jarvis
Mike Brouwer
Michael Sloane
Mikey Boy
Michael Rosen
Dee
PTB Photography
FrizzyCube
LGL Underground
GW Burns
Eyeworks
ward
Haleh
Eikona
Bob Randall
SouthBound
Onyx Photography
Seraphim Studios
Sita Mae Edwards
BSP
Brian Hillburn
etc., etc., etc........I'm sure with one more cup of coffee I could at least double this.  There is such amazing talent on this site and in general....

Katie get to St Louis we will rip it.  Thanks for including me into a list of impressive talent.  You made my day!
G

Sep 13 06 08:44 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

If I had to pick a photographer I'd like to work with it would be either GW Burns or Mike Walker. I"d be willing to hold reflectors or any other of the mundane tasks that go into a shoot in order to work with them.

Sep 13 06 08:45 am Link