Forums > General Industry > List photographers you would love to work with.

Photographer

The Polaroid Guy

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

Catriona wrote:
AdamtheJohnson

yikes Holyyyy crap.

That's so awesome of you.

Sep 09 06 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Opus Lily

New York, New York, US

Sep 09 06 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Bryan Benoit

Miami, Florida, US

LiliOPhoto wrote:

I don't mean to sound harsh, but most people here haven't really developed an eye for good photography. This is why you see photographers whose work is eye-candy getting the most mentions.  People see all that color saturation and get the sense that those are the photographers who must be doing the best work. They are not looking at work from a story telling standpoint, and this is where the real world differs from the internet world. To get respect here, you take a bunch of good looking models, post them in front of a seamless in a studio, get a really good stylist, and then take the same image over and over again. That could give the false sense of good photography because the models are beautiful and there's good styling.

This whole thread is meant as fun but there is always someone that has to rain on the parade.. Why? I will let you fill in the blank.

Sep 09 06 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

Martini

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

I look horrible in photographs.

There's only one person I want to shoot me, and I haven't mentioned it yet.

It's James Graham. Shhhh…

Maybe that Hypolux chick.

D Brian Nelson scares me a little, otherwise, him too.

Oh, and thank you CareLyn!

Sep 09 06 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Hillburn

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

KARLOS MATTHEWS wrote:
who do I have to sleep with to get my name on this list ?

Karlos,I have no doubt you're already on numerous models' wish list. They just aren't on this thread. Your work is outstanding!

Sep 09 06 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

Opus Lily

New York, New York, US

Bryan Benoit wrote:
This whole thread is meant as fun but there is always someone that has to rain on the parade.. Why? I will let you fill in the blank.

I didn't rain on anyone's parade. I was explaining my view. Take it with a grain of salt.

Sep 09 06 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

Lucinda Wedge

Littlerock, California, US

I don't want to work with this photographer, but I'd love to hang out and watch him work for like a week.  LOL!  I think he's extraordinary.  His name is Misha Gordin and his website is www.bsimple.com   He's not on MM.

Sep 09 06 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

LiliOPhoto wrote:

I didn't rain on anyone's parade. I was explaining my view. Take it with a grain of salt.

How do you know he was referring to you? wink

Sep 09 06 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

I think this is the first time I've ever been listed on one of these want to work with lists.  And from a younger male no less.  Cool! 

Okay, truthfully, once after I publically begged and sniveled and otherwise embarrassed myself, someone took pity and reluctantly added me....

Hey, did you notice what sort of company he placed you in, by the way?? That's a damn impressive group. Damn impressive!

Sep 09 06 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

Sandy Ramirez

Brooklyn, New York, US

LiliOPhoto wrote:

I don't mean to sound harsh, but most people here haven't really developed an eye for good photography. This is why you see photographers whose work is eye-candy getting the most mentions.  People see all that color saturation and get the sense that those are the photographers who must be doing the best work. They are not looking at work from a story telling standpoint, and this is where the real world differs from the internet world. To get respect here, you take a bunch of good looking models, post them in front of a seamless in a studio, get a really good stylist, and then take the same image over and over again. That could give the false sense of good photography because the models are beautiful and there's good styling.

Definitely Have to agree with you on that statement

Sep 09 06 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Sonar Advertising wrote:

lol...

Um...no...I was uh...just visiting lol. Who needs positive reinforcement anyway .

Sep 09 06 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Sonar Advertising wrote:

lol...

Um...no...I was uh...just visiting lol. Who needs positive reinforcement anyway .

Sep 09 06 03:27 pm Link

Model

Brittney Harrington

Los Angeles, California, US

Orlando Perez wrote:

AHEM !!!  ;-)

And one of my favorites of all time: the love of my shooting : Orlando Perez - he punmped up my port like you could never believe> I LOVE YOU AND WOULD LOVE TO SHOOT WITH YOU AND I WILL CALL YOU! And we will shoot! oh and by the way,

Jose luis - i forgot you too-would love to shoot with you-there are a lot of photogs i would love to shoot.

**Orlando and I go way back to the dinosaur age! LOVE YOU SWEETS!

Sep 09 06 04:26 pm Link

Model

Brittney Harrington

Orlando Perez wrote:

AHEM !!!  ;-)

And one of my favorites of all time: the love of my shooting : Orlando Perez - he pumped up my port like you could never believe> I LOVE YOU AND WOULD LOVE TO SHOOT WITH YOU AND I WILL CALL YOU! And we will shoot! oh and by the way,

Jose luis - i forgot you too-would love to shoot with you-there are a lot of photogs i would love to shoot.

Model

Brittney Harrington

Orlando Perez wrote:

AHEM !!!  ;-)

And one of my favorites of all time: the love of my shooting : Orlando Perez - he pumped up my port like you could never believe> I LOVE YOU AND WOULD LOVE TO SHOOT WITH YOU AND I WILL CALL YOU! And we will shoot! oh and by the way

JOSE LUIS - i forgot you too-would love to shoot with you-there are a lot of photogs i would love to shoot.

Model

Brittney Harrington

Orlando Perez wrote:

AHEM !!!  ;-)

And one of my favorites of all time: the love of my shooting : Orlando Perez - he pumped up my port like you could never believe> I LOVE YOU AND WOULD LOVE TO SHOOT WITH YOU AND I WILL CALL YOU! And we will shoot! oh and by the way

JOSE LUIS - i forgot you too-would love to shoot with you-there are a lot of photogs i would love to shoot.

Model

Lorraine Fischer

hmmm other then the wonderful/talented Rick Shellhouse who i get to work with alot.....

- Navid
- Christain Behr (very soon)
- Gavin O'Neil
- Orlando Perez (soon enough)
- RRPIX

I may add more later but for now my list seems complete ... smile

Sep 09 06 05:17 pm Link

Model

Savvy1007

Sequoia Emmanuelle - http://www.sequoiaemmanuelle.com
https://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8420/seqkatui7.jpg

Sep 09 06 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Orlando Perez

Anaheim, California, US

Brittney Harrington wrote:

Brittney,

Thank you so much on the compliment.  I had so much fun with you when I first did a shoot and you learned very quickly.  You didn't hesitate and you did fabulously.  I still remember our times at the studio.  And yes we will shoot again soon enough.  Thanks for the chit chat today and I know we'll chit chat some more in the future.

Jose is funny, he means no harm. 

Yep, Britt and I go wayyyyyyyyyyy back.  So lets do it again Britt.  ;-)  Love you too sweets.

Orlando.

Sep 10 06 12:25 am Link

Photographer

Orlando Perez

Anaheim, California, US

Lorraine Fischer wrote:
hmmm other then the wonderful/talented Rick Shellhouse who i get to work with alot.....

- Navid
- Christain Behr (very soon)
- Gavin O'Neil
- Orlando Perez (soon enough)
- RRPIX

I may add more later but for now my list seems complete ... smile

Lorraine,

Thanks for adding me to your list.  The list you just mentioned are very talented photographers that I constantly keep looking at their work.  They're fabulous and you'll get outstanding results from them.  And yes soon enough we'll shoot together...guaranteed.  ;-)

Orlando.

Sep 10 06 12:26 am Link

Model

Tania Donnelly

Marko Cecic-Karuzic (MM# 28088)

James Graham

Wolf189
(Done few sessions with but always short and in a hurry...I hope we can do at least one long session one day)

fotorat

Michael Rosen

Markus Richter

Navid (MM# 134276)

Sep 12 06 04:21 am Link

Photographer

Lucinda Wedge

Littlerock, California, US

Brittney Harrington wrote:
8) LU - love her work!

All the best,
Britt

Thank you Britt!

Sep 12 06 04:34 am Link

Photographer

LITHIUM PICNIC studio

you know i don't really do nudes but i'd even show my cha cha just to get a shot with roberto...

and i don't even have a cha cha.

i'm just sayin.

fotorat wrote:
stinky bastard

Sep 12 06 04:35 am Link

Model

HP

Dan Doyle
Marco Antonio
Michael Rosen
Ira Meyer
Ray Savage
Atreidex
Todd Pinkle

to name a few smile

Sep 12 06 04:38 am Link

Model

Brittney Harrington

LiliOPhoto wrote:

You have a very good point and to an extent I couldn't agree more-but still not sure if I have an eye smile lol

Sep 12 06 04:45 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Catriona wrote:
I am noticing that a lot of the photographers on this list do have in common that their shots either centre heavily on the model and her face, or are primarily fashion/artistic, vs. commercial or glamour, which is the genre it seems a lot of the photographers complaining here that they aren't being picked shoot.

Hrm... that's an interesting theory...

Sep 12 06 07:59 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

LiliOPhoto wrote:

Also a very interesting theory... one I have subscribed to myself, but my question would then become: How long is it before it becomes a case of giving "people" what they want?

What I'm getting at is, if this "internet world" of models, and a few photographers who've responded to this thread, is even somewhat representative of the real world's general population, then it is obvious that the work that is considered "strong" by those of us who know a story from an over saturated piece of eye candy is not really as "strong" as we think it is.  In reality the majority rules, and unfortunately I think the general population's taste level has gone completely down hill... the general population would rather have Foldger's crystals than a cup of hand roasted Full City Arabica beans from Africa...

Sep 12 06 08:19 am Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

one of the responsibilities of a free society is to tolerate mediocrity.  discuss.

Sep 12 06 08:22 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Christopher Bush wrote:
one of the responsibilities of a free society is to tolerate mediocrity.  discuss.

the result of a democratic society with a free market economy *IS* mediocrity.

It is a reality of such a system that the extremes of good and bad get weeded out by both processes.

Bland is the new good.

Sep 12 06 08:25 am Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

James Jackson wrote:

the result of a democratic society with a free market economy *IS* mediocrity.

so there's no cream to rise?  what type of society produces the most cream?

Sep 12 06 08:26 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Christopher Bush wrote:

so there's no cream to rise?  what type of society produces the most cream?

Sorry for the slow edit in finishing my thought above...

It's not that there "is not cream to rise"... it's that the society as a general whole will always follow the bell curve and choose mediocrity more often... just by sheer statistical reality.

What type of society produces the most cream? None... all societies are geared towards creating mediocrity... it is the function of *ANY* society to create a baseline of "normal" that everyone strives towards.  The question to ask would be "What type of society encourages and supports the cream the most?"

I don't have an answer to that one, but I'd be interested to figure it out.

Cream is produced in equal measure in any society... be it excellence in athletics, arts, sciences, or philosophy.  Certain societies *are* better at encouragement and support of those who are excellent though...  I'm not really sure as a practical matter that they are good at anything else... but I'm sure they exist.

Sep 12 06 08:33 am Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

James Jackson wrote:
Bland is the new good.

is it really new, though?  doesn't the definition of exceptional imply that most things are not? 

sorry, i can't come up with anything profound until the afternoon.

Sep 12 06 08:36 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Christopher Bush wrote:

is it really new, though?  doesn't the definition of exceptional imply that most things are not? 

sorry, i can't come up with anything profound until the afternoon.

Well that was pretty profound... puts my whole premise in a different light too.  So if the photographers everyone picks on these lists are the average "good" not the low percentage "exceptional" then it really isn't a good thing to be on a list like this.

Of course.... then you have to figure out if you're not on the list because you're average bad, really bad, or really good, but hey.

Sep 12 06 08:40 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

James Jackson wrote:

Also a very interesting theory... one I have subscribed to myself, but my question would then become: How long is it before it becomes a case of giving "people" what they want?

What I'm getting at is, if this "internet world" of models, and a few photographers who've responded to this thread, is even somewhat representative of the real world's general population, then it is obvious that the work that is considered "strong" by those of us who know a story from an over saturated piece of eye candy is not really as "strong" as we think it is.  In reality the majority rules, and unfortunately I think the general population's taste level has gone completely down hill... the general population would rather have Foldger's crystals than a cup of hand roasted Full City Arabica beans from Africa...

Has anyone actually done a head count of names listed?

I'm thinking I've seen fotorat's name mentioned a good deal.  Does that reflect bad taste?

Marko's I've seen too.   I think his work is excellent.

Where's the really bad names that are overwhelming the list?

Sep 12 06 11:22 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Lists like this are for positive listing.

Please make another thread if you wish to discuss issues of why people like certain images or if you wish to offer critiques.

Thankyou.

Mhana moderator.

Sep 12 06 11:28 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

LiliOPhoto wrote:

Okay I just looked over page one.   I'm not going to count the whole thread....but I think your apparent frustration with internet voting might be a bit off.  On page one the name that were repeated more than once were:  Rich goldstein-3,James Graham-3, Jeffrey Scott, Fotorat-3, Nadya Lev 3, Micheal Rosen 4, Bob Randall 2, Lithium Picnic 3, Sean Armenta=3. Gavin O Neil 2, Eyecandy 2 Chip willis  2.

Seems to me to be a very good bunch.  Marko starts making a strong appearance after page 1. 

A fashion presence, and no slouches in my book.   Yes there are some alternative phtographers here, but they all excel in what they do.

So at least as it relates to page one, I can't really bemoan this list as being selected by people with undeveloped eyes.

Sep 12 06 11:40 am Link

Model

Dani_86

Brandon, Florida, US

Add JJD Productions #7146 to the list.  Not many white backgrounds but lots of eye candy.

Sep 12 06 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Chouraqui

Aix-en-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur, France

pick me up I will be shooting end october in LA
have still a few sessions to fill with beautiful faces

Sep 12 06 12:13 pm Link

Model

KatieK

Lawrence, Kansas, US

How do y'all even start?!  I'm up to a huge list just off the top of my head and am certain that there are quite a few missing, but here's my wishlist: (in no specific order)

Jarvis
Mike Brouwer
Michael Sloane
Mikey Boy
Michael Rosen
Dee
PTB Photography
FrizzyCube
LGL Underground
GW Burns
Eyeworks
ward
Haleh
Eikona
Bob Randall
SouthBound
Onyx Photography
Seraphim Studios
Sita Mae Edwards
BSP
Brian Hillburn
etc., etc., etc........I'm sure with one more cup of coffee I could at least double this.  There is such amazing talent on this site and in general....

Sep 12 06 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

KatieK wrote:
How do y'all even start?!  I'm up to a huge list just off the top of my head and am certain that there are quite a few missing, but here's my wishlist: (in no specific order)

Jarvis
Mike Brouwer
Michael Sloane
Mikey Boy
Michael Rosen
Dee
PTB Photography
FrizzyCube
LGL Underground
GW Burns
Eyeworks
ward
Haleh
Eikona
Bob Randall
SouthBound
Onyx Photography
Seraphim Studios
Sita Mae Edwards
BSP
Brian Hillburn
etc., etc., etc........I'm sure with one more cup of coffee I could at least double this.  There is such amazing talent on this site and in general....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm on a list IM on a LIST!!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

Sep 12 06 12:19 pm Link