Forums > General Industry > Fake or Real?

Photographer

Brian Kim

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Posted by Matthew Grogan: 

Posted by theda: 

Posted by McKenzie: 
Believe it or not, I have implants.

Umm... I believe it.

Candy: It looks like you only went up about one cup size. You'd be one of the girls who could fool me. 

I can tell Candy had them done as well, but it's not something that your eyes immediately pick up because as you said Theda, she didn't over do it. I'm not going to point out how it's obvious to me, because that's not important. 

More questions that I never thought I would ever have to hear, yet somehow, hear them all the time...

What's your insertion point?
What sized bag did you go with?
Who was your surgeon?
Underinflated or full bag?
How many cc's?
What shape? Teardrop or round?
Over muscle or under?
For how long did you poop suberballs?
Any internal scar tissue?
Have you seen a massage therapist?

yadda, yadda, yadda...you're killing me.

I should get hired to shoot the damn surgeries, just so the girls can compare battle field photos.

Apr 27 05 02:57 pm Link

Model

MissTree

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I'm extremely flat. 34 A. I don't want them done. Though I have thought of it a million times. I always think in swimsuits I would get more jobs. I'm very thin though, so I guess natural is fine. I've seen models like me, so I have to keep my chin up. haha
I don't do nudes anyways... and padding works just fine ;-) lol

Apr 27 05 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Udo R Photography: 

Posted by Joe Kozlowski: 
I wonder if the fascination with big boobs has something to do with the fact that most contemporary men were bottle fed.

Which is a very popular theory among social behaviourists. Of course there are exceptions, but it shows the tendencies.

Ah, what do shrinks and behavioral experts know? *grin* Most are out of the swing of things, because of all the time they spent becoming Professional Students. Okay, unfair to mock our academic counterparts and I do apologize for my cantankery. Anyhow, if I can properly recall the timeline accurately, the rise of interest in breast augmentation took off during Donald Trump's peak in power and fame. Everyone remember how all the women in his office were blonde and had breast implants? That was actually an employment requirement. Once it was revealed on national T.V., "big boobs" became the public and household buzz. Big boobs has become a symbolic visual of wealth, fame, personal power and empowerment and surprisingly, a damn good fallback for a woman if she needed to make good money on the side...posing nude obviously. When presented with an "easy money" opportunity like that, a lot of women will consider getting theirs done too.

This trend became "an issue" months following that report, because the technology for breast augmentation then was in its infancy and undergoing growth pains (like software and hardware do...but in this case, women suffered and were hospitalized). On the heels of this came another phenomena...this time, involving girls in their middle and high school years, many of whom are very impressionable and developing symptoms that was conveniently delineated to depression and other mental and physical disorders. Remember that report on T.V. and the articles in popular magazines? Later, did you all manage to catch how the researchers delineated this issue to the teen suicide death?

I like to think I monitor the trends pretty well and I have to say that the interest in breast augmentation seems to have died a little. That might be a good thing, but leave it up to society to find an equally worse fad as a replacement. It's only been recently published that now, many girls and women are getting into steroids. Once again, the motivation for it is the same as it was with the bigger boobs phenomena -- to look like a million bucks and be accepted by social circles a girl never would've dreamed of.

It's for those impacts on society why I'm not completely enamoured with all the aspects, sub-cultures and what not of this industry. A lot of people have the tendency to say, "awww fuck you" as a response to being overwhelmed with very large and complex problems. I feel that everyone (including me), is not doing all that we can to send out a responsible message to everyone. Our pictures says a lot and our actions even more. That's why I've always been a firm believer in keeping minors out of online communities like MM and OMP...at least until we can all safely say that our images aren't contributing to society's various ills and disorders.

Yes, I do realize that we're all stuck between a rock and a hard place, and I do know that I'm being very idealistic in a world that's built upon a circular logic, dog-eat-dog economy. But hey...there's no harm in trying to right some wrongs right?

Okay, I'm done mental vomiting for the day. *grin*

Apr 27 05 03:59 pm Link

Model

May

Los Angeles, California, US

Natural all the way

Apr 27 05 04:40 pm Link

Model

Abattoir Scarlett

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I don't think I could never get implants. I'm getting by with the size I have. However, I am often dissatisfied with the *shape* and the size of the areola in proportion to the rest of the breast. I have considered getting the areola reshaped, but that is not a concern on the forefront at the moment, and something I still need to do a lot more researching on and thinking about.

Apr 27 05 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by Miss Lollerpop: 
I don't think I could never get implants. I'm getting by with the size I have. However, I am often dissatisfied with the *shape* and the size of the areola in proportion to the rest of the breast. I have considered getting the areola reshaped, but that is not a concern on the forefront at the moment, and something I still need to do a lot more researching on and thinking about.

They look fine to me ... I mean seriously, I don't see where you have a problem. Maybe it's just a guy thing with me?

Apr 27 05 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

jimmyd

Los Angeles, California, US

i only have a problem with bolt-ons when they're poorly, uhhh... bolted on.

if you're a model and you're going to have them done, do it right: research the doctor, get references, and don't do it till you have enough money to do it right. A truly great set of chest puppies ain't cheap!!!!

keep the world safe from FrankenTitz okay?

(Note: Please excuse my coarseness.  I can't help it. The writers write me this way.)

Apr 27 05 08:23 pm Link

Model

Abattoir Scarlett

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by Joe Kozlowski: 

They look fine to me ... I mean seriously, I don't see where you have a problem. Maybe it's just a guy thing with me?

It really does depend on the angle. The picture I have with me in the red corset turned out fabulous.

I mean, it comes down to me being rather self-critical. I'm sure we all have things that stand out to us more than it does to others.

Apr 27 05 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

A friend of mine once said, "There is a big differene between $12,000 boobs, $3,000 boobs, and the $500 ones you get down in Mexico."

Now, I dunno from Mexico, but she was right. Done well, they are fine. Done poorly . . . ew.

I don't mind implants, but I find natural a LOT more sexy.

Apr 27 05 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Posted by Herb Way: 
They almost never look "right."   

If a girl is a full B or small C and gets no bigger than 1 cup size, then most of the time, it looks right.  It also depends on who does the surgery.

Apr 27 05 11:06 pm Link

Photographer

Adonis G

Miami, Arizona, US

Real is the only way to go, fake for the most part look horrendous when nude.

Apr 28 05 01:32 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Alot of photographers say they wouldn't work with women with fake boobs, but it is the women with fake boobs that stand out and are the majority in the industry.

And I know for a fact that alot of you will shoot them on a drop of a dime.  DON'T LIE!

Apr 28 05 02:08 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Really? Which industry is that?

Apr 28 05 02:39 am Link

Photographer

Herb Way

Black Mountain, North Carolina, US

Posted by Miss Lollerpop: 

Posted by Joe Kozlowski: 

It really does depend on the angle. The picture I have with me in the red corset turned out fabulous.

I mean, it comes down to me being rather self-critical. I'm sure we all have things that stand out to us more than it does to others.

Vanessa, you're beautiful and there's nothing wrong with your breasts.  Work at feeling really comfortable in your own body.  Sure, angle has a little something to do with that photo, but what was more important was the aura that you exuded during the shoot.  You were a joy to work with.  That's why I got all caught up in the experience, shot an exhorbitant number of photos, and am now faced with a daunting editing task.  LOL 

Apr 28 05 06:30 am Link

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

If you do it ..do it for the right reasons and not regret something that will haunt you years later. Also remember health issues is also important in doing this.

Apr 28 05 06:39 am Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

real breasts...

most fake breasts look like someone took an ice cream scoop and molded the breasts from that

Apr 28 05 07:08 am Link

Photographer

Steven Stone Photo

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

I like ice cream.

Apr 28 05 07:17 am Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

Posted by Blacklist Visual: 
I like ice cream.

I like ice cream too - but not in the form of 2 flesh balls on a chest

Boobjobs are great when they look natural and compliment the model instead of becoming human bumper guards

Apr 28 05 07:19 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

if I can properly recall the timeline accurately, the rise of interest in breast augmentation took off during Donald Trump's peak in power and fame. Everyone remember how all the women in his office were blonde and had breast implants?

Well, Joe, you are correct regarding the IMPLANTS, however, the implant craze may have started with trump, but the obsession of America for hughe breasts reaches much further back.

Remember Russ Meyers?

That was only a reflection of American fascination with hugh mammarie glands.

The technology just enabled women with naturally shaped bussoms to become humungeous (sp?).

The problem I see is that way too many women getting their breasts done and they end up being totally unfit for their bodies.

Then there are the nazi-tits... unmoveable, always pointing in the same direction, no "jiggling" just screwed on balloons.

As many said here already, when the breasts are done and in "body range" of maybe a cup size bigger and well done... then it actually can look better.

But as I said... for me... there are other criteria (gluteus maximus athleticus) ;-)

Anyway, to each its own.

Apr 28 05 09:34 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by Joe Kozlowski: 
I just took a pass on an opportunity to work with an otherwise lovely young lady. Because of her boob job, I'm sure that when she dies, somone's going to have to bounce on the coffen lid to get it closed.

Hey,that was a good one!  ha ha ha...

::::Reese scratches kudo point on tally sheet for Joe::::

Apr 28 05 09:39 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Posted by Lady Atropos: 
real breasts...

most fake breasts look like someone took an ice cream scoop and molded the breasts from that

Hey now...  A LOT of people like ice cream...  Don't pull ice cream into the debate... 

Apr 28 05 09:45 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Posted by Lady Atropos: 

Posted by Blacklist Visual: 
I like ice cream.

I like ice cream too - but not in the form of 2 flesh balls on a chest

Another funny ha ha line!

::::kudo point scratched on Lady's tally sheet::::

Apr 28 05 09:47 am Link

Photographer

Ascending Phoenix

Lexington, Kentucky, US

I won't shoot a model with fakies. I actually turned down a model after we'd planned on shooting once she got her breasts done and instead of getting "a lil fix" as she promised she went up two cup sizes and it looked like two ballons had been stuck under her chest, To quote Alfred E Newman, "Bleech!"

But I'm also not into large breasts in general. I won't pck models above a C cup anyway because I don't find D's and above attractive, plus since I primarly do art nudes large breasts tend to distract and it becomes all about the boobs

((((((

AMEN Can I agree.Dont want my images reduced to single comment of NICE RACK.Thats not why I photograph women and Nudes.Natural is my preference 36B and under and solid self confidence far sexier IMHO

Apr 28 05 09:51 am Link

Model

tash_moore

Columbus, Ohio, US

It really is a personally decision. Only you can decide if you want to or not.

Personally, imho, I only like breasts that look natural, wheather they are or not doesnt matter (and I have seen some that were large and looked real, but weren't, of course they were on a thick (not fat) girl)

Also remember that they require upkeep (like getting them replaced or removed down the road). Bra's are harder to buy and cost more. And clothes in general do not fit well when your cheast is bigger then everything else. Next time you go to a store that sells bras check out the selection. Your band size will stay the same. What is the biggest cup size the avrage store has in your band size? Do you want to pay for bra's the right size to be shipped to you? Do you want to pay for custom tailoring of your clothes? Remember this is expensive stuff. It is more then just the cost of surgery.

I used to be a natural 34DD. I had a REDUCTION to a 34C. (I woulda gone smaller, but I didnt want to much of a change as well as removing less will help me later on when I have kids...) So I might be biast against super large breasts. Just remember to do all of your research before you decide.

Apr 28 05 09:54 am Link

Photographer

MikeyBoy

Milltown, Wisconsin, US

Howdy Folks !

I have absoultely no problem with breats implants... for a lot of the shoots i do... ie bodypainting and biker and other assorted fun stuff they totally rock ! 

But on the other hand lately i have been shooting small breasted gals and it is very refreshing and lovely too... maybe because they are so out of the ordinary photographically..... you take notice more because its not the 99% of what you see publised in glam and whack magazines and also you tend to see OTHER elements in the pics too.. huge boobs  actually exert a gravitational pull on the eyes that distracts from everything else in the photo..

Also, note to models.... PLEASE do not regale me with the surgical details of your surgery.... all i wanna do is photograph them, not get a medical lesson on implant surgery and recovery smile~~  (feeling faint just thinkin about it).......

need to lie down now..

Mikey

Apr 29 05 05:23 pm Link

Model

Madame Cosmos

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Well either or works for me.
I dont think they should look rediculous tho.

Apr 29 05 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

MRP-Photography

Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

Posted by Ami: 
It really is a personally decision. Only you can decide if you want to or not.

Exactly!

Apr 29 05 05:29 pm Link

Model

Amy Davis

Weatherford, Texas, US

Well this is America ... so if it helps with the model's self esteem and confidence... then go for it... butas for  me!   Personally I love being natural... beside, I know I have great boobs... So why mess with anything that is already perfect!  Besides my boobs have been the main reason for a lot of my paid assignments... the past few weeks!

Good luck to you all!

Keep smiling,
Amy

Apr 29 05 06:05 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I think the only definitive conclusion that we have come to in this thread is that ice cream is good.

Apr 29 05 09:23 pm Link

Model

Naomi Jay

New York, New York, US

Big, small...as long as they look good.
My first choice will be a lift at 40 :-)
I'm not to far off..I'll take donations.

Apr 29 05 09:53 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

The only time I don't like 'em is when they are SO BEYOND A DOUBT obviously fake.  Like round globes protruding forward from a woman's chest at a perfect right angle.

It just ain't right.

Apr 29 05 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

I'm saddened when a woman augments what had been perfectly symmetrical and healthy breasts for the sake of size. If they are disappointed in being small by nature, wait until their implants are 20 years old and impress no one.

It never looks natural, but it's not impossible to shoot them well.

Apr 30 05 01:03 am Link

Model

kerri taylor

Hawley, Pennsylvania, US

i got implants.. they are rockin lol

May 21 05 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

edrickguerrero photography

Pasadena, California, US

i don't like to feel fake boobs. but i like the way they look on a clothed woman. the really good ones i can't see because i don't frequent strip clubs that much anymore...i need to save up for more camera equipment. and i'm from the west coast...

It is also quite interesting that the openess and defense for augmentation and "as is"... varies drastically from East to West coast.

If you take a look who is defending and supporting augmentation, you see that most are in the West coast region and the ones the prefer naturals (but don't discriminate) are on the East coast!

Euro is a totally different situation. I grew up there without implants being even a discussion and was an "exotic" American thingy.

May 21 05 06:06 pm Link

Model

Mistress Purgatori

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Posted by Udo R Photography: 
Remember Russ Meyers?

That was only a reflection of American fascination with hugh mammarie glands.

The technology just enabled women with naturally shaped bussoms to become humungeous (sp?).

yes but I'm like russ meyer women I am naturally big breasted.
russ's girls didn't have implants and were nice big and natural breasted.
xxx
MP

May 21 05 06:09 pm Link

Model

Constance Hilory

Mobile, Alabama, US

My stand on it is fairly simple, I think that it is each woman’s personal decision. Just make sure you seriously think it through. Consider both the pros and cons before you decide. It’s an adult decision and should be treated as such.

May 21 05 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

edrickguerrero photography

Pasadena, California, US

forget this real or fake boob argument! if the girl has chicken legs, her fakies won't rebalance nature! she's gotta have calves, man... calves. hips. thighs. and deriere...

May 21 05 06:12 pm Link

Model

Mistress Purgatori

I think it's perfectly fine as long as the chick really wants to get them for herself.and does the research on the doctor.
and there are alot better doctor's out there who can make them look natural.but I don't care if other women are real or fake as long as they look damn good.jenna jameson's new set very good and they look good not just in clothes but w/ her clothes off but pam anderson her implants don't look good in or out of clothes because they are just so hard and obviously fake.
xxx
MP

Posted by Lapis: 
I would like to hear everyone's opinions on breast augmentation.

May 21 05 06:13 pm Link

Model

Mistress Purgatori

oh yes and going back to another post it doesn't matter about america's obsession w/ big tits.
we are all ppl and indivduals and we each have preferences.big,med small real or fake.
xxx
MP

May 21 05 06:16 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

oh phoey poo...alot of photogs that won't shoot me on account of my boobs..darn it.

well, i got my boob job before i started modeling and I assure you that you'd rather see them the way they are than the way they were. I breastfed two kids....yeah i said it, I have two kids. and my breasts were UGLY!!!! before that, I always said I would never go under the knife. I was a happy, perky B. After kids, I'm sorry, but they needed to be fixed! So I fixed 'em.

Mistress Purgatori,hence the hips....hee hee smile

Just my 2 cents

May 21 05 08:10 pm Link