This thread was locked on 2015-03-18 18:59:08
Forums > Events > SoCal 'Taco Tuesdays' in Inland Empire (ongoing)

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Just put this up on Craigslist and I thought I'd give my friends a chance at a great camera and 2-lens deal. It's the D7000 with MB-D11 battery pack, 18-55 ED-VR zoom, 70-300 ED-VR zoom, 3 camera batteries, YN-560 Flash & Tripod. Selling $2100 worth of Nikon gear to the first person with $1400 cash. Message me if you're interested... wink

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/GaryAbigt/ForSale.jpg

May 22 12 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

FotoGregg

Riverside, California, US

Select Models wrote:

Oh there's SOMEBODY out there who KNOWS what I'm talkin bout Willis... wink

And the suspense builds... see you all in a couple of hours.

May 22 12 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

FotoGregg

Riverside, California, US

FotoGregg wrote:

And the suspense builds... see you all in a couple of hours.

Nevermind... gotcha... TH

May 22 12 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:
Just put this up on Craigslist and I thought I'd give my friends a chance at a great camera and 2-lens deal. It's the D7000 with MB-D11 battery pack, 18-55 ED-VR zoom, 70-300 ED-VR zoom, 3 camera batteries, YN-560 Flash & Tripod. Selling $2100 worth of Nikon gear to the first person with $1400 cash. Message me if you're interested... wink

Does this mean you are upgrading? To what?

May 22 12 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Charonda Glamour wrote:

Does this mean you are upgrading? To what?

Don't know yet... some new Nikon cameras coming out in the next few months.  Got an offer for $1200 for everything in the pic above... if I can get $1300 I'll sell it all... wink

May 23 12 06:01 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

FotoGregg wrote:

Nevermind... gotcha... TH

LOL... little dancin dude is jammin bigtime... lol

May 23 12 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Select Models wrote:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/GaryAbigt/ForSale.jpg

Gotta $1200 offer this morning... holding out for $1300 and these goodies will go bye-bye... borat

May 23 12 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Albert

Los Angeles, California, US

Select Models wrote:

Gotta $1200 offer this morning... holding out for $1300 and these goodies will go bye-bye... borat

Wow, $1300 is such a bargain for the kit that has produced such classic images, like buying one of van Gohs brushes...

May 23 12 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Paul Albert wrote:

Wow, $1300 is such a bargain for the kit that has produced such classic images, like buying one of van Gohs brushes...

Hey Paul... yeah... that camera has created some amazing shots.  Looks like it will be selling tomorrow night to a high school girl who's dad is buying the whole kit for her as a graduation present... that's a cood dad... borat

May 23 12 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Select Models wrote:

Don't know yet... some new Nikon cameras coming out in the next few months.  Got an offer for $1200 for everything in the pic above... if I can get $1300 I'll sell it all... wink

UPDATE... just sold the entire kit for $1400 at Starbucks 2 hours ago... YAAAAAAY!... gonna pickup either a D800 or the D600 (not out yet but soon).  Should I bite the bullit and get the D800... or wait for the D600... I'm TORN and sooooo confused... what should I do?... hmm

May 23 12 11:44 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:
UPDATE... just sold the entire kit for $1400 at Starbucks 2 hours ago... YAAAAAAY!... gonna pickup either a D800 or the D600 (not out yet but soon).  Should I bite the bullit and get the D800... or wait for the D600... I'm TORN and sooooo confused... what should I do?... hmm

I've been reading up on the D800. I think it is overkill for what you do. It will slow you down. Too complicated and expensive. Hold out for the sweet spot, if you can wait that long. In the meantime you still have the D700. That's my 2 cents.

May 24 12 12:27 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Charonda Glamour wrote:
I've been reading up on the D800. I think it is overkill for what you do. It will slow you down. Too complicated and expensive. Hold out for the sweet spot, if you can wait that long. In the meantime you still have the D700. That's my 2 cents.

Yeah... the D700 and the D5100... that's a pretty sweet little camera for APS.  Will be using it this Sunday for video at the Mt. Baldy 'Stream

May 24 12 12:59 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Charonda Glamour wrote:

I've been reading up on the D800. I think it is overkill for what you do. It will slow you down. Too complicated and expensive.

Hmmmmmm... well it may be alittle on the expensive side... BUT... definitely NOT complicated as the controls and layout of the D800 are almost exactly like that of the D700 that I've been using for a few years now.  FILE SIZE must be one of the BIG concerns with the D800... and I have several small size memory cards of only 4 and 8 gigs in size... hmm  I'm thinkin the smallest card you're gonna wanna put inside that beast has got to be at least a 16 gigger... wink

May 24 12 08:37 am Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:
Hmmmmmm... well it may be alittle on the expensive side... BUT... definitely NOT complicated as the controls and layout of the D800 are almost exactly like that of the D700 that I've been using for a few years now.  FILE SIZE must be one of the BIG concerns with the D800... and I have several small size memory cards of only 4 and 8 gigs in size... hmm  I'm thinkin the smallest card you're gonna wanna put inside that beast has got to be at least a 16 gigger... wink

Yeah, file size is what I mean. Longer transfer times, etc. You are a fast-paced dude. Do you really need 36 MP? I think 18-24 mp is the sweet spot for portrait/glamour, unless you are going for high-end commercial print work.

In the Sony camp a lot of photographers are hoping Sony DOES NOT go to 36mp for their next flagship camera.

May 24 12 09:01 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Charonda Glamour wrote:
Yeah, file size is what I mean. Longer transfer times, etc. You are a fast-paced dude. Do you really need 36 MP? I think 18-24 mp is the sweet spot for portrait/glamour, unless you are going for high-end commercial print work.

Looks like this one is falling in 'the sweet spot zone'.  THIS camera needs to hit the camera stores NEXT WEEK as I would sooooo buy this right now... borat

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/05/23/newup … ions.aspx/

May 24 12 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:
Looks like this one is falling in 'the sweet spot zone'.  THIS camera needs to hit the camera stores NEXT WEEK as I would sooooo buy this right now... borat

Yeah, I like the sound of this one. 24mp is what I want too. I would be a happy camper. I worry about excessive pixel density at 36MP. Besides, any more MP than this and it's gonna cost big time. I would have to upgrade my laptop, buy more expensive lenses, more memory cards, more storage space. The list goes on! Most of my images go on the web anyway. If I were selling fine art prints then I might consider going there, or to 4x5 format.

But this is what we always say everytime sensor technology advances; we 'don't need it'. I'll bet 2 years from now 36 mp will be the defacto 'standard'. So, what can you do? There's no end to it!

May 24 12 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:

Here's an interesting blurb from the web

===========

The french magazine Chasseur Magazine unveiled the future Nikon D800 specs and as I told you over 6 months ago it uses the new Sony 36 Megapixel Full Frame sensor!

Here are the specs of the sensor:
CMOS Full Frame with 36-megapixel
This Exmor sensor provides high dynamic range and low noise images.
Expect grain free images, printed in A2 up to ISO 1600.
The D800 will range from ISO 100 to ISO 6400 (extended modes ISO 50, 12800 and 25600).
Full HD 1080p in 30p, 25p and 24 p. There will be a PCM recorder.
Like the D4, the Nikon D800 will be able to output uncompressed video on its HDMI port.

Of course Nikon is using their own Expeed engine to elaborate JPEG images and Video stream. As a filmmaker I like the uncompressed clean HDMI output and hope Sony will take notice of that

What matters for you to know is that the next Sony Full Frame camera will NOT use that sensor. It will have a newly designed 24 Megapixel sensor and I honestly welcome that news. Don’t like that Megapixel race and 24 megapixel should allow more per pixel sharpness and much higher ISO. Anyway, I expect one more Sony Full Frame camera to be unveiled in early 2013 having the same 36 Megapixel sensor.
===========================================

May 24 12 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Charonda Glamour wrote:
Yeah, I like the sound of this one. 24mp is what I want too. I would be a happy camper. I worry about excessive pixel density at 36MP. Besides, any more MP than this and it's gonna cost big time. I would have to upgrade my laptop, buy more expensive lenses, more memory cards, more storage space. The list goes on! Most of my images go on the web anyway. If I were selling fine art prints then I might consider going there, or to 4x5 format.

But this is what we always say everytime sensor technology advances; we 'don't need it'. I'll bet 2 years from now 36 mp will be the defacto 'standard'. So, what can you do? There's no end to it!

Then you're probably right... D600 will be my camera of choice... I just need it to come out TODAY... wink

May 24 12 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:
Then you're probably right... D600 will be my camera of choice... I just need it come come out TODAY... wink

That's the catch! I guess you'll have to buy the D800 now and then get the D600 when it finally materializes. At that time you can loan me the D800 for a year to break it in for you while you break in your D600. See how my mind works? https://images.proboards.com/new/cool.png

May 24 12 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Charonda Glamour wrote:

That's the catch! I guess you'll have to buy the D800 now and then get the D600 when it finally materializes. At that time you can loan me the D800 for a year to break it in for you while you break in your D600. See how my mind works? https://images.proboards.com/new/cool.png

You're sneaky... lol... BUT... I'm definitely NOT buying both... and from what I've read about what's gonna be on the D600... you're RIGHT... It's sounding like much more the camera for me... BUT... I'd sure like to get my hands on a D800 just to see those monsterous JPEGs on my big monitor.  I've NEVER shot RAW and I don't plan on starting... even with those two new cams... wink

May 25 12 09:22 am Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:
You're sneaky... lol... BUT... I'm definitely NOT buying both... and from what I've read about what's gonna be on the D600... you're RIGHT... It's sounding like much more the camera for me... BUT... I'd sure like to get my hands on a D800 just to see those monsterous JPEGs on my big monitor.  I've NEVER shot RAW and I don't plan on starting... even with those two new cams... wink

You don't need to shoot RAW 'cause you have a lifetime of experience in photography. I need to shoot RAW 'cause I make so many dumb EV and WB mistakes. RAW has SAVED MY ASS countless times! EV & WB can be more easily corrected in RAW than in Photoshop and the like. With RAW you have a direct interface with most of the camera settings, so you can go back and adjust those settings in the editor as if you were doing it on the camera. Gives you a second chance in case you made a settings error when you took the shot. I need all the chances I can get because it's all hit and miss for me. But as I am improving lately I find myself skipping the RAW step and going direct to the jpg for the editing. That's a good sign. It means I'm learning something, after beating my head against the wall all these years.

May 25 12 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Charonda Glamour wrote:

You don't need to shoot RAW 'cause you have a lifetime of experience in photography. I need to shoot RAW 'cause I make so many dumb EV and WB mistakes. RAW has SAVED MY ASS countless times!  But as I am improving lately I find myself skipping the RAW step and going direct to the jpg for the editing. That's a good sign.

Sure is a good sign... Laura Shodire has taught you well... lol... borat

May 25 12 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:

Sure is a good sign... Laura Shodire has taught you well... lol... borat

She is very talented.

May 25 12 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Charonda Glamour wrote:
She is very talented.

Yep... and she's coming to the Mt. Baldy shoot on Sunday too with 8 other llamas... so prepare yourself for some more schooling... lol

May 26 12 04:31 am Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:
Yep... and she's coming to the Mt. Baldy shoot on Sunday too with 8 other models... so prepare yourself for some more schooling... lol

My first encounter with Laura, at a previous Select Models forest shoot:
https://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v48/p657940626-4.jpg

The amazing thing about Laura is that she looks totally different every time I see her. I can't imagine what she'll come up with tomorrow.

May 26 12 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Charonda Glamour wrote:

My first encounter with Laura, at a previous Select Models forest shoot:
https://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v48/p657940626-4.jpg

The amazing thing about Laura is that she looks totally different every time I see her. I can't imagine what she'll come up with tomorrow.

Her evil dark-haired twin will be showing up tomorrow at the Mt. Baldy shoot... lol... got 2 photographer openings left too... borat

May 26 12 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:

Her evil dark-haired twin will be showing up tomorrow at the Mt. Baldy shoot... lol... got 2 photographer openings left too... borat

You mean her?

https://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v43/p456624402-4.jpg

May 27 12 10:11 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Charonda Glamour wrote:

You mean her?

https://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v43/p456624402-4.jpg

Yep... that's the one... and here she was yesterday... borat 

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/GaryAbigt/Sho24.jpg

May 28 12 10:05 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Got another free makeup kit we're giving away this coming Tuesday... let's see what model shows up first to claim it... wink

May 28 12 09:58 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Another party night filled with $1 tacos and $3 margaritas... one BIG table reserved... and of course... the chips and guacamole are ALWAYS FREE!... yaaaaaaaay!... borat

May 29 12 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

See you party animals in about an hour.  We're always there til around 930... so if you're alittle late... no problem... wink

May 29 12 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bean

Mira Loma, California, US

Bummer - I completely forgot about Taco Tuesday tonight.  I was working on my computer and I looked at my watch and it said 9 pm.  I'll have to come twice next week.

May 29 12 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Michael Bean wrote:
Bummer - I completely forgot about Taco Tuesday tonight.  I was working on my computer and I looked at my watch and it said 9 pm.  I'll have to come twice next week.

But Mikey... that cute waitress was askin about you... I think she has 'the hots' for ya... lol

May 30 12 06:22 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Had a whole bunch of photographers... but no models last night.  That's OK... didn't have to give away the free makeup kit... borat... maybe next Tuesday... wink

May 30 12 11:55 am Link

Photographer

MatiasOrtiz_Photography

San Bernardino, California, US

see you next tuesday, im coming from san bernardino

May 30 12 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

MatiasOrtiz_Photography

San Bernardino, California, US

see you next tuesday, im coming from san bernardino

May 30 12 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:
Had a whole bunch of photographers... but no models last night.  That's OK... didn't have to give away the free makeup kit... borat... maybe next Tuesday... wink

Good. I still have a chance to nab that kit, which, to be fair, should go to a photographer after three trys! Couldn't make it last night. Exhausted. https://images.proboards.com/new/rolleyes.gif

May 30 12 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Charonda Glamour wrote:

Good. I still have a chance to nab that kit, which, to be fair, should go to a photographer after three trys! Couldn't make it last night. Exhausted. https://images.proboards.com/new/rolleyes.gif

Hate to tellya Clarkmeister... BUT... that makeup aint gonna make you look any less exhausted... lol

May 30 12 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:

Hate to tellya Clarkmeister... BUT... that makeup aint gonna make you look any less exhausted... lol

Maybe not, but it would be handy to have on hand for home shoots. Give it UP Gary! https://images.proboards.com/new/cool.png

May 30 12 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Charonda Glamour wrote:
Maybe not, but it would be handy to have on hand for home shoots. Give it UP Gary! https://images.proboards.com/new/cool.png

Dude... sorry... makeup kits are only goin out to the girls... besides the free chips and guacamole... we gotta give them another reason to show up... lol

May 30 12 04:17 pm Link