Forums > General Industry > Why this facination with nudes on here!!!!

Photographer

Elegant Photographic

Warwick, Rhode Island, US

The female body is beautiful, one with nature, and should be captured as a gift to the world as evidence to this.  I shoot all genres- mostly live music and sports, but I do love the female form and love to shoot models.  I do not require nudity but I do seek models from time to time for this.  I often find I am labelled as a perv for asking, because of the "guy with a camera" that is just looking to score, but I try to ignore this and push on.  Respect your models boundaries, and you will be good.  Keep up the good work ladies and gents! 

Happy Holidays!
Tom smile

Nov 29 11 08:14 am Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Moderator Note!
I'm going to move this out of General Feedback and into the General Industry forum, where it belongs.

Nov 29 11 08:14 am Link

Photographer

DC Photo - Inactive

Trenton, New Jersey, US

blacquejack wrote:
Yep, try shooting a loaf of bread along with a wine bottle, bet you be hungry before you even get a decent image of it, but by the time you done, you might have some lighting skills. It's actually a very hard image to do, as you work with different surfaces that requires different lighting.

Have fun with it, lol

I'm just curious.  Are you claiming to be an expert with light, or have lighting skills, and you are doing so in the Critique section (this forum is for asking for critiques, or giving them), does that mean you want us to critique your lighting?  I'd be happy to do so.

Dean Johnson Photo wrote:
I'm going to move this out of General Feedback and into the General Industry forum, where it belongs.

Rats!

Nov 29 11 08:15 am Link

Photographer

Don Garrett

Escondido, California, US

blacquejack wrote:
Have fun with it, lol

Oh, I definitely have had fun with it. In fact, this is the first time I can honestly say I LOL'd, like a mad man in front of my computer, by myself !
-Don

Nov 29 11 08:16 am Link

Photographer

warren hukill

Oakland, California, US

I'm genetically programed by nature to love the nude female form, which makes it my favorite subject.  Why fight your genetic predisposition?

Nov 29 11 08:17 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

blacquejack wrote:

Guess, you didn't read my message, I do tons of nude work, and I make a decent living on it to. It's sad to see that you all so easily offended!!! I must have struck a cord somewhere!!! LOL

Well just speaking for myself, I am not in the least bit offended. I don't give a damn what others think of my work.

I feel that your post just seems like you are trolling.

Makeup Artist

TorchLakeBeauty

Mancelona, Michigan, US

Post hidden on Nov 29, 2011 08:52 am
Reason: violates rules

Model

Anna Adrielle

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

blacquejack wrote:
Yep, try shooting a loaf of bread along with a wine bottle, bet you be hungry before you even get a decent image of it, but by the time you done, you might have some lighting skills. It's actually a very hard image to do, as you work with different surfaces that requires different lighting.

Have fun with it, lol

EDIT removed critique since this post is no longer in the critique forum

Nov 29 11 08:18 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

blacquejack wrote:

Guess, you didn't read my message, I do tons of nude work, and I make a decent living on it to. It's sad to see that you all so easily offended!!! I must have struck a cord somewhere!!! LOL

no but it's tiresome to read the same thing over and over again

you must be offended at the nudes you shoot...you do show "the world" sometimes and you said that that is not a good nude

Nov 29 11 08:21 am Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

So, being in the critique section - This is you - critiquing the whole site - and throwing massive generalizations around like they were confetti?

And finding MM photographers that do nudes - as generally wanting in talent and skills.  (Except you)

And that models would be well advised to stay away from MM photographers that shoot nudes  (and yet you are on MM and shoot nudes)

Hmmmm..

Sense - I fail to find much

Photographer

Don Garrett

Escondido, California, US

warren hukill wrote:
I'm genetically programed by nature to love the nude female form, which makes it my favorite subject.  Why fight your genetic predisposition?

Goddamned pervert !

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

David Cajio Photography wrote:

blacquejack wrote:

Have fun with it, lol

I'm just curious.  Are you claiming to be an expert with light, or have lighting skills, and you are doing so in the Critique section (this forum is for asking for critiques, or giving them), does that mean you want us to critique your lighting?  I'd be happy to do so.

Rats!

aw i was going to have fun sad

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

Neil Snape wrote:
Ah when we were growing up Playboy had a special place in the mind and heart, and surely would reach out for the issue of Playboy over Good Housekeeping.

Sign of the times, everyone is trying to outdo themselves with nudity everywhere.

I saw nipples in your port!!! You're one of those pervs!!! big_smile

Nov 29 11 08:24 am Link

Photographer

blacquejack

Charles Town, West Virginia, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

aw i was going to have fun sad

Why don't you go ahead and have fun, I sure don't mind!!! Nope, never claimed to be anything, sorry got to leave you guys, have 3 shoots coming up, got to make money, thanks to a loaf of bread and a bottle of wine, cya

Nov 29 11 08:24 am Link

Photographer

DoubleDare Studios

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, US

Maria Michaela wrote:

because you're basically saying "nudes are disgusting and filthy and models here are crazy for shooting nudes. except my nudes of course, my nudes are awesome and tasteful and creative"

Will you marry me?

LOL awesome post.

Nov 29 11 08:28 am Link

Artist/Painter

MainePaintah

Saco, Maine, US

Could you please tell me where you bought the Freaking High Horse you rode in on, because I would love to buy me one of them!

Nov 29 11 08:28 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

blacquejack wrote:

Why don't you go ahead and have fun, I sure don't mind!!! Nope, never claimed to be anything, sorry got to leave you guys, have 3 shoots coming up, got to make money, thanks to a loaf of bread and a bottle of wine, cya

because I've never been brigged and I wouldn't want to waste a first time on this

Nov 29 11 08:29 am Link

Photographer

RBM Photo

Bellbrook, Ohio, US

Why this fascination with nudes on here?

'Cause nude women are awesome.

Clothed women are great too, but nude women just bring that extra shot of awesomesauce.

Nov 29 11 08:30 am Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

RBM Photo wrote:
Why this fascination with nudes on here?

'Cause nude women are awesome.

Clothed women are great too, but nude women just bring that extra shot of awesomesauce.

I beg your pardon..what about men? lol

Nov 29 11 08:35 am Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Asheville, North Carolina, US

...but, apart from my fascinations and obsessions what am I?

the eroticism is inextricably linked with my search for meaning and views of aesthetics.

now I just feel like I've failed.

you leave me nothing but alchohol's warm and numbing embrace.

Nov 29 11 08:38 am Link

Photographer

toesup

Grand Junction, Colorado, US

blacquejack wrote:
What I have noticed over the years is a tremedous amount of nudes!! What's the facination with nudes?

"There are many shapes in nature, but non so captivating as the human female form".

Nov 29 11 08:40 am Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

First of all, it is a model site.   Photographers don't feature their landscape, or other non human work here.

Even here however, I find that as I browse portfolios, 18+ images are not the majority.   Most models here don't even shoot nudes.

Nov 29 11 08:40 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

Some quotes from the OP's website:-

"Art is determine by an individuals mind, it's in the eye of the beholder and can not be defined."

"The body can be art itself, but when an artistic body is painted, the work becomes the ulitmate piece of art."

"Art can often be blended with sensuality, my art is simple yet impactful."

"Fine art is about shape, form, shades and light. working with unique lighting is my greates passion, light is to me the strongest element in any picture."

What a shame Dean decided to move this thread out of the Critique forum big_smile

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Nov 29 11 08:41 am Link

Model

IDiivil

Los Angeles, California, US

I like being nekkid. Sorry you don't like to see that.

I'm going to keep doing it anyways, though.

Nov 29 11 08:44 am Link

Photographer

Photo-U

Bedford, Virginia, US

Dean Johnson Photo wrote:

Thanks Dean. I'm here to meet contacts and models I can potentially work with in the industry and to advertise myself. I don't need distractions.
Steve

Nov 29 11 08:48 am Link

Photographer

MKPhoto

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

blacquejack wrote:
I been a member of this site for a very long time, like coming on here reading and looking at peoples work every now and then.

What I have noticed over the years is a tremedous amount of nudes!! What's the facination with nudes? As a model I would be very skeptical to pick a photographer from this site.

Honestly, some of the best photographers on here has fashion in their portfolios' headshoots and some covered nudes.

I personally shoot lots of nudes, fine art style and glamour style, but my basic principal is to approach every subject like it was a loaf of bread and create an awesome image of it. Using light, poses, angels and perspective, and I'm only staisfied with my nudes if it shows nothing, My goal is to make the viewer start their imagination, to to give the whole farm away up front.

Sounds like trolling really, from someone who is a good photographer and shoots tones of nudes...

Nov 29 11 08:49 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

IDiivil wrote:
I like being nekkid. Sorry you don't like to see that.

I'm going to keep doing it anyways, though.

I think I speak for most of us - we LIKE you NEKKID!!!!!

Nov 29 11 08:55 am Link

Photographer

Neil Snape

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Jeff Fiore wrote:

I saw nipples in your port!!! You're one of those pervs!!! big_smile

Lol just tryin' to keep up with ya.

Nov 29 11 08:56 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

Neil Snape wrote:

You mean I have nipples in my port? DAMN! I have to take down my nekkid pics so someone will approve - not mentioning names here.....

Nov 29 11 09:00 am Link

Photographer

MKPhoto

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Jeff Fiore wrote:
I saw nipples in your port!!! You're one of those pervs!!!

Neil Snape wrote:

I am ahead of you guys, but most probably with less taste wink

Nov 29 11 09:00 am Link

Photographer

Gonzales Pictures

Amarillo, Texas, US

Jeff Fiore wrote:

I think I speak for most of us - we LIKE you NEKKID!!!!!

I'm still waiting for her to come to my area so I can have the honor of shooting with her.  She doesn't even need to be nekkid!  That face alone is beautiful enough for me!

Nov 29 11 09:02 am Link

Photographer

Through Elizabeths Eyes

Yelm, Washington, US

Clothes are expensive, I'd rather not waste money on them or the models I work with. If that makes me a horrible, perverse, dangerous and unreliable photographer, so be it.

Nov 29 11 09:03 am Link

Photographer

Joel Photodemic

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

blacquejack wrote:

I hope so to, cause that would truely prove my point, lol, I guess personal opinions are not appreciated on here!!!! What happen to freedom of speach!!!!

Sorry to hijack your thread but on the subject of "freedom of speech", does this count as exercising ones freedom to speak freely?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i47HoiM0Au8

Nov 29 11 09:05 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

blacquejack wrote:
I been a member of this site for a very long time, like coming on here reading and looking at peoples work every now and then.

What I have noticed over the years is a tremedous amount of nudes!! What's the facination with nudes? As a model I would be very skeptical to pick a photographer from this site.

Honestly, some of the best photographers on here has fashion in their portfolios' headshoots and some covered nudes.

I personally shoot lots of nudes, fine art style and glamour style, but my basic principal is to approach every subject like it was a loaf of bread and create an awesome image of it. Using light, poses, angels and perspective, and I'm only staisfied with my nudes if it shows nothing, My goal is to make the viewer start their imagination, to to give the whole farm away up front.

I looked at your port and saw no ANGELS.

But seriously;
I shoot nudes because I like them.
I shoot nudes because the ladies ask me to.
I shoot nudes because it's a bigger challenge to create something new everytime when there is no artifice to hide behind, no props to fall back on, just the honest beauty and  naked truth of the human body.

Nov 29 11 09:12 am Link

Photographer

BYS

Paris, Île-de-France, France

photographer is a great job to get quickies , any objection your honor ?

Nov 29 11 09:13 am Link

Photographer

ForeverFotos

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Don Garrett wrote:
I think he was saying that models here are like loaves of bread or something, I dunno.
-Don

Maria Michaela wrote:
yes, and that. that was weird. and it made me hungry! I hate it when mayhem makes me hungry big_smile

Sometimes hungry is good.

https://onechickennugget.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/bread-face.jpg

Nov 29 11 09:15 am Link

Photographer

Terrell Gates

Santa Fe, New Mexico, US

Oh give me a break!  I have been shooting nudes for over 50 years. The nude as subject is classic and deserves the highest station in the world of Fine Arts...

NUDES RULE!

Nov 29 11 09:18 am Link

Photographer

Ken Pegg

Weymouth, England, United Kingdom

blacquejack wrote:
... and some covered nudes.

You mean models that are dressed? We are all nude under the covers.

Nov 29 11 09:20 am Link

Photographer

ChanStudio - OtherSide

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

That is what my twin brother asked me. I can't answer him except that I like women beauty.. smile

Photographer

Conrad Radek

Davis, California, US

I find the woman's nude form to be more inspiring than any other.
I can agree that some poses which don't show nipples or genitalia can be some of the most alluring and artful.
However, I am disturbed by the fact that "showing it all" has such negative repercussions throughout society.