Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Free Critique From Established Beauty Photographer

Model

Tonia Cascio

Los Angeles, California, US

Liked!
Me??

Mar 29 12 06:58 pm Link

Model

Nadine Brennan

Canton, Massachusetts, US

(:

Mar 30 12 07:03 pm Link

Model

RoosBakker

Ede, Gelderland, Netherlands

Me please?

Mar 31 12 01:33 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Tonia Cascio wrote:
Liked!
Me??

You have a strong look...powerful eyes, very edgy. You can also pull off Marie Claire types of looks similar to Edita Vilkeviciute. Your port shows variation, which is good. What type of modeling are you looking into?

(((chace)))

Mar 31 12 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Nadine Brennan wrote:
(:

Perhaps you would be best suited for swimsuit modeling...? I didn't see much variation in images to give any valuable critique. I read that there are other images on tumblr but I'm not on that site. I would definitely take out the first two images of your port b/c they aren't representing you well. They arn't of the same quality of the rest and bring the overall feel of your port down a bit. Let me know when you upload some more images and I will take a look when I'm free.

(((chace)))

Mar 31 12 09:57 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Marlinde wrote:
Me please?

You do well with beauty work. Great eyes. I think you would also do well with fashion, given your height but I don't see many images representing fashion in your port. Where do you see yourself?

(((chace)))

Mar 31 12 10:01 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

BossyB

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Liked

Curious to see what you think

Mar 31 12 10:22 am Link

Model

Victoria Gail

Denver, Colorado, US

liked- hit me!

Mar 31 12 10:29 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

BossyB wrote:
Liked

Curious to see what you think

You have great pieces, and combinations of looks. It's very hard to put together a solid team to create the complete package, but your work will show much better with all elements. Solid hair styling, great make-up application, industry-standard models, and a great wardrobe is the starting line for commercial images. Again, your work will stand out much more with just a few more elements. Great styling. Keep dressing!

(((chace)))

Mar 31 12 10:35 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Victoria Gail wrote:
liked- hit me!

When viewing your port as a whole, I'm a bit overwhelmed. There is a lot going on in the images. You have a very pure face and might not need so many elements in your images. Your 'head shot' was proof of this, in my opinion. This shot was clean and had more impact than the busy ones. Have you tried some beauty work?

(((chace)))

Mar 31 12 10:47 am Link

Model

Victoria Gail

Denver, Colorado, US

Chace Photography wrote:

When viewing your port as a whole, I'm a bit overwhelmed. There is a lot going on in the images. You have a very pure face and might not need so many elements in your images. Your 'head shot' was proof of this, in my opinion. This shot was clean and had more impact than the busy ones. Have you tried some beauty work?

(((chace)))

well I'm very drawn to the dramatic and theatrical , obviously lol but hope to do more "clean" shoots in the near future, and no sir I haven't been asked to do any beauty work-that's my goal for this summer, I thank you for your comments ♥

Mar 31 12 11:35 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Victoria Gail wrote:

well I'm very drawn to the dramatic and theatrical , obviously lol but hope to do more "clean" shoots in the near future, and no sir I haven't been asked to do any beauty work-that's my goal for this summer, I thank you for your comments ♥

Got it...makes total sense. It's always best to do what you love! You're quite welcome and let me know when you post some new images and I will take a look when I'm free.

(((chace)))

Mar 31 12 11:54 am Link

Model

Tonia Cascio

Los Angeles, California, US

Chace Photography wrote:

You have a strong look...powerful eyes, very edgy. You can also pull off Marie Claire types of looks similar to Edita Vilkeviciute. Your port shows variation, which is good. What type of modeling are you looking into?

(((chace)))

Well what I love to do is fashion and beauty. I know fashion will be hard since I am 5ft 7, but it is possible =]

Mar 31 12 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Tonia Cascio wrote:

Well what I love to do is fashion and beauty. I know fashion will be hard since I am 5ft 7, but it is possible =]

Local fashion designers, publications, and shows are usually open to less than industry-standard height(s). Go for what you love to do!

(((chace)))

Apr 02 12 08:15 am Link

Model

Nikki CarMelle

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

Your work is phenomenal.. I would like for you to critique my whole site please.. thank you.

May 08 12 05:39 am Link

Model

Sibby S

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

me please smile

May 08 12 08:28 am Link

Model

Amanita Grace

Phillipston, Massachusetts, US

I liked . . . your turn? 

smile

May 10 12 10:08 pm Link

Model

Dalilah

Lake Havasu City, Arizona, US

I liked it Let's do it!!! Lemme Know!

May 10 12 10:11 pm Link

Model

Loona Wynd

South Portland, Maine, US

I liked your FB page.  When you critique keep in mind I am a new model who is still looking to find her place in the modeling world.  I'd like to know what works, what doesn't work and where you could see me modeling based on what you have available.  I will be having more shoot covering more styles and shots in the near future.  So I take the feed back I am given and try and use it for future shoots.

May 11 12 05:05 pm Link

Model

Cheyanne Lawson

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

i liked ur fb page.please check me out and tell me what u think

May 11 12 06:17 pm Link

Model

GoldenChi1d

Portland, Oregon, US

page is liked

May 14 12 01:09 am Link

Model

Mandurah, Western Australia, Australia

liked

May 14 12 05:17 am Link

Model

Lauren Sweeney-Fenton

London, England, United Kingdom

I've liked & commented (Láurynn Marie) & would definitely appreciate some serious feedback. Thank you in advance!

May 14 12 02:59 pm Link

Model

Ashton13

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I want some critique. Shoot me smile

May 18 12 01:34 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

CarmelMo wrote:
Your work is phenomenal.. I would like for you to critique my whole site please.. thank you.

Your port is a little limited so there wasn't enough to really give a critique. Will you be uploading more?

(((chace)))

May 21 12 10:39 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Sibby S wrote:
me please smile

I like the variation in your port. The styling, colours, mood, and sets were solid. What type of modeling are you pursuing?

(((chace)))

May 21 12 10:44 am Link

Model

Chloe Shep

Lancaster, England, United Kingdom

liked smile

May 21 12 10:48 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Amanita Grace wrote:
I liked . . . your turn? 

smile

Very interesting port.  Some images have more impact than others, but overall the images in your port are good. What are you looking to do with modeling?

(((chace)))

May 21 12 10:48 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

KaMarie  wrote:

The 'commercial' type of images in your port stand out the most to me. The image with you down in the blocks was solid. Perhaps fitness modeling?

(((chace)))

May 21 12 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

KaMarie  wrote:

The 'commercial' type of images in your port stand out the most to me. The image with you down in the blocks was solid. Perhaps fitness modeling?

(((chace)))

May 21 12 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Loona Wynd wrote:
I liked your FB page.  When you critique keep in mind I am a new model who is still looking to find her place in the modeling world.  I'd like to know what works, what doesn't work and where you could see me modeling based on what you have available.  I will be having more shoot covering more styles and shots in the near future.  So I take the feed back I am given and try and use it for future shoots.

Thanks for the like. If modeling is your passion than stick with it, but as you probably already know it is a tough industry. As you stated, you're just starting out so there weren't many images to critique. I think whatever works for you, works.

(((chace)))

May 21 12 11:00 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Cheyanne Lawson wrote:
i liked ur fb page.please check me out and tell me what u think

I would seek out more photographers that would be willing to shoot a variety of 'styles'. You have great eyes...maybe beauty work.

(((chace)))

May 21 12 11:04 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

GoldenChi1d wrote:
page is liked

Good look. I would like to see more commercially sound images though. Some simple re-touching would increase the visual value of your images. Perhaps seek out a re-toucher?

(((chace)))

May 21 12 11:09 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Emily Maddison wrote:
liked

Good set of images. Probably needs a little more variety though. Have you done much beauty work?

(((chace)))

May 21 12 11:12 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Lauren Sweeney-Fenton wrote:
I've liked & commented (Láurynn Marie) & would definitely appreciate some serious feedback. Thank you in advance!

Thanks for the comments and like! It's appreciated. It was hard to choose a best in port because you have several solid images. I think many of your images are commercially viable. I would take away some that don't work and just showcase the absolute best. Beauty work definitely is in line.

(((chace)))

May 21 12 11:18 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Ashton13 wrote:
I want some critique. Shoot me smile

I appreciate your passion and outlook on revolutionizing the industry! No matter the ethnic background, we all should have a voice and face in the public eye. I think you have some ok images. I would like to see you more light-hearted and with less scowl. With particular fashion labels, I think you would work. Keep at it.

(((chace)))

May 21 12 11:24 am Link

Model

S Turner

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Are you still doing this? smile
(if so, page has been liked)

May 21 12 11:28 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

cloclo wrote:
liked smile

Your age isn't a problem necessarily, but your height could be depending on the industry. You have ok images. I would suggest against using the images that make you look your age or play off of it. What do you want from llamaing?

(((chace)))

May 21 12 11:29 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

S Turner wrote:
Are you still doing this? smile
(if so, page has been liked)

Yes maa'm smile I think you have a great look for beauty. Not enough variety to gauge other potential industries. I would drop images from your set that don't work because they take away from the ones that do. Have you done much fashion work?

(((chace)))

May 21 12 11:36 am Link

Model

S Turner

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Chace Photography wrote:

Yes maa'm smile I think you have a great look for beauty. Not enough variety to gauge other potential industries. I would drop images from your set that don't work because they take away from the ones that do. Have you done much fashion work?

(((chace)))

I'm still pretty amateur. Haven't done much fashion work at all, hoping to get there though! lol. Which photos don't "work"?

May 21 12 11:47 am Link