Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Free Critique From Established Beauty Photographer

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

MickCetera wrote:
I'd love a critique

You have a good collection of images and a great look. If you are truly interested in getting into modeling as a full-time career I would look for the best photographers available to shoot with. Begin building a book and look for an established agency who will represent you.

(((chace)))

Aug 01 12 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

modernisimo

Santa Monica, California, US

I might regret this but, I'd like a critique. Thanks.

Aug 01 12 05:23 pm Link

Model

lex vandella

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

I'd love a critique! smile

Aug 03 12 07:33 am Link

Photographer

EC Images

San Francisco, California, US

Me too!

Aug 04 12 10:16 am Link

Model

Saedcantas

Saint Saviour, Saint Saviour, United Kingdom

Me three! smile

Aug 05 12 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Pip Johnson Images

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

me please

Aug 06 12 08:45 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

modernisimo wrote:
I might regret this but, I'd like a critique. Thanks.

Why would you regret a critique? Critique is good and we all start from somewhere.

Your collection is limited, but good. It seems like you are interested in lifestyle type shots which require much knowledge of where images will end up. Make sure to do you research and figure out what market you will be submitting to with regard to lifestyle images. Keep shooting!

(((chace)))

Aug 06 12 06:55 pm Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

lex vandella wrote:
I'd love a critique! smile

Interesting look...You have a different style and should seek more of the creative shoots. What are you attempting to accomplish in llamaing?

(((chace)))

Aug 06 12 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Carlo Garcia Photo wrote:
Me too!

You have a good collection of images. Some of the portrait and lifestyle images would work in commerce. I read your bio as well and the biggest advice I would have about transitioning from lifestyle to fashion/beauty is be very aware of which models you use for these shoots. Often times, lifestyle models don't translate well for fashion; I've learned this through years of trial and error. This holds true with newer models coming up all the way to models who are represented by the major agencies. Keep shooting!

(((chace)))

Aug 06 12 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Saedcantas wrote:
Me three! smile

You have a decent set of images. What would you be wanting to accomplish with moving from photographing people to modeling, yourself?

(((chace)))

Aug 06 12 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Pip Johnson Images wrote:
me please

Your collection is decent...it's a bit limited. I see your stylistic approach and like the muted feel. I think more editorial work is in line and perhaps some beauty/fashion to give some depth.

(((chace)))

Aug 06 12 07:18 pm Link

Model

Saedcantas

Saint Saviour, Saint Saviour, United Kingdom

Chace Photography wrote:

You have a decent set of images. What would you be wanting to accomplish with moving from photographing people to modeling, yourself?

(((chace)))

Thanks Chace, I was never a "people" photographer wink I do macro, nature and landscapes. I first started modelling at the same time as I initially got a camera, so it's more of a pair of slightly related interests than a transition big_smile

Aug 06 12 11:35 pm Link

Model

CamiAnn

Los Angeles, California, US

"Liked" for awhile now...do I get a handicap for being over 50?  wink

Aug 07 12 12:02 am Link

Model

Classic Muffin

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I would love a critique!
Please and thanks

Aug 07 12 12:06 am Link

Photographer

Timeless Shutter

Denver, Colorado, US

Thanks for the critique, I changed my portfolio pics what do you think of these?

Aug 07 12 07:47 pm Link

Model

Nikki CarMelle

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

Chace Photography wrote:

Your port is a little limited so there wasn't enough to really give a critique. Will you be uploading more?

(((chace)))

I am sorry I just saw you responded to my message. Yes I uploaded a whole lot more since May 8th.. Critique away please.. Thank you!!!

Aug 09 12 07:32 pm Link

Model

Zoe Chanel

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Liked it, let me know smile

Aug 10 12 07:12 am Link

Model

Alex and rea

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Would very much appreciate.

Aug 11 12 10:36 pm Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Chace Photography wrote:
Free port/image critique for anyone who 'likes' our FB page (http://www.facebook.com/chacephotography)

**serious feedback will be provided**

***I'm Back For 2013*** Please mention the number 27 after you like our FB page. Thanks! (((chace)))

Mar 15 13 01:16 pm Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Would like to know what you think

Mar 15 13 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Sure!

Mar 15 13 08:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Leanne Harpin

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

Try me!

Mar 16 13 05:04 am Link

Hair Stylist

Brad Lewis Hair

Cleveland, Ohio, US

I liked.

Mar 18 13 05:28 am Link

Photographer

Dan Brady

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Chace Photography wrote:
Be sure to leave a comment on this thread if you like the FB page so we can provide comments on your port/images!

Just liked your page on FB and typed in 27.

Keen to learn from your feedback smile

Mar 18 13 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Danielle Kitten wrote:
Would like to know what you think

I am a commercial photographer so I typically think in terms of selling a product. Now, having said that, perhaps promotional modeling would be most in line for you. If you can find a photographer who understands the Lifestyle industry and is willing to work with you, this might be a path as well. Keep at it!

Mar 19 13 09:07 am Link

Photographer

Josh Evans Photography

Boothwyn, Pennsylvania, US

Liked "27"

Mar 19 13 09:13 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Jorge Kreimer wrote:
Sure!

I only viewed your fashion/editorial images and they are, of course, industry-standard. The wardrobe styling is good; the hair/make-up is also good. You have a European sense of shooting. You used a quoted in your bio that I thought was interesting; as a fashion/beauty photographer I would generally have to disagree though. I'm in the business of commerce; to sell a product through my images. Now, of course we also do it because we love the art-form.

Mar 19 13 09:15 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Leanne Harpin wrote:
Try me!

I would like to see more close-up shots that really showcase your art. Perhaps get with a beauty/hair photographer so that you can really utilize and display your talents. As far as the images in your port, they are good. They are quite standard for general fashion/lifestyle work. Keep at it!

Mar 19 13 09:19 am Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Chace Photography wrote:

I am a commercial photographer so I typically think in terms of selling a product. Now, having said that, perhaps promotional modeling would be most in line for you. If you can find a photographer who understands the Lifestyle industry and is willing to work with you, this might be a path as well. Keep at it!

Thanks. I've been looking to get into promo modeling. Might be the right path for me

Mar 19 13 09:21 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Brad Lewis Hair wrote:
I liked.

I think your styling is good. Now, your work will reflect the llamas that you use to style. The llamas in your port are good, but can be better. Even though hair should be the focal point of your shots, a good llama will know how to pose in ways that help to bring even more life to your styling. Check out Babak, from Canada, if you haven't already. Keep at it!

Mar 19 13 09:26 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Dan Brady wrote:

Just liked your page on FB and typed in 27.

Keen to learn from your feedback smile

Thanks for the 'Like' Dan!

You have some good images in your port, quite standard for the beauty industry. So, this is what I always suggest to beauty photographers that are just starting or established...push the limits of creativity! It's easy to get into a creative block when you are working for large companies that want the typical images. Obviously, we have to make a living but we also have to push for high-impact images...images with PUNCH! Keep creating, and shooting!

Mar 19 13 09:32 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Josh Evans Photography wrote:
Liked "27"

Thanks for the 'Like' Josh!

You have some good images and a good sense of lighting. If you are trying to get more into fashion, I would take some of the images out of your port. Try to use only the absolute BEST image from any given shoot, unless of course, there are multiple sets/models. Some of the images in your port take away from the others. Keep shooting!

Mar 19 13 09:36 am Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Danielle Kitten wrote:

Thanks. I've been looking to get into promo modeling. Might be the right path for me

You're quite welcome...try local trade shows/businesses.

Mar 19 13 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Josh Evans Photography

Boothwyn, Pennsylvania, US

Thank you

Mar 19 13 09:38 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Chace Photography wrote:
I only viewed your fashion/editorial images and they are, of course, industry-standard. The wardrobe styling is good; the hair/make-up is also good. You have a European sense of shooting. You used a quoted in your bio that I thought was interesting; as a fashion/beauty photographer I would generally have to disagree though. I'm in the business of commerce; to sell a product through my images. Now, of course we also do it because we love the art-form.

Thank you, Chase. Regarding the quote, we all have our reasons for doing this. I personally go nuts the days that I'm not shooting or editing.

Mar 19 13 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Josh Evans Photography wrote:
Thank you

You're quite welcome!

Mar 19 13 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

Chace Photography

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Jorge Kreimer wrote:

Thank you, Chase. Regarding the quote, we all have our reasons for doing this. I personally go nuts the days that I'm not shooting or editing.

Jorge,

Yes! I completely agree and agree! smile

(((chace)))

Mar 19 13 03:51 pm Link

Model

Jhomel

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

Me?

Mar 19 13 04:29 pm Link

Model

TheMoonflower

Denver, Colorado, US