Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > College guy who spied on gay roomate gets 30 days

Photographer

Yves Duchamp- Homme

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

SKPhoto wrote:

Who needs tape. Most of the roommates I had didn't care.

They and their girlfriends went at it regardless of who was in the room.

And we have a story about one college student who did care.

May 22 12 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

QUEENS VILLAGE, New York, US

Shon D.- Homme wrote:

And we have a story about one college student who did care.

That hasn't been proven. No one knows why he jumped. You bashing me claiming assumptions yet your doing it. If you know why he jumped you should call the police and give them your information. Otherwise the roomate got 30 days for the prank

May 22 12 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

Daniels Light

Bozeman, Montana, US

SKPhoto wrote:

Who needs tape. Most of the roommates I had didn't care.

They and their girlfriends went at it regardless of who was in the room.

Then you never had experience with someone taping you and putting it on the internet so you have no idea what you are talking about, do you?   What if you had political aspirations and someone made a tape that surfaced years later?  What if you were applying for a job and that Youtube tape was found - costing you your job? Or many jobs?

These aren't the "good old days" - Human Resources combs the internet for things like this when hiring someone.  And your roommates would have had a different attitude if they knew Grandma was going to log on to view the night's activity.

May 22 12 10:59 pm Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

The Art of Churchwell wrote:

A luxury of sorts not to be gay. seems Anti-gay to me. But doesn't matter. I have not yet told anyone what my sexual attraction is so anyone claiming I'm anti-gay is really pushing the rainbow. My thoughts and opinion on this, this situation seriously has nothing to do in my view what his attraction was. My views are that no one can prove why this man choose to end himself. There is no trace from one situation to the other and the roommate was not charged with murder. the other guy in the video seems happy with his life. Since he knew they were being webcammed why didn't they charge him with the guys suicide? Because we don't know why.
College Prank? You bet. Go to college and then tell me Animal House is not a documentary. better yet spend a weekend at Jobs Corp. yep. prank city

He jumped off the George Washington Bridge the day after the second incident. You say "mere coincidence"?

May 23 12 07:03 am Link

Photographer

Yves Duchamp- Homme

That hasn't been proven. No one knows why he jumped. You bashing me claiming assumptions yet your doing it. If you know why he jumped you should call the police and give them your information. Otherwise the roomate got 30 days for the prank

Bashing you? I wasn't even talking to you. (Plus, I thought you were leaving this thread for good, anyway...) GTFOH.

May 23 12 07:04 am Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Vivus Hussein Denuo wrote:

He jumped off the George Washington Bridge the day after the second incident. You say "mere coincidence"?

it was a few days and no one knows what was going through his mind the entire week. His last encounter with man could have been the kiss off of a relationship. No one knows and is why no one is charged. why people judging like the roomate was charged with the responsibility of this man death. He was never charged with that and that says more than anything of what anyone can write here

May 23 12 10:28 am Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Shon D.- Homme wrote:
Bashing you? I wasn't even talking to you. (Plus, I thought you were leaving this thread for good, anyway...) GTFOH.

Why so hostile? SMH

May 23 12 10:29 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

There's enough thinly veiled homophobia and hatred for Gays in this thread to make a KKK Grand Dragon blush.

May 23 12 10:45 am Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Jim Ball wrote:
There's enough thinly veiled homophobia and hatred for Gays in this thread to make a KKK Grand Dragon blush.

really? where?, cause I can't find it. The issue is a guy got 30 days for webcamming his roommate. A College Prank. How is that a hatred for gays?

May 23 12 10:50 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

A luxury of sorts not to be gay. seems Anti-gay to me. But doesn't matter. I have not yet told anyone what my sexual attraction is so anyone claiming I'm anti-gay is really pushing the rainbow. My thoughts and opinion on this, this situation seriously has nothing to do in my view what his attraction was. My views are that no one can prove why this man choose to end himself. There is no trace from one situation to the other and the roommate was not charged with murder. the other guy in the video seems happy with his life. Since he knew they were being webcammed why didn't they charge him with the guys suicide? Because we don't know why.
College Prank? You bet. Go to college and then tell me Animal House is not a documentary. better yet spend a weekend at Jobs Corp. yep. prank city

If you really think about it, it's not anti-gay. He's making a point. It's kind of like that the old white luxuries way back where many didn't have to worry about getting turned away while getting served food or followed around in a store etc. Being straight, no one is questioning our sexual preference. The worse that we will get is the type of person that we are involved with. But we can deal with that. Try dealing with it where it's taken to another level where kids bully you, beat you up, job fires you because you are gay and or harassment on your job from guys that find it amusing. Example, there was a Tonga NFL player, very big guy who is gay.. During his NFL years, he'd hear all types of fag jokes from his teammates in the locker room. So he kept what he does to himself until he eventually came out and revealed some of those things that many of us have heard our friends discuss.

May 23 12 10:54 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

There is none so blind as he who will not see....

May 23 12 10:58 am Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Jim Ball wrote:

I saw a guy get 30 days for a college prank. what did you see?

May 23 12 11:21 am Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

it was a few days and no one knows what was going through his mind the entire week. His last encounter with man could have been the kiss off of a relationship. No one knows and is why no one is charged. why people judging like the roomate was charged with the responsibility of this man death. He was never charged with that and that says more than anything of what anyone can write here

From the cite in the OP:

The case began in September 2010, when Ravi's randomly assigned roommate asked Ravi for the dorm room alone so that he and a guest could have privacy. Ravi went to a friend's room, and they used a computer to watch Clementi and another man kissing.

They told others about it through instant messages and tweets, with Ravi boasting: "I saw him making out with a dude. Yay."

When Clementi asked for privacy again two days later, Ravi agreed, then told friends how to access his webcam. But this time, the camera was not on when the guest came over. There was testimony both that Clementi unplugged it and that Ravi himself put it to sleep.

The next night, Clementi — who learned he had been spied on — committed suicide at age 18, leaving behind a final Facebook update: "jumping off the gw bridge, sorry."

So, as I said, Clementi committed suicide the day after the second time Ravi had set up the camera to spy on Clementi, and not more than 2 days after he learned he had been spied on.

I ask you again:  Is it your theory that Clementi's committing suicide one day after his second sexual encounter with another man, and within 2 days after learning that his roommate had taped his sexual encounter with another man, was coincidence?  It's an easy yes-or-no question.

May 23 12 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

Daniels Light

Bozeman, Montana, US

I saw a guy get 30 days for a college prank. what did you see?

I don't know - how would you feel if someone taped you during a private moment and posted it on the internet for the world to see ... perhaps someone else makes copies and years later the tape is used to prevent you from getting the job you want, or running for elected office?

A prank?  That line was crossed when the tape went out into public domain.

May 23 12 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Vivus Hussein Denuo wrote:
From the cite in the OP:

The case began in September 2010, when Ravi's randomly assigned roommate asked Ravi for the dorm room alone so that he and a guest could have privacy. Ravi went to a friend's room, and they used a computer to watch Clementi and another man kissing.

They told others about it through instant messages and tweets, with Ravi boasting: "I saw him making out with a dude. Yay."

When Clementi asked for privacy again two days later, Ravi agreed, then told friends how to access his webcam. But this time, the camera was not on when the guest came over. There was testimony both that Clementi unplugged it and that Ravi himself put it to sleep.

The next night, Clementi — who learned he had been spied on — committed suicide at age 18, leaving behind a final Facebook update: "jumping off the gw bridge, sorry."

So, as I said, Clementi committed suicide the day after the second time Ravi had set up the camera to spy on Clementi, and not more than 2 days after he learned he had been spied on.

I ask you again:  Is it your theory that Clementi's committing suicide one day after his second sexual encounter with another man, and within 2 days after learning that his roommate had taped his sexual encounter with another man, was coincidence?  It's an easy yes-or-no question.

sorry Im not on trial here. The roommate was no charged with the mans suicide. Got tell your story to the Prosecution. Why wasn't he charged? because there is no evidence that the guy jumped off the bridge because he was on a webcam. The other guy didn't jump off a bridge. My response no matter what isn't going to change the facts. the guy got 30 days for a college prank. Go to college and you will see much worse pranks. easier than that go search on Youtube. Stop trying to get your frustrations out on me. SMH with a smile but still SMH

May 23 12 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Daniels Light wrote:

I don't know - how would you feel if someone taped you during a private moment and posted it on the internet for the world to see ... perhaps someone else makes copies and years later the tape is used to prevent you from getting the job you want, or running for elected office?

A prank?  That line was crossed when the tape went out into public domain.

Spend 15 minutes looking at Youtube

May 23 12 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Yves Duchamp- Homme

Jim Ball wrote:

Exactly. Then again, I believe that bigots actually see the shit that's going on but pretend not to. They see that shit.

May 23 12 01:08 pm Link

Model

Cait Chan

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

sorry Im not on trial here. The roommate was no charged with the mans suicide. Got tell your story to the Prosecution. Why wasn't he charged? because there is no evidence that the guy jumped off the bridge because he was on a webcam. The other guy didn't jump off a bridge. My response no matter what isn't going to change the facts. the guy got 30 days for a college prank. Go to college and you will see much worse pranks. easier than that go search on Youtube. Stop trying to get your frustrations out on me. SMH with a smile but still SMH

You didn't answer a question. You just re-wrote all of the crap you've been spewing this whole time.....

Here are some facts:

1. Neither family of these two boys think this was 'just a prank'. One family lost a son and another's was almost put in jail for 10 years.

2. We have heard NOTHING about the other man in the video, so for you to make up his mind for him or imply he had no significant impact from the event ( especially having a friend/boyfriend commit suicide) is just irresponsible. His name wasn't even brought up in the trial. Maybe the guy just wants to forget any of this happened, but the key is YOU DON'T KNOW. There's no doubting it was a traumatic, emotional time for the guy. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. Stop.bringing.him.up. It's cheap to use him as a basis for your argument somehow. Not everyone commits suicide when they are embarrassed, or depressed.

3. If what he did was 'just a prank', he wouldn't have been on trial. He committed serious crimes, and now has to pay the consequences.

4. Because Dharun was not charged with the suicide of Tyler, does not mean there is any confusion as to why Tyler killed himself. You can't say Tyler didn't jump of the bridge because of the video, SOLELY because a judge decided Dharun shouldn't be charged for that. Nope. That's like saying Nicole Simpson wasn't murdered because OJ wasn't charged for it.  It is made very clear that Tyler committed suicide directly because of the events of the 2 days leading up to it. It was made clear since day one. Dharun is just lucky he was not charged for it. Do you really think all of this would have dragged on so long, and Dharun would have been in such deep shit, if Tyler HADN'T killed himself? Tyler killing himself was linked right back to Dharun. Use your common sense, here.

May 23 12 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

Stil avoiding a simple yes or no question.  OK, since my questions make you think you are on trial, I won't ask you any more questions.

May 23 12 01:24 pm Link

Model

Cait Chan

Spend 15 minutes looking at Youtube

Do you know how many people have been arrested and/or taken to court based on videos posted on youtube?

Spend 15 minutes on google....

https://www.google.com/search?q=arreste … =firefox-a

May 23 12 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Cait Chan wrote:

Do you know how many people have been arrested and/or taken to court based on videos posted on youtube?

Happened here near me in Oakland. A woman comes into a woman's beauty salon with two more female friends. They beat the shit out of here while at the same time, stupidly recorded it. They got caught and I can't recall if she did some time. BUT, she met the girl's sister outside of the court and wasn't so bad ass. Her sister wasn't playing and told her that she will be catching up with her.

May 23 12 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Cait Chan wrote:

seems your answering your own question. College Pranks

May 23 12 02:16 pm Link

Model

Cait Chan

seems your answering your own question. College Pranks

"Do you know how many people have been arrested and/or taken to court based on videos posted on youtube?" ... College pranks..

I guess THAT point went right over your head. And now you don't even make sense...

The point IS, pranks are all fun and games until you realize you're actually committing serious crimes. I'd like to hear the reaction of cops/judges if any of the people in those news stories said " Hey man! They're just college pranks!"

That's NEVER an excuse when bullying, invading one's privacy, putting someone in danger, etc. That excuse stops working after you graduate elementary school. Drawing a dick on your friend's face when he's sleeping is a prank. Secretly Videotaping a sexual encounter of your newly found ( "yay!") gay roommate for all of your friends to see behind his back for your own enjoyment? That goes into a whole different realm of cruelty.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the real world isn't a college comedy movie.

May 23 12 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Sounds like some of you may have superglued a man's buttcheeks together.

May 23 12 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Cait Chan wrote:
You didn't answer a question. You just re-wrote all of the crap you've been spewing this whole time.....

Here are some facts:

1. Neither family of these two boys think this was 'just a prank'. One family lost a son and another's was almost put in jail for 10 years.

2. We have heard NOTHING about the other man in the video, so for you to make up his mind for him or imply he had no significant impact from the event ( especially having a friend/boyfriend commit suicide) is just irresponsible. His name wasn't even brought up in the trial. Maybe the guy just wants to forget any of this happened, but the key is YOU DON'T KNOW. There's no doubting it was a traumatic, emotional time for the guy. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. Stop.bringing.him.up. It's cheap to use him as a basis for your argument somehow. Not everyone commits suicide when they are embarrassed, or depressed.

3. If what he did was 'just a prank', he wouldn't have been on trial. He committed serious crimes, and now has to pay the consequences.

4. Because Dharun was not charged with the suicide of Tyler, does not mean there is any confusion as to why Tyler killed himself. You can't say Tyler didn't jump of the bridge because of the video, SOLELY because a judge decided Dharun shouldn't be charged for that. Nope. That's like saying Nicole Simpson wasn't murdered because OJ wasn't charged for it.  It is made very clear that Tyler committed suicide directly because of the events of the 2 days leading up to it. It was made clear since day one. Dharun is just lucky he was not charged for it. Do you really think all of this would have dragged on so long, and Dharun would have been in such deep shit, if Tyler HADN'T killed himself? Tyler killing himself was linked right back to Dharun. Use your common sense, here.

OJ was charged for her murder.
Not everyone commits suicide because they were embarrassed. Exactly! If the guy has trouble with embarrassment to the extent that he jump off a bridge then jumping off the bridge was inevitable becuase life is filled with embarrassments.

The guy got 30 days. Go yell at the judge. Not my fault and you guys seriously want to blame someone don't use me cause Im laughing at the post and not getting angry as you wish Iwould.
Facts are the guy got 30 days and the other guy didn't kill himself and there is no proof this guy took the dive of death because of anything outside his own emotional problems. Maybe he was just having a bad day cause man if I was upset that someone taped me doing the dance with my boyfriend I would have mentioned that on Facebook before doing the grim reaper a favor and not just "bye"

May 23 12 02:26 pm Link

Model

Cait Chan

OJ was charged for her murder.
Not everyone commits suicide because they were embarrassed. Exactly! If the guy has trouble with embarrassment to the extent that he jump off a bridge then jumping off the bridge was inevitable becuase life is filled with embarrassments.

The guy got 30 days. Go yell at the judge. Not my fault and you guys seriously want to blame someone don't use me cause Im laughing at the post and not getting angry as you wish Iwould.
Facts are the guy got 30 days and the other guy didn't kill himself and there is no proof this guy took the dive of death because of anything outside his own emotional problems. Maybe he was just having a bad day cause man if I was upset that someone taped me doing the dance with my boyfriend I would have mentioned that on Facebook before doing the grim reaper a favor and not just "bye"

Wow... when you start off a post with " Oj was charged for her murder".....

So.much.fail.

May 23 12 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Cait Chan wrote:

"Do you know how many people have been arrested and/or taken to court based on videos posted on youtube?" ... College pranks..

I guess THAT point went right over your head. And now you don't even make sense...

The point IS, pranks are all fun and games until you realize you're actually committing serious crimes. I'd like to hear the reaction of cops/judges if any of the people in those news stories said " Hey man! They're just college pranks!"

That's NEVER an excuse when bullying, invading one's privacy, putting someone in danger, etc. That excuse stops working after you graduate elementary school.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the real world isn't a college comedy movie.

The cops look away on college prank nights. Burst my bubble? haha. Dude you cut me to the quick for my bubble to be burst someone needs to do stuff you and text on MM will never fathom. But if you are filled with happy flowers in your mind thinking you bursted my bubble then enjoy the ride. haha smile (that was funny)

May 23 12 02:30 pm Link

Model

Cait Chan

The cops look away on college prank nights. Burst my bubble? haha. Dude you cut me to the quick for my bubble to be burst someone needs to do stuff you and text on MM will never fathom. But if you are filled with happy flowers in your mind thinking you bursted my bubble then enjoy the ride. haha smile (that was funny)

Cool story...

May 23 12 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

This thread is getting way too silly now.
Look the guy got 30 days. No need to be angry on MM for 30 days. Relax. Go for a walk. enjoy the day.

Peace

May 23 12 02:32 pm Link

Model

Cait Chan

This thread is getting way too silly now.
Look the guy got 30 days. No need to be angry on MM for 30 days. Relax. Go for a walk. enjoy the day.

Peace

Agreed.

May 23 12 02:33 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Santa Monica, California, US

Chuckarelei wrote:
I hope he will end up in the gay row. Let him be the bitch of some hairy dudes for a month.

Have not gotten to the bottom [pun not intended] of this page yet 2 'libs' want him raped.

May 23 12 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Legacys 7 wrote:

If you really think about it, it's not anti-gay. He's making a point. It's kind of like that the old white luxuries way back where many didn't have to worry about getting turned away while getting served food or followed around in a store etc. Being straight, no one is questioning our sexual preference. The worse that we will get is the type of person that we are involved with. But we can deal with that. Try dealing with it where it's taken to another level where kids bully you, beat you up, job fires you because you are gay and or harassment on your job from guys that find it amusing. Example, there was a Tonga NFL player, very big guy who is gay.. During his NFL years, he'd hear all types of fag jokes from his teammates in the locker room. So he kept what he does to himself until he eventually came out and revealed some of those things that many of us have heard our friends discuss.

Ah...you mean like being a white christian male in today's world. Not only are you responsible for everything wrong in women's lives, but you're the cause of all the other suffering in the world too.

roll

May 23 12 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Syowa - permanent station of Japan, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

SAND DIAL wrote:

Have not gotten to the bottom [pun not intended] of this page yet 2 'libs' want him raped.

Yet, those that claim rape isn't funny, seem to always find it funny if it involves jail or prison.

May 23 12 08:17 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

SKPhoto wrote:
Ah...you mean like being a white christian male in today's world. Not only are you responsible for everything wrong in women's lives, but you're the cause of all the other suffering in the world too.

roll

No. Were not talking about your personal story. But thanks for that info. I knew that it was related to this. You should put that on your bio in your MM profile. wink

May 23 12 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Legacys 7 wrote:

No. Were not talking about your personal story. But thanks for that info. I knew that it was related to this. You should put that on your bio in your MM profile. wink

This thread is getting way too silly now. Too much hating.

Peace

May 23 12 09:49 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Cait Chan wrote:

Here are some facts:

The families never do.

It's all good fun until someone gets hurt.

Cait Chan wrote:

And neither do you, so much for your rebuttal.

Cait Chan wrote:

I know drunks who've spent more than 30 days in jail.

Cait Chan wrote:

Use you're common sense.

Using your standard of degrees of separation  half the people in this thread might be in prison simply for lighting up a smoke.

May 23 12 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

SKPhoto wrote:
Use you're common sense.

Using your standard of degrees of separation  half the people in this thread might be in prison simply for lighting up a smoke.

In most states having oral sex with your wife or husband or "other" at night in your bedroom can get you locked up for 2 years

May 23 12 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

This thread is getting way too silly now. Too much hating.

Peace

Stop projecting your repeat 30 days. You're talking to the wrong person. My point and only point to you is playing this down as just a college prank. Dude's privacy was invaded for the rest of the world to see. My reply was to a silly ass guy. Hence the sarcastic reply to boy wonder.

May 24 12 08:58 am Link

Model

Ararity

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico

If the perp wasn't a @#$%  &%$$^* piece of &^%$ I would've sentenced him to 30 days in my bed!  Why must evil be so sexy? yikes

May 24 12 09:25 am Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Legacys 7 wrote:
Stop projecting your repeat 30 days. You're talking to the wrong person. My point and only point to you is playing this down as just a college prank. Dude's privacy was invaded for the rest of the world to see. My reply was to a silly ass guy. Hence the sarcastic reply to boy wonder.

Ok Ok, he got 30 days for not pulling a college prank. Feel better? This is all silly. There isn't anything you can say or do on MM to change that he got 30 days for a not college prank so why all the anger, hate and name calling? Where is it going to get you?

Have some coco and go for a walk. it is nice.

Sometime if you turn away from the your computer you will see the beautiful day it is outside. Thank god that Windows crash sometimes or people would never experience real life. I enjoy my window crashing. smile

Since he only got 30 days it would seem the judge and jury played it down if it was so evil and bad. Go call him names. You can find the address on google. Calling people names on MM ain't going to amount to a couple people reading it.

Stop projecting the 30 days? Err, isn't that the title of the thread?

May 24 12 10:01 am Link