Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Will society ever change..? R.I.P. Amanda Todd...

Model

DarcieK

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

So they said on the news this morning that they are combing social media sites to find the person(s) who bullied her.

But, I find it unbelievable that people are so skeptical about the investigating saying she showed her boobs on her own will. What they do not realize is that distributing the photo is illegal.

That's what is getting this case more nortority. The fact that she posted her story on YouTube and the criminal aspects of it.

Oct 16 12 09:16 am Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Oct 16 12 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

Compass Rose Studios

Portland, Oregon, US

Nicolette wrote:
Have you seen this yet?
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=950340

Piling on. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEWk1xpjLDg

I wouldn't fuck with anonymous.

Oct 16 12 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

wr not here

Presley ONeil wrote:

Okay so not to derail the thread anymore but let me just get this right here...

I. Can't have an opinion about what .I. Would do with .MY. Own kids. But .YOU. Can have an opinion of when exactly .I. Become an adult and what opinions .I. am allowed to have until then. Correct?
Do I get an opinion when I hit a certain age or how does that work?

Personally, I think your opinion is probably more relevant than that most adults in this instance. You are closer to the age of the victim, and obviously are sharing a lot more empathy with the victim.
Adults generally forget just how painful it can be to be a teenager.

Oct 16 12 07:02 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Compass Rose Studios wrote:

Piling on. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEWk1xpjLDg

I wouldn't fuck with anonymous.

They're legion for a reason man. I'd hate to be on their business end.

Oct 16 12 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

WR Photographics wrote:

Personally, I think your opinion is probably more relevant than that most adults in this instance. You are closer to the age of the victim, and obviously are sharing a lot more empathy with the victim.
Adults generally forget just how painful it can be to be a teenager.

+1

Oct 16 12 07:22 pm Link

Model

merel 89

Tilburg, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

If it's true... It's sad for her... But the problem wasn't at school right? It was the pedophile that was stalking her, not the school kids that bullied her? (yes she got beaten up by the girlfriend of the guy she fucked... but I'm sorry, that's somewhat legit) so school has no responsibility here. Easy to say that they had to take on more reponsibility.
But still find it a weird story... since when do the cops show up if there is a pic of your breast going viral? The story doesn't make sense to me

great to see how hypocrite my fb friends are btw; half is posting on this story how sad it is that someone took her life, while the other half is bitching 'my train got delayed because some asshole had to jump in front of the train'

Oct 17 12 03:41 am Link

Model

DarcieK

merel 89 wrote:
If it's true... It's sad for her... But the problem wasn't at school right? It was the pedophile that was stalking her, not the school kids that bullied her? (yes she got beaten up by the girlfriend of the guy she fucked... but I'm sorry, that's somewhat legit) so school has no responsibility here. Easy to say that they had to take on more reponsibility.
But still find it a weird story... since when do the cops show up if there is a pic of your breast going viral? The story doesn't make sense to me

great to see how hypocrite my fb friends are btw; half is posting on this story how sad it is that someone took her life, while the other half is bitching 'my train got delayed because some asshole had to jump in front of the train'

WTF is with this "if it's true?" bullshit -- the girl was bullied and she killed herself as a result.

Also, once again a non-Canadian commenting on how the RCMP conduct their investigations. In a small town, they would go to the house (maybe not a 4 am...she may have been exaggerating that point) but they would go and let the girl's parents know this happening ASAP as a minor is involved. Circulation of a minors breasts in this country is ILLEGAL.

Oct 17 12 06:45 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Amanda's cyberbully tracked down by hackers.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/alleged-amanda-tod … n-1.997244

Oct 17 12 06:50 am Link

Model

DarcieK

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
Amanda's cyberbully tracked down by hackers.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/alleged-amanda-tod … n-1.997244

Thanks Jerry, I've been looking for that story.

I saw one that did mention the name, but I'm not going to post that one due to it not being substantiated yet.

Oct 17 12 06:56 am Link

Model

JessieLeigh

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

merel 89 wrote:
If it's true... It's sad for her... But the problem wasn't at school right? It was the pedophile that was stalking her, not the school kids that bullied her? (yes she got beaten up by the girlfriend of the guy she fucked... but I'm sorry, that's somewhat legit) so school has no responsibility here.

If you watched the original video, it's rather clear that she was bullied by kids at school too.

And somewhat legit? No. Hell no.

Oct 17 12 08:04 am Link

Model

Lea Eden

Glastonbury, England, United Kingdom

I hadn't heard of Amanda Todd, but saw my daughter had her name written across her wrist, when I questioned her about it, she explained all the pupils in her school had done the same thing as a mark of remembrance and to discourage Bullying.

The whole thing was so Tragic.

Oct 17 12 09:39 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Pretty much all of it in a nutshell... with the exception of 'fuked far beyond random pizzas delivered'... where the Hell did THAT come from?... roll

*12year old* Girl flashes on cam then later gets a facebook msg saying to do a show or all friends get the pics.
- Pics were sent to her friends/family.
- She got bullied in school over them, people telling her to kill self.
- Guy uses her for sex when he has a gf.
- She moves around a bit, story follows her, tried suicide but fails.
- Makes 10 mins youtube video telling whole story.
- Killed herself at 15, story goes viral, internets justice demanded (cause no-one gives a fuk about anything till they're awared and it's normally too late).
- ******* blackmailer is found.
- If him then his life is probably fuked far beyond random pizzas delivered, his jobs listed and I'm sure there's jailtime for blackmailing children and possession of child ******

Jailtime?... we can only hope so... hmm 

Oct 17 12 11:44 am Link

Model

DarcieK

Select Models wrote:
Pretty much all of it in a nutshell... with the exception of 'fuked far beyond random pizzas delivered'... where the Hell did THAT come from?... roll

*12year old* Girl flashes on cam then later gets a facebook msg saying to do a show or all friends get the pics.
- Pics were sent to her friends/family.
- She got bullied in school over them, people telling her to kill self.
- Guy uses her for sex when he has a gf.
- She moves around a bit, story follows her, tried suicide but fails.
- Makes 10 mins youtube video telling whole story.
- Killed herself at 15, story goes viral, internets justice demanded (cause no-one gives a fuk about anything till they're awared and it's normally too late).
- ******* blackmailer is found.
- If him then his life is probably fuked far beyond random pizzas delivered, his jobs listed and I'm sure there's jailtime for blackmailing children and possession of child ******

Jailtime?... we can only hope so... hmm 

His life will be ruined but he will spend little to no time in jail hmm

Oct 17 12 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Frozen Moments

San Antonio, Texas, US

DarcieK wrote:

he will spend little to no time in jail hmm

What makes you say this?

Oct 17 12 12:25 pm Link

Model

DarcieK

Frozen Moments Photo wrote:

What makes you say this?

Just based on how the system works up here. If he does serve any time, it would only be a couple years or so.

It's a sad state of affairs when pedophiles and child murders get less jail time, on average, then drug dealers and fraudsters.

Oct 17 12 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

Frozen Moments

San Antonio, Texas, US

DarcieK wrote:

Just based on how the system works up here. If he does serve any time, it would only be a couple years or so.

It's a sad state of affairs when pedophiles and child murders get less jail time, on average, then drug dealers and fraudsters.

If ever a case for vigilante justice could be made, this might be it.

Oct 17 12 12:47 pm Link

Model

Kelli

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

DarcieK wrote:

WTF is with this "if it's true?" bullshit

Good question!!!

Oct 17 12 01:34 pm Link

Model

DarcieK

A story on Amanda's parents: