Forums > Critique > Insomnia late night reviews.....GO!

Photographer

HarryL

Chicago, Illinois, US

Lets play:)

Oct 29 12 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Lakeshore Photography wrote:
I'm game.

Great avi.....it works perfectly.

You have some high quality shots of some very beautiful women. Plus you have great versatility. I am very envious!

Oct 29 12 10:22 pm Link

Model

Mary Geraldine

Valdese, North Carolina, US

Peach Jones wrote:

If I may say, your body is pretty much perfect. HUGE wow factor!! I like your nudes because they are different. Gritty. Moody almost. I would like to see more because you do such a great job.

The only thing I didn't care for is there are too many 2 piece lingerie type shots. They seem to be redundant. Take your best 2 or 3, put them in opposite spots on your port and they won't detract so much.

Once last thing. i LOVE your eyes. They are exotic, moody and mysterious. I could do just a shoot with your eyes. Use them. They can be a selling point.

Good luck and thanks for stopping by!

Thanks so much!! I will keep these things in mind & try to use them to my advantage. ^_^

Oct 29 12 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

GMM Photography

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Peach Jones wrote:

You have several things going in your port.

I like the classy B/w shots in the upper third. You inspire me with those.

I like the editorial type feel in the middle third. Nice quality and looks like your shot hot.......is that correct?

the bottom third......hmmm, while I very much like your painting, I am not sure that this is the proper place for it. The paintings almost seem to tip the psyche of your port way off its axis.

Have you thought of starting a different port just for your paintings? I would like to see more of them too

THank you very much for looking though my port. That is probably one of the better crits that I have gotten on MM. Usually my stuff is off the beaten path for most people lol. I am not familiar with the term shot hot.
I never thought about making a seperate page for my art, that might be something worth trying.
Thanks again

Oct 29 12 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

HarryL wrote:
Lets play:)

I was so much enjoying your port. Scrolling down. Excellent llamas, love the tones of the B/W and sepia, great angles. and then I see

color

yes........color

I am sure you know all too well that color gives off a totally different mood and perception than mono

I just felt like my photo high was broken by an injection of narcan. bummer

So, the only thing I would perhaps suggest is having one port for the b/w mono shots and another for the colored shots. Just a suggestion because you are amazing at both!!!

Oct 29 12 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

Lakeshore Photography

Holland, Michigan, US

Peach Jones wrote:

Great avi.....it works perfectly.

You have some high quality shots of some very beautiful women. Plus you have great versatility. I am very envious!

Thank you.

Oct 29 12 10:28 pm Link

Photographer

HarryL

Chicago, Illinois, US

Peach Jones wrote:

I was so much enjoying your port. Scrolling down. Excellent models, love the tones of the B/W and sepia, great angles. and then I see

color

yes........color

I am sure you know all too well that color gives off a totally different mood and perception than mono

I just felt like my photo high was broken by an injection of narcan. bummer

So, the only thing I would perhaps suggest is having one port for the b/w mono shots and another for the colored shots. Just a suggestion because you are amazing at both!!!

Thank you so much for the critic truly appreciated for the list. I thought of you suggestion and I will give a try cause never thought that way.

Thank you again!

Harry

Oct 29 12 10:44 pm Link

Photographer

Silverstone Productions

Eugene, Oregon, US

Look at my port?

Oct 30 12 12:07 am Link

Photographer

C A S A N O V A

San Diego, California, US

What do i need to get rid off????! Thanks!!

Oct 30 12 12:10 am Link

Photographer

Ade One

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

im in

Oct 30 12 12:22 am Link

Model

Amelia Rouge

Anaheim, California, US

How about me?

Oct 30 12 12:41 am Link

Model

Meghan Congdon

Austin, Texas, US

Would love to get your opinion smile

Oct 30 12 12:42 am Link

Model

Angela-Chan

Avondale, Arizona, US

Please be gentle. ;o

Oct 30 12 12:47 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Go ahead, Peach.

Oct 30 12 01:03 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Silverstone Productions wrote:
Look at my port?

I like. You have some good vision going on. My plea to you is to keep developing that vision and incorporate it more into the b/W. Thanks for stopping by

Oct 30 12 04:33 am Link

Model

Chloe Selene

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

If you're still going, I'd love your opinion.  Thank you! smile

Oct 30 12 04:36 am Link

Model

Account Is Not Valid

Durango, Colorado, US

I would like some thoughts, please. smile

Oct 30 12 04:52 am Link

Model

London, England, United Kingdom

me ?

Oct 30 12 05:05 am Link

Model

JWest

Asheville, North Carolina, US

If you're still replying in this thread, me please.

Oct 30 12 07:46 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Peach Jones wrote:
they will be fast and honest. Who's game?

Oh,I may be too late.

My port is a little tweaked down and I only just now changed my membername for a little discretion from coworkers who know my facebook model page name of Gennaver.

Thanks if you have a look and review.

Jen-Gennaver

Oct 30 12 08:27 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Peach Jones wrote:

I like your avatar, makes me smile

You are without a doubt one of the foremost nude models on MM. You have a large WOW factor and your versatility is fabulous. The art nudes I believe are the ones I like best. I can easily see some of your work in an art gallery.

Keep it up!!

Thank you! smile

Oct 30 12 08:47 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

C A S A N O V A wrote:
What do i need to get rid off????! Thanks!!

I really did not see anything I totally disliked. your work is very clean and of extremely high quality. Wish I could do as well. If I have to reach a small bit, I don't care for these as much:

18+
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/p … 5#30376565
the lines are not as clear as the photo besides it.....which is better

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/p … 2#25118882
just doesn't pop like the rest of your work

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/p … 7#28364537
in most photographer's port this would be no problem. But you have some much fabulous work that anything that falls just below the line of fabulous sticks out like a sore thumb

Nov 01 12 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Ade One wrote:
im in

Even though you do great work and equally great quality, most of your work looks all the same. Is that what you are shooting for?

Nov 01 12 11:27 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Little Rouge wrote:
How about me?

You have a very unique look. I like it. also like your versatility. Keep going and be creative!

Nov 01 12 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Meghan Devlin wrote:
Would love to get your opinion smile

The first thing I noticed is that your legs are AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS!! so much wish you would have submitted to the Breast Cancer Benefit Calendar that highlighted legs:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/benefit … endar-2013

I like most of your photos, but a few not as much. i think you need to use your strengths just a bit more and you will be a 100% WOW model!

Nov 01 12 11:37 am Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Angela J Cheer wrote:
Please be gentle. ;o

Everybody has different ideas of what a good portfolio should be. Your idea may be different than mine. that said, I don't see anything too exciting in your port

Nov 01 12 11:39 am Link

Model

Rei L

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China

Yes please- so need it!

esp about what ugly things I should be removing!

Nov 01 12 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Jorge Kreimer wrote:
Go ahead, Peach.

Stark. That word come to mind as I scroll down your port. But.....that is not bad or good. it is what you do with it.

Really like the first 3 rows. You do an excellent job  with the rule of thirds. I like. A lot.

the next 642 rows, not so much. They really look all the same. My critique is to say that while you have some great work, it gets buried in the sheer numbers. I because calusse to the fab areworks because there were so many works. I think your port would be much stronger by severely reducing it.

Nov 01 12 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Sineann wrote:
If you're still going, I'd love your opinion.  Thank you! smile

You have some fabulous works, and some that are not. Your body is amazing! Use it like you have in some of your shots as you can make some stunning art.

Nov 01 12 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Alicia Hansen wrote:
I would like some thoughts, please. smile

up front I will tell you that I don't care for collages. The pics in them are smaller, and therefore I usually skip them. And I did so in your port to.

But of the works that are not collages I saw fab posing and great confidence. Like your versatility.

Nov 01 12 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

GR21

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

give it to me!

Nov 01 12 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Egle Damulyte wrote:
me ?

Fabulous beauty and your look is amazing. I would like to see some different types of look as most of your shots are pretty static. Good luck

Nov 01 12 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Peach Jones wrote:

Stark. That word come to mind as I scroll down your port. But.....that is not bad or good. it is what you do with it.

Really like the first 3 rows. You do an excellent job  with the rule of thirds. I like. A lot.

the next 642 rows, not so much. They really look all the same. My critique is to say that while you have some great work, it gets buried in the sheer numbers. I because calusse to the fab areworks because there were so many works. I think your port would be much stronger by severely reducing it.

Yeah, I know. The problem is that I will reduce it radically, and three weeks later it's back to 642 rows of photos.
*sigh*

Nov 01 12 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Jojo West wrote:
If you're still replying in this thread, me please.

I very much like that you have different types of work. You look very presentable yet very approachable all at the same time. This is to your credit. There are a couple shots that I didn't care for as much, but overall a good port.

Here is my one advice to you. you are in a pretty well populated area. Find a photographer that has a totally different style than you are used to....or even comfortable with. Let your creativity as a model and artist be expanded. have fun with all you do and thanks for stopping by!!

Nov 01 12 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

MyrnaByrna wrote:

Oh,I may be too late.

My port is a little tweaked down and I only just now changed my membername for a little discretion from coworkers who know my facebook model page name of Gennaver.

Thanks if you have a look and review.

Jen-Gennaver

yes, I remember you Jen. You used to be in Chicago.....right?
First of all, I LOVE your body!!!!! It was built for sensuality and art. And while I see some of that in your port you can do soooooo much more. Expand your art side and seek out your creativity. I sincerely believe that you can make art with your body and with light and with shadows that people will want to hang on their wall!!

Nov 01 12 07:49 pm Link

Model

Maggie Xia

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Would love to hear what you have to say smile

Nov 01 12 07:53 pm Link

Model

Natalie Kay

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Me please if you are still going I am new to the modeling world so any pointers are appreciated smile

Nov 01 12 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Yin L wrote:
Yes please- so need it!

esp about what ugly things I should be removing!

Yin, first of all your beauty is amazing. I almost see an inner struggle with you in which you are not sure to show that amazing headshot beauty that you have or should you go the art/creative path. You do fabulous with both, but at time I sense a bit of a struggle.

I see no shots that I do not like, but there are a few that I am not wild about. Also, at the bottom of your port the shots seem to have the same flavor and look. Gets a bit redundant for my taste. Ok, on to the ones I am not as wild about:

(some may be 18+)
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29627211
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29597161
actually that whole row

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30468289
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29763651
you have already shown that you can do some great art nudes and this isn't one of them

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29520592
same reason as above

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29764720
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29526575
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30113537

I could toss in a couple more but you get the idea. My point is.....your beauty is amazing. You have some photos in your port that take your look to the next level. If think if you stay with those type of photo you can not only have an extremely strong port, but also demand some top $$

Nov 01 12 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Bryland Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

OK, go!

Nov 01 12 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Chaf wrote:
give it to me!

I like the stark and gritty and almost 1950's feel to your port. I like that and I wish I had enough guts to do that. The only thing I would urge is stay with your creativity. You have some creative shots that I LOVE, and then you go back into portrait mode. Stay with the creative. That is what will make you a top notch photographer on MM and make people like me sooo envious of you!

Nov 01 12 08:09 pm Link