London, England, United Kingdom

That must make fellatio...interesting.

Nov 05 12 08:27 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Eurocat wrote:
Now I'm proper fucked.

Is that when he is wearing a Black Bow tie and nothing else?

Nov 05 12 08:31 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Carl Roberts wrote:
Is that when he is wearing a Black Bow tie and nothing else?

...and a smile!  (not me anymore though. sigh)

Nov 05 12 08:32 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Katarina N. wrote:

I know, I asked him 'how we gonna do that?'

He said 'like hedgehogs. Very carefully'.

Nov 05 12 08:33 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

I had braces when I was younger

They hurt

I was playing football at the time and kept getting hit in the mouth and my gums would get caught on the braces

But I guess they have new types now and they don't have to pound them into your head to get them on, So the whole process is probably much better

Nov 05 12 08:35 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Carl Roberts wrote:
I had braces when I was younger

They hurt

I was playing football at the time and kept getting hit in the mouth and my gums would get caught on the braces

But I guess they have new types now and they don't have to pound them into your head to get them on, So the whole process is probably much better

I had them when I was younger too. But it was such a fistful (hehe), it made my entire head ache. I 'only' had to wear them at night, but omg it hur so bad, I didn't wear them a whole lot...  now look where that got me.

Nov 05 12 08:36 am Link

Model

Russian Katarina II

Eurocat wrote:

I had them when I was younger too. But it was such a fistful (hehe), it made my entire head ache. I 'only' had to wear them at night, but omg it hur so bad, I didn't wear them a whole lot...  now look where that got me.

Makes sense if you don't want to end up with the ability to scare off children when you open your mouth. Steve Buscemi knows what I'm talking about.

Nov 05 12 08:43 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Katarina N. wrote:
Makes sense if you don't want to end up with the ability to scare off children when you open your mouth. Steve Buscemi knows what I'm talking about.

There was an entire article about why Steve B never had his grill fixed. Too bad I didn't read it. But from the before and after pictures of many stars (not saying I am one, but I am ambitious), I have nothing to worry about. (except for the next two years. Speaking roles bye-bye).

Nov 05 12 08:45 am Link

Model

DarcieK

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

It sucks, but there is the possibility of Invisiline. They are clear so you can't actually see them.

Maybe ask your dentist about them. smile

Nov 05 12 09:00 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

DarcieK wrote:
It sucks, but there is the possibility of Invisiline. They are clear so you can't actually see them.

Maybe ask your dentist about them. smile

Of course I have thought about that, it was my first question, but unfortunately it's not an option with my shark teeth.

Nov 05 12 09:06 am Link

Model

DarcieK

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Eurocat wrote:

Of course I have thought about that, it was my first question, but unfortunately it's not an option with my shark teeth.

sad

Nov 05 12 09:24 am Link

Model

Russian Katarina II

Eurocat wrote:

I hear sparkly vampires are in these days, maybe you should keep the shark teeth.

https://ps2media.gamespy.com/ps2/image/article/533/533991/dreamworks-shark-tale-20040727044456895_640w.jpg

Nov 05 12 10:06 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

I'm more worried about my speaking roles.
I don't smile a whole lot as it is, so not a big change there for me, but the videos... ugh!

Nov 05 12 10:50 am Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

get invisalign.

Nov 05 12 10:53 am Link

Photographer

r T p

Los Angeles, California, US

Eurocat wrote:
I'm more worried about my speaking roles.
I don't smile a whole lot as it is, so not a big change there for me, but the videos... ugh!

http://bracesbehindteeth.org/

Nov 05 12 10:54 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Damon Banner wrote:
get invisalign.

Again, not an option.

Nov 05 12 11:01 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

cy be rea n wrote:
http://bracesbehindteeth.org/

Also not an option.

Thanks though.

Nov 05 12 11:02 am Link

Model

Russian Katarina II

Eurocat wrote:
Also not an option.

Thanks though.

Nov 05 12 11:11 am Link

Artist/Painter

Two Pears Studio

Wilmington, Delaware, US

stock up on plaid pleated skirts, white tops with scalloped collars, white knee highs, and black patent leather shoes... or and those white pony tails... with the pom poms on them.

Nov 05 12 11:18 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Katarina N. wrote:
Could always fork over 40k for a completely new grill. I've noticed that virtually every actor in the US has an all-veneer front, it's not that widespread in Europe yet.

Maybe you ought to move over here and do theater instead.

UK? No more for me, ta. Been there for four years nearly. I don't do well in the cold. But I miss the theater, that's for sure.

I know, the veneers are lovely. But I literally have two huge tooth gaps (alcoholism when younger, but that's a saga for another time) that can be closed to where I only need ONE implant. Plus, my mouth hurts from crowding.

I do love the before and afters of Hollywood though, they give me the illusions that an Austrian small-town girl can be purty too.

Nov 05 12 11:19 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Two Pears Studio wrote:
stock up on plaid pleated skirts, white tops with scalloped collars, white knee highs, and black patent leather shoes... or and those white pony tails... with the pom poms on them.

lol  Done.

Nov 05 12 11:19 am Link

Model

Russian Katarina II

Eurocat wrote:

UK? No more for me, ta. Been there for four years nearly. I don't do well in the cold. But I miss the theater, that's for sure.

I know, the veneers are lovely. But I literally have two huge tooth gaps (alcoholism when younger, but that's a saga for another time) that can be closed to where I only need ONE implant. Plus, my mouth hurts from crowding.

I do love the before and afters of Hollywood though, they give me the illusions that an Austrian small-town girl can be purty too.

You're from Austria? I think your look would work well in France. Plus the weather here at the Riviera is infinitely better than in London. I don't miss the UK weather either. smile

Nov 05 12 11:23 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Katarina N. wrote:
You're from Austria? I think your look would work well in France. Plus the weather here at the Riviera is infinitely better than in London. I don't miss the UK weather either. smile

I don't know, the 'typical' french chicks all look like this anyway, short black hair....not sure they need another one... big_smile

But yes, the Riviera... I can dream... (*shouts at husband* BubbA!!! Take me on a Euro cruise next year!!!)

Nov 05 12 11:26 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Katarina N. wrote:

I'm not an expert, but I suspect she's getting the braces on the fronts (or maybe backs) of her teeth, not on the biting surfaces, so unless there are stray wires (which should not be there) then it really should not be an issue... 

(unless either of you have techniques I should find out more about) tongue

Nov 05 12 11:27 am Link

Artist/Painter

Two Pears Studio

Wilmington, Delaware, US

DougBPhoto wrote:

I'm not an expert, but I suspect she's getting the braces on the fronts (or maybe backs) of her teeth, not on the biting surfaces, so unless there are stray wires (which should not be there) then it really should not be an issue... 

It's called grating the cheese... or in other parts... grating the cob...

oh how the fetish list gets long!

Nov 05 12 11:35 am Link

Model

Russian Katarina II

Eurocat wrote:

I don't know, the 'typical' french chicks all look like this anyway, short black hair....not sure they need another one... big_smile

But yes, the Riviera... I can dream... (*shouts at husband* BubbA!!! Take me on a Euro cruise next year!!!)

Wie landet ein Schluchti in Texas? *hope I spelled this right*

Nov 05 12 11:37 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Katarina N. wrote:
Wie landet ein Schluchti in Texas? *hope I spelled this right*

LMFAO!!!! Schluchti? Kommt das von Schlucht?
Aber wir haben ja die Berge auch?!?

How did I end up in TX? Sailor walks into a bar. (fill in the blanks).
No, but seriously.
Sailor meets waitress. Marries waitress seven years later. Gets laid off Navy. Moves from CA to TX for new job. Here we are. smile

Nov 05 12 11:47 am Link

Model

Russian Katarina II

Eurocat wrote:

LMFAO!!!! Schluchti? Kommt das von Schlucht?
Aber wir haben ja die Berge auch?!?

How did I end up in TX? Sailor walks into a bar. (fill in the blanks).
No, but seriously.
Sailor meets waitress. Marries waitress seven years later. Gets laid off Navy. Moves from CA to TX for new job. Here we are. smile

When I lived in Germany they occasionally referred to the Oesis as "Schluchtenscheisser" because you guys dwell in the Alps. The Austrians I knew referred to the Germans as "Piefke" on the other hand. wink

Nov 05 12 11:50 am Link

Photographer

PhotographybyT

Monterey, California, US

Katarina N. wrote:

That scares me! yikes

Nov 05 12 11:53 am Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

DougBPhoto wrote:

I had braces into my sophmore year of high school, by which point Id had like, four or five boyfriends. I never hurt any of them, AND Im pretty sure my fellating skills were not so good then. So if I could pull it off as a kid, Im sure she wont hurt anyone.

They also make dental wax that you can press onto your teeth until you make it back to the dentist if a wire pops or theres sharp edges. Could always just line all your teeth in that if youre scared.

Nov 05 12 12:04 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Laura UnBound wrote:
They also make dental wax that you can press onto your teeth until you make it back to the dentist if a wire pops or theres sharp edges. Could always just line all your teeth in that if youre scared.

borat awesomesauce

I am not so worried about giving head, more about giving face. I do try and pay at least catfood and college with this gig.

Also, I am just getting started in a little bit of acting and now with the impending speech impediment (say that three times fast, I had trouble just typing it!) it's gonna be a tough (or let's just call it by it's ugly name: impossible) time getting any speaking roles.

Nov 05 12 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Laura UnBound wrote:

I had braces into my sophmore year of high school, by which point Id had like, four or five boyfriends. I never hurt any of them, AND Im pretty sure my fellating skills were not so good then. So if I could pull it off as a kid, Im sure she wont hurt anyone.

I had braces about 7 years ago, and while I've never given a BJ (nor do I plan to), I agree with you that so long as there is a minimum of common sense involved, there should not be much risk.

After all, even w/o braces, someone could have a seizure that inspired teeth clenching, but a little thinking and common sense goes a long ways, even if there are risks... just minimize them.

If anything, I'd be more concerned about stray rough edges on invisligns being worn, as a small cut or tear could create a big ouchie, but a little thinking can go a long way.

FWIW, you as a kid, were still smarter than a lot of adults... but yeah, I think the OP (and her husband) will be just fine.

Nov 05 12 12:18 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Eurocat wrote:
borat awesomesauce

I am not so worried about giving head, more about giving face. I do try and pay at least catfood and college with this gig.

Also, I am just getting started in a little bit of acting and now with the impending speech impediment (say that three times fast, I had trouble just typing it!) it's gonna be a tough (or let's just call it by it's ugly name: impossible) time getting any speaking roles.

Jessalyn comes to mind. It seems she pulled her portfolio and I dont know if theres any sort of easy way to find where shes still credited in other peoples ports, but she was a phenomenally gorgeous girl and had braces for several years. 

Theres also been a couple "models with braces" threads if you can actually find them with our fabulous search function.

Also, ask your dentist about ceramic brackets instead of the metal ones. I had those my second time around. As long as you keep them clean, from a reasonable distance it looks more like you have a retainer, rather than a full mouth of gear. One thin metal wire is a bit easier to get around than a whole mouth of metal...photographically speaking.

I never had any trouble with my speech when it came to braces. The real trouble was the retainers I was given after the braces came off. Those gave me a ridiculous lisp, and I couldnt wear the bottom one at all without choking on my own tongue. Which would be why my bottom teeth are still fucked hmm

Nov 05 12 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Eurocat wrote:

borat awesomesauce

You're not a commercial model (right?)   

Do that many people really hire you for a toothy smile?

If you're not hired for that now, I don't think having braces will matter in the least.  They never impacted my speech either.

Nov 05 12 12:27 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina II

In Soviet Russia, you wore teeth to fix your braces.

https://static.prtst.net/asset-proxy/398b7cb4f44abdd462a77a57cf3097fdad577196/687474703a2f2f7777772e616c6c6d7973746572792e64652f6461746569656e2f756836303438312c313236363232363830322c6a616d65732d626f6e642d626569737365722e6a7067/http://www.allmystery.de/dateien/uh60481,1266226802,james-bond-beisser.jpg

Nov 05 12 12:29 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Laura UnBound wrote:
Jessalyn comes to mind. It seems she pulled her portfolio and I dont know if theres any sort of easy way to find where shes still credited in other peoples ports, but she was a phenomenally gorgeous girl and had braces for several years. 

Theres also been a couple "models with braces" threads if you can actually find them with our fabulous search function.

Also, ask your dentist about ceramic brackets instead of the metal ones.

Thanks, I'll look.

Of course I have the ceramic sorted out, I guess now all we need in the dental world is some wire-subsitute that's clear or porcellain colored.

And of course I have hit the search button about braces before I started this foolish thread, but it's mostly newbies or (don't mean for this to sound condescending) little girls who can pull it off just fine, but not an old bird like me. Let's just hope this darn birthdaysuit at least stays ironed til I get the darn things off again.. in 24-28 months.... (it's like a sentence, innit?)

Nov 05 12 12:37 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

DougBPhoto wrote:
You're not a commercial model (right?)   

Do that many people really hire you for a toothy smile?

If you're not hired for that now, I don't think having braces will matter in the least.  They never impacted my speech either.

No, but I wouldn't mind being one. I even dropped a bunch of money on clothed pictures for a book. No luck so far. I guess I am way too old. Oh well. Nudie business is good business.

Nov 05 12 12:39 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Eurocat wrote:

Thanks, I'll look.

Of course I have the ceramic sorted out, I guess now all we need in the dental world is some wire-subsitute that's clear or porcellain colored.

And of course I have hit the search button about braces before I started this foolish thread, but it's mostly newbies or (don't mean for this to sound condescending) little girls who can pull it off just fine, but not an old bird like me. Let's just hope this darn birthdaysuit at least stays ironed til I get the darn things off again.. in 24-28 months.... (it's like a sentence, innit?)

Two years isnt too bad. I think from the time I was 9 till I was 16 I went maybe 2 years without having braces.

Nov 05 12 12:48 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Laura UnBound wrote:
Two years isnt too bad. I think from the time I was 9 till I was 16 I went maybe 2 years without having braces.

Not when you want to model...

I understand that it wasn't fun in school either, back in those days I had to wear the brick-like thing only during the night. Which, I guess made it so painful.

But I gotta do it, might as well.

Thanks for letting me have a good cry, everone.

Nov 05 12 12:50 pm Link