Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > My opinion on Pit Bulls has changed for the better

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

WR Photographics wrote:

He's brigged. 

In any case, as I've said a few times, this isn't the thread for that conversation.

Jun 14 13 10:08 am Link

Photographer

wr not here

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Damon Banner wrote:

He's brigged. 

In any case, as I've said a few times, this isn't the thread for that conversation.

I absolutely agree. It was just an interesting sentence to modify.

I've mentioned on a few occasions that one of my activities is working as a dog trainer. I have yet to meet a Pit Bull, AmStaff or any other Bully Breed dog that wasn't either a perfect gentleman or a happy go lucky goof.
The dogs I have had problems with have tended to be smaller, yappy things that have taken over their owners lives, and aren't about to give up their pedestal.

Jun 14 13 11:55 am Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

WR Photographics wrote:

I absolutely agree. It was just an interesting sentence to modify.

I've mentioned on a few occasions that one of my activities is working as a dog trainer. I have yet to meet a Pit Bull, AmStaff or any other Bully Breed dog that wasn't either a perfect gentleman or a happy go lucky goof.
The dogs I have had problems with have tended to be smaller, yappy things that have taken over their owners lives, and aren't about to give up their pedestal.

I've had the same experience. Chihuahua's are the bane of my damn existence because they're yappy, annoying little fuckers.

Jun 15 13 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Nicolette wrote:
I've had the same experience. Chihuahua's are the bane of my damn existence because they're yappy, annoying little fuckers.

True dat.

In fact, one nipped me at the location where you, me, and Beast shot.

Jun 15 13 12:39 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

rp_photo wrote:

True dat.

In fact, one nipped me at the location where you, me, and Beast shot.

That sucks sad I'm sorry.

Jun 15 13 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Nicolette wrote:

That sucks sad I'm sorry.

The dog was part of the shoot, and I had the audacity to pet it smile

Jun 15 13 12:46 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

rp_photo wrote:

The dog was part of the shoot, and I had the audacity to pet it smile

lol HOW DARE YOU.

Beast was a little weird about being pet too, if I'm remember correctly. He would never nip at anyone, but I remember him keeping his head down pretty low. Poor baby.

Jun 15 13 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Nicolette wrote:

neutral

My childhood dog was half Chihuahua. I adored that little guy.

Jun 15 13 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Nicolette wrote:

lol HOW DARE YOU.

Beast was a little weird about being pet too, if I'm remember correctly. He would never nip at anyone, but I remember him keeping his head down pretty low. Poor baby.

I'd rather get nipped by several than lose you to the Left Coast. Say it isn't so!

Jun 15 13 12:51 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Lawrence Guy wrote:

neutral

My childhood dog was half Chihuahua. I adored that little guy.

Dude, that's totally fine. I'm glad you had an awesome Chihuahua. smile I'd love to see a photo of him, if you have one.
How are the beagles doing?

Jun 15 13 12:58 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

rp_photo wrote:

I'd rather get nipped by several than lose you to the Left Coast. Say it isn't so!

lol I'm only in SF for a week. tongue

Jun 15 13 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Nicolette wrote:

lol I'm only in SF for a week. tongue

Praise the Lord sez the Priest.

Jun 15 13 01:02 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

rp_photo wrote:

Praise the Lord sez the Priest.

lol I'll be back in hippieland [Austin] soon enough!

Jun 15 13 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Nicolette wrote:

lol I'll be back in hippieland [Austin] soon enough!

Like totally awesome and groovy smile

Jun 15 13 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Nicolette wrote:

Dude, that's totally fine. I'm glad you had an awesome Chihuahua. smile I'd love to see a photo of him, if you have one.
How are the beagles doing?

Zorro had to be euthanized a few months after you visited (I think that was the chronology). Kidneys went bad. Now we have Arlo, who is a truly unique puppy. He literally has a security blanket, which he nurses every day in my mom's lap. She always wanted a lap dog; none of her previous dogs cooperated with that idea, but Arlo insists upon it. Figures that he's the biggest dog we've ever had. 35 pounds isn't in the monster dog category, but for a beagle it is, and for a lap dog... well. Charlie-O is also doing fine, but is quite gray around the face. My mom calls her Princess Charlotte.

I don't have photos of Shorty (the half-Chihuahua) online.

Jun 15 13 01:11 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Lawrence Guy wrote:

Zorro had to be euthanized a few months after you visited (I think that was the chronology). Kidneys went bad. Now we have Arlo, who is a truly unique puppy. He literally has a security blanket, which he nurses every day in my mom's lap. She always wanted a lap dog; none of her previous dogs cooperated with that idea, but Arlo insists upon it. Figures that he's the biggest dog we've ever had. 35 pounds isn't in the monster dog category, but for a beagle it is, and for a lap dog... well. Charlie-O is also doing fine, but is quite gray around the face. My mom calls her Princess Charlotte.

I don't have photos of Shorty (the half-Chihuahua) online.

I remember Arlo and his security blanket. He was adorable. smile I'm glad he's doing well.
I'm sorry to hear about Zorro. sad That's really sad. But I'm sure Zorro was well loved and lived a great life.
I'm glad to hear that Charlie is doing well. smile

What was the chihuahua mixed with?

Jun 15 13 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Nicolette wrote:

I remember Arlo and his security blanket. He was adorable. smile I'm glad he's doing well.
I'm sorry to hear about Zorro. sad That's really sad. But I'm sure Zorro was well loved and lived a great life.
I'm glad to hear that Charlie is doing well. smile

What was the chihuahua mixed with?

Ah, then Zorro was before you visited. It's shocking how time has passed.

Shorty was a beagle/chihuahua mix, though I think he might have had some terrier in him. He had the breathing problems of beagles and the shivering problems of chihuahuas, and he was adorable.

He also justified all the comments about small dogs being nippy. The only thing he ever perforated, though, was the mail.

Jun 15 13 01:31 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Lawrence Guy wrote:

Ah, then Zorro was before you visited. It's shocking how time has passed.

Shorty was a beagle/chihuahua mix, though I think he might have had some terrier in him. He had the breathing problems of beagles and the shivering problems of chihuahuas, and he was adorable.

He also justified all the comments about small dogs being nippy. The only thing he ever perforated, though, was the mail.

A dog being nippy/enjoying biting and chewing isn't such a big deal to me, so long as they're taught what's okay to chew on, ya know?
Nipping is in a chihuahua's nature. That's totally fine, as long as they chew on appropriate things. Things that aren't me lol

Jun 15 13 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Jirrupin

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

Lawrence Guy wrote:
Figures that he's the biggest dog we've ever had. 35 pounds isn't in the monster dog category, but for a beagle it is, and for a lap dog...

at just over 70 pounds my bully is quite convinced he is a lap dog, in the most literal sense, he'll climb up and try to make himself comfortable on anyone that trys to sit on his sofa (yes, he has his own)

Jun 15 13 05:39 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Jirrupin wrote:

at just over 70 pounds my bully is quite convinced he is a lap dog, in the most literal sense, he'll climb up and try to make himself comfortable on anyone that trys to sit on his sofa (yes, he has his own)

BEAST DOES THE SAME THING.
But he sleeps on my legs. So much pain.

Jun 15 13 06:57 pm Link

Model

fluffycakes

Chicago, Illinois, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

There has been some bad breeding of Pitt Bulls which has caused problems.

Uh huh.. Uh huh..

So I don't think I've mentioned ginger yet, our new pit we stole from gang members in the ghetto. The sweetest dog in the world.. By yknow she's a pit so she must be evil.

Jun 16 13 11:53 am Link

Photographer

DwLPhoto

Palo Alto, California, US

model and her puppy

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5082/5376964275_a5020cd1da_z.jpg

He was such a good dog it convinced me to get mine. Later we did a shoot/doggie play date when her dog had grown up.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8182/8034970479_af10019e9a.jpg

NSFW version

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8449/8032 … 65cc5f.jpg

bonus:  horse photobomb

https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6060/6336138481_1aed03fbbf.jpg

Jun 16 13 01:25 pm Link

Model

J Jessica

Coconut Creek, Florida, US

The image titled George Bush 36 is wonderful!
smile
Why do you name your images after an ex not-so-widely-loved President?

Jun 16 13 02:44 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

J Jessica  wrote:
The image titled George Bush 36 is wonderful!
smile
Why do you name your images after an ex not-so-widely-loved President?

That's the name of the park we shot in hahahahaha

Jun 16 13 08:55 pm Link