Forums > General Industry > Kilts? Photographers who wear them?

Model

Caitin Bre

Apache Junction, Arizona, US

Is there any photographers who wear Kilts?

Is there any Photographers that have done a photo shoot with a model in one?

Kilts are Hot.

Show me your Kilt Photo's

Jan 13 13 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

Yves Duchamp- Homme

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Does it have to be an official kilt or can it be just a skirt of any kind?

Jan 13 13 01:32 pm Link

Model

Caitin Bre

Shon D.- Homme wrote:
Does it have to be an official kilt or can it be just a skirt of any kind?

Well A man Skirt Would be Hot. A tutu would be funny so I guess what You decide. As long as its artistic.

I guess if you wore it to do a shoot.

I don't know how to answer that? Did you wear a skirt to do a shoot as a photographer?

I guess I never had that happen. I wouldn't have any trouble smiling though. smile

Jan 13 13 01:40 pm Link

Model

allison mindy

Gainesville, Florida, US

I used to shoot with a photographer who wore kilts on a daily basis. It was awesome smile

Jan 13 13 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

I won't wear mine, it's the most gawdawfull orange!!!

Jan 13 13 01:54 pm Link

Model

Caitin Bre

George Ruge wrote:
I won't wear mine, it's the most gawdawfull orange!!!

Get a new one You  Like! When do we shoot?

Jan 13 13 01:55 pm Link

Model

Caitin Bre

allison mindy wrote:
I used to shoot with a photographer who wore kilts on a daily basis. It was awesome smile

I'm Jealous. wink smile

Jan 13 13 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

Nicholas Fischer

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

I would if I had one.

Jan 13 13 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Mikell

San Francisco, California, US

https://www.flanaganscelticcorner.com/mysitecaddy/sitedata/flanaganscelticcorner.com/product/1340/large.jpg

http://www.utilikilts.com/
I've been thinking of one of these
since they now have a store in San Francisco I'll likely get one at least for Burning Man

Jan 13 13 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

Bjorn Lumiere

Asheville, North Carolina, US

I live in mine.

Jan 13 13 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Click Hamilton wore a tutu at least once.

Jan 13 13 02:39 pm Link

Model

Caitin Bre

mikell wrote:
https://www.flanaganscelticcorner.com/mysitecaddy/sitedata/flanaganscelticcorner.com/product/1340/large.jpg

http://www.utilikilts.com/
I've been thinking of one of these
since they now have a store in San Francisco I'll likely get one at least for Burning Man

I'm planning on being there! I will look for the kilt with a camera! smile

Jan 13 13 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by Lorenzo

Seattle, Washington, US

Yes...I wear mine all the time. I switch them up, mainly because I have five of them.

But not on shoots... I am all over the place, on the ground and everywhere in between.

Jan 13 13 02:45 pm Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

we shot a wedding where four of the gentlemen (including the groom) wore kilts.

https://www.crendophoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/swan-clark-0564.jpg

Jan 13 13 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

RistPhoto

Telluride, Colorado, US

I own an English-style kilt with an Irish tartan. I love it, but I have never worn it to a shoot.

Jan 13 13 03:01 pm Link

Model

Caitin Bre

Rist Photography wrote:
I own an English-style kilt with an Irish tartan. I love it, but I have never worn it to a shoot.

I want to do a few shoots on Apache trail This year. I love the superstitions. Kilt would be awesome there! Sedona too!

Jan 13 13 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Yes, it's all kisses and puppies until you get a kilt-wearing photographer with no undergarments and you're starting a thread about the creepy photographer in the kilt who kept shooting you from above so you could check out his Scottish Sausage.

Jan 13 13 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

jkcphotography

Youngstown, Ohio, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
Yes, it's all kisses and puppies until you get a kilt-wearing photographer with no undergarments and you're starting a thread about the creepy photographer in the kilt who kept shooting you from above so you could check out his Scottish Sausage.

This. As a member of Clan Ramsey I have 3 different Ramsay tartan kilts [modern, ancient, and hunting] . I wear them to Burns Nights, highland games, and church occasions as needed.

Can't say I have done a shoot in one though....

Jan 13 13 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

I don't have a kilt, but I do have a loincloth.

Jan 13 13 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Jhono Bashian

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Haven't talked and of the gals at Tilted Kilt to visit the studio yet...  I've been known to adorn a toga at Bacchanalia Festivals. I have lederhosen, its just not as easy to expose your self to art as a kilt is.

Jan 13 13 03:35 pm Link

Model

Caitin Bre

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

I don't understand a word you said.

But I do like puppies (don't kiss them though!). I don't like to wear painties under my skirts. But I didn't know photographers went without Panties.(never Noticed)
Been lucky so far not many creeps. Not many shoot from above, not a good angle. Scottish sausage? I don't know never had one. Not many photographers offer lunch at my shoots.

I'm Irish though! LOL

edit:
Oh Ok I think I know what you were picturing, But it wasn't what I was Picturing, But anyway is this what you had in mind? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cLpWJLcQc8k/S … 2Bkilt.jpg

Jan 13 13 06:37 pm Link

Model

Caitin Bre

Jhono Bashian wrote:
Haven't talked and of the gals at Tilted Kilt to visit the studio yet...  I've been known to adorn a toga at Bacchanalia Festivals. I have lederhosen, its just not as easy to expose your self to art as a kilt is.

I went to a Renaissance Festival by Apache Junction Az. I loved the scenes. I would absolutely love to do a few shoots of that theme!

Just check out http://celebs.allwomenstalk.com/wp-cont … /RC__2.jpg

Jan 13 13 06:41 pm Link

Model

Caitin Bre

Rist Photography wrote:

Irish Tartan sounds awesome.

Jan 13 13 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

ThroughAGlassPhoto

Waldport, Oregon, US

I wear one a lot, in addition to being a photographer I am also a professional piper.

Jan 13 13 07:17 pm Link

Model

Sky Donohue

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Rist Photography wrote:

Why didn't I know this???

Jan 13 13 07:21 pm Link

Model

Caitin Bre

ThroughAGlassPhoto wrote:
I wear one a lot, in addition to being a photographer I am also a professional piper.

The 1st pics in your port, is that a festival?

Jan 13 13 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

https://www.staonlineshop.co.uk/images/thumbs/0000789_460.jpeg

Clan Lewis is a sept of Clan MacLeod.

If I could afford a traditional kilt I would definitely have one.

Jan 13 13 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

GeM Photographic

Racine, Wisconsin, US

I have kilts (wool great kilts from years of being an SCA re-enactor), but I've never worn one to do a photoshoot.

Jan 13 13 08:37 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

Palm Springs, California, US

Are.

Jan 13 13 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

James O Wright

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I have worn my kilt many times for renaissance festivals but never for a photo shoot.  Since I wear mine traditional I can understand the comment above about the photographer showing his Scottish sausage.  It's only a skirt if you wear panties under it.

Jan 14 13 06:07 am Link

Photographer

Fernon

Annapolis, Maryland, US

I never wear underwear so if I wore a Kilt at my photoshoots my man parts would flop out.

Jan 14 13 06:34 am Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

I've shot in a kilt more than once, but it's not my preferred clothing for shooting... A pair of black Dickies work pants so I don't have to worry about flashing the world while I'm up on a ladder or getting down on the floor works a lot better.

From our wedding at Edinburgh Castle, Scotland:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/123/404956955_7c453e151d.jpg

Jan 14 13 06:38 am Link

Model

Caitin Bre

Caradoc wrote:
I've shot in a kilt more than once, but it's not my preferred clothing for shooting... A pair of black Dickies work pants so I don't have to worry about flashing the world while I'm up on a ladder or getting down on the floor works a lot better.

From our wedding at Edinburgh Castle, Scotland:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/123/404956955_7c453e151d.jpg

Very Awesome Photo!

Jan 14 13 07:09 am Link

Photographer

KonstantKarma

Campobello, South Carolina, US

I'm now going to buy one.

The last Games I went to it was so cold (and snowing) I have no idea how any of us made it.  I'm Irish, not Scottish, and built with chicken legs.

Jan 14 13 07:13 am Link

Model

Caitin Bre

James O Wright wrote:
I have worn my kilt many times for renaissance festivals but never for a photo shoot.  Since I wear mine traditional I can understand the comment above about the photographer showing his Scottish sausage.  It's only a skirt if you wear panties under it.

HHmmmm a level playing field? When I am shooting in public with a tiny skirt and showing my Irish clam to the world it is expected to be free and natural with no worries. But if a photographer wears a kilt he has to worry about his scottish sausage flirting with the sunshine.
It does take allot in different situations to make that shot so natural even if you are comfortable with your body. I am happy to see that fact understood.
I am confident and professional even in a skirt with my Irish clam showing. I think there are photographers that make art that can be professional in a kilt even if his scottish sausage happened to fall past a knee length kilt.

Jan 14 13 07:28 am Link

Model

Caitin Bre

KonstantKarma wrote:
I'm now going to buy one.

The last Games I went to it was so cold (and snowing) I have no idea how any of us made it.  I'm Irish, not Scottish, and built with chicken legs.

LOL Photoshop those chickens into peacocks!

The Highlanders are largely descended from the Irish Scotii who migrated to Scotland from Ireland in the 4th-6th Centuries.
The leine and Irish Tartan was eventually discarded as everyday clothing, partly due to restrictive English laws imposed upon the Irish populace and also for economic reasons.

Jan 14 13 07:43 am Link

Photographer

toesup

Grand Junction, Colorado, US

I've work a kilt.. as I'm part Scottish and allowed to do so..

.. but not for a photo shoot.. well, not yet anyway...

"There is nothing worn under a proper Scotsman's kilt.. It is all in perfect working order"..

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/249820_1916213759125_5634695_n.jpg

Jan 14 13 07:49 am Link

Photographer

KonstantKarma

Campobello, South Carolina, US

Caitin   wrote:

LOL Photoshop those chickens into peacocks!

The Highlanders are largely descended from the Irish Scotii who migrated to Scotland from Ireland in the 4th-6th Centuries.
The leine and Irish Tartan was eventually discarded as everyday clothing, partly due to restrictive English laws imposed upon the Irish populace and also for economic reasons.

I found a great deal on a kit online, I think I'll be orderin' when I have the dough. big_smile

Jan 14 13 07:58 am Link

Model

Caitin Bre

KonstantKarma wrote:

I found a great deal on a kit online, I think I'll be orderin' when I have the dough. big_smile

wink smile

Jan 14 13 07:59 am Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

maybe i'm around too many guys in kilts,  because i used to like them and now not so much sad

Jan 14 13 07:59 am Link