Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Please Beyonce

Model

Russian Katarina

London, England, United Kingdom

T wrote:

I was there...she was just fine and no worries, I doubt another artist like her will ever be invited to any of inarguation post Pres. Obama.

Paul Ryan might invite AC/DC. They're on his Ipod.

I think "Highway to hell" would be appropriate for the occasion, if he were inaugurated in January 2017.

Jan 31 13 07:05 pm Link

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

T wrote:

There you have it!!!

T did you see that news article that Rand Paul wants Obama impeached because of Beyonces lip syncing, no joke..

Jan 31 13 07:06 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina

Koryn Locke wrote:

Nah, my mom would still be bitching about how I wasn't livin' right.

...even if I was a multi-millionaire, setting her up in a big house of her own, with a maid, personal chef, and live-in masseuse. She'd find some reason to justify her own negativity.

My mother has become much more accepting of my modeling,  once some of the money it made me went into supporting her. Retirement on a govt. pension in Russia truly is no fun.

Jan 31 13 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Damon Banner wrote:

The same could be said about random photographers on the internet, who knows?

Word. Especially insecure photographers that thread jack a Sony thread by stating, "I don't know why people shoot with Sony." The thread was about Sony's pancake lens.

Nothing worse than seeing men that are drama queens. It's worse than drama queen women.

Jan 31 13 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

London Fog wrote:
Ah, we have to get personal don't we, it's a defense mechanism right!

Irony. See reply and quote above. ^

Jan 31 13 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Russian Katarina wrote:

I don't even know who that is. And I probably don't want to know.

Do yourself a favor....avoid any program,music show,youtube clip,ect having anything to do
with Nikki Minaj...

Brain cells will be destroyed en mass if you accidently come in contact with anything having to do with her,and unlike Vodka you won't enjoy this type of brain cell massacre

Jan 31 13 07:10 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina

Chris Rifkin wrote:

Do yourself a favor....avoid any program,music show,youtube clip,ect having anything to do
with Nikki Minaj...

Brain cells will be destroyed en mass if you accidently come in contact with anything having to do with her,and unlike Vodka you won't enjoy this type of brain cell massacre

https://buzzdixon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/clockwork_big.jpg

Jan 31 13 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Erika Muse wrote:
I could care less about what happened at the inauguration. Her music is not all that......her husband is not the best rapper alive and they both should go away and stop trying to hog the spotlight so much.

Not a fan myself. But you know what? As long as their is a consumer that will buy their music, they're not going anywhere or stealing anything. I think that Jay Z's rap is whack too. But, his fans have a different opinion. Same applies to Beyonce. They're not ruling my world. I know how to turn my t.v. and radio off.

Jan 31 13 07:12 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Russian Katarina wrote:

My mother has become much more accepting of my modeling,  once some of the money it made me went into supporting her. Retirement on a govt. pension in Russia truly is no fun.

My mom knows nothing about the actual details of my life. She knows nothing about me modeling for years, or any of that stuff. I never introduced her to people I dated after a point, because she talked shit about all of them.

When I finally told her, late last year, I was going back to school so I could work in the fitness industry, she said that was a job for "dumb trophy wives." I thought she would be proud. Nope. Should have known.

She's still upset over the fact I'm divorced, and I left my husband years ago now. Still pretends to her family like I'm married, because it shames her so much that I'm single and have no children, and do not work for a public school, or something like that.

Now, she's just badgering me about why I'm not a physical therapist. I don't want to be a physical therapist; I want to train people, because it's fun and I enjoy it.

*shrug*

/threadjack

Jan 31 13 07:16 pm Link

Model

Nedah Oyin

Chicago, Illinois, US

sublime LightWorks wrote:

That crutch has become so comforting to you.

It REALLY bothers you that America has an entire set of racial politics and rules to which you are not privy.. It bothers MANY of you.. Trust me when I say I wish to the depths of my being and beyond that it were not so.. It is, though.. So kill the crutch bullshit.. You don't know because you don't have to.. I know because I do.. You wanna trade places..? I'd LOVE to see what it's like being on your side.. LOVE..

Jan 31 13 07:20 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Erika Muse wrote:
I could care less about what happened at the inauguration. Her music is not all that......her husband is not the best rapper alive and they both should go away and stop trying to hog the spotlight so much.

Yet you logged on to a modeling website and ran straight to the Beyonce thread to post. Out of all these damn threads.

Seems like a hypocrite.

Jan 31 13 07:23 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

egyptmachine wrote:

T did you see that news article that Rand Paul wants Obama impeached because of Beyonces lip syncing, no joke..

I know what's about....she rubbed elbows with the wrong one. wink

Jan 31 13 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

-Ira

New York, New York, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
*shrug*

/threadjack

I'm sorry you're dealing with that.  In my humble opinion/experience you should do what makes you happy.  If you do that you'll be your best and prosperous.  That positivity will attract others.

It's tough for people to transition from what they believe.  Especially when they resent your success.  Prove to them through your success is a better way to live.

Never allow someone's negativity to dictate your direction.

That's all, I'll get off my soap box now.....

Jan 31 13 07:35 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

-Ira wrote:

I'm sorry you're dealing with that.  In my humble opinion/experience you should do what makes you happy.  If you do that you'll be your best and prosperous.  That positivity will attract others.

It's tough for people to transition from what they believe.  Especially when they resent your success.  Prove to them through your success is a better way to live.

Never allow someone's negativity to dictate your direction.

That's all, I'll get off my soap box now.....

I think someone told Beyonce the same thing. big_smile

Jan 31 13 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Ras Media

New York, New York, US

Jan 31 13 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

-Ira

New York, New York, US

T wrote:

I think someone told Beyonce the same thing. big_smile

Touche.  Once again I am supporter of individual artists being commercially successful.  However I am old school in who should represent our country as a whole during a state affair.

Jan 31 13 07:57 pm Link

Model

Nedah Oyin

Chicago, Illinois, US

-Ira wrote:

Touche.  Once again I am supporter of individual artists being commercially successful.  However I am old school in who should represent our country as a whole during a state affair.

Why shouldn't Beyonce represent America, and who, in your opinion, is more 'qualified'..?

Jan 31 13 08:18 pm Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

egyptmachine wrote:
why are people still so worked up about her lip syncing?? Is a person not allowed to have a day where their voice is weak, or they were just getting over a cold but had confirmed months before that they would do it?

I get annoyed when people like Ashley Simpson (very old example I know), or Britney Spears make excuses for their lip syncing, because we all know they can't sing anyways.

Got forbid people like Adele, Beyonce, or even fucking Whitney Houston at one time in their lives sang to a back track because their throat wasn't 100% that day.

People are just trying their luck at any excuse to bash the president, and its throwing anyone near him on the train. *shrug*

-fin-

zackley!

Jan 31 13 08:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Nedah Oyin wrote:

Why shouldn't Beyonce represent America, and who, in your opinion, is more 'qualified'..?

https://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/IDK.gif

Jan 31 13 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

T wrote:

Yet you logged on to a modeling website and ran straight to the Beyonce thread to post. Out of all these damn threads.

Seems like a hypocrite.

Stupid celebrities -- always hoggin the spotlight. Kind of like those silly models always jumping in pictures and stuff.

The nerve I tell ya!

Jan 31 13 08:30 pm Link

Model

modeled

San Diego, California, US

Russian Katarina wrote:

Paul Ryan might invite AC/DC. They're on his Ipod.

I think "Highway to hell" would be appropriate for the occasion, if he were inaugurated in January 2017.

NPR agrees lol

Feb 01 13 05:55 am Link

Model

modeled

beyonce.

do

not

want

Feb 01 13 05:55 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Nedah Oyin wrote:

Slayer

Feb 01 13 06:09 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Instinct Images wrote:
Beyonce is a HUGE star and a great singer. She did a fine job at the inauguration even if she did sing with a backing track.

She didn't "sing" anything. She hit PLAY on a CD player and proved she was a poser in front of our nation. If a GODDAMNED 3 YEAR OLD KID kid can sing the Star Spangled Banner better than a "professional" then, as far as I'm concerned, she's just one big epic fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBQBOIIjQPQ

Feb 01 13 06:10 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

I'm not following the Inside Edition drama.

...and she can sing no doubt but didn't do justice to Etta's 'At Last'.

As for the Anthem and 'live' performances, sing it live.
Jeesh

Feb 01 13 06:10 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Not many people can do that justice,but IMO it was a very good try
and for the record,she really can sing and is very easy on the eyes,so why the hate?

Feb 01 13 06:12 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

Not many people can do that justice,but IMO it was a very good try
and for the record,she really can sing and is very easy on the eyes,so why the hate?

Hate?

Lol
*after I compliment you in another thread*

I don't hate anything or anyone.
I just say what I think.

After singing with a bunch of old blues musicians, you get a little opinionated about these things.
I like some of Beyonce's work.

Ok Chris,
Later

Feb 01 13 06:19 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Hate?

Lol
*after I compliment you in another thread*

I don't hate anything or anyone.
I just say what I think.

After singing with a bunch of old blues musicians, you get a little opinionated about these things.
I like some of Beyonce's work.

Ok Chris,
Later

I meant in this thread in general,not you

Feb 01 13 06:41 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
I meant in this thread in general,not you

Thanks for clarifying that.

I am on very little sleep and still at the studio; I'm sorry I took it the wrong way.

Here's a song I really really like of hers -

http://vimeo.com/m/31108044

She sings and looks delightful

Feb 01 13 06:46 am Link

Makeup Artist

T

Shot By Adam wrote:

She didn't "sing" anything. She hit PLAY on a CD player and proved she was a poser in front of our nation. If a GODDAMNED 3 YEAR OLD KID kid can sing the Star Spangled Banner better than a "professional" then, as far as I'm concerned, she's just one big epic fail.

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvqx3gQvbW1r317bvo1_500.gif

Feb 01 13 06:52 am Link

Model

modeled

couldn't resist lol

https://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnj3tfHYKO1qfefpb.gif

Feb 01 13 07:16 am Link

Model

-Nicole-

Madison, Wisconsin, US

I love me some B!

Feb 01 13 07:20 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

PhillipM wrote:
go away.

She purdy.
Can sing.
You don't have to listen.
Vote with your remote control now.

Feb 01 13 07:39 am Link

Model

Nedah Oyin

Chicago, Illinois, US

Shot By Adam wrote:

Are you kidding..? This rabid hate directed at a woman who HAS been singing professionally for the better part of two decades..? With six or seven albums under her belt, [[ with and without her group ]] sixteen grammy's, and 75 million records sold worldwide..? For a practice that is so widespread every major artist does it at some point in their career..? Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you people..? She's going to be remembered as a pop culture icon, both with Destiny's Child and without.. She changed the face of pop music.. She literally belongs to the most successful girl group of all time.. And the people in this thread hate her like she thrashed their momma.. Some of ya'll are delusional as fuck, saying she doesn't have talent and is overrated.. That bookcase full of Grammys begs to differ.. Please get ya'lls lives and start coming for the people that really have no talent instead of biting the heel of a giant, because your hating asses look hella sour.. Smh..

I feel like every time I defend Beyobce here I become a little bit more of a stan..

Feb 01 13 08:11 am Link

Model

Nedah Oyin

Chicago, Illinois, US

Jules NYC wrote:

As for the Anthem and 'live' performances, sing it live.
Jeesh

Hell, Etta didn't do justice to Etta's version, the first time I heard it I was disappointed by how flat it was and how uninspired I felt afterwards.. Don't be a music snob just to be a music snob..

Feb 01 13 08:14 am Link

Model

JWest

Bakersville, North Carolina, US

Lol, that made me laugh out loud. hahaha I love it. My husband hates her with the fire of a thousand suns.

Feb 01 13 08:16 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Shot By Adam wrote:

She made the recording!

Feb 01 13 08:18 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Nedah Oyin wrote:
Hell, Etta didn't do justice to Etta's version, the first time I heard it I was disappointed by how flat it was and how uninspired I felt afterwards.. Don't be a music snob just to be a music snob..

Having a different opinion than yours personally doesn't make me a snob.
You just made one yourself.

I will say before the late Miss Ella had some dementia perhaps and dealing with alcoholism and whatever... she was truly amazing in her prime.

What I find completely amusing is the most critique comes from people that don't play music.

Feb 01 13 08:23 am Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Um... Beyonce does it a cappella at Super Bowl Press Conference, Thursday Jan. 31st.

borat

Feb 01 13 08:26 am Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Nedah Oyin wrote:

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Slayer

lol

Feb 01 13 08:28 am Link