Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Please Beyonce

Model

Nedah Oyin

Chicago, Illinois, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Having a different opinion than yours personally doesn't make me a snob.
You just made one yourself.

I will say before the late Miss Ella had some dementia perhaps and dealing with alcoholism and whatever... she was truly amazing in her prime.

What I find completely amusing is the most critique comes from people that don't play music.

The 'opinion' doesn't make you a snob, this does:

'After singing with a bunch of old blues musicians, you get a little opinionated about these things.'

Feb 01 13 08:28 am Link

Model

-Nicole-

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Hey, remember when Christina Aguilera fucked up the national anthem?

Feb 01 13 08:57 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Mickelson es NYC wrote:
I'm not following the Inside Edition drama.

...and she can sing no doubt but didn't do justice to Etta's 'At Last'.

As for the Anthem and 'live' performances, sing it live.
Jeesh

Got it. But Etta wasn't too happy with her and said some pretty nasty things about her. She didn't handled what she felt was rejection from the Obama family and focused her anger on her.

We all have artist that we feel are overrated. Well, a lot of us do. But (not referring to you.) some of the responses on here, you'd swear that she was Brittany Spears, making a come back on stage. I mean, damn. She proved that she can sing, and she gave in my opinion, an honest explanation. She felt that her voice wasn't up to it and basically didn't want to fuck it up, giving some of the already fucked attitudes on here, more fuel to feed the fire if she had screwed it up. Hell, we had a top notch violin musician in the first inauguration that faked his violin playing in front of an even larger audience. Where's the hate at for that front? I'd say that he looked more silly, pretending that he was playing.

Feb 01 13 08:58 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

She made the recording!

You're absolutely correct. Her and multiple takes and the and the auto tune and the perfect studio acoustics and post audio engineers. They all did the recording.

Then she showed up and hit "PLAY" on a CD player and acted like she was really singing. Sorry, but she's a poser. At least when Christina Aguilera botched the Star Spangled Banner she at least made an attempt to sing it live, but alas, she too without her multiple takes and audio engineers couldn't do it right either.

It just goes to show that nowadays music is more engineering and manufactured success than it is pure talent. I'm not saying Beyonce is a no-talent hack, but she certainly doesn't do what she does without an army of people making her as good as she is and she takes all the credit. Her hatchet-job insult to our nation is proof of that.

Feb 01 13 08:59 am Link

Makeup Artist

T

Washington, District of Columbia, US

-Nicole- wrote:

I remember they couldn't say enough negative shit about her. No one wants to sing at the inarguation unrehearsed.

Feb 01 13 09:01 am Link

Makeup Artist

T

kickfight wrote:
Um... Beyonce does it a cappella at Super Bowl Press Conference, Thursday Jan. 31st.

borat

Feb 01 13 09:04 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

-Nicole- wrote:

Yep...another major epic fail by a "professional" grammy-award winning singer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj5NPNe3jNU

Feb 01 13 09:04 am Link

Makeup Artist

T

Shot By Adam wrote:

You're absolutely correct. Her and multiple takes and the and the auto tune and the perfect studio acoustics and post audio engineers. They all did the recording.

Then she showed up and hit "PLAY" on a CD player and acted like she was really singing. Sorry, but she's a poser. At least when Christina Aguilera botched the Star Spangled Banner she at least made an attempt to sing it live, but alas, she too without her multiple takes and audio engineers couldn't do it right either.

It just goes to show that nowadays music is more engineering and manufactured success than it is pure talent. I'm not saying Beyonce is a no-talent hack, but she certainly doesn't do what she does without an army of people making her as good as she is and she takes all the credit. Her hatchet-job insult to our nation is proof of that.

No army song with her yesterday.

Feb 01 13 09:05 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

T wrote:

Yep, she sounded great. No doubt about that. She also didn't sound anywhere NEAR as good as she did with the pre-recorded track played at the inaugural either.

Feb 01 13 09:07 am Link

Makeup Artist

T

Man, folks be hatin'.

Feb 01 13 09:07 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

T wrote:
Man, folks be hatin'.

It's not about "hatin'" anything. It's about calling people out on their bullshit. When someone stands on a stage with a microphone in their hand and pretends to sing in front of the inaugural address to a nation and lies about singing that nation's NATIONAL FUCKING ANTHEM, how can you be even surprised that people are going to respond negatively?

Feb 01 13 09:10 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Shot By Adam wrote:

Damn. After reading that melodramatic shit, you'd swear that Beyonce pulled a 9-11. Do it right in this case is subjective. She'd proved that she can sing it, yesterday. If you feel that she didn't do the so any justice to our nation, jump up on stage and show us how it's really done. smile

Feb 01 13 09:10 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Shot By Adam wrote:

It's not about "hatin'" anything. It's about calling people out on their bullshit. When someone stands on a stage with a microphone in their hand and pretends to sing in front of the inaugural address to a nation and lies about singing that nation's NATIONAL FUCKING ANTHEM, how can you be even surprised that people are going to respond negatively?

Quote and link where'd she said that she'd lied.

Feb 01 13 09:11 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Legacys 7 wrote:

Quote and link where'd she said that she'd lied.

She lied the instant she picked up that microphone and pretended to sing. When I watch that performance on TV and see her singing, I have to logically conclude that what I'm hearing is what she is singing, live. By her playing her pre-recorded studio performance on a CD while standing on that stage acting like she's really singing that music, it's one big fat ugly lie.

Feb 01 13 09:14 am Link

Photographer

L o n d o n F o g

London, England, United Kingdom

Shot By Adam wrote:

This...100%, thank you Adam!

Feb 01 13 09:16 am Link

Makeup Artist

T

Shot By Adam wrote:

Whitney Houston lip synced it. BFD

I've seen Beyonce live the girl is awesome. I was at the inauguration....I ain't mad.

Feb 01 13 09:18 am Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

T wrote:

Shot By Adam wrote:
Yep, she sounded great. No doubt about that. She also didn't sound anywhere NEAR as good as she did with the pre-recorded track played at the inaugural either.

But both the a cappella performance I linked *and* the inaugural performance were, as you've qualified them here, "great" and better than great, respectively.

So, Beyonce starts at "great" and goes upward from there.

I agree with your assessment of her talent.

Feb 01 13 09:20 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Nedah Oyin wrote:

The 'opinion' doesn't make you a snob, this does:

'After singing with a bunch of old blues musicians, you get a little opinionated about these things.'

I disagree.
I learned a lot by those guys but it is my opinion, not theirs.
I haven't been with that band for a long time.

Feb 01 13 09:21 am Link

Makeup Artist

T

I guess models shouldn't get pimples edited out....shit is fake. Right?

Seems y'all should post unedited pics. I mean, without the mua, hair, wardrobe stylist and  photoshop (the army)......Your shit is fake and you're just untalented hacks. By your logic.

Feb 01 13 09:22 am Link

Photographer

L o n d o n F o g

Hardly any of these so called 'r&b', rap, hip-hop, whatever the fuck they want to call themselves have any talent at all, they have no originality, barely any song writing skills. All they have is money, an army of photoshoppers, stylists, fake wigs suppliers and pre-rocorded crap that's been sampled and ripped off a thousand times, and re-manufactured into the garbage we have to endure.

They will never ever match the class, the elegance, the style and pure song writing excellence of their forefathers, namely Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder etc.

And to think that I grew up loving those great soul artists of the 70's and 80's!

Boy oh boy, what the fuck has happened to black music, totally bastardized beyond recognition!

Feb 01 13 09:27 am Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

London Fog wrote:
They will never ever match the class, the elegance, the style and pure song writing excellence of their forefathers, namely Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder etc.

Yes, that is unarguably true, but that's like saying we haven't had another Lennon/McCartney, and therefore it's all been downhill since then.

The peaks, particularly the highest ones, don't become baseline. They remain peaks until someone goes even higher.

Feb 01 13 09:32 am Link

Makeup Artist

T

London Fog wrote:
Hardly any of these so called 'r&b', rap, hip-hop, whatever the fuck they want to call themselves have any talent at all, they have no originality, barely any song writing skills. All they have is money, an army of photoshoppers, stylists, fake wigs suppliers and pre-rocorded crap that's been sampled and ripped off a thousand times, and re-manufactured into the garbage we have to endure.

And to think that I grew up loving those great soul artists of the 70's and 80's!

Boy oh boy, what the fuck has happened to black music, totally bastardized beyond recognition!

turn the fucking station. I don't shit on country music...I turn the fucking station.

These black folks don't need your pennies.

Feb 01 13 09:33 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Shot By Adam wrote:

She lied the instant she picked up that microphone and pretended to sing. When I watch that performance on TV and see her singing, I have to logically conclude that what I'm hearing is what she is singing, live. By her playing her pre-recorded studio performance on a CD while standing on that stage acting like she's really singing that music, it's one big fat ugly lie.

Here's what you stated. "When someone stands on a stage with a microphone in their hand and pretends to sing in front of the inaugural address to a nation and lies about singing that nation's NATIONAL FUCKING ANTHEM, how can you be even surprised that people are going to respond negatively?"

Now you're changing your position. "And" would mean, also. Unless your posting a double negative here. Basically what you're saying now is that you said it twice in one post that she'd lied when she'd picked up the microphone.

No. What you really said is, she both lied when she picked up the microphone and lied about it singing it.

Feb 01 13 09:34 am Link

Photographer

L o n d o n F o g

T wrote:

turn the fucking station. I don't shit on country music...I turn the fucking station.

These black folks don't need your pennies.

What does country have to do with this? at least those guys know how to write a tune!

At least they don't write such choice lyrics like 'motherfuckin this, motherfuckin that, motherfucker, motherfucker, diss, yo, yo, yo, yo, sup, motherfucker!

Great songwriting eh?

Feb 01 13 09:38 am Link

Makeup Artist

T

London Fog wrote:

What does country have to do with this? at least those guys know how to write a tune!

At least they don't write such choice lyrics like 'motherfuckin this, motherfuckin that, motherfucker, motherfucker, diss, yo, yo, yo, yo, sup, motherfucker!

Great songwriting eh?

Turn the station. What the hell is wrong with your hands? I don't listen to music that I don't like and bitch about it. That's stupid as hell.

Feb 01 13 09:40 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

London Fog wrote:

Dude. That London fog has messed up the little brain cells that you have in that dense brain. Since when have you become the emperor of Black music? What's even more sad is when you have to turn the topic into "black" music. Similar to you fucking up a Sony thread where the topic was about the new Sony Pancake lens. You come in with your insecure irrelevant post and posting, "you don't know why people shoot with Sony." That was part of the reason why that thread got closed up.

When you can put together a hip-hop records and lyrics, get back at us and show how much better and talented that you are.

Feb 01 13 09:41 am Link

Model

-Nicole-

Madison, Wisconsin, US

London Fog wrote:

Great songwriting eh?

I need to listen to that Beyonce song!

Feb 01 13 09:42 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

London Fog wrote:

Great songwriting eh?

Ironic. Pretty much most of your post on here, you reply with "fucking." Great replies eh? smile

Feb 01 13 09:43 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Legacys 7 wrote:
No. What you really said is, she both lied when she picked up the microphone and lied about it singing it.

Yes, you got it right. She did, in fact, lie about both. It was only until she was caught that she admitted to her lie/misrepresentation of her performance.

Photographer

L o n d o n F o g

Legacys 7 wrote:

Dude. That London fog has messed up the little brain cells that you have in that dense brain. Since when have you become the emperor of Black music? What's even more sad is when you have to turn the topic into "black" music. Similar to you fucking up a Sony thread where the topic was about the new Sony Pancake lens. You come in with your insecure irrelevant post and posting, "you don't know why people shoot with Sony." That was part of the reason why that thread got closed up.

When you can put together a hip-hop records and lyrics, get back at us and show how much better and talented that you are.

Er, it's ok, I'll pass on that. I'm happy with my super talented Pink Floyd, Zep and the rest!

Makeup Artist

T

Legacys 7 wrote:

He's either trolling or trippin'.

Adding the "black" to the topic is bait. Seriously, only a stupid motherfucker would listen to music that they hate. Just because the artist is black it doesn't mean the music is for all blacks....every artist has a target market, I don't whine about not being the target.

Feb 01 13 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Shot By Adam wrote:

Yes, you got it right. She did, in fact, lie about both. It was only until she was caught that she admitted to her lie/misrepresentation of her performance.

\

Again. Post a link where she'd said that she actually singed the song live?

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

We live in a world that contains Frank Ocean, and I for one am delighted. smile

Model

Nedah Oyin

Chicago, Illinois, US

London Fog wrote:

what do you say to a racist troll who is clearly racist and trolling..?

Feb 01 13 09:46 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

London Fog wrote:

Er, it's ok, I'll pass on that. I'm happy with my super talented Pink Floyd, Zep and the rest!

Shit. Zep would laugh at your ass. And way to go by avoiding the rest of my post that you'd replied to.

Feb 01 13 09:46 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

T wrote:

He's either trolling or trippin'.

Adding the "black" to the topic is bait. Seriously, only a stupid motherfucker would listen to music that they hate. Just because the artist is black it doesn't mean the music is for all blacks....every artist has a target market, I don't whine about not being the target.

The guy's a troll in the photography forum.

Feb 01 13 09:48 am Link

Model

Nedah Oyin

Chicago, Illinois, US

kickfight wrote:

agreed..

Model

Nedah Oyin

Chicago, Illinois, US

Legacys 7 wrote:

The guy's a troll in the photography forum.

he's a troll in every forum.. racist self..

Makeup Artist

T

kickfight wrote:

I like Frank Ocean, Bruno Mar, I listen to all types of music from The Eagles, Hall & Oates, Jeffrey Osbourne to lil Wayne and Go-Go Music.

Feb 01 13 09:49 am Link

Model

Nedah Oyin

Chicago, Illinois, US

Shot By Adam wrote:

she can't hear you over her 16 grammys..

Feb 01 13 09:50 am Link