Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > The Picky Art List

Model

_eMMe_

Florence, Toscana, Italy

I fear you are too picky... but you're free to get a look on my portfolio.

Feb 13 13 11:10 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Stark Swearengen wrote:
Maybe?

Ally your portfolio is very refreshing! If I didn't know better I would think that I was looking at a photographers portfolio because I like that most of your images have a similar style. You "get it" and it's a pleasure to see!

I really like several of your photos, especially the one of you on the posing box at the bottom of your portfolio. I would have instantly listed that one but as I am picky I didn't because I'm not sure what's going on in the top left corner. The image and pose is amazing though and it's very early Earl Moran-esque which helps because I am a huge admirer or Moran's non-pinup work!

I also really like the Pink Shoes studio image, not so much for the composition as more for the fact that HOLY COW you're wearing lingerie that properly fits! I say that because before my work moved me I was considering opening a lingerie store which carried European lines which generally have a better fit than the US lines and like my art pickiness, properly fitting lingerie is the foundation for properly fitting clothing!

All of this said, I did look at your clothed portfolio too and prefer your nude one instead. This is not simply because I have testicles, but the overall flow and relation between your nude images is envious and outstanding!

Your image of you on the footstool for the win and for my list! Excellent work and come to Texas some time! Hope your back gets better soon!

Don

Feb 13 13 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

_eMMe_ wrote:
I fear you are too picky... but you're free to get a look on my portfolio.

eMMe, You are lovely! With that said I'd enjoy seeing a broader range amongst your photos. Your naturally curly hair is wonderful!

The second shot in your portfolio by Mr. Soprani speaks to me. Not only is it an excellent image but it is telling a story all on its own even with the tighter crop. So much so in fact that I love everything about it and has been added to my list. smile

See! Not quite that picky!

Ciao,

Don

Feb 13 13 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

John Draper

Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

Why not smile

Feb 13 13 03:55 pm Link

Model

Stark Swearengen

Woodbridge, Virginia, US

Thank you very much!  I would love to get more work on my other profile, it's been a lot easier to find people ready to shoot nudes though.  My back is much improved and I should be back to business and gym time soon.  I'm glad you enjoyed looking over my portfolio!

Feb 13 13 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

John Draper wrote:
Why not smile

Thanks for playing John!

Ok, in a nutshell you are very capable at what you do! Your portfolio here on llama Mayhem is pretty portrait heavy so there's not a whole lot for me to go on. I did look at your web site as well (as Ive tried with everyone that's posted here that has one and also read the full profiles) and you have some nice images there as well.

Here's my picky turn-off unfortunately...
I understand why some have a need to have a watermark on their images for protection of the image. No harm, no foul I completely understand! With that though I find them to be terribly distracting and inadvertently end up looking at nothing but the watermark!

The laying down figure you have in your portfolio that was uploaded on Sept. 11, 2011 is rather nice, if not possibly cropped a bit tight but as I said, I can't help but look at it and wonder why she's laying on a huge watermark. sad

Sorry for no listing this time but as I said you are completely capable and I look forward to future work!

Don

Feb 13 13 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

accidental double post due to MM slowness!

Feb 13 13 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

nerdlinger

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Sure, why not. Thanks!

Feb 13 13 09:24 pm Link

Model

allison mindy

Gainesville, Florida, US

DWShoots wrote:

You are gorgeous and have some great images in your portfolio. I'd be fortunate to work with you myself. Unfortunately, nothing for my list... Yet.
I say yet because you look more than capable!

Thanks
Don

Thank you for looking.... maybe someday smile

Feb 15 13 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Solus

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

I'd sure like to know? Cheers.

Feb 15 13 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

RC Images

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

Have a look

Feb 16 13 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Sharfman Photography

Purcell, Oklahoma, US

Please review my work.

Feb 16 13 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

juliarabkin

Rochester, New York, US

smile

Feb 16 13 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Lou DiGesare

Scotia, New York, US

Anything here???

Feb 16 13 05:54 pm Link

Model

Glamour Jessica

New York, New York, US

You decide

Feb 16 13 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Oh boy! I go to Vegas for a few days and get flooded! smile

I'll get to everyone I promise!

Feb 19 13 10:03 am Link

Model

janine cockerham

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

ok,since your back, i'll play smile

Feb 19 13 10:39 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Oddlittleworld Arts wrote:
Sure, why not. Thanks!

Dave, thanks for responding and sorry for the delay in getting back with you!

I really like what you're doing. You're images all have that haunted feel and your processing is sensationally executed!

I don't feel that the last image in your portfolio belongs as you have a nice theme going. I totally "get" what you were trying to do with that shot and enjoy the concept. I just don't think it was executed up to your standards.

That said, I really like the image I commented on and find it perfect for my list!

Don

Feb 19 13 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Solus wrote:
I'd sure like to know? Cheers.

Solus,

You have an incredible portfolio!
Several shots are very inspiring and you have some beautiful bodyscapes. Looking at your work has inspired me to shoot a male model as sometimes I forget what a physique in the proper light can look like without looking like homo-erotic work or muscle magazine shots.

I really like The Bather and because I'm picky the only reason I didn't list it is because her naval piercing distracts my eyes from the rest of the image. Otherwise, she looks like a Grecian statue in a garden of solitude! It's a gorgeous image both in your portfolio and in my mind.

The only other comment I might offer, (in my meager opinion at least) is that you are shooting some incredible images yet I believe your models shouldn't mostly be shaven bare as they are. I'm not talking full on 1970's foliage but in my minds-art-eye, a little "there" is better than nothing there in fine art nudes.

You have excellent taste, an excellent portfolio, and an eye for detail and I'm glad I waited until now to respond to you in this thread otherwise I would have missed perfection!

Not only have I listed your Fossil image but I've sent you a friend request and added you to my favorites as well! Excellent quality craftsmanship!

Thanks for sharing!

Don

Feb 19 13 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

RC Images wrote:
Have a look

RC
Thanks for responding to my thread!

I really like what you're doing in your location images. The low angles, the deconstructed urban exploration, and the models you're using are all outstanding!

I see an excellent editorial style to your portfolio, better than a lot of magazine shots even.

Unfortunately nothing for my list, although I did comment on a couple of images that I really enjoyed!

Thanks again!

Don

Feb 19 13 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

MidnightSun Designs

WINSTON SALEM, North Carolina, US

lets play

Feb 19 13 08:38 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Barker

Houston, Arkansas, US

If you are still at it, please do  smile

Feb 20 13 05:05 am Link

Photographer

Art Nudes

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom

Go for it!! smile

Feb 20 13 05:12 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Sharfman Photography wrote:
Please review my work.

Mark, thanks for taking the time to post here and thanks for letting me look at your work.

I see a pretty varying degree of quality in your images. Some of them I really like and others feel like art school projects.

Some of your crops seem a little tight and then a little loose on others. It's an interesting combination of differences and if I didn't know better I would think that two different people had taken the shots. Not that this is a bad thing necessarily just an observation!

As far as my picky list is concerned, there is one image that I find that really stands out from your portfolio and I can assume that your inspiration might have been the first reaction that I had. I'm a firm believer in nothing can be done that hasn't been done before when you carefully look throughout history. One of your images strikes me as a photo-representation of a Degas painting and I really like it and so have listed it.
smile

Thanks for sharing!

Don

Feb 20 13 09:30 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

JuliaRabkindotcom wrote:
smile

Julia!
Top-notch portraiture and a really excellent command of contrast.

If you haven't seen print yet, you should. I'm guessing you have.

Gorgeous images in your portfolio but nothing for my picky list.

Thanks!
Don

Feb 20 13 09:34 am Link

Photographer

BYNW

Oak Harbor, Washington, US

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100707/16/4c350e0721fc5_m.jpg ??

Feb 23 13 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Lou DiGesare wrote:
Anything here???

Thanks for posting Lou.

You have a nice portfolio and your experience shows.
For glamour I'm seeing better lighting then what Playboy has been producing over the last couple of years and there are definitely some images that stand out.

There's a couple of shots on your "Lou Who" account that really stand out to me as well. Unfortunately nothing for my list yet.

Thanks!
Don

Feb 24 13 08:03 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Glamour Jessica wrote:
You decide

Feb 24 13 08:06 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

janine cockerham wrote:
ok,since your back, i'll play smile

Janine,

You've got a great start to your portfolio. The shot by Biff with you and the shotgun is contrast heaven!

Keep at it and you'll find a photographer that will produce something truly amazing with you!

Thanks,

Don

Feb 24 13 08:08 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

MidnightSun Designs wrote:
lets play

Thanks for responding.

Not a whole lot of variety here for me to survey and if I could offer any advice at all it would be to bend your models more. God made us flexible for a reason!

Keep at it!

Thanks

Don

Feb 24 13 08:10 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Jennifer Barker wrote:
If you are still at it, please do  smile

Jennifer,

You have a BIG portfolio!
Lots of great head shots and frankly, I don't know what else to say other than you are very striking and pretty. You pull off the different looks well with all the hair styles too.

It doesn't look like you've worked with any photographers that have really tried to push your emotions although I see a spark here and there.

Nothing for my list at the moment but I'm imagining worlds of potential with you.

Thanks

Don

Feb 24 13 08:17 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Art Nudes wrote:
Go for it!! smile

Thanks for responding,

You have the passion and the drive, at least that's what I'm seeing for having such a new portfolio.

The best advice I can offer is keep shooting! Check out this link too and spend a few hours studying these photos. They have been inspiring to me as well.

http://www.fineartnude.com/webring/

Don

Feb 24 13 08:21 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

BYNW wrote:
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100707/16/4c350e0721fc5_m.jpg ??

Nope, Sorry.

Amber in the ferns is a nice shot though!

Don

Feb 24 13 08:22 am Link

Photographer

Sharfman Photography

Purcell, Oklahoma, US

DWShoots wrote:

Mark, thanks for taking the time to post here and thanks for letting me look at your work.

I see a pretty varying degree of quality in your images. Some of them I really like and others feel like art school projects.

Some of your crops seem a little tight and then a little loose on others. It's an interesting combination of differences and if I didn't know better I would think that two different people had taken the shots. Not that this is a bad thing necessarily just an observation!

As far as my picky list is concerned, there is one image that I find that really stands out from your portfolio and I can assume that your inspiration might have been the first reaction that I had. I'm a firm believer in nothing can be done that hasn't been done before when you carefully look throughout history. One of your images strikes me as a photo-representation of a Degas painting and I really like it and so have listed it.
smile

Thanks for sharing!

Don

Many thanks for the feedback and the listing!

Feb 24 13 08:29 am Link

Model

_eMMe_

Florence, Toscana, Italy

DWShoots wrote:

eMMe, You are lovely! With that said I'd enjoy seeing a broader range amongst your photos. Your naturally curly hair is wonderful!

The second shot in your portfolio by Mr. Soprani speaks to me. Not only is it an excellent image but it is telling a story all on its own even with the tighter crop. So much so in fact that I love everything about it and has been added to my list. smile

See! Not quite that picky!

Ciao,

Don

Than you Don! I hope to add more variety to my shots. I add many different works and not enough time for modeling...

Feb 24 13 09:57 am Link

Photographer

Werner Lobert

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

take a look

Feb 24 13 11:04 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Werner Lobert wrote:
take a look

Werner you have some wonderful creations.

You and I seem to at least state similar things in our profiles and one image really stuck out at me.

The one with the striped socks/tights would seem so basic if they weren't present but because they are it gives it such a wonderful nice perspective of lines like an abstract painting.

I love it and listed it!

Thanks for letting me look!

Don

Feb 25 13 10:58 pm Link

Model

Leone P

Batley, England, United Kingdom

Hello. Can i play please. smile

I know im new and my port needs work so i won't be offended. smile

Feb 27 13 07:15 am Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Leone P wrote:
Hello. Can i play please. smile

I know im new and my port needs work so i won't be offended. smile

Leone,

You've got a great start to your portfolio and probably an accent that would turn me to putty but unfortunately nothing for my list yet.

Work with some photographers that really push your creative side and don't be nude simply for the sake of doing so unless you enjoy being naked. smile

Keep at it!

Don

Feb 27 13 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Anyone else? smile

Mar 12 13 05:43 pm Link