Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Where in the world has the best Oceanside beaches?

Photographer

MMR Creative Services

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US

LBI, NJ

Feb 17 13 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

My mother says Thailand and she has been everywhere

Feb 17 13 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Al Lock Photography

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

hassanchop wrote:
My mother says Thailand and she has been everywhere

I'll bet she means the Andaman Sea beaches, not the Gulf of Thailand beaches...

Feb 17 13 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

lynden

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Al Lock Photography wrote:

Planning to visit my nephew in BKK this year and thinking about making the jump to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Do you know if there are good flight options from Thailand?

Feb 17 13 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Al Lock Photography wrote:

I'll have to ask her

Feb 17 13 07:58 pm Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

I guess it depends how you define "nice" really.

Kauai has some beautiful "wild" beaches on the northern shore, including Lumahai Beach, featured in the classic movie "South Pacific". New Zealand has some very pretty beaches on the North Island and some awesomely desolate ones with some very impressive driftwood on the South Island.

Bondi in Australia is a massive disappointment but there are some nice "tropical" beaches in the Far East and the Caribbean.

The South of France has Nice, Cannes and St. Tropez which are baking hot and can be expensive depending on which hotel has claimed ownership of them. Italian beaches tend to be long flat strips of sand with about 10,000 sunbeds and a million naked kids running around.

If you like wildlife, there are some extremely impressive and unspoiled beaches in Patagonia where you can watch wildlife, including whales, all day, but it tends to be a bit on the chilly and windy side and therefore not great for sunbathing.,

If you have a deckchair, a windshield and a knotted handkerchief for your head then you'll be right at home on some of the UK beaches, although you'll probably need a raincoat most of the time too...

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Feb 17 13 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Strange

Tampa, Florida, US

https://vietnamtravelblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Nha-trang-beach.jpg

Vietnam has some nice ones...this one kinda' reminds me of an
"Asian Santa Monica"...
The beach itself feels remote but good eats and nightlife are right across the street!

Feb 17 13 09:21 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

-B-R-U-N-E-S-C-I- wrote:
I guess it depends how you define "nice" really.

Kauai has some beautiful "wild" beaches on the northern shore, including Lumahai Beach, featured in the classic movie "South Pacific". New Zealand has some very pretty beaches on the North Island and some awesomely desolate ones with some very impressive driftwood on the South Island.

Bondi in Australia is a massive disappointment but there are some nice "tropical" beaches in the Far East and the Caribbean.

The South of France has Nice, Cannes and St. Tropez which are baking hot and can be expensive depending on which hotel has claimed ownership of them. Italian beaches tend to be long flat strips of sand with about 10,000 sunbeds and a million naked kids running around.

If you like wildlife, there are some extremely impressive and unspoiled beaches in Patagonia where you can watch wildlife, including whales, all day, but it tends to be a bit on the chilly and windy side and therefore not great for sunbathing.,

If you have a deckchair, a windshield and a knotted handkerchief for your head then you'll be right at home on some of the UK beaches, although you'll probably need a raincoat most of the time too...

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Extremely descriptive, thank you:)
Hawaii's got my vote so it seems.

I desire to go to the UK for the ambiance mostly.
I love the rain.

I don't like being too hot...
After spending time in Arizona I thought I was going to melt.
I felt sick.

70 to 85 is perfect.

Feb 17 13 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

Al Lock Photography

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

lyndens wrote:

Planning to visit my nephew in BKK this year and thinking about making the jump to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Do you know if there are good flight options from Thailand?

Fly to Phuket or Krabi and go from there...

Feb 17 13 09:23 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Bali.

Feb 17 13 09:23 pm Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

The Florida freaking Keys.

Feb 17 13 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Claver

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

After having visited beaches all over the world I will categorically state that the beaches on the southern end of Rarotonga in the Cook Islands are the best I've ever been to.

If you're looking for surf then these aren't for you since the island is completely surrounded by a reef but the lagoon water is incredible and full of life.

No better place in the world to relax IMHO.

Feb 18 13 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Claver

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thong Nai Pan on the north eastern side of Koh Phangan in the gulf of Thailand comes a close second. Well.. 10 years ago that was the case. Dunno what it's like now.

Feb 18 13 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

Lightcraft Studio

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

If you don't like being on a beach with no one around, you can always try Fujiazhuang Beach in China:

https://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/esq-crowded-fujiazhuang-beach-china-072909-lg-92281073.jpg

Feb 18 13 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:
i've had authentic Hawaiian food before.
It rocks!

i love spam too...

https://i.imgur.com/m8TQi.png

Feb 19 13 08:43 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

S W I N S K E Y wrote:

i love spam too...

lol

I don't eat Foghorn Leghorn or Wilbur anymore:P

Feb 19 13 08:59 am Link

Model

Maria Susanti

Banyuwangi, Jawa Timur, Indonesia

Raoul Isidro Images wrote:
The one where I can do this all year 'round.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100810/23/4c62409dc4684.jpg

Russel Crowe made a film about it (he didn't take the credits)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0951318/

you can do that on my city, just google G-land big_smile

Feb 24 13 01:27 am Link

Photographer

David Pinter

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

It depends on the backdrop you are looking for in the shot. Rough crashing waves (North Shore Oahu Hawaii), Serene warm calm water with amazing pink sunsets (Rocky Point, Mexico; south of Arizona), or dramatic rocky cliffs with clouds and light houses in the distance (Maine, RI, MA, CT.). Just a suggestion!

Feb 24 13 01:17 pm Link

Model

Misty R H

Anaheim, California, US

There are so many beautiful beaches.  Rio has some great beaches as does Costa Rica. Some islands in the South Pacific such as Tahaa have palm trees leaning over the water like you see in postcards but no sand.  I am a dog mom I love the dog beaches that are in Huntington Beach and Carmel, Ca.

Feb 24 13 01:42 pm Link

Model

DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT

Čaġčarān, Ġawr, Afghanistan

Was no one else confused by 'Oceanside beaches'? Aren't all beaches ocean side? I mean... if its a lake then then its a lake, not a beach, and if its a river then its a river. Only beaches are beaches! But maybe there is something I'm missing haha

I'll put a word in for Australian Beaches. Just have a look here: http://101bestbeaches.com/

I loved the beaches in Fiji, but then I found out that gorgeous white sand was shipped in ... from Australia!

Feb 24 13 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

E H

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Cyprus is a nice spot to do beaches. Lots to do year round, beaches all over the island, some topless. It does and can get very warm 46 degrees one
week I was there, but it cooled off to about 30 at night. Would love to go back and shoot there,, anytime....

Feb 24 13 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

For those who live in East Coast, you can beat the choices you have in Caribbean.  Short flight, plenty of places you can go from Grenada (east) to Belize (west) and from Bahamas (north) to Aruba (south). The water is Crystal clear at around 85 degree. There are so many uninhibited islands around.  You can have the whole island and the beach all by yourself for weeks. 

smile

Feb 24 13 04:33 pm Link

Model

Adele Koker

Seoul, Seoul, Korea (South)

Arno island in the Marshall has amazing waves and beaches. Though I can also say that Milk Bay in Cape Town, South Africa has amazing beaches and waves too. Been to both, grew up in Cape Town.

Feb 24 13 05:49 pm Link