Forums > Model Colloquy > Why are so few models into foot modeling?

Model

Rebekah Watkins

Laplace, Louisiana, US

I, for one, am very interested in modelling of any and every kind. I would love to do foot modelling, but it's hard to find foot photographers. sad

Apr 26 13 08:25 pm Link

Model

Alivia Autumn

Seattle, Washington, US

The small small small audience for it?

Most foot fetishists that I know are lurkers and afraid to admit it.  For some reason it's still considered weird.  Look at Quentin Tarantino.  People make fun of him all the time.

Apr 27 13 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Broughton

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

tootsiebook wrote:
I think it's about time that foot people receive the same rights and treatment as gay people currently do. In the end foot fetishism is just another orientation which is being discriminated upon quite heavily by both models and photographers.

and here's where you went from creepy but likely harmless to offensively self-absorbed and clueless.

Apr 27 13 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

tootsiebook wrote:
Why is this? Any help is welcome!

If I was a model, I would see having only one image in your port as a red flag.

Apr 28 13 05:36 am Link

Photographer

7 Mile Productions

San Diego, California, US

I work instep legs and shoes into almost all of my work, whether planned or discovered in post.  The ones known for their eyes or chest parts are often delighted when seeing themselves in a full length mirror.

May 05 13 09:46 am Link

Photographer

BODYSHOP FEETURES

Clearwater, Florida, US

Some here mentioned Colin Ray as an artist that has a truly unique style when it comes to foot photography.  I admire his work very much.

My style ranges from erotic to artistic.  Some of my images are strictly abstract representations, others are intimate,some are playful and others are erotic.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder......we have no control over how people will label us and or the images we create.

I just put it out there.

FYI.....I have never had a problem getting models to pose for my images.  It a matter of respecting boundaries, being polite and professional.

....just my two cents..........

May 05 13 01:03 pm Link

Model

Lyncis

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

I make the most money off foot modeling, even though my toe nails are far from perfect. Yes, it is a fetish type of modeling most of the time, but there are also plenty of great shoe catalogs in the mix whom I enjoy working with a lot.

May 13 13 10:06 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

tootsiebook wrote:
I have asked myself this question for many years.

And I still don't know why most women are so appalled by their own feet. They do love shoes, but hate their own feet..

Hmm?

I guess I now have 2 foot pictures up but it was incidental to shooting the striped leggings.

They are not foot shots but, one does show the bottom of my feet. Shot by Omorphy photos recently and I'm lucky he fit me in his schedule recently.

Not appalled at all by my feet but, they are not the focus of any shots. If I got a shoe contract I'd pamper them like little goddesses!
smile
Jen
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130513/14/51915cb9a7720_m.jpg
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130513/14/51915cc6ebfb8_m.jpg

May 13 13 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

Av8Chuck

Thousand Oaks, California, US

Feet are one of the nine, or so, erogenous zones:

Feet
Ears
Nape of the neck
Back of the knee
breasts
Inner thighs
Forehead
Eyelids
The palm of the hand

These are areas of the body that help heighten sexual experience.

Good ad agencies include shots of one or more of these zones in just about every advertisement.  For most, its not intended as a fetish but often including shots like these make the ad more erotic or sensual.  Many people don't know what about these ads might resonate with them they just know they do.

I'm sure a lot of people here in the U.S have seen the commercials for the Cadillac STS with an attractive women in a dress driving through a tunnel talking about it makes you feel driving that car.  Her legs and feet, as she depressed the throttle, are predominantly featured, for what purpose?

This happens way more than people realize, is it perverted?  You can be the judge of that.

May 13 13 04:36 pm Link

Model

Abby Hawkins

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Because I'm 5'11" and have big, unappealing feet with toes that are gnarled thanks to too-tight shoes.

May 13 13 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

7 Mile Productions

San Diego, California, US

If one looks at the map of the brain - the feet and toes are right next to the genitals - so partialism isn't so hard to imagine.  A third of the bones in the body, a body part that must be used everyday in order to be productive.  They are adorned and attached to the longest limbs of the body like a trunk, not augmented nor does anything get secreted from them or needily sucked on wantily maybe

May 26 13 08:43 pm Link

Model

Big A-Larger Than Life

The Woodlands, Texas, US

Cuz feet are fuckin' gross.  big_smile

And plus I'd scare someone if I modeled my size 13 pontoons lol.  lol

May 26 13 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

PashaPhoto

Brooklyn, New York, US

Big A-Larger Than Life wrote:
Cuz feet are fuckin' gross.  big_smile

And plus I'd scare someone if I modeled my size 13 pontoons lol.  lol

this thread is about foot modeling... not "big foot" modeling smile))))))))))

May 26 13 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

tootsiebook wrote:

Perhaps because many consider it to be a quirky fetish.

May 26 13 08:55 pm Link