Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > NHL Playoffs, 2013 Edition

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Cool Hand Mike wrote:
Penguins didn't need a "hot" goalie so much as a more consistent one. I'm glad for Vokoun, since he had to suffer down here with the Florida Panthers for a bit ( so did the goalie he's facing ).

Who needs even a consistent goalie when you've got Sidney Crosby scoring like a MoFo.

The only thing stopping him right now are weird injuries.

May 18 13 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Damnit, they're going into OT.

*resigned sigh*

May 18 13 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Thank god, this game is over early. Now I can go to bed.

May 18 13 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Farenell Photography wrote:
I hope someone scores in regulation in this Sharks-Kings game.

I just got off a long busy shift at the day job & have to set my alarm for 630a EST. smile

Thank god, this game is over early. Now I can go to bed.

It was a short OT.  Sharks win.  I just hope they can win 3 more times. 
It's going to be a tough series either way.

May 18 13 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Who needs even a consistent goalie when you've got Sidney Crosby scoring like a MoFo.

The only thing stopping him right now are weird injuries.

I thought that Crosby was fragile ... but I guess not.  He complains alot though.

May 18 13 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Blaksuks were schooled......let's see it happen 2-3 more games. Rockin' the Joe on Monday. Enough said...

May 19 13 04:31 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

I thought that Crosby was fragile ... but I guess not.  He complains alot though.

They ought make him a mouth guard with a built in pacifier on it. smile

May 19 13 04:33 am Link

Photographer

Gallery 59 Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

I hope someone scores in regulation in this Sharks-Kings game.

I just got off a long busy shift at the day job & have to set my alarm for 630a EST. smile

It was a short OT.  Sharks win.  I just hope they can win 3 more times. 
It's going to be a tough series either way.

I HATE the Kings, so I'm pulling for the Sharks in this one. Don't know if they can pull this series off, but I'm hoping they at least beat the hell out of the Queens trying! Go Sharks!

May 19 13 10:39 am Link

Photographer

Gallery 59 Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Cherrystone wrote:

They ought make him a mouth guard with a built in pacifier on it. smile

Personally, I think the Crosby haters whine and cry much more than Crosby does. Pretty hypocritical in my book.

Any lesser player (and person) wouldn't even be playing right now after the injuries the guy's sustained, yet he keeps coming back stronger than ever. The guy's beyond amazing and I love watching him play. To be able to see players like Wayne, Mario, and now Sid in my lifetime? Incredible...

Hockey rules...and GO PENS!!!

May 19 13 11:04 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Gallery 59 Photography wrote:
Personally, I think the Crosby haters whine and cry much more than Crosby does. Pretty hypocritical in my book.

Any lesser player (and person) wouldn't even be playing right now after the injuries the guy's sustained, yet he keeps coming back stronger than ever. The guy's beyond amazing and I love watching him play. To be able to see players like Wayne, Mario, and now Sid in my lifetime? Incredible...

Ahhhh, the silly haters gonna hate card. Nice try.

Beliveau.....Sakic......Yzerman. Not one whine ever emanated from their lips, on or off the ice. 3 of the classiest & talented guys to ever play the game.

Study hockey a bit. Prior to expansion, many didn't take any time to recover, they just played thru with their mangled bodies. That, or they risked losing their job forever to someone else.

Bob Baun scored a SC game winning OT goal with a broken foot/ankle. Yzerman played thru the playoffs on knees that weren't good enough to support a piss ant.

Even in later years with the protection of good contracts and the players association when they could afford to sit, they got back on the ice ASAP.

Names floated are just off the top of my head....given some thought I could toss out many more.

Sidney is no special sauce, in the manner you specified. And yeah....he did whine & dive a LOT for many years....to anyone who would listen. The press, linesmen, refs, etc. Man up dude, STFU, & play the game. Not to mention the obvious thing with Bettman his first 5-6 years. The coddling was palpable.

Perhaps it's toned down a bit now, I try not to pay much attention, but when someone strikes me in that manner for many years.....I got nuthin' for him.

*Note question 4. And this is coming from the players. 52% top vote getter. Look at the other top percentages. I guess they must all be haters too, right? smile
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/stor … ayersurvey

May 19 13 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Yes, I just saw (from the ESPN website) my Bruins won to take a 2-0 series lead.

May 19 13 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Gallery 59 Photography wrote:

I do not like any sports team from Pittsburgh.  Heck, I know that Crosby is a great player.  I saw how he got the game winning goal in overtime for team Canada over the USA in Vancouver.  I like a lot of hockey players from Canada.  But in the NHL, Crosby plays for a team I disdain.  Funny thing, it goes back to another sport ... football.

"Hate" is a strong word, I don't usually like to use it, so I'll just say that I couldn't stand Terry Bradshaw.  But back then Bradshaw drove all the NFL defenses crazy.  He's not a bad guy ... actually Bradshaw is arguably in the top 5 of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.  I don't hate Terry Bradshaw ... especially now.

We just have to have someone to "hate" on opposing teams of our favorite teams. No offense meant towards any of my model or photographer friends here who are Pittsburgh fans.  It's just the way of sports spectatoring! 

Aw hell!  I'm making too much sense!  It's good to have some anger and hate once in awhile!   I'll just go back to "Crosby and his Penises SUCk!"

https://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/85/693ccb4192291fb3ebfd31de53a08c77/l.jpg

May 19 13 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Yes, I just saw (from the ESPN website) my Bruins won to take a 2-0 series lead.

I'm not a big East Coast fan, but I gotta admit a sentimental attachment to "Boston Strong!"   So yeah!  Go Bruins!

https://www.mypraize.com/images/rsgallery/original/Boston_Bruins.jpg

... Until I see the next team they play!

May 19 13 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
I'll just go back to "Crosby and his Penises SUCk!"

Now here's a post you & I can damn near totally agree on. smile

But I was kinda fond of the Pirates way back when for a couple of years.

May 19 13 04:19 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Jeezum, the goal-tending on both sides of this Sens-Pens game has been outstanding. So many chances on both sides & so many crazy stops.

May 19 13 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Crap. 1-0 Pens on a helluva shot that hits the post to go in.

May 19 13 06:27 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Really hope Ottawa manages to pull this game out.

May 19 13 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

O.M.G.

May 19 13 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Shit just got interesting!

Sens scored a short-handed goal to tie it up with 28.6 seconds left.

May 19 13 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Shit just got interesting!

Sens scored a short-handed goal to tie it up with 28.6 seconds left.

Make that a 5 on 5 since Ottawa pulled their goalie.

May 19 13 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Watching the replays of that tieing goal. All I can say is "Wow!"

May 19 13 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Flightless Birds have the edge in shots.....but it seems Ottawa is pushing more, and getting better quality chances. Hope that doesn't become a familar backfire.

May 19 13 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Yes! Sens win in 2OT.

I finally can now hit the sack. big_smile

May 19 13 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Cherrystone wrote:
Really hope Ottawa manages to pull this game out.

Whelp....they did. big_smile

May 19 13 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

They beat the pens and the refs

May 19 13 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Chris Rifkin wrote:
They beat the pens and the refs

In some of the games I've seen what the camera catches but the refs miss!
It's all a part of the sport of hockey! wink

May 19 13 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Well if they stall out before playing the big game for the Cup, it's possible ... but for the moment, I don't think that's going to happen.

80% of the country says the Minnows choke no later than game 6. smile
http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollRes … Id=3696015

May 20 13 08:20 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Sing it Karen......GAME ON, GO WINGS!!

May 20 13 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

18 minutes.....get your head outta your asses Wings, and hold on to this.

May 20 13 06:36 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Woo Wings! big_smile

May 20 13 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Cherrystone wrote:
18 minutes.....get your head outta your asses Wings, and hold on to this.

Apparently they did.

I just got home from work to see Wings win 3-1 to take a 2-1 series lead.

May 20 13 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Apparently they did.

I just got home from work to see Wings win 3-1 to take a 2-1 series lead.

Got a little lucky, they were all over the Wings. Thank you Jimmy!

May 20 13 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Cherrystone wrote:
Got a little lucky, they were all over the Wings. Thank you Jimmy!

What's the old sports line, "A win is a win is a win."

This isn't NCAA Div-I where you get bonus points for demolishing an inferior opponent. wink

May 20 13 07:58 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

What's the old sports line, "A win is a win is a win."

This isn't NCAA Div-I where you get bonus points for demolishing an inferior opponent. wink

Oh, I'll take it. smile

You wouldn't know a win is a win from the Chicago folks on the hockey forums.
Their whining is deafening. We're all laughing at them. big_smile

That said.....I hope they regain a little of their game 2 form, and with 2 days rest, they just might.

The weight is really on the Suks.....Wings can easily remain loosey-goosey, a good mindset to be in. smile

$20 says Shaw won't see the ice again anytime soon.

May 20 13 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Chicago Trib isn't free anymore, but in the past I've always liked watching the BS those Chitown writers can spin. With a little luck I got this.....if Douche McNeil isn't hiding in the corner after the last two games, I'm gonna find the latest gems he wrote. Twat....he's so full of shit about a dead rivalry, it's pouring out of his ears. big_smile

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 … -red-wings

Excerpt
So this is the dreamy, second-round match up that was to titillate the senses? The type of grudge match that was to rekindle all the deep-seeded ill feelings Chicagoans and Detroiters had for each other in the days of the old Norris Division?

Or not.

The hammer and the nail have no rivalry. The nail may not like the hammer, but it's disdain for it does not constitute a rivalry because the hammer barely acknowledges the nail's existence.

Right now the Blackhawks are the hammer and the Red Wings are the nail. That will not change during the duration of these Western Conference semifinals.

Mike Babcock's Wings, who've lost eight straight to the Hawks, aren't good enough to make this a contemptuous, long series. Nor do they possess the "criminal element" that guys like Bob Probert, Joey Kocur, Darren McCarty and Keith Primeau provided to make Detroit as loathsome as it was decades ago.

Whatever jealousies that existed from the Red Wings' 11 Stanley Cup titles — the last in 2008 — faded to black and white when the Hawks hoisted the Cup three years ago next month.

The Blackhawks didn't unearth any revelations in their 4-1 win Wednesday night in the series opener. The Presidents' Trophy winners merely confirmed their status as the best in the West. More than in any of their four wins against Minnesota in the opening round, the Hawks played like a championship hockey team.

A tip of the cap to Detroit goaltender Jimmy Howard for keeping his team alive Wednesday, but all one needed to see was the final period to reach the conclusion the Red Wings don't belong in the same rink.

May 21 13 01:53 am Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

C'mon B's!

May 21 13 05:06 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

This game was so exciting, I went out to cut the grass for even more excitement.

May 21 13 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

The B's just scored to tie it up.

1-1 in the 3rd.

May 21 13 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

A little under 3:45 to go in the game.

B's please score so I won't have to worry about still being up at an ungodly hour, trying to see the finish.

May 21 13 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

A little under 3:45 to go in the game.

B's please score so I won't have to worry about still being up at an ungodly hour, trying to see the finish.

No sooner than I bemoan it.

That puck took a crazy bounce.

May 21 13 07:03 pm Link