Forums > Model Colloquy > Models (and others): what's your ethnicity?

Model

Josie Lee

San Diego, California, US

Anna Adrielle wrote:
wow yikes. you are gorgeous! For a second I seriously thought your avatar was a drawing of an asian barbie yikes

Thanks! You are so generous! You are so pretty!

What a fun thread! People have such interesting stories
and heritage! :-)

Nov 26 13 02:05 am Link

Model

Haruka Salt

Los Angeles, California, US

Well, apparently I'm a total mutt. But what I know for sure is: Japanese, Filipino, Irish and German.

Nov 27 13 10:01 pm Link

Model

Meghan Congdon

Austin, Texas, US

Ukrainian.
Irish.
Swiss-German.
French.

And can speak all the languages HOLLA

except German.

:'(

Nov 28 13 09:27 am Link

Model

Syncope

Manassas, Virginia, US

German/English/Scotts-Irish/Scandinavian/French

I'm basically a caucasian mutt.

Nov 29 13 01:05 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

Syncope wrote:
German/English/Scotts-Irish/Scandinavian/French

I'm basically a caucasian mutt.

haha:p

I think all caucasians are mutts (of different nationalities). the reason why the dutch are so tall and blonde is cause they've had a lot of visits from vikings centuries ago. most caucasian dutch people nowadays are (a very very small) part viking

with all the slavery and conquering and traveling within europe, I don't think there's a single drop of "pure" caucasian blood anywhere in europe.

Nov 29 13 01:14 am Link

Model

Gelsen Aripia

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Nov 29 13 02:13 am Link

Model

Vadym Melnychenko

Kiev, Kiev, Ukraine

I've German roots, also Polish.
I think I took for themselves the best smile

Nov 29 13 02:24 am Link

Model

Caitin Bre

Apache Junction, Arizona, US

Eugenya wrote:
Those Irish folks certainly do get around...

LOL We the little people. lol

Nov 29 13 10:27 am Link

Model

fit_60

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

MY mother was from Venus, my father was from Mars.

Nov 29 13 10:40 am Link

Photographer

Fotoartist

Brighton, England, United Kingdom

In Europe we find this US obsession with national roots wierd, as English, Scottish, French, German, Italian, Spanish and all the rest of humanity since man discovered travel, rape and pillage, We are all mongrels and mixed race for 2 to 3 thousand years. For example the relatively modern/current countries in Europe are populated by the earlier Vikings, Danes, Angles, Normans, Goths, etc.  2000 years ago Alexander the Great and his (Greek) army were intermarrying with Persian and Indian people they conqured. 
Now with modern political history we have divided the World with new name countries, Italy and Germany are barely 100 years old and did not exist when the United States broke away from King George.
We may all have identifiable mixed ethnic roots but modern names countries really do not apply.

What do I know?

Nov 29 13 11:12 am Link

Model

Caitin Bre

Apache Junction, Arizona, US

Fotoartist wrote:
In Europe we find this US obsession with national roots wierd, as English, Scottish, French, German, Italian, Spanish and all the rest of humanity since man discovered travel, rape and pillage, We are all mongrels and mixed race for 2 to 3 thousand years. For example the relatively modern/current countries in Europe are populated by the earlier Vikings, Danes, Angles, Normans, Goths, etc.  2000 years ago Alexander the Great and his (Greek) army were intermarrying with Persian and Indian people they conqured. 
Now with modern political history we have divided the World with new name countries, Italy and Germany are barely 100 years old and did not exist when the United States broke away from King George.
We may all have identifiable mixed ethnic roots but modern names countries really do not apply.

What do I know?

Interesting you should say that.
Europe has had a long history of judgement of where people come from and what their Sir name represents.
I don't see it as an obsession at all in the USA as we are people of all ethnic backgrounds. It is more of a fascination with cultures.
USA is a very multi cultural melting pot. More so than anywhere else in the world. It was quoted as the "Land of Opportunity" for a reason. A person no matter from where could break free of the caste system (and similar to) and be whatever he wanted to be by coming to America.
A child was no longer judged by his name. And many more points.

Nov 29 13 11:49 am Link

Photographer

Don Garrett

Escondido, California, US

It is just a point of interest. One's ethnicity is one of the things that gives them a unique look. Certainly not anything to get one's undies in a wad over ! I seriously doubt there were any nefarious intentions here, (or in most cases where ethnicity is discussed).
  I like to fantasize about different mixes, and what phenotype might result - it is fun, and uses up some time !
-Don

Nov 29 13 12:03 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Irish/Scottish/French

Nov 29 13 12:08 pm Link

Model

Hhhhhhhhh

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Italian and ??? Haha

Nov 29 13 12:14 pm Link

Model

Lela Jesse

Shasta Lake, California, US

I'm mostly Hungarian, about 25%.
I also have some German, Irish, British, French, and Dutch in my bloodlines.

Nov 29 13 12:26 pm Link

Model

Nym Faea

San Francisco, California, US

I'm a American.

Mom's side is traced back to a revolutionary war gun shop. I'm Danish, Norwegian, a bit of English, French, and German for good measure. That side of the family mostly inhabits the MidWest, where many Scandinavians ended up. Dad's side is a little more of a mystery. There's definitely a smidge of Cherokee, it shows in my eyes and cheek bones sometimes, and a lot of people think I must have a dabble of Asian. They're mostly in the Virginias and the Carolinas. My dad and I both start talking with a hick twang once we've been drinking.

Nov 29 13 12:56 pm Link

Model

JadeDRed

London, England, United Kingdom

Caitin Bre wrote:
It was quoted as the "Land of Opportunity" for a reason. A person no matter from where could break free of the caste system (and similar to) and be whatever he wanted to be by coming to America.

Wasn't the civil rights movement like 50 years ago?

Nov 29 13 04:58 pm Link

Model

Kate Eaton

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Gosh...I don't really know. Family history is murky at best and Eaton is not my "real" last name.

Nov 29 13 05:00 pm Link

Model

Cattiva Gattina

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Italian, German, Polish

Nov 29 13 05:05 pm Link

Model

Alexander de Vignier

Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland

i love this thread! isnt the human being just the most amazing breed of animal, with the most beautiful variations in the universe?

i am a pure bread russian eastern slav lol. next gen will be mixed for sure.

Nov 29 13 05:14 pm Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

German Jew from my mother (Holocaust survivor), and Spanish/Irish from my father.

Nov 29 13 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

I am descended from the waves of Middle Eastern Migration (a line that may have kicked off in Western Asia) that passed through the Iberian peninsula through to the British Isles. On my mother's side it is English and Irish. In my youth I displayed strong auburn hints in my hair-a colour that is strongly featured throughout Europe, and may be a sign of a link to haplogroup R1b, but different from the Mediterranean group in that red hair seems to have correlated with fair skin. I am quite fair. My hazel eyes show that I may derive significant points of origin from where blue, brown, and green eyes intermixed in the movement of ancient peoples across Asia and Europe. My mother's eyes were green. That eye colour may have first made its appearance where brown and blue eyes met. She had the rarest eye colour and mine is not common, shifting through spectrums of light gold and shifting to light green. My eyes can get easily burned in Southern California and take a long time to recover.

My father's side included Irish, French, a lot of English, and also on his mother's side, Native American. You could see that in the cheekbones of my grandmother and her hair. My father had black hair and brown eyes.

And so to boil it down: I look Celtic/Germanic.

Nov 29 13 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

Herman Surkis

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Human, and I am constantly apologizing for it.

Nov 29 13 09:51 pm Link

Model

Elektra Yu

Prague, Prague, Czech Republic

(Hong Kong) Chinese and I'm on MM smile

Dec 01 13 11:02 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Elektra Yu wrote:
(Hong Kong) Chinese and I'm on MM smile

... and your look is just   a m a z i n g !

Dec 01 13 02:28 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Call Me Caitlin wrote:
I'm half Malaysian and half German. smile

French/Dutch/Cree/Ojibwe/Athabascan from my Dad
Cherokee/Choctaw/German/English/Irish from my Mom

But I don't self-identify with all of that only the ones that my family identifies with.

Jen

Dec 01 13 04:02 pm Link

Model

Miss_Bee

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Half Haitian, half Norwegian!

Dec 02 13 08:50 pm Link

Model

Iris Sparxx

Sacramento, California, US

GERMAN & Swedish  (:

Dec 03 13 11:27 am Link

Model

Jupiter Red

New York, New York, US

African/ Native American/ Persian
Yay smile

Dec 03 13 11:45 am Link

Model

Annoula T

Fort Lee, New Jersey, US

Greek smile

However, people hardly guess Greek and I usually get Colombian, Brazilian, or Puerto Rican and then the other extreme, Lebanese, Arabic, or Egyptian lol it's funny when people try to guess. I guess that's what happens when you have exotic genes. wink

Dec 10 13 07:33 am Link

Model

Nicole Rachel

London, England, United Kingdom

half Indian & half Jewish

Dec 10 13 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Is "skin cancer magnet" an ethnicity?

What about "transparent"?

Dec 10 13 07:47 am Link

Artist/Painter

Christopher Willingham

Long Beach, California, US

I'm a black dude.

Dec 10 13 08:08 am Link

Photographer

Giacomo Cirrincioni

Stamford, Connecticut, US

Sicilian

Dec 10 13 08:42 am Link

Model

amandakayfit

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I know that I am 1/2 German at the least, 1/8 African American and the rest is a giant mystery. Cons of being adopted.

Dec 10 13 08:50 am Link

Model

Sahar Khadjenoury

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

I'm where (Mid) East meets West...  Persian and Navajo

Dec 10 13 08:54 am Link

Model

Julia Steel

Sylvania, Ohio, US

I'm Apache/Ukrainian/Japanese/Jewish/Australian Aboriginal

Jk I'm just white

More specifically, Italian

But I have been asked if I am all of those at some point lol

Dec 10 13 09:12 am Link

Model

Ekho Kumori

Japanese, Mexican, English, Irish, German.

Yay mutts! smile

Dec 10 13 09:16 am Link

Model

Deleted000000000000

Addieville, Illinois, US

English, French, and German on my mother's side;
English, Choctaw, and Mexican on my father's side.

Dad's side won out and I got all the Choctaw genes but a watered down brown/red complexion.

Dec 10 13 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Dan OMell

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Friecatian

Dec 10 13 02:33 pm Link