Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > The most explcit picture always gets the most hits

Model

The Thorny Rose

Chicago, Illinois, US

actually in my case, the pic with the most hits isn't a T&A shot... it is a bit of a provacative pose though... so this theory may be somewhat right.

Aug 28 05 08:13 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

Vatican City, Holy See, Vatican City

aguynamededdy wrote:
so that's why i don't have alot of hits....no T&A shots. damn! smile

no that's not the theory. It is not that simple. The theory is about p**sy shots, if some thinks they might be able to see it when they enlarge the picture that is the one they will enlarge. Even if your pictures are all nude viewers prefer the p**sy shot.

Aug 28 05 10:31 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

The Thorny Rose wrote:
actually in my case, the pic with the most hits isn't a T&A shot... it is a bit of a provacative pose though... so this theory may be somewhat right.

i looked at your porfolio aand i would say it is further evidence for the theory in that the picture that has the most views is the one that has the highest possibility of seeing a spread.

Aug 28 05 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

Ron Royster

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US

I have LOTS of nudes, but NOBODY ever comes over to visit.

Maybe I live on the wrong side of the tracks?!?!?!

Aug 29 05 01:45 am Link

Model

dpretty

Ashland, Alabama, US

Hugh  Jorgen wrote:
If you read the forums you will find that most are not people because they would never have sex or look at nude photos..
Or at least thats what they would have you belive..lol

Apparently they really are human underneath those hard shells they wear.

Aug 29 05 02:00 am Link

Photographer

PDXImaging

Lake Oswego, Oregon, US

Eroticist Films wrote:

Maybe I live on the wrong side of the tracks?!?!?!

I visited...  LOL

Aug 29 05 05:39 am Link

Photographer

Michael Siu

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

I visited . . . dwarfs and models very different.  *grin*

Aug 29 05 06:44 am Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

Eroticist Films wrote:

Made me look!
Try complaining again and see if you can make me look again.

Aug 29 05 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Lee-Bonaventure

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, US

On a site on -another network- I found that images which were up-skirts of sorts, or featured models deliberately showing their panties...these seemed to get more hits than topless. 

Any feedback on this phenomenon ?

Aug 29 05 01:01 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

Lee-Bonaventure1 wrote:
On a site on -another network- I found that images which were up-skirts of sorts, or featured models deliberately showing their panties...these seemed to get more hits than topless. 

Any feedback on this phenomenon ?

Seems to fit the theory, which is that the picture in any given portfolio that prmomises the highest possibility of seeing genetelia always gets the hit.

Aug 29 05 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

Payaso_Perverso

As odd as it may sound I think the image that gets the most hits on my page shows no skin... I have tons of skin but people look at the picture of Collin... Male model with his cloths on...

Aug 29 05 02:16 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

Beau wrote:
As odd as it may sound I think the image that gets the most hits on my page shows no skin... I have tons of skin but people look at the picture of Collin... Male model with his cloths on...

I lloked at your excellent portfolio and you are right. I have no idea why this is true unless the male model loves to look at his own image or he has a huge fan.

Aug 29 05 04:43 pm Link

Model

Hel Inferna

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

That is definatly not the case in my portfolio.

Aug 29 05 04:47 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

Hel Inferna wrote:
That is definatly not the case in my portfolio.

You've got a really cool portfolio, but I don't think it has anything to say about the theory cause there's no chance of seeing any crotch at all

Aug 29 05 06:29 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

Karl Popper the British philosopher of science argued that you don't establish a theory by confirming it, but by showing instances in which it does not hold. In his famous example the theory that all swans are white is only challenged by presenting a black swan.

You get the point....

Aug 31 05 12:41 am Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

Maybe the better thing to do would be ban any nudity on a site that’s directed at hosting marketable artist to try and keep the focus on getting a mainstream job that pays and not filling portfolios with filler and fluff.

Could there be a need for AltModelMayhem?

I for one, could do without seeing any T&A in a portfolio that’s supposed to be supporting either the models best interest or the photographer as a serious artist with a sense of fashion.
Does it really matter who looks at what and does you know what with their thingy?
If a model wants to have the Maxium look, let the goo fly.

Let the art speak for it’s self or let it die…

“opens the hate mail box and waitsâ€?

I think thats an excellent idea.  I am not opposed to nudes, but not all nudes are art.  Heck not all photos are art.

Aug 31 05 08:51 am Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

Photographers and models should do whatever sort of pictures they want. My point is not that men are pervs, but rather that people are drawn to look at  certain pictures whether they are conscious of it or not.

Whether or not a picture is explcit or not says nothing about the quality of the picture.

The art always speaks for itself, whether it is not or not, or explicit or not.

Aug 31 05 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Wolfie's a perv.

Aug 31 05 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Lora wrote:
Yes, my most explicit pic (though it doesn't show that much) has over 600 hits.

Well ...................actualy 601       smile  woohoo like the legs

Aug 31 05 04:49 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

Brian Diaz wrote:
Wolfie's a perv.

wolves always perv in packs ask little red riding model

Aug 31 05 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Dyanov wrote:

Are you talking about shootouts? smile

Aug 31 05 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Dyanov wrote:

Brian Diaz wrote:
Are you talking about shootouts? smile

Does little red riding model have any upskirt shots? If so whats her MM#             LOL

Aug 31 05 04:58 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

That's right Brian you guessed right, even though I wasn't actually thinking anything really, but that's a good answer.

Aug 31 05 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

PDXImaging

Lake Oswego, Oregon, US

LOL, all I know is an image I posted in response to this post has had over 500 hits in a week...

Aug 31 05 11:14 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

PDXImaging wrote:
LOL, all I know is an image I posted in response to this post has had over 500 hits in a week...

You're on your way to testing the theory, now what you need to do is fill your entire portfolio with only crotch shots and see what types of crotch shots get the most hits. It's for science.....

Sep 01 05 11:11 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

please Mr. President stop posting under my name. It's not funny.
Don't be such a poser.
And tell Dick to cover it.

Sep 05 05 02:58 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

What do you say we all get in my Subaru, the one with the big orange Kayak and look for a place that is open and get something to eat. Seriously..... Let me know if you're in, if you have your own paddle.....

Sep 05 05 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

Expressions in OKC

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

Yes, the old refrain. I could put up a great sunset photo of a interesting building like a countryside red barn glowing in the sun with wondrous colors, but put this beside even the hint of cleavage and the barn is doomed. Doesn't matter if the colors on the cleavage are lurid and the detail grainy, the boobs beat the better barn hands down.

Sep 06 05 08:47 am Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

mrclay2000 wrote:
Yes, the old refrain. I could put up a great sunset photo of a interesting building like a countryside red barn glowing in the sun with wondrous colors, but put this beside even the hint of cleavage and the barn is doomed. Doesn't matter if the colors on the cleavage are lurid and the detail grainy, the boobs beat the better barn hands down.

Do you have a picture of your sun set barn, place next to your cleavage shot, or better still photshop the cleavage on to the roof of the burn. You could call the shot the red breast barn, or setting cleavage.

Sep 06 05 10:47 am Link