Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > NFL Anthem Rules

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
Who defines "what is right"?  It is rarely legislators who do that -- "right" is more often defined by the masses.  In this case, who's to say that kneeling is okay for prayer but not okay for the anthem?

...  I don't see multi-millionaire athletes lecturing anybody.
...  Many of those athletes have careers that last <10 years long.
...  Many of those athletes come from more humble origins & have friends and family who are still poor.
...  Just because someone disagrees with you, that doesn't mean that that person isn't entitled to an opinion.

You are correct.  We get our moral compasses from many different places.  The sources of the principles are varied, subjective, situational and often self serving.  Laws may have the force of law, but the option is most likely anarchy.  I didn't design the system and I am not naive enough to think that there is anywhere I can live, except in the deepest of isolation, in which I can live by my own moral compass.

I am well aware that for most people, the right thing would not have been to go up in that tree.  I would hope that most people would have at least tried to talk him out of it, but the reality is that most people would have no idea how dangerous his plan was.

Jun 06 18 07:52 am Link

Photographer

What Fun Productions

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jun 06 18 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

What Fun Productions

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Hunter  GWPB wrote:

Did they do it on air yet?

Of course:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54v4t7wTIAI

Jun 06 18 10:03 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

What Fun Productions wrote:

Of course:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54v4t7wTIAI

Thank you!

Jun 07 18 06:22 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

On vaguely related news, All 32 NFL teams are getting newly designed helmets!.  Some comments:
...  Some (including me) might find them ugly -- the logos are too big.
...  There doesn't appear anything about these new helmets that would improve protection against concussions.

Concussions?  Hey, look at those bastard players kneeling during the anthem & disrespecting the flag!!!  Whew!  That was close.  We almost had to think about concussions (or racial inequality or other crap).  Look at those shiny new helmets.

Jun 07 18 01:25 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

Nov 09 18 01:50 pm Link